PDA

View Full Version : Rep Point Question

dgie
09-02-2004, 11:22 PM
I am looking at my rep points, what do the green boxes mean, what do the black boxes mean and what do all those red boxes mean :notam: :( :sqeyes:
why cant I just turn off the rating thing like in the old days of HB, so I stop looking at it? :p

Jordy
09-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Green boxes are good and give you rep points. The amount varies based upon who they come from, how long they have been here and the amount of posts they have. There is a super top secret formula to calculate all that.
The grey ones can be good or bad, usually have to read the comments, but they don't help or hurt you. Typically they are from someone who hasn't been here very long.
The red ones are bad and take away points. Same kind of deal as the green ones, in that it depends on who leaves them, how much they hurt ya.
Get it? Got it? Good. :D

JetBoatRich
09-03-2004, 07:16 AM
I am looking at my rep points, what do the green boxes mean, what do the black boxes mean and what do all those red boxes mean :notam: :( :sqeyes:
why cant I just turn off the rating thing like in the old days of HB, so I stop looking at it? :p
Just hit you with some green help :D see if that helps

hot_diggity_dog
09-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Have any of you had the pop up say you need to spread some more Reputation before giving this member more rep points???
HDD :cool:

OutCole'd
09-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Have any of you had the pop up say you need to spread some more Reputation before giving this member more rep points???
Happens to me all the time. I have not been able to give the same person points twice yet.

Mrs. casean
09-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Yep! You gotta spread the wealth before you can give more points to someone you already have given points to. :D

JetBoatRich
09-03-2004, 07:22 AM
We are only allowed to hit so many in a 24 hour period :hammer2: if you hit people through-out the day, you can give them out at different times of the day. A revolving window :eek:

Scream
09-03-2004, 07:34 AM
I believe you also need to cycle your points to other users before going back to anyone from before, that is to say, if you gave me points once, you'd have to give points to say 20 other people before you could hit me again.

dgie
09-03-2004, 07:35 AM
We are only allowed to hit so many in a 24 hour period :hammer2: if you hit people through-out the day, you can give them out at different times of the day. A revolving window :eek:
Thanks, I did not see a real change yet. My little 1 box still says a full cooler and a new pair of sunglasses, do they send them UPS or regular mail....I think I need to get a tracking number :D

JetBoatRich
09-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Thanks, I did not see a real change yet. My little 1 box still says a full cooler and a new pair of sunglasses, do they send them UPS or regular mail....I think I need to get a tracking number :D
Fed-Ex next day ;)
Look at your User CP to see what the points did.

racecar.hotshoe
09-03-2004, 07:38 AM
I believe you also need to cycle your points to other users before going back to anyone from before, that is to say, if you gave me points once, you'd have to give points to say 20 other people before you could hit me again.
Scream how many points does one green box under you name count for??

Scream
09-03-2004, 07:39 AM
I have no idea, but for what it's worth, I think the max is 15 on the sliding scale.
I just hit ya, see if you can tell

dgie
09-03-2004, 07:40 AM
says 91 :eek:

JetBoatRich
09-03-2004, 07:43 AM
It has something to do with around a hundred points :D
from what I see, 0-99 one square, 100-199 2 squares, etc.
That is my quess ;) :idea: