PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Delivery ???

Lawler
09-03-2004, 07:38 AM
I have a 1986 Eliminator Sprint and the 2 fuel tanks are on the side of the boat. The pick ups are on the top of the tanks. I have the fuel system set up so that a line comes out of each tank and runs into a wye blcok and then into a prefilter which runs to the pump. From the pump it goes through another filter and into the regulator. The regulator has 2 lines running to 2 650 Demon carbs. The problem I have been having is that the tanks don't seem to be draining the same. One drains faster than the other. Anyone have any suggestions? I know that if the pick ups were at the bottom of the 2 tanks then it would equalize out. I really don't want to have to install 2 fuel pumps, filters, and braided lines to seperate the tanks but I don't want the one tank to run dry and be sucking air while the other is full. Anyone been through this situation?

revndave
09-03-2004, 07:43 AM
THAT IS COMMON WITH THAT SET UP.I USE A 1/2 BALL VALVE TO SEPERATE MY TANKS.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/686100_0065.JPG YOU CAN SEE YELLOW HANDLE.

victorfb
09-03-2004, 08:20 AM
i had the same problem, but i also had two differant length fuel lines. from one tank it was only 12", from the other it was over 3', and then to the water seperater/filter. i made the lines equal length and have had no problems since.

Lawler
09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
My lines are different lengths as well. I will have to try making the one longer and see what it does. Or try the valve idea.......

jstwkd
09-03-2004, 08:48 AM
the are desighned to drain that way..one goes down until the pressure is lower then pulls form the other etc..back and forth..U can put a manual valve in so if you run out of fuel you can lock one out and still get home..
one will will allways be lower than the other..a pump cant suck or push if thier is air on one side..your lines should be as equal as possable
Are they way off?

1978 Rogers
09-03-2004, 09:29 AM
I have little ball valves on both sides of the "T" fitting. I close the valve a little that draws faster to balance mine my tanks.