PDA

View Full Version : Havasu on Saturday

hot_diggity_dog
09-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Just a little report for Saturday! The crowds where really less than expected. Launched at Windsor at 8:00am and expected to see long lines and to my surprise, no lines and I pulled right in with about 4-5 boats in front of me. They never really got full and eventully closed the ramp around 1:30pm. The marina was about normal. Site six was steady all day but not crowded.
Ran down the the dam with Lavey Bob and it was freaky. We only passed about 6-7 boats the entire way down. Inside the restraunt there were more empty tables then full. How many times have you gone the the Springs on a Saturday and see it like that.
Ran to Steamboat and there where afew spots still on the beach and only about 15 boats anchored.
As alway's the Channel was packed and traffic was steady and heavy all through the evening.
Crowds where under control and lots of thongs and Pasties for your viewing.
So I just wanted to thank all of you who stayed home and made the lake less crowded.
Lots of good pictures where taken on day #1 :D :D :D
Back to the Water
HDD :D

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 06:46 AM
Always glad to do my part on the big weekends!

FRENCHIE
09-05-2004, 07:24 AM
love the update!!! ;)

Boatcop
09-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Traffic not nearly what you'd expect on a summer 3-day. Both Sandbars (Lower and Upper) had a lot of boats, but the River wasn't too bad.
The peeps that are here are keepiing it real, arrests are way down from previous years, with no major incidents on land or water.
Where is everyone? Did the threat of winds and gas prices keep everyone at home, or is the NASCAR race in Fontucky keeping the River crowds down? :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-05-2004, 10:24 AM
we are here for a while.. But we are headin to the races..
it is great news that arrests are down..with no accidents.. I hope everyone is safe on the water ..
;)

Kim Hanson
09-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Where are the pictures buddy :cry: ............( . )( . )..........

Havasu Hangin'
09-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Where is everyone?
I heard Riverdave was going to be there...so I passed. :hammerhea

cc322
09-05-2004, 11:01 AM
It was all my pleasure........really it was :supp:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2004, 11:15 AM
<snip>... is the NASCAR race in Fontucky keeping the River crowds down? :confused:
I suspect that certainly has some impact on it. Glad to hear the peeps there are "behaving".

CARRERA
09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Show me the pictures................... :rollside:

Kim Hanson
09-05-2004, 01:14 PM
HEY IT WAS NICE SEEING YOU GLENN,we went up to topic for lunch and headed to steamboat and blew a drive so we were done for the weekend :squiggle:
That sucks buddy, big bucks or what?........( . )( . )......... :eek:

boatlessd
09-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Man, and I stayed home because I didn't want to deal with the crowds.
:cry:
Thanks for the update and bring home the pictures. :D

djunkie
09-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Well thats good to hear since I'm leaving for there in a couple hours. Hopefully it will be nice tomorrow.

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Traffic not nearly what you'd expect on a summer 3-day. Both Sandbars (Lower and Upper) had a lot of boats, but the River wasn't too bad.
The peeps that are here are keepiing it real, arrests are way down from previous years, with no major incidents on land or water.
Where is everyone? Did the threat of winds and gas prices keep everyone at home, or is the NASCAR race in Fontucky keeping the River crowds down? :confused:
I left this morning (thought you were gonna tell me to go home anyway. (J/K had a wedding to go to today) Lower sandbar was packed yesterday in Parker bot the main body of water was not that crowded

hot_diggity_dog
09-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Where are the pictures buddy :cry: ............( . )( . )..........
Kim I'm still taking them for ya! :rollside:
HDD :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
09-05-2004, 07:27 PM
HEY IT WAS NICE SEEING YOU GLENN,we went up to topic for lunch and headed to steamboat and blew a drive so we were done for the weekend :squiggle:
That sucks Mark! :hammer2: Good to see ya for the short time too. :D :D
HDD :D

Boatcop
09-05-2004, 07:41 PM
I left this morning (thought you were gonna tell me to go home anyway. (J/K had a wedding to go to today) Lower sandbar was packed yesterday in Parker bot the main body of water was not that crowded
Yours??? :D
With the traffic as light as it was, I don't really think the 42' was that unreasonable this weekend.
I thought you were headed for the Lake when I passed you this morning. From what I hear it was light up there today, too.
Thanks again for the delivery. Have Donnie send the MSO directly to me, and I'll handle the rest.
Good to see you again. Don't make it your last trip, just 'cause the summer is "officially" over. Fall, Winter and Spring are the best times to open up the Big Guns here on the strip. No Lake Lice, and it scares the hell out of the snowbirds. :rolleyes:

ORSpectra20
09-05-2004, 07:51 PM
The boat has to run before I can play. Hope your all havin fun!! Lets see the pics.....

PHOTOGLOU
09-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Yours??? :D
With the traffic as light as it was, I don't really think the 42' was that unreasonable this weekend.
I thought you were headed for the Lake when I passed you this morning. From what I hear it was light up there today, too.
Thanks again for the delivery. Have Donnie send the MSO directly to me, and I'll handle the rest.
Good to see you again. Don't make it your last trip, just 'cause the summer is "officially" over. Fall, Winter and Spring are the best times to open up the Big Guns here on the strip. No Lake Lice, and it scares the hell out of the snowbirds. :rolleyes:LOL OK but your driving!!!!!
P.S. Donnie will send it out when they recieve it.

Wakker
09-05-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm heading for Parker in a few hours, glad to hear traffic isn't too bad I was worried about the boat not handling the water conditions but feel a little better now :D

ratso
09-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Traffic on a couple of lakes we went to was down also. Lake Waco looked like a slow weekend and yesterday we went up the river at Whitney. There were a handful of fast boats, Liberator, HydroStreams, Allisons, etc. Marty Logan and his crew showed up in a Talon with 3 2.5 Mercs on it...nice meeting them...

Hallett19
09-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Was the sandbar and copper canyon open this weekend ????

Party Cat
09-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Was the sandbar and copper canyon open this weekend ????
The sandbar was closed on Sunday, I dunno about copper canyon.....around 6 or so...the channel was shut down too....
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/PICT1426.jpg
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/PICT1427.jpg

Hallett19
09-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Dude, it looks hazy in the channel ? I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it wasnt scattered clouds settling in through the chanell.... :D Havasu is a total loss, remember when you could go in the channel and hang out ALL day no problem. What a shame. The only time its fun to go is on off weekends or specialized parties, like OP6.

Party Cat
09-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Dude, it looks hazy in the channel ? I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it wasnt scattered clouds settling in through the chanell.... :D Havasu is a total loss, remember when you could go in the channel and hang out ALL day no problem. What a shame. The only time its fun to go is on off weekends or specialized parties, like OP6.
Aaron...Saturday was fine...this was a little after 5pm on Saturday...
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/PICT1275.jpg
at 11:30 on Sunday...it was already at 'Moderate'
http://www.irnoyfb.com/images/PICT1302.jpg