PDA

View Full Version : 32 footer on parker strip

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Can I run my 32 footer in parker or is it shallow

Up 4 River
09-03-2004, 11:43 AM
You can run your 32 on Parker if you want. There are shallow spots up river closer to the dam, but you should be fine. Two weeks ago I saw photoglu out there with his new Fountain, so I wouldn't think you would have a problem.
U4R

djunkie
09-03-2004, 11:44 AM
I've seen bigger there. If you know where the shallow spots are you should be ok but I would stay away from there this weekend.

carbonmarine
09-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I did, I had to do 3 point turns and its fugg'in crazy. People just dont realize YOU cant stop or turn on dime..... Its fun to slowly moozzzy along, just pick your times but be very , very aware - MORONS ARE EVEREYWHERE IN SUCH A TIGHT SPOT.... ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN HAVASU, JUST MORE CONDENSED , so you need to be MORE AWARE.
Rick

don johnson
09-03-2004, 11:56 AM
I have a home there and run my 33 Daytona every weekend. No problems. Just watch out for the 2 shallow spots;
Just downriver from Fox's AZ side
At the big turn where it is bouyed off

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I have a home there and run my 33 Daytona every weekend. No problems. Just watch out for the 2 shallow spots;
Just downriver from Fox's AZ side
At the big turn where it is bouyed off
thanks for the info

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend anything bigger than a 21' On Parker,Besides thats why they have Havazoooo for the Big Guys :D :D You wouldn't like Parker anyways, Its Boring all you can do is cruise up and down and hang at the Sandbars :wink: :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend anything bigger than a 21' On Parker,Besides thats why they have Havazoooo for the Big Guys :D :D :D
oooo I'm really going now, I have to make big wakes :jawdrop:

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 12:10 PM
oooo I'm really going now, I have to make big wakes :jawdrop:
LMAO.........OK hows this then Bring lots of Props you might need them ,Is that scaring you off yet :cool:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 12:42 PM
LMAO.........OK hows this then Bring lots of Props you might need them ,Is that scaring you off yet :cool:
nope I have a prop that is already beat up i will bring that one so there :yuk:

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 12:47 PM
nope I have a prop that is already beat up i will bring that one so there :yuk:
DAMN,I'm working all the angles here now....Is there anything I can say to change your mind? :idea: I really don't want a repeat of this :( OK if I have to break out the Pic I will then :supp: :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/29Parker_Sunken_Boat_2-med.jpg

HBjet
09-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Question. Why would someone want to take a boat to a place where you have to do 3 point turns (off plain) just to turn around? Or to a place where you have to wonder if your boat is too big? I'm not knocking anyone, just couldn't imagine much fun driving a boat like RD's Mini Schiada in a swiming pool with a bunch of kids playing around at the same time. Because to me, thats what Parker seems like when you have these huge boats there. I'm not bothered by it though because I don't boat at Parker. I guess if I had a 32'-36' boat the smallest body of water I would run it at would be Havasu.
HBjet :confused:

Up 4 River
09-03-2004, 12:49 PM
The nice thing about Parker is we can sit on our docks and have a good view of the ladies that you have on your boat. :) Make sure their showing the AZZ as you drive by.

Slick
09-03-2004, 01:14 PM
For the most part, stay in the middle up river from big bend and you'll be fine. I'm not sure which is the better side to go to on the way to the damn when you see the big rock bar.
As far as just downriver from foxes, again, stay in the middle and ON PLANE.
Have fun and if you can hook up with someone from the boards that knows the river, have them take a ride with you or follow them to the damn so you know the caution spots. It's not that big of a deal, so don't worry, be safe, and have fun.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Question. Why would someone want to take a boat to a place where you have to do 3 point turns (off plain) just to turn around? Or to a place where you have to wonder if your boat is too big? I'm not knocking anyone, just couldn't imagine much fun driving a boat like RD's Mini Schiada in a swiming pool with a bunch of kids playing around at the same time. Because to me, thats what Parker seems like when you have these huge boats there. I'm not bothered by it though because I don't boat at Parker. I guess if I had a 32'-36' boat the smallest body of water I would run it at would be Havasu.
HBjet :confused:
HB, is not that small, I have been to parker lots of times in my 26 footer. But since I have not been there in 2 years and the water levels do change I ask for some advise. I know some smaller jets and flat bottom boats dont like big boats on parker do to the fact I leave a big wake and they may get washed under it. I will have boated at perris, elsinore and the pacific ocean. I go where ever the water is. the reason I ask about parker was that some friends of mine are having a party down there this weekend and I was thinking about bringing the boat down since I will be in havasu anyway. And I have never had to do a 3 point turn off plain at parker. Its all in the Captain of the ship. 3 point turn that is funny

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 02:01 PM
The nice thing about Parker is we can sit on our docks and have a good view of the ladies that you have on your boat. :) Make sure their showing the AZZ as you drive by.
well maybe I will be at roadrunner having a few

Kilrtoy
09-03-2004, 02:38 PM
The only place i jacked my prop was at PARKER, in a 21 'shockwave
You know what it looks like MEL and next time please wipe off the drool..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1040100.JPG

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 02:41 PM
:hammerhea :argue: :hammerhea dont worry when you get your storage bill I will buy two more lab 28 props :devil:
anyway parker is small and the party will be at the zoo

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
the party will be at the zoo
DAMN,Maybe I need to get a bigger Boat :cool: :)

Kilrtoy
09-03-2004, 02:48 PM
You are gonna need new 28's if you go to PARKER this weekend....
Im paid in full for the next ten years, you got to ride in my boat with MRS KILRTOY ABOARD

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 03:03 PM
You are gonna need new 28's if you go to PARKER this weekend....
Im paid in full for the next ten years, you got to ride in my boat with MRS KILRTOY ABOARD
OK Mrs kilr yes the boat ride :yuk: it was ok but my back hurts from all the bumps can I call Larry Parker

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 03:04 PM
can I call Larry Parker
Doesn't he hang out in Parker :confused: :idea:

Havasu Luvr
09-03-2004, 03:26 PM
OK Mrs kilr yes the boat ride :yuk: it was ok but my back hurts from all the bumps can I call Larry Parker
Watch out ! ! ! Larry H. Parker got him a 32' Commander :jawdrop:

boatnam2
09-04-2004, 06:01 PM
damm steve i bet the old chevy dont like to fire up to good after seeing the way you wash the motor.come on down sya parker on the weekend is so chopped up i cant see myself in nothing smaller then 26.need to grow with the times or get the local paper and start looking for some real estate in blythe.

wsuwrhr
09-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Why? Isn't there an ocean near us somewhere?
Brian

Kilrtoy
09-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Watch out ! ! ! Larry H. Parker got him a 32' Commander :jawdrop:
I thought that was him in that TV commercial.....

TCHB
09-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Parker is a great place for smaller boats but is out of control for larger fast boats. I have seen large boats traveling 100MPH within 100ft of shore passing small water craft! When you mix all the jet skis, small boats, wake board boats and 35ft boats you are asking for trouble. Another problem is all the boats taking off from shore into the traffic stream. Parker is a great place during the week!

jackpunx
09-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Parker is a great place for smaller boats but is out of control for larger fast boats. I have seen large boats traveling 100MPH within 100ft of shore passing small water craft! When you mix all the jet skis, small boats, wake board boats and 35ft boats you are asking for trouble. Another problem is all the boats taking off from shore into the traffic stream. Parker is a great place during the week!
what about the small boats traveling 100mph :supp:
You'll be fine.. but there are some shallow spots.. up river.. and if its low.. just stay away from the top part of the river.. Let us know when your going.. and I"ll hand you your ass..j/k.. I mean show you the shallow spots..lol :D

PHOTOGLOU
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't worry about it. Just take it easy, have fun and you don't need to make 3 point turns in all spots

rvrkaosI
09-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Got back from parker last night,
Hit a sandbar just past roadrunner after 10pm on Saturday; stay to the left going up river just past road runner just under the bouey flying in the air on the power line, its about 2ft deep in the middle of the river when the water isn't flowing, believe me when I say this, I was in the middle, and ca chunk! ca chunk! I thought the drive fell off :jawdrop: Lit up the water with my spot light to see ground of rocks!!!!! $200 bucks out now, the prop will live, but my memories of a sandbar will prevail. When the water is flowing though, don't worry, at plaining speed you should be o.k. I think.......
Stay below roadrunner, and you'll be fine :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-07-2004, 11:15 PM
well I didnt go to parker, I stayed up at the zoo and had a wild time in speed alley :rollside: :rollside: