PDA

View Full Version : parker strip

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 11:40 AM
is it big enough for my 32 footer :sqeyes: ;)

BarryMac
09-03-2004, 12:10 PM
is it big enough for my 32 footer :sqeyes: ;)
I didn't realize you were that long... :rollside: :boxed: :rollside:
gjb

rivercrazy
09-03-2004, 12:23 PM
I'd be extremely cautious. Stay south of Foxes and you should be OK. But why waste your time running your boat there. You can go from end to end in less than 5-6 minutes! :D

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 12:25 PM
I'd be extremely cautious. Stay south of Foxes and you should be OK. But why waste your time running your boat there. You can go from end to end in less than 5-6 minutes! :D
I Totally agree,Couldn't of said it better if I tried :crossx: :cool: :D LOL :)

lucky
09-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Its outboard powered then it could take you up to an hour ....

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-03-2004, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't take it there.. we had a little trouble with ours.. and it was we couldn't run it like we do in Havazoo.. :rollside:

rivercrazy
09-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Its outboard powered then it could take you up to an hour ....
If you float back from Parker Dam to the southern Sandbar! :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't take it there.. we had a little trouble with ours.. and it was we couldn't run it like we do in Havazoo.. :rollside:
Thanks hunny, I will be at the zoo

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks hunny, I will be at the zoo
your welcome.. it's just too small there and the lake lice is worse there than havazoo.. :rolleyes: :p

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 12:38 PM
it's just too small there and the lake lice is worse there than havazoo.. :rolleyes: :p
Don't let little things like this Scare you off,Beside the Big Boats help make for a Deeper River with all the Dredging of the River Bottom they do :notam:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Don't let little things like this Scare you off,Beside the Big Boats help make for a Deeper River with all the Dredging of the River Bottom they do :notam:
LOL!! we went from one side to the other in like 3-mins.. :hammerhea

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Thats noy funny :boxingguy

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Thats noy funny :boxingguy
LOL.........Thats OK if it make you feel better I'll stay off of Havasu,After all I'd hate for my Big wake to sink you :D :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
LOL.........Thats OK if it make you feel better I'll stay off of Havasu,After all I'd hate for my Big wake to sink you :D :D
thats right please dont sink me :burningm:

BLOWN HOWARD
09-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah do everybody a favor and keep the yacths up on Havazoo!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 01:39 PM
thats right please dont sink me :burningm:
LMAO......... :D :D

WUTWZAT
09-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Thats mighty nice of you Steve, are you there now?
Have you seen my brother lately? His cell phone is off or no reception and my dad keeps calling saying that he should be home Friday.
Anyways, my new truck the Expedition is dead...... Got people from Ford coming out to investigate it Tuesday. So far it needs new heads, at least 1 - 3 pistons and they haven't even begun to disect it for the investigators. Already $1800.00 in the hole and its not fixed. FORD hey doesn't that stand for, no wait, my Dodge is still running. :hammerhea
Jason

boatnam2
09-03-2004, 08:10 PM
more then big enough for your boat.come on down the waters :D fine!

Beautiful Noise
09-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Thats mighty nice of you Steve, are you there now?
Jason,I'm leaving at 4am I'll be there somewhere around 9am,I'll tell your Brother HI for you :rollside: :rollside:

Dr. Eagle
09-03-2004, 09:12 PM
more then big enough for your boat.come on down the waters :D fine!
Hell yeah, It's big enough for the queen mary if you could figure out how to launch it and where to moor it!

dmontzsta
09-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Big boats belong on Havasu.
Leave the river for the boats that are 22' and below, like it should be. :D

Wakker
09-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Big boats belong on Havasu.
Leave the river for the boats that are 22' and below, like it should be. :D
I'll second that...

boatnam2
09-03-2004, 10:56 PM
i can tell you boys havent been on the strip in a while gets a little rough in a 21.if you like boating at 6 am though its not to bad.

BeetleJuice
09-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Boatnam2, I couldn't agree with you more! I have boated since I was 16 on the river and over time the size of boats have just gotten bigger and the river does get ruff from the crowds, wind, wakeboard boats, etc. and the bigger boats are just plainly more comfortable . Recently I purchased a 38'Hustler and spent two days back in June on the Parker Strip and had a great time, with no size issues, except for everyone noticing it, but everyone was cool. If you know the river and know where the shallow spots are then you are OK in any towable size boat. I went from Dam to Blue Water and back several times without a little ding or chip in my props. And as far as wakes, those wakeboard boats that fill their bladders up with over a thousand pounds of water moving along at a slow speed throw up the largest wakes of us all. I plan on being back at Parker without any hesitation.
You know the saying " Size Does Matter " !!!

dmontzsta
09-03-2004, 11:43 PM
The reason the water gets more and more choppy is because of the bigger and bigger the boats. Us small boats can gain some mph in chop, it isnt like we cant handle it...it is more fun and you can get some serious AIR. :D I think the river belongs to the small boats...plus it is hard to turn bigger boats and the river is only so wide. I would like to have a big boat in the stable, but only for the lakes, lakes dont seem to be as smooth.