PDA

View Full Version : Bowties Forever

skeepwerkzaz
04-25-2001, 09:27 PM
Hey Folks,
I jujst wanted to say that there is WWWAAAAAYYYY too much FORD talk goin on around here!!! Chevy's are the only way to spin a jet! My particular ride is a 18' Nordic. 468, aluminum heads w/ K-motion springs, port matched, cc'd and ported, weiand Hi-Ram w/ worked 660 center squirters, 10-1 pistons, Isky solid cam, .630 lift 269deg@.050, comp cam pushrods, Harland Sharp Roller rockers, Donovan gear drive and front cover, all plumbed w/aeroquip fireproof teflon AN hoses. The pump is a Berk 12-JG blueprinted by CP, w/ a loader, and a stuffer. The only problem is that is yet to be started! Thrashing to make it to Fox's for Memorial Day, and I'll take the Pepsi challenge with any of you FoRd guys right now! (pretty cocky huh?) None of the fOrDs in the other articles sound like too much of a threat though. Ha Ha I'm hoping to spin this ole Berk right around 6K, and my engine builder and CP think it's a good possibility. The proof is in the puddin' though so until mine starts-up I better shut-up cuz I can't step-up. Anyways Chevys rule, FuRds suck and I'll start taking numbers now with any of you Parker people with fords that want to get spanked (and out-roosted) in front of your loved ones!
Until next time...
Skeep

phillyray
04-26-2001, 04:34 AM
Daaammmmmm...talk about a verbal bitch slap! rebutal Ford Guys?

Slick
04-26-2001, 05:43 AM
Hey, Skeep
My boats not running either, having the pump redone and new floor. I'm running a Chevy 502hp. I really don't care if it's a *@#$%^&-over-rebuilt-Dodge or not, but with talk like that you deserve to be whooped up on. When you do decide to race, do me two favors:
1. Stage your race down-river from Roadrunner across from LaPaz Park, that's where I stay. Love watching a good race.
2. Don't be another weekend warrior and try to race on the busiest weekend of the year. I'd hate to see you get pulled over by the Sherriff's Dept. or worse, fished off the bottom by LaPaz Search and Rescue.
Good luck with your boat, have fun and be safe.
Slick
[This message has been edited by Slick (edited April 26, 2001).]

Cas42
04-26-2001, 06:53 AM
Skeep,
It goes without saying that Chevy's are better so there's no need to waste the energy typing about it.

spectras only
04-26-2001, 07:48 AM
No comment,just a waste of time! BTW Skeep, I have a "real chev,1970 LS-6" in one of my boat and a FORD 429 CJ in another.Who cares???

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 09:38 AM
Ha,
I got y'all talkin anyway! I like anything with pistons, I just prefer the General. My true love falls on the hands of my 65 GTO. Just waiting to build a bad-ass ponton to sneak into the rails of a pumper! Hey slick... we camp at Fox's my bro and I, he has a 19' Daytona w/a 900+ horse BBC (8-71 etc.) and he will dispose of whatever I can't! We aren't Parker idiots, and know that there is a time and place for everything... My time is usually around sun-up! We plan on getting there on tue-wed to wind out all of the kinks. I am a 20 yr boater that knows whats going on, so I know what/what not to do, no cops for me. I wont even touch a brew if I know I am going to be behind the wheel. I am just hopeing for a little friendly competition, and I think I will be set.
Later,
SKEEP

spectras only
04-26-2001, 10:07 AM
Hey Skeep,in your profile you state your occupation being a student.Now ,you say you're a 20 year boater,add another 16 years when you can operate a boat by yourself,that makes you about 36 years old.What happened,how come you're still a student of what?

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Spectra,
I am a 28 yr old Grad student. First drove a jet boat (on daddys knee) when I was 5. I am getting my masters in Aerospace Technology. I also own a computer 3D modeling company. Back in the 80's you didn't need a D.L. to operate on waterways, so I started pulling ole mom&dad behind our '78 Sanger bubble deck (BBC of course)when I was a lad of 8-9. Get em started early, thats what I say.
Have a good one,
SKEEP

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 10:23 AM
Spectra,
Just a thought....We are all trying to have a good time in here, and a friendly ribbing never hurt anyone. Just trying to get pumped for the season, don't need anyone telling me "just a waste of time." Free country and all. You live out west? Maybe we'll meet on the water!
Have a good one,
SKEEP

spectras only
04-26-2001, 10:38 AM
Yes, I live out west,the only problem that's I'm 1500 miles north. I'd like to make the all boats regatta this year if my workload allows.And if I can make it, the biggest problem ,how to tow two boats at once,hehe.

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 10:42 AM
Spectra,
Where out west? Oregon, Washington? Or Nor-Cal? If nor-cal do you frequent the delta? Is your Spectra in the last Hot Boat with the Spectra Layout? Did you see it?
Later,
SKEEP

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 10:45 AM
Hey CAS,
Sonoma huh, that's where I grew up. Are you a Sprague? Inskeep here
later,
SKEEP

spectras only
04-26-2001, 11:01 AM
I live in Vancouver Canada with the abundance of water around for boating.Too bad our wheather isn't like yours, but at least gives us time to tinker with boats in the winter months.My 20 foot boat can be seen in the September issue of Hot Boats shop tour by Brian Davidson,at www.californiamarine.com (http://www.californiamarine.com) and www.spectramarine.com. (http://www.spectramarine.com.) By the way you can browse at the californiamarine site at the boats of the seventies and eighties that we had around.

Slick
04-26-2001, 01:11 PM
Skeep,
Glad to hear you know the difference between having a good time and being stupid. I've been going to the river for 15 years now and seen too many stupid people. I don't know if we're going to make it up Memorial or not. Wife's 6mos Pregnant and don't know is she'll be able to deal with the heat. Boat won't be done anyway. However, I don't mind goin up and just hang'n out. If I don't go, do me a favor, Have bloody Mary at fox's for me. Some of the best around.
Slick

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Spectra,
Nice ride! I have always liked Spectra's. B.C. eh! cccccooooolllllddddd water. I think I would freez! I am trying to get a few good pics of my boat for perousal.
L8,
SKEEP

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 01:17 PM
Slick,
Are you in AZ or CA? Cathy does make a bitchin' bloody buddie. I may even have two for you. Good luck with your child, he/she better be at the river next year!!!
L8
SKEEP

spectras only
04-26-2001, 01:27 PM
Yeah, the Georgia Straight only warm enough from july till september, but I spend more time at Lake Okanagan and Skaha which is nice and warm in the summer.Lake Okanagan is a big lake [50 miles long] and accomodates some big offshore types as well.Arnold Shwarznagger has a hydeaway there too.Haven't seen his boat yet.If you californians want to have a nice time, you gotta bring your boats up here.The exchange rate alone would make it worthwhile let alone the scenery.There are excellent winery's all over the lake area.

Slick
04-26-2001, 03:59 PM
Skeep,
I live in north Phoenix. It's funny, not that many people from the valley go to the river. They all hang out at the cove on Lake Pleasant. Are you going to the drags out at Firebird? I might go out saturday. My mechanic (Jett Performance Marine) is running his boat Jett Bayou II. Thanks for the kind words. The little bugger is due late August. It's a girl. I imagine she'll love it as much as our 6yro does. I'm pretty sure it's the same Cathy I'm thinking of, she used to manage Windmill Resort where I stay.

skeepwerkzaz
04-26-2001, 04:38 PM
Slick,
This weekend is going to be the first one out for my bro's Daytona. Blowermotor new this season, last year it was a t-ram. He is driving out fron Sad Diego to let me go over it and do the break-in. He is scared to! I am an airplane mechanic by trade, and the mystery of starting $10,000+ engines for the first time is non-existent! Do you know Sam fron Jett? Anyway the answer is know about the races, we are going to try and make our own!!!!!
SKEEP

spectras only
04-26-2001, 09:05 PM
I'm sure you guys ventured around RJB before it sank,and maybe you saw this site already[www.gas-turbines.com/allison.htm].Skeep ,since your into aeroplanes you'll appreciate this site.Maybe you should start a project like the allison small block,eh.

skeepwerkzaz
04-27-2001, 12:37 AM
If I were to start a project such as this it woud need to be somethig off the hook. The Allison 250 puts out right around 400 hp,
the real allison to use is the one that they put on the c130 or the p3 orion. This engine can be continuously operated with the output shaft spinning right around 4000 hp
Now that would be a roostertail!
skeep

Slick
04-27-2001, 06:32 AM
Skeep,
I've only met Dan. Never actually done any work for me yet. I decided to use them from a few referals and a buddy of mine used to use him 8 or 9 years ago. He's going to do the pump and carb work and turn the engine over. Been sitting for a few years. I'm about as handy as tits on a Tom Cat. I also got lucky because he's only a few miles from the house. It'll be very convenient versus dragging the boat down to Dry Doc. Is your brother bringing his tunnel here or are you meeting at the river? Good luck regardless. It's always fun breaking in new toys. Can't wait to get mine wet.
Slick

Squirtcha?
04-27-2001, 07:01 AM
Skeep is it?
Well I'm gonna be at Havasu for Memorial Day weekend. I'm running a 1976 big blue oval 460. It's built with all the best stuff. Stock pistons, rods, heads, and has been dyno'd at just shy of 300 horsepower. If ya got the guts and think you can run 62 mph, bring it on brother. That's right, you read it right, 62 mph. I'll be a waitin for ya! Boat's name is Squirtcha? (you'll be able to read it on the transom as I pass ya)

Slick
04-27-2001, 08:00 AM
Hey, Squirtcha
62mph is a very respectable # for a 20-21' stock or lightly modified jet. My 21' open bow tank will run just shy of 60 with four people and fuel cells half full(that's 24 Gal). You might want to keep that FoMoCo on the trailer until you can come up with some better #'s if your gonna brag like that. However, if your big block is putting out less than 300 horse (is it sick or something) and running 60+, you've got a fast hull.
Slick
[This message has been edited by Slick (edited April 27, 2001).]

mister460
04-27-2001, 11:11 AM
Hey Spectra! I'm originally from Bellingham, Washington. My parents have a bed and breakfast there(I moved out and joined the Marines!) It's called A Secret Garden B&B. If you ever head down south of the border(Lake Whatcom's a decent size, 13 miles long I think) I could set you up with a deal. It's an awesome place, you should check it out! Oh yeah, one final thing. Fords are the original and the best, no questions. Unless you fix motors for a living. Then Chev's are your friend!!;-)

spectras only
04-27-2001, 11:44 AM
Mister, Lake Whatcom is an awsome place.We go there occasionally,Dave [californiamarine] used to take all his Catalina boats for testdrive there in the seventies and eigthies.Great lunchramp and free as well.Beautiful homes lining the shores all along.A bit small for running all day.You hit the throttle hard and your at the and of the lake fast.That's why I got the 24 Spectra , so I can cruise the Gulf Islands and the Georgia Straight and you're never at the same place.I enjoy my 20 footer to go to Pitt Lake that's about 15 miles long and I can reach it in 1/2 hour from my house.If you make it up here, look me up and I give you a scenic ride.By the way I'm totally unbiased about engines,cars and motorcyles.Used to be picky about women when I was younger but I'm married now and have an 11 year old son who's keen about boats [future boater,hehe]
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited April 27, 2001).]

squirt
04-27-2001, 02:19 PM
Hey spectra I too once had a 1970 LS6, it was in 1977 and I stuck it in a 1967 GTO. I'm still washing out those shorts. Now adays I'm playing with an L88 for da jet

spectras only
04-27-2001, 02:45 PM
My buddy just sold his 1970 Chevelle LS-6 on e-bay for 42.000 $CDN .He had 150 calls on it,and the second caller bought it.It was absolutely mint.He could have got more for it if he waited ,but the car only cost him 23.000,and he didn't want to loose the sure buyer. Your L88 is a sweet engine,perfect for a squirt to get quick RPM's.A good buddy of mine had a 67 vette with a 427 that he swapped in and out of his 20 Howard while he restored the car.He had a two speed lenco tranny and v-drive.The boat did an easy 70MPH with that setup.We didn't have GPS back then,so it's a ballpark figure only.A sober reminder about boating and drinking; my buddy died doing what he liked best,having a few beer he went out on a midnight cruise with one of his buddy and hit one of those ski platforms that used to be commonplace in the lakes around here.He hit his had on the steering wheel and passed out while the boat was sinking.He's buddy managed to get to shore and he went down like a true captain with his ship.It was a waste, because he lived in boat heaven in Penticton with all the toys one could dream about.One more about L88's, I remember a ride in a 19 pickle fork hydro with an L88 and that was heart stopping compare to my deep freeboarded spectra.

skeepwerkzaz
04-27-2001, 02:47 PM
Squirtcha,
I remember your ride from Hot boat, I remember being impressed, it's a real looker.
I am sorry though, but mine is going to be a real monster. A long time school mate of mine bought a machine shop in Nor-cal a few years ago called TEM. They have since gotten a real big reputation for top of the line racing motors (mostly pontiacs, but also chevys) He is the one that did my head work, machine work and cam selection. When it is jetted and tuned I'll be expecting a little over 600 horses. If your 62 mph is a real number, then my boat would have to break down to lose a race, but it would be fun anyway! I may just drive up the road to havasu and look for the nice orange and yellow "squirtcha" My boat is dark blue and orange and is named "squirt-gun"
SKEEP

skeepwerkzaz
04-27-2001, 02:55 PM
Slick,
My bro is coming out here, we are either going to bartlett or sahuaro. We are gonna pull the dawn-patrol either way so we can be on the water as the sun is rising. We are going to break it in on the water. If you ever need help with your ride, let me know. I am an aircract mechanic, ase certified etc. I built my ride from the ground up. Paint,wiring,rigging, etc. I also assembled my engine, fuel system,interior. I also have enough time on weekends for side-work, and I don't cost nearly what dry-dock does.
SKEEP

77charger
04-27-2001, 08:04 PM
I'm a chevy person but do have a blue oval in my boat 1970 429.11.5-1 motor babe erson cam performer rpm,holley,headers.It has surprised me and convinced me that SOMEFORDS can run with the bbcs.boat will do an honest 70mph.might not be a total racer buy not bad for a jet.

Squirtcha?
04-27-2001, 10:08 PM
Geez common guys it's a joke. Like 62 is something to brag on. Re-read the post like it's supposed to be funny. Try it again common you'll get it I'm sure. What do ya think a stock 460 is pushing horsepower wise. More than 300? I'd be surprised. Plus mine is so old and tired it probably doesn't have the ponies that it did when it was new. COMMON IT WAS A J0KE!

Rivertoys_com
04-27-2001, 11:21 PM
I have a 460 in my 18' Hawaiian with Kieth Black forged pistons, solid lifters, roller rockers, etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda. I thought the 460 was the only draw-back when I bought the boat. When I had to rebuild it last spring, my dad suggested what he called a "Ford Performace Package upgrade - 454 Chevy". I chose to work with what I had and still would love to have a bb chevy, but for now I pushing hard into the mid-to-upper 60 mph range (66 on gps two years ago - before the rebuild w/ 97 degree heat, two adult males, full cooler, 3/4 tank of gas and my boat holds 46 gallons). So I say, Chevy's forever - unless all you have is Ford! BUT I pull my boat with a CHEVY! ;-)

Cas42
04-28-2001, 06:19 AM
well, at least you put your Ford right where it belongs, behind a Chevy.
Anyway, I've never owned a Ford product, doubt I ever will too. When I was looking to buy a boat, if it had a Ford, I wouldn't take a 2nd look.
My previous boat had an Olds/Berkeley package in an 18' Tahiti mold. It was a very strong motor from day 1, never had a stock or mild Ford beat it. Being the Chevy guy that I am, I always wanted to have a BBC so when I sold that old Tahiti I knew in my heart the next boat I got would have a Chev.
12 years later, I finally got it and ya know what? Ford, Chevy, Olds or whatever else, it makes no difference, money and more money is going to be spent "fixing" it.
Squirtcha, wanna race?

Squirtcha?
04-28-2001, 08:49 AM
Sorry for the late response. I was out in the garage working on the boat. Sure thing Cas any time.

INFINITEJJ
04-28-2001, 02:46 PM
Squirtcha?, I got it the first time around and thought it was great. I'm in the same boat as you. (old, tired and loose) Kinda sounds like a wife joke, but the old gal still looks pretty good and she goes about 60 mph.

Squirtcha?
04-28-2001, 08:05 PM
Yes. I am vindicated. Thanks InfiniteJJ for getting that little tongue in cheek bit of humor. I thought it was wasted for a minute there. I reckon you'd have to know my warped sense of humor (or have one of your own) in order to pick up on it.
Cheers and roooooosters away!

skeepwerkzaz
04-28-2001, 10:39 PM
Squirtcha,
I get it. Sort of like taking out a personal ad........ SWM,5'2" 275 lbs, hairy, lives with parents, enjoys comic books.
Love to meet up with you sometime and shoot the breeze in person, Maybe in Havasu. Slick, took the daytona to the Lake today (sat) had a great time until we got into boost @ around 90 and blew the blower off the manifold!!!! pulled the studs right out. Ouch!
SKEEP

ChetCapoli
04-29-2001, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz:
Squirtcha,
I get it. Sort of like taking out a personal ad........ SWM,5'2" 275 lbs, hairy, lives with parents, enjoys comic books.
Love to meet up with you sometime and shoot the breeze in person, Maybe in Havasu. Slick, took the daytona to the Lake today (sat) had a great time until we got into boost @ around 90 and blew the blower off the manifold!!!! pulled the studs right out. Ouch!
SKEEP
Hey skeep, question for you. What happened at that speed? Did the motor keep running and the boat settled to a stop or???
chet

Squirtcha?
04-29-2001, 05:56 AM
Hey Skeep
Sorry to hear about the blower trying to get away from you. Hope you had that bad boy strapped down. Also hope the damage wasn't too severe. What lake did ya go to? We went to FireBird Lake yesterday for the races and headed to Bartlett today.

spectras only
04-29-2001, 11:14 AM
Hey Skeep, you should have had borrowed a couple of leather straps from those 1937 328 BMW's to hold your blower on hehe.Sorry dude ,it's a bummer what happened!

spectras only
04-29-2001, 11:15 AM
Hey Skeep, you should have had borrowed a couple of leather straps from those 1937 328 BMW's to hold your blower on hehe.Sorry dude ,it's a bummer what happened!

spectras only
04-29-2001, 11:26 AM
Skeep, I hope you borrowed some MG hood leather straps at least,to keep your blower inside the boat, hehe.Sorry dude,it's a bad thing to ruin a nice day.What happened, your pupoff valve stuck?

spectras only
04-29-2001, 11:26 AM
Skeep, I hope you borrowed some MG hood leather straps at least,to keep your blower inside the boat, hehe.Sorry dude,it's a bad thing to ruin a nice day.What happened, your pupoff valve stuck?

skeepwerkzaz
04-29-2001, 11:34 AM
Well here is the story......
Got to Sahuaro @ 6:00am sat. Put in, fired the motor and it would run up to 2 grand and then crap out.. troubleshot the MSD box. As the boost increased the lame box couldn't fire the plugs. So we yanked the 6AL, drove th Mesa and warrantied it at Checker, put it in and were golden. Around 1:00pm we were under way again, drove across the lake at around 3500-4000 rpm to break the motor in and then went up the chute toward the dam. Found some clear water and decided to give her the spurs. About 7-8 seconds in to our speed-run massive BOOM CLANK etc. and the motor stopped, we coasted to a stop and flooded the bilge and sponsons. I thought the blower sneezed, or sheared the snout cuz when I looked back, the belt was slack. We pulled the seats out of our sphincters and found that all of the studs were pulled out of the manifold, i.e. the blower was no-longer attached to the engine, and squirtcha, the only thing holding it on was the belt. A bag/restraint of some sort is definately in the future. We haven't gotten into it yet to see if we sucked up a slug or two of water, but we'll keep our fingers crossed. I'll keep you informed as to the outcome.
SKEEP

MellowYelloW
04-29-2001, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, quick question...I am 24yrs old and like you skeep started with mom and dad back in the early days, any way finally got my own boat (1980 rogers BBC w/ 12jg, place diverter and ride plate) any way was wondering is there a limit on how loud your boat can be on the river, i have bassets and the baffles i have, i was told that they kill like 30% of my power. any help would be great. I too stay in parker when at the river we have a place at RIVERLAND my boat will not be out memoral day but two weeks later..june 15,16,&17, feel free to come down and hit me up. always up for a nice little run. boat is yellow brown and white.
take care and hope to hear back.
thanks
brian

Squirtcha?
04-29-2001, 09:57 PM
85 decibels. For some reason it's not enforced. I've seen (and own) open headers. I've run right next to the Sheriffs dept. boat, (today in fact) and Game and Fish and never got a ticket or even stopped. I thought for the longest time we had no noise restrictions. One day I found the statute on Game and Fish website if I'm not mistaken.

Slick
04-30-2001, 06:28 AM
Hey guys,
Wow, I sure missed a lot over the weekend. Hey, Squirtcha, if I didn't read your post the way it was supposed to, I apologize. Had a bad week or so at work and kind of left me sense of humor at the door. Went back to read it and it was pretty funny. What I wrote in responce makes me sound like even more of an ass than yours did. Ha Ha. Skeep, real sorry to hear about your brother's boat. Good thing for the strap. That would be a real bummer to have lost the blower out the back of the boat or worse to have somebody's head taken off.
Mr. Mellow, if there's a sound ordinance, I've never heard of it being enforced on the river. Know a guy with a 28' Warrior w/twin 900hp somethings. It's real loud and I know he's never been cited.
Well, didn't get a thing done on the boat this weekend. Wife gave me *&*^ about helping her with garage sale. Oh, well. It'll get done. Still hoping to get to cuttin' next weekend.
Congratulations to Skeep for bringing out the best and worst in us and starting a fun post.
Slick

spectras only
04-30-2001, 09:13 AM
Mellow, it's 85 DB at 50 feet.I haven't seen it enforced yet,but I read it in boating mags,that they even outlaw the captain's choice system in favour of an automatic system.You know how governments work,it won't be long before they endorse some law for a muffling device for us.Get a header if you want power ,but put it through the transom and below waterline at idle speed.

Squirtcha?
04-30-2001, 04:02 PM
Righteo Spectras only. Kinda left out some important information there didn't I? 85 db @ 50 ft. Don't sweat the small stuff Slick. Been there and done all that. My company just laid off 450 people last week. YEEEEEOW. That hurts. Even my boss (classic good guy, and workaholic) got the ax. Man that's tooooooo close to home. Kinda makes me glad I relinquished my management position last year. They're always the ones to get it first, it seems. Safe for now (knocking on woodgrain formica). Anyhow we're cool.
Roooooosters Awaaaaaay
Cheers
Squirtcha?

Timer
04-30-2001, 04:40 PM
MellowYelloW, I just bought some Bassett inserts he calls hypos which have steel wool in them. He said that very little power is lost. He's coming out with some new kind in about a month that will have some device in them that will open up at higher rpm's, but he thought the ones available now would be best for my application (v-drive). By the way, they wouldn't go in all the way with the bolt hole at the bottom, but rotated 90 degrees they would, so I drilled a new hole in each one. Guess my old headers aren't round or something.

Timer
04-30-2001, 04:40 PM
MellowYelloW, I just bought some Bassett inserts he calls hypos which have steel wool in them. He said that very little power is lost. He's coming out with some new kind in about a month that will have some device in them that will open up at higher rpm's, but he thought the ones available now would be best for my application (v-drive). By the way, they wouldn't go in all the way with the bolt hole at the bottom, but rotated 90 degrees they would, so I drilled a new hole in each one. Guess my old headers aren't round or something.

Timer
04-30-2001, 04:43 PM
Oooops! Sorry about the twitchy mouse finger and the wrong face guy.

jroos
04-30-2001, 05:21 PM
I`m convinced with Ford power. Don`t spend so much time turnin` wrenches now. Chevy was always the cheapest to build and had a much larger selection of aftermarket parts. But I dared to be different and it paid off with FREE TIME!

MellowYelloW
04-30-2001, 09:30 PM
thanks alot for the info guys...i dont think i will run the baffles on the river but i will probably bring them with me. hope to see you guys out there. hey any one interested in starting a parker strip boat club? if so e-mail me at nosymp4u@aol.com
name is Brian.
take care hope to hear from you guys soon!

INFINITEJJ
05-01-2001, 04:44 PM
This topic has seemed to light a fire under everybodies *$$. I can't wait to get online before and/or after work to see what's up. It's all good reading , great information, excelent friendships and superior fun. Keep it up!!
JON

froggystyle
05-22-2001, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by INFINITEJJ:
This topic has seemed to light a fire under everybodies *$$. I can't wait to get online before and/or after work to see what's up. It's all good reading , great information, excelent friendships and superior fun. Keep it up!!
JON
All in good fun. The best thing about the big blue ovals, is at least Ford had the sense to circle the main problem!! hee hee Hope to see you all at Parker this year, I'll be the guy in the black 19' blown Daytona trying to break 108 at 7:00 in the morning! I just hope that all goes well, and I don't tow home a hull full of swap-meet goodies. If you see the boat, flag me down, I would love to meet you guys.

froggystyle
06-10-2001, 11:01 AM
Well in any one is still looking at this post, we ran 108 on the gun (downriver) on Friday morning, no problems. Friday afternoon when Skeep showed up we started it to take a quick cruise because it was running sooooooo good and sucked two valves on the launch ramp. Go figure. Anyway, new valves, springs, retainers, pushrods, rockerarms and seals later, it works great and ran another 108 on the gun this Friday at San Vicente here in San Diego (shhhhhhh) don't tell the Po Po. (the lake was closing and no one was out)