PDA

View Full Version : What can you do to my truck...

Froggystyle
09-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I am trying to figure out how this conversation must go between a truck modification place and a client out here in East County San Diego. Probably similar conversations going on all along the inland empire though. I think it would go something like this...
Dude: Hey, this may not all be possible, but it is worth asking anyway. What can you do to my truck to make it less valuable, handle poorly, lose utility, make me more visible to cops and increase my chance of getting a ticket, cost me a bunch of money for benefits I will never be able to use, and make my truck look really bad. Oh, and I am on a budget.
Shop: Funny you should ask this. You are the sixth person today. I have just the ticket for you.
Dude: I am listening...
Shop: OK, first, we will only do half a lift. The front end should go up at least six inches. This helps reduce your vision of the road, and gives you that all important "Santee Squat" look.
Dude: Killer brah! What else do you have...
Shop: Well, once you do this there are a bunch of things we recommend. First off, your back end is going to need to go down a little. The problem is, you will hit your tires, so we will need to take a high-lift jack to your rear fenders. That will bow them out. Then, in order to clear the King remote reservoir long travel shocks you got off e-bay, we will need to build you a hooptie cage for your shock towers, which will require cutting out your bed. You don't plan on ever driving this off road, do you?
Dude: No way man, this is strictly for dirt roads. I got a two wheel drive for that reason.
Shop: Good, that will help a lot. The other thing is, with no bed in your truck, you can lose a little weight, because that is really a big deal in trucks like this. We can take off your tailgate too if you want.
Dude: Killer. What about a spare? Doesn't it mount under the bed?
Shop: Yeah, but with the rear end lowered, it would hit the tire so we need to put it on a bracket in what is left of your bed. This should keep you from having to help your freinds move too.
Dude: Awesome. Keep talking...
Shop: Next, to really screw up the value of the truck, we are going to take off your front fenders which match and fit perfectly and put some shoddy fiberglass wide fenders on. Also, we aren't going to paint them as that looks finished and costs money. Since these fenders don't fit well, we are going to have to take out some support and inner fender wells, which helps your engine get covered in mud if you ever do go anywhere. Then of course, we will remove your hood springs and latch and add some Kragen pins in it's place... again for weight reasons.
Dude: This is going to be so cool! What next?
Shop: Obviously, you will need to remove your front bumper and put a poorly welded bar in it's place with a piece of 1/4" aluminum as a skid plate. This won't really matter much, as you will never take it off, but it will give you an awesome place to put a Metal Mullisha sticker. Make sure you drill lightening holes in it later, without a jig.
Dude: No problem, my freind has a holesaw.
Shop: That will work. With the front and rear bumpers gone, and the tailgate history you will need to still put your liscense plate somewhere. We have a couple suggestions. You can either duct tape it to your back window, which is popular, or you can zip-tie it to your new pipe bumper.
Dude: Let's do the zip ties. I just got some blue ones from Home Depot.
Shop: You are nearly there! You are going to need to paint your back axle a contrasting color. Don't clean it or anything, just paint it red or something. People will think it is a Rancho axle then. To complete the look, you are really going to want to think about some primered body parts too. I recommend some spots on the rear quarterpanels.
Dude: Yeah, lets to that. What about exhaust?
Shop: We usually just cut off the exhaust past the cat. This really helps get the cops attention, and loses the weight also. You can always do this later though.
Dude: Naw, we might as well do it now while it is in the shop. Just go ahead and knock it out.
Shop: Well, if you are going to do all this work, we will throw in the full window width "Skin" sticker for you. This will look really good with the Metal Mullisha sticker. If you want to go ahead and add some used wheels and tires, we will include some black socks as well to go with your red Dickies shorts.
Dude: Sweet! Everything is coming together. I can't wait!
Shop: Just drop it off on Monday, we should be done by lunch. Oh, bring some Krylon for the axle.
Dude: Will do, see you then!
Is it just me, or do these trucks look as stupid to the rest of you? I just want to tell these idiots driving them with the hat on crooked, and the star tattoos on the chest "Yeah dude... you are unique... just like everyone else"

BIGTYME
09-05-2004, 03:33 PM
wow, you hit the nail on the head! I have lived in east county for a long time and think some of these trucks are hilarious!!!! The new thing is to have the width of your truck in the front about 15ft. Some of these " pre runner " guys need to realize that most off road trucks have more travel in the back than the front- Instead they just widen the front about 10" per side and lower the back and top it off by curling up the bill of their hat! The OG East County Starter kit!

andy01
09-05-2004, 03:33 PM
You have got way to much time on your hands if you wrote that! But if you did it's good and true. I see those jackass's with the truck with the muffler cut off and shit all over the truck and they think it's a race truck. I couldn't tell you how many times I have been next to one of these guys only to have them try and race me. My shitty ole brick stock 2500hd Crew Cab looks like a race truck, right? Of course knowing me you know I would race everyone of them and bet everyone of them. Then at the next light they turn there hat even more sideways and want to act like a tuff guy, I actually told a guy one time when my windows were down and they were staring me down, "I can't help it your trucks slow and you wanted to race" Of course all four of them then wanted to "**** you ya dick". I laughed knowing not to take on the four yahos myself and drove away. But man it's true these trucks, they are junk.
Andy

andy01
09-05-2004, 03:37 PM
wow, you hit the nail on the head! I have lived in east county for a long time and think some of these trucks are hilarious!!!! The new thing is to have the width of your truck in the front about 15ft. Some of these " pre runner " guys need to realize that most off road trucks have more travel in the back than the front- Instead they just widen the front about 10" per side and lower the back and top it off by curling up the bill of their hat! The OG East County Starter kit!
You know on alot of the Ford's (I think 90's) when they lift them and widen the front like that if they back up the front will camber the tires out so far that it brings the truck down to the stoppers and then drags the tires.
Andy

Kilrtoy
09-05-2004, 03:55 PM
OH yeah they look dumb ass hell, I agree DUDE... :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2004, 03:58 PM
LMAO, I've made the same observations myself. :D
Lifted street trucks are stupid anyway. :hammerhea How to make your pick-up truck useless in one easy step. :D

Cheetin Brad
09-05-2004, 04:08 PM
That is some funny s h i t. Grasspay$ and I were in El Cajon and made the same observation every time we were there and eventually reffered to trucks like that as "EL Cajon style".

Misogynist
09-05-2004, 04:29 PM
You guys are closer to Glammis.... but I see the same stupid sh!t here in Los Angeles..... grrrrrrr.......... :hammerhea I especially like the observation about the hat.... first it's the hat... then the jeans with the inseam about the same level as their knees......What is it with today's youth and the ill fitting clothing? The girls all wear pants and tops at least three sizes too small,, some of them have their fat asses poured into the pants with bulges of fat folding over the top... and then a top that is too short to cover the rolls... rediculous... And the guys... shirts big enough for a linebacker to fit into... and pants with the belt line UNDER THEIR ASSES... and the shirt hanging down almost to their knees..... :confused:

NashvilleBound
09-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Only in CA :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rexone
09-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Dude.... that's some funny chit froggy....
I was in 7-11 the other day and this dude walks in with his pants just about fallin off his ass. I was in the store bout 4 minutes and I think he yanked em up bout 12 times while I was there to keep em from fallin completely on the floor. And yeah the inseam was about knee high if that. he didn't have the sideways hat on but i'm sure it was in the toyota beater he was ridin in. I left and was lmao at that. and yeah he had a size 10 chick with him wearin size6 pants with the roll thing goin over the top. funny chit. :hammerhea

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Mike, I'm blown away that a sophisticate such as yourself would go into 7-11. :confused:
Why not just send in the transvestite prostitute that's with you? :D

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 05:23 PM
check out this one we launched at the same time ...
It would be great to back my Nissan Maxima and baby Glastron down the ramp beside that. :D

Rexone
09-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Mike, I'm blown away that a sophisticate such as yourself would go into 7-11.
Why not just send in the transvestite prostitute that's with you?
Tom I hang out at 7-11 just for the entertainment value. :D It is a circus and you don't have to buy a ticket.

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2004, 05:29 PM
check out this one we launched at the same time ,he a HTM 24'
I'm suprised he doesn't own a Water Rod. :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Tom I hang out at 7-11 just for the entertainment value. :D
I must confess, I've sucked down a few garbage can sized 7-11 drinks in my day. :cool:
It's nice to be able to buy soda in a container that has more displacement than my outboard engine.

andy01
09-05-2004, 05:43 PM
check out this one we launched at the same time ,he a HTM 24'
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5570
I must admit I like that truck and trucks like that. I don't know that I could ever do that to a truck because I use it for some many different things. But I am considering lifting my new 4x.
Andy

Misogynist
09-05-2004, 05:51 PM
I must admit I like that truck and trucks like that. I don't know that I could ever do that to a truck because I use it for some many different things. But I am considering lifting my new 4x.
Andy
Do you live near El Cajon?............. :hammerhea

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 05:59 PM
I loved the lifted POS that came into our shop one day, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor after they made sharp turns (like in a parking lot). We discovered that they didn't fabricate a good steering stop, so the brake caliper became the stop. I collapsed the piston on sharp turns, rendering the truck without brakes for several pumps :2purples: I love telling people like that "sorry, not warranty. Now pay me!" Idiots! I call them "ya, but they look cool" trucks. :cool: This from a kid who drove a lowered Datsun that was so low I had to go around sewer covers or I would slam into them, seriously. I guess I'm just getting old and crusty like the rest of you.

goeasy8
09-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Everytime I see one of those stupid ass trucks I just cant help but laugh, Ive been at locations where I see the guy getting out of one and I just start laughing right in his dumb ass face. They look at me like im crazy...
That ford a couple posts up looks great. Has it ever even seen dirt?

goeasy8
09-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Theres a truck up the street that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen I wont even describe it but I will get some pics tommorow and post them.
Just think Home made lift kit until then.....

ORSpectra20
09-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I lift all my trucks. they make it easier to look down skirts as they pull up next to you. You guys just have to have some imagination. Also you should buy a truck that the warrenty has expired on before lifting it so you don't have that problem......

voodoomedman
09-05-2004, 07:36 PM
I thought that was a 909/951 thing

ORSpectra20
09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
No, I think it is a Gen X Thing

Misogynist
09-05-2004, 08:36 PM
If you want something that high and with tires that big... why bother buying a truck... just buy a skip loader........ :p

EliminatorJet
09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
I see those frankentrucks every day, there's a whole crew around the corner from my house - I've noticed 90% of them are fords though..

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I see those frankentrucks every day, there's a whole crew around the corner from my house - I've noticed 90% of them are fords though..
It's a conspiracy.... :D

Jetdriver
09-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Im thinking about buying a Ford right now. But the stupid Prerunner look is rediculous. Good thread Wes!

repo man
09-05-2004, 09:23 PM
i agree the trucks that are only lifted in the front are dumb to us but they are kids and they think it's cool. we're getting old and don't relate to the fads of their generation. i just watched a show about studio 54 and laughed my ass of at the gay ass outfits they wore . what did your parents think of your clothes you wore or the car you drove. doesn't it suck to get old!

Froggystyle
09-05-2004, 11:08 PM
I've noticed 90% of them are fords though..
For obvious reasons I might add... ;)

bigerich
09-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Mt biggest problem with most of these trucks, is that they will never see dirt!! I will buy doing the "real deal" if you are seriously into the off road scene. But, otherwise, its pretty lame!!! Who needs King coil overs to go to 7-11 at midnight???

ROZ
09-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Mt biggest problem with most of these trucks, is that they will never see dirt!! I will buy doing the "real deal" if you are seriously into the off road scene. But, otherwise, its pretty lame!!! Who needs King coil overs to go to 7-11 at midnight???
Apparently you've never been to El Cajon... :p
I know a guy who owns a performance shop in la mesa who knows exactly what these guys want before they walk into the store. He keeps enough of the carbon copy parts to do a few a day.

dave186
09-06-2004, 01:24 AM
i think pre runers are cool. around here all we have is a who can fit the biggest tire contest. no body knows what a pre runner is and we have tons of dez to run in. i had a lifted 4x4 before and i hated it. rode like shit and could nt do anything.
who ever said somthing about the 90s f150s with the camber issues, yah its anything with TTB or twin I beams, but they also have tons of suspension travel if you build em right. hell my lowered 95 lightning drops the front end down when i back up. looks like this // \\

honkey1
09-06-2004, 02:33 AM
You forgot about adding after market bright fog lights and half ass installing them without proper adjustment and driving with them on all the time blinding everyone you pass. Then when it is actually foggy outside they have to turn them off because they shine straight up into the fog and they can't see.

Froggystyle
09-06-2004, 11:30 AM
You forgot about adding after market bright fog lights and half ass installing them without proper adjustment and driving with them on all the time blinding everyone you pass. Then when it is actually foggy outside they have to turn them off because they shine straight up into the fog and they can't see.
You are absolutely right. I can't believe I forgot the mismatched lighting system. Two Kragen rectangular fogs on the bottom and somebody's old Pro-Comp 8" lights up on top of the makeshift bumper.

fourspeednup
09-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Holy Penis Extension Batman!
Froggy this post is hilarious! I'm emailing it to an "acquaintance" who thinks the flipped up hat, falling shorts, and black socks thing is the shiznit :rolleyes:

bigerich
09-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Apparently you've never been to El Cajon... :p
I know a guy who owns a performance shop in la mesa who knows exactly what these guys want before they walk into the store. He keeps enough of the carbon copy parts to do a few a day.
No, I haven't, since my Kings are not in yet, as soon as they get here, I'll drive to the El Cajon 7-11 at midnight, hope I can make it!

Froggystyle
09-06-2004, 04:07 PM
My biggest problem is that if you are seriously into the off road scene, there are better vehicles to start with!
These things, to this point have all been a serious joke in my eyes. I have yet to see one I would trust off road further than the average 4x4 Chevy full size. Most I wouldn't trust off a curb with the level of engineering they put into the half-lifts.
Total joke.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 04:09 PM
I saw a truck in Havasu a few weeks ago just like the one pictured on the launch ramp, pulling a piece of shit Sea Doo, Now that was some funny shit..

mike37
09-06-2004, 04:17 PM
I am trying to figure out how this conversation must go between a truck modification place and a client out here in East County San Diego. Probably similar conversations going on all along the inland empire though. I think it would go something like this...
Dude: Hey, this may not all be possible, but it is worth asking anyway. What can you do to my truck to make it less valuable, handle poorly, lose utility, make me more visible to cops and increase my chance of getting a ticket, cost me a bunch of money for benefits I will never be able to use, and make my truck look really bad. Oh, and I am on a budget.
Shop: Funny you should ask this. You are the sixth person today. I have just the ticket for you.
Dude: I am listening...
Shop: OK, first, we will only do half a lift. The front end should go up at least six inches. This helps reduce your vision of the road, and gives you that all important "Santee Squat" look.
Dude: Killer brah! What else do you have...
Shop: Well, once you do this there are a bunch of things we recommend. First off, your back end is going to need to go down a little. The problem is, you will hit your tires, so we will need to take a high-lift jack to your rear fenders. That will bow them out. Then, in order to clear the King remote reservoir long travel shocks you got off e-bay, we will need to build you a hooptie cage for your shock towers, which will require cutting out your bed. You don't plan on ever driving this off road, do you?
Dude: No way man, this is strictly for dirt roads. I got a two wheel drive for that reason.
Shop: Good, that will help a lot. The other thing is, with no bed in your truck, you can lose a little weight, because that is really a big deal in trucks like this. We can take off your tailgate too if you want.
Dude: Killer. What about a spare? Doesn't it mount under the bed?
Shop: Yeah, but with the rear end lowered, it would hit the tire so we need to put it on a bracket in what is left of your bed. This should keep you from having to help your freinds move too.
Dude: Awesome. Keep talking...
Shop: Next, to really screw up the value of the truck, we are going to take off your front fenders which match and fit perfectly and put some shoddy fiberglass wide fenders on. Also, we aren't going to paint them as that looks finished and costs money. Since these fenders don't fit well, we are going to have to take out some support and inner fender wells, which helps your engine get covered in mud if you ever do go anywhere. Then of course, we will remove your hood springs and latch and add some Kragen pins in it's place... again for weight reasons.
Dude: This is going to be so cool! What next?
Shop: Obviously, you will need to remove your front bumper and put a poorly welded bar in it's place with a piece of 1/4" aluminum as a skid plate. This won't really matter much, as you will never take it off, but it will give you an awesome place to put a Metal Mullisha sticker. Make sure you drill lightening holes in it later, without a jig.
Dude: No problem, my freind has a holesaw.
Shop: That will work. With the front and rear bumpers gone, and the tailgate history you will need to still put your liscense plate somewhere. We have a couple suggestions. You can either duct tape it to your back window, which is popular, or you can zip-tie it to your new pipe bumper.
Dude: Let's do the zip ties. I just got some blue ones from Home Depot.
Shop: You are nearly there! You are going to need to paint your back axle a contrasting color. Don't clean it or anything, just paint it red or something. People will think it is a Rancho axle then. To complete the look, you are really going to want to think about some primered body parts too. I recommend some spots on the rear quarterpanels.
Dude: Yeah, lets to that. What about exhaust?
Shop: We usually just cut off the exhaust past the cat. This really helps get the cops attention, and loses the weight also. You can always do this later though.
Dude: Naw, we might as well do it now while it is in the shop. Just go ahead and knock it out.
Shop: Well, if you are going to do all this work, we will throw in the full window width "Skin" sticker for you. This will look really good with the Metal Mullisha sticker. If you want to go ahead and add some used wheels and tires, we will include some black socks as well to go with your red Dickies shorts.
Dude: Sweet! Everything is coming together. I can't wait!
Shop: Just drop it off on Monday, we should be done by lunch. Oh, bring some Krylon for the axle.
Dude: Will do, see you then!
Is it just me, or do these trucks look as stupid to the rest of you? I just want to tell these idiots driving them with the hat on crooked, and the star tattoos on the chest "Yeah dude... you are unique... just like everyone else"
Froggystyl
that is the ****ing funny est thing I have read in a long time
its so true all the dumb ****s think there shit is cool bet any one that has
ever don any serious off roding will laugh there ass off at the stupid shit that thees Little turds do to there trucks that shit will fall apart on a dirt road
shit im still LMAO at your post

77charger
09-06-2004, 04:49 PM
i get a laugh out of them useless 4xs thjat are lifted too high also.Same gos for the wannbe prerunner trucks.IMO you buy a truck to tow and work with.Anything over 4-6 inch lift is useless IMO.But its their money to waste so whos to stop them.
heres more laughter
http://www.bigdumbtrucks.com/

beyondhelpin
09-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Hopfully that shit stays out west. We have enough goffy looking redneck mods out here as it is. BTW can you guys pull the spinners back out there.

MagicMtnDan
09-06-2004, 05:38 PM
If the manufacturers made 'em like these do you think shops would make them look like stock trucks? :umm:
http://www.desertrides.com/market/images/360_kvVRbEpFZk.jpg
http://www.desertrides.com/market/images/373_cmA3vfKEAO.JPG

77charger
09-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Hopfully that shit stays out west. We have enough goffy looking redneck mods out here as it is. BTW can you guys pull the spinners back out there.
they might have the redneck mods but i bet most of them are serious mudboggers(at least i hope so) :D

Misogynist
09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
If the manufacturers made 'em like these do you think shops would make them look like stock trucks? :umm:
Oh yeah... no doubt.... Then the aftermarket guys could boast "How much better handling they are on the street and much easier to park because of the narrower track....... :D

superdave013
09-06-2004, 06:27 PM
don't be baggin on Cylcone's truck! lol

beyondhelpin
09-06-2004, 08:12 PM
There are some pretty cool 4x4 out here. I see a 4x4 club out at Grand Lake sometimes climbing the rocks and walls sometimes. Actually pretty cool.

bigerich
09-06-2004, 08:35 PM
I really don't think any of us would have a problem with the trucks/SUV's that are actually built for off-road, would we?? My dad has a Jeep CJ-7 that is pretty well built for rock crawling, but it is pretty impractical for daily driving, but if you saw it, you would know that it is used for its intended purpose, rockcrawling, as there is not a straight body panel on it. But, the "pre-runners" that have no off road scratches on them, or any real expertise put in to build them are pretty lame, IMHO.

Drunk tank
09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
99% of those people are just posers.... same thing with the ricer crowd. Funny shit is my properly lifted jeep would probably toast 80% of those fools in the desert... and its built for the rocks. Also, the big ass trucks with 24" of lift and 53" michlines... WTF is the purpose??? Cant take a corner for shit... cant tow (at least not much)... cant haul... rides like shit... cant even get in the thing... and DEFINATLY cant go wheelin. If you really want tires that big and wanna be able to drive over anything.... you can build something meant for that rather than polishing a turd (come one... a PS or CTD is NOT a wheelin vehicle). Build something you can TOW behind your truck, wheel the piss out of it, then tow it back home... thats what those trucks are designed for... towing.
THIS is a offroad vehicle
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/3756/DSC02036.jpg
BTW... heres a pic of my whoopty... gonna get some major surgury done this winter... can ya say dana 60 front and dana 70 rear?
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/1079/P9020450.jpg

bigerich
09-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Nice ride Drunk Tank, those rock buggies are pretty sweet, but your Cherokee looks to clean to have seen too much hard core crawling, though the Dana addition will add some much needed strength!!!

Drunk tank
09-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Nice ride Drunk Tank, those rock buggies are pretty sweet, but your Cherokee looks to clean to have seen too much hard core crawling, though the Dana addition will add some much needed strength!!!
HAHAHA
I'll wheel the piss out of it! But I'm all about wheelin with grace and caution... slow and steady gets ya there without big dents (touch up paint does wonders.. doesnt hurt havin abuddy that owns a body shop either). I just took the fender flares off it as they were getting in the way too much... and theres no mud and snow out here in CA (unlike CO). I try not to **** it up cause this is my only vehicle currently... but its seen its fair share of trails. Goin to the hammers on the 17th... therell be alot of pics for that.
http://img43.exs.cx/img43/125/Dscf0331.jpg
http://img43.exs.cx/img43/818/P7210396.jpg

Froggystyle
09-07-2004, 07:31 AM
HAHAHA
Goin to the hammers on the 17th... therell be alot of pics for that.
I've done Sledgehammer and Outer Limits with my old Scout. The upper left picture is taken at High Desert Roundup five years ago up by Victorville in the Johnson Valley. I never got to run Panamint in it, and that is one of my regrets to this day...
Did damn near everything else around here though.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/collage_scout.jpg

superdave013
09-07-2004, 08:03 AM
can't really compare a pre runner to a rock crawler. Those big F350's with the big lifts are the worthless ones. WTF are you gonna do with one of those other then look cool on the street??
But pre runners and rock crawlers are purpose built. I don't think Cyclone's truck would do very well in the slow going rock faces. But I don't think Drunk Tank or Froggy's rigs would do very well in the woops at 80mph either.
My ranger was a pretty good trail truck. Currie 9" front and rear. 4.56 gears, detroit locker in the back with an ARB air locker in the front. soft 4" lift, cut fenders to make room for the 32 X 11.5 BFG mud's. It did ok for a combo truck that would run the desert rocks and mountain trails.
It did not like woops at speed and did not like being jumped.
Hey froggy, here's a vid clip to watch until you get back on the bike.
http://www.fooriders.com/webmain/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=5

billet racing
09-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Seen a guys girlfreind try to get into the raised truck.. Obviously borrowed it to get to work. Had on a short skirt. All us waiting at the light watching. she could not reach the step. finally gave up, hiked the skirt to her waist and climbed in. we all cheered.

Froggystyle
09-07-2004, 08:57 AM
can't really compare a pre runner to a rock crawler. Those big F350's with the big lifts are the worthless ones. WTF are you gonna do with one of those other then look cool on the street??
You don't do anything else. You look good on the street. But, at least they do that really well. My Duramax is an image vehicle. We built it for raising attention for the company, and it does that. Personally, I would rather have a lowered truck than a lifted one, and the next one will be for sure.
Hey froggy, here's a vid clip to watch until you get back on the bike.
http://www.fooriders.com/webmain/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=5
I am back on! I am riding this afternoon. I can't believe how fast I healed up personally. You can't even see scars anymore. I rode on Saturday with Audrey to test the waters and aside from a little soreness on my sprained left wrist, I am good to go.

Racer277
09-07-2004, 09:11 AM
I can say that almost all of these different trucks turn me on.
The home made prerunners, I like to check what the little groms do to the trucks just out of their garages-some are inovative and determined.
The real rock rigs that won't do more than 25mph are just awesome.
The big ass lifted trucks that are a joke. They break t-cases just driving down the freeway, but they still look bitchen.
It's just a different hot rod thing I guess. None of them but a true race truck will stand a chance against a bike in the dez. They are still cool.
Now as for the baggy ass, sidewayz hat, tatoo crowd.
Well when I was a kid we didn't have hair and loud music, and we walked to school up hill both ways... ;)

sintax
09-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Thats a nice looking cherokee man. Glad to see some more XJ guys around. I've been part of SoCalXJ and NAXJA's SoCal chapter for a few years now. If you are looking for a awesome group of guys let me know if you want more info.
Here is my XJ, We wheel all over socal. Big Bear, Calico, Johnson Valley and so on. All of these are posuer pics because I took them all.
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album03/mini_DSC00053.sized.jpg
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album03/mini_DSC00050.sized.jpg
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album05/IM000760.sized.jpg
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album05/IM000762.sized.jpg
-Scott

Froggystyle
09-07-2004, 09:30 AM
If you are looking for a awesome group of guys let me know if you want more info.
Hmmmmm.... sounds a little gay to me. http://www.smileys.ws/sm/erotic/00000005.gif
You guys maybe want to hit the gym first? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-033.gif http://www.smileys.ws/sm/erotic/00000002.gif
As I always said... Jeep owners are fags!
(Just kidding Jeep guys... you gotta admit, the door was wide open on this one!)

sintax
09-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Hmmmmm.... sounds a little gay to me. http://www.smileys.ws/sm/erotic/00000005.gif
You guys maybe want to hit the gym first? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-033.gif http://www.smileys.ws/sm/erotic/00000002.gif
(Just kidding Jeep guys... you gotta admit, the door was wide open on this one!)
yea yea yea, i walked into that one. I guess I'll have to watch what I say on this board. :eat:
I'm still too new.
-Scott

Riverready
09-07-2004, 10:38 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/117291_Toyota-thumb.jpg
Here is my old Toyota witch did make it out to the desert all the time.
So not all those pre-runners you see are burger-runners. Some of those trucks you see will do some amazing things out in the desert.

Riverready
09-07-2004, 10:44 AM
This should be a better pic.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1172re-sized_91_Toyota-med.jpg

Froggystyle
09-07-2004, 11:07 AM
yea yea yea, i walked into that one. I guess I'll have to watch what I say on this board. :eat:
I'm still too new.
-Scott
Oh well... rough crowd here.
Just havin fun with you. Welcome aboard!

Froggystyle
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/117291_Toyota-thumb.jpg
Here is my old Toyota witch did make it out to the desert all the time.
So not all those pre-runners you see are burger-runners. Some of those trucks you see will do some amazing things out in the desert.
But you don't have a metal mullisha, skin or srh sticker. You are not who I am talking about.
In addition, it looks like you painted your parts.
I am not bashing pre-runners. I am bashing hoopties, and the lifestyle that seems to be rewarding them. Whatever happenned to finishing a project?

Racer277
09-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Even if you are bashing, that's ok too..
We're just a bunch of people here shooting the sht.
Don't anyone take it too seriously!
Back in my day it was vw bugs into baja buggies, now it's toyotas and rangers. WTF.
I understand what you are saying about the Skin sticker, baggy drawrs, black socks, flat bill club. Sheesh. Then again, I watched Rock Star movie and thought "what was I thinking?".

ROZ
09-07-2004, 11:57 AM
On my way in to work this morning, I saw a "pre-runner" that had a widened front end . Both the left and right front tires rode ON the lane markings while the body of the truck was dead nutz in the middle of the lane.... Yes Wes, he had a Skin sticker on the front AND back windows :hammerhea :D
EDIT: Forgot to mention that the truck had no bed. Just a hodgepodge of tubing resembling a rear cage and tire mount :D

sintax
09-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh well... rough crowd here.
Just havin fun with you. Welcome aboard!
hah I know that man. I have been lurking around long enough to know that.
I'm just out lookin for a good time. :D
-Scott

ROZ
09-07-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm just out lookin for a good time. :D
-Scott
There ya go leaving yourself open again :D
Welcome :rollside:

superdave013
09-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Ya know what's funny? Back in '87 a friend and I got a bunch of t shirts printed that said "'87 Memorial Weekend, Lake Havasu, AZ" and "Skin to Win" in real big letters. We sold every one of them in Copper Canyon in 2 days. Shoulda kept that skin thing going. Maybe I'd be getting the bank from all of those guys. coulda, shouda, woulda

Drunk tank
09-07-2004, 01:09 PM
I've done Sledgehammer and Outer Limits with my old Scout. The upper left picture is taken at High Desert Roundup five years ago up by Victorville in the Johnson Valley. I never got to run Panamint in it, and that is one of my regrets to this day...
Did damn near everything else around here though.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/collage_scout.jpg
Thats a bad ass scout! I love the old steel! Why on earth did you get rid of it??? (unless of course to build another rig)

Drunk tank
09-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Thats a nice looking cherokee man. Glad to see some more XJ guys around. I've been part of SoCalXJ and NAXJA's SoCal chapter for a few years now. If you are looking for a awesome group of guys let me know if you want more info.
Here is my XJ, We wheel all over socal. Big Bear, Calico, Johnson Valley and so on. All of these are posuer pics because I took them all.
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album03/mini_DSC00053.sized.jpg
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album03/mini_DSC00050.sized.jpg
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album05/IM000760.sized.jpg
http://virtualpimp.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album05/IM000762.sized.jpg
-Scott
Check ya PMs. I'm always down for some wheelin! BTW... hows the axles holdin with those 36's (I think)?

Drunk tank
09-07-2004, 01:22 PM
How did you find anything gay in what he said? You must have cock on the brain
:idea:

superdave013
09-07-2004, 01:25 PM
So Drunk Tank, I remember you sayin you ride.
when are you up for doing some downhilling? Now that Froggy is good to go maybe us 3 could get in a few runs sometime.

Riverready
09-07-2004, 02:11 PM
But you don't have a metal mullisha, skin or srh sticker. You are not who I am talking about.
In addition, it looks like you painted your parts.
I am not bashing pre-runners. I am bashing hoopties, and the lifestyle that seems to be rewarding them. Whatever happenned to finishing a project?
I do understand who you are talking about, Just thought you would like to see that there are some of us that use are trucks. :D :D

Jrocket
09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/232Myprerunner.jpg
My truck.Yes it was built to go in the dirt and function,not just for looks.

Froggystyle
09-08-2004, 10:10 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/232Myprerunner.jpg
My truck.Yes it was built to go in the dirt and function,not just for looks.
Again, with the painted parts!
You guys must not have very much pull with these mullisha guys. I have yet to see one done with all of the parts painted and looking nice.
I think that if I ever saw one that was complete, with all of the right hoses, fittings, painted and matched fenders, maybe some interior work and racing seats instead of the ones out of their buddies Maverick with some neoprene covers on them I might change my mind about them.
What I see every day just appears to be near the height of foolishness.
Back when I was in high school, we had some hooptie shit too, but it all followed (roughly) a purpose. Big rear tires, slammed front ends, no rear seat etc... but, you saw us all at Sears Point every single Wednesday night for the drags. At that point we were all fiercely trying to get into the 13's with our old musclecars (and no money). My buddy with a big block Chevelle, which was beautiful BTW, finally broke heavy into the 12's and he was a damn hero for a couple of weeks. My 440 Roadrunner ran low 13's and was one of the faster rides. Lots of Mustangs, Pintos with small blocks, a Vega, etc...
We had fun, I just don't see the craftsmanship on any of these rides, and there appears to be little attention to detail either. Kind of like the chicks they are with. Big fat guts at 17 years old and jeans that are too small. I think that the "good enough" DNA has finally peaked here in El Cajon.
I would personally rather drive a stock car than poorly modify it, and that has always been the case. From the minute I started doing bodywork on a project, it was off the road. It hit the road again when the paint was done.
Anyway, I am ranting. You can't imagine the frustration at seeing these POS's every day. I want to run around handing out white socks.

CAHotRodBoy
09-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Nice to see some XJ's on here. I've had two XJ's and they were both great off road. Now I use a ZJ as a dual purpose off road / driver rig. Here's a photo from Moab.
Also have a 4' lifted Dually as a tow rig. It doesn't go off road but does tow the quads / and friend's buggy to the dirt.

Racer277
09-08-2004, 04:00 PM
how about this one
I'm really diggin the arm on the window as if it's just a drive to 7-11 (helmet, who needs a helmet).
Wonder what the landing looked like?

Hotcrusader76
09-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Been to Yuma/Martinez lately? The golf carts are catching on to the trend as well. :(

moneysucker
09-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Been to Yuma/Martinez lately? The golf carts are catching on to the trend as well. :(
Hey, Hey, Hey! you are hitting close to home here. Those are a little diferent. Those are intended for the purpose of being a toy. I personally don't believe in beating your ride home. My dually pulls the enclosed out to Glamis backs the trailer into the sand (keeping the truck on asphalt or at least hard pack) the next time it starts is to go home. Everyone thinks I am stupid for wanting to lower it because I can't off road it. Good luck.10,000lbs sinks like a rock in the sand. Besides 1 tons ride like crap unless you are towing a heavy trailer or have about 20 sheets of plywood in the bed. I laugh at the santee pre runners every day especially when you see Dad bringing juniors truck home on a flatbed from what ever dirt lot the truck was rolled in. I had one of these but it was a full race body lift on my ranger and I beat that thing sooo bad and it was such a pile and I thought it was cool. My old boat was the coolest thing in the world too. Now things are a little diferent, of course the price of the vehicles are higher now too. At least you aren't seeing baby seats strapped in with the Fiber Tech 5 point harnesses. We haven't hit bottom yet.
Here is a cart I did the suspension for my brother. It has a 250sx motor though so it beats my cart.

cyclone
09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Froggy, Froggy, Froggy. Remember the hoopty rides we all had as teenagers and then realize that it's just kids driving the "hoopty prerunners" that you are seeing around town in East County. These are just kids with little or no cash who actively support the desert racing scene. These are the kids that work the pits and chase the race trucks for free and they will be the fabricators, drivers and crew chiefs of tomorrow. Just because they dont have the money to build something worthy of actually haulin' butt through desert today doesn't mean that they are posers. Eventually, they'll get there.

ROZ
09-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Froggy, Froggy, Froggy. Remember the hoopty rides we all had as teenagers and then realize that it's just kids driving the "hoopty prerunners" that you are seeing around town in East County. These are just kids with little or no cash who actively support the desert racing scene. These are the kids that work the pits and chase the race trucks for free and they will be the fabricators, drivers and crew chiefs of tomorrow. Just because they dont have the money to build something worthy of actually haulin' butt through desert today doesn't mean that they are posers. Eventually, they'll get there.
Very good point Cyclone :)

Drunk tank
09-13-2004, 03:23 PM
heres a few pics of my saterday
http://img38.exs.cx/img38/7365/P9110482.jpg
http://img79.exs.cx/img79/5865/P9110483.jpg
http://img79.exs.cx/img79/3782/P9110484.jpg
http://img79.exs.cx/img79/6500/P9110488.jpg
http://img79.exs.cx/img79/6394/P9110492.jpg

cyclone
09-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Very good point Cyclone :)
thanks Roz.

CrazyHippy
09-13-2004, 03:45 PM
How well do those lifted XJ's tow??
I had a sprung over YJ that i sold to buy my 1st house, and dearly miss it. I'm thinking of building an XJ or possibly a ZJ for a daily driver/ crawler/ boat hauler.
Fortunately the boat is super light weight (roughly 2k-2200lbs including the trailer).
BJH

ratso
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I remember my 68 Cougar I had in high school...all I could afford were white spoke wheels...

cyclone
09-13-2004, 03:47 PM
I remember my 68 Cougar I had in high school...all I could afford were white spoke wheels...
that's my point. no one had a really nice, hooked up ride in high school unless mommy and daddy were kicking down the cash. I thought my camaro was the greatest thing on wheels in H.S. but looking back, it was a total pile.

Froggystyle
09-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Just because they dont have the money to build something worthy of actually haulin' butt through desert today doesn't mean that they are posers. Eventually, they'll get there.
No, they're posers allright.
It isn't money keeping you from properly attaching stuff. If you have the money for fiberglass fenders, you have the money to upgrade your bailing wire holding the shock reservoir on.
I am talking about the POS's. No pride of workmanship, no level of finish whatsoever. Just beat it and forget it. I am appalled regularly.
Even if it wasn't for the trucks, their choice of women leaves a lot to be desired too. ;)
But, let's face it... not everyone is going to grow up to be an astronaut. The world needs ditch diggers too. :D

ratso
09-13-2004, 03:51 PM
I'll scan some pics of some of my cars from high school, after the game tonight. It is different when you are on a budget... :D

Froggystyle
09-13-2004, 03:52 PM
that's my point. no one had a really nice, hooked up ride in high school unless mommy and daddy were kicking down the cash. I thought my camaro was the greatest thing on wheels in H.S. but looking back, it was a total pile.
Hey man... no mommy and daddy kickin down cash here. But my POS was finished to an acceptable level.
1974 Cadillac. Dumped, on moon hubcaps and lower profile tires (50 series was PIMP back then) and all monochromatic dark blue. Grille, headlight buckets, de-trimmed, etc...
That thing didn't see the road until the paint was done and the suspension was right. I actually rode the bus instead of driving an unfinished vehicle.

ratso
09-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey man... no mommy and daddy kickin down cash here. But my POS was finished to an acceptable level.
1974 Cadillac. Dumped, on moon hubcaps and lower profile tires (50 series was PIMP back then) and all monochromatic dark blue. Grille, headlight buckets, de-trimmed, etc...
That thing didn't see the road until the paint was done and the suspension was right. I actually rode the bus instead of driving an unfinished vehicle.
At least I'm not the only anal bastard on here... :D

Racer277
09-13-2004, 03:55 PM
The world needs ditch diggers too. :D
Thank god, otherwise, what the hell would i do? :notam:

Froggystyle
09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Thank god, otherwise, what the hell would i do? :notam:
Quote from "Caddyshack" in case you thought I might be serious... :D

cyclone
09-13-2004, 04:04 PM
No, they're posers allright.
It isn't money keeping you from properly attaching stuff. If you have the money for fiberglass fenders, you have the money to upgrade your bailing wire holding the shock reservoir on.
I am talking about the POS's. No pride of workmanship, no level of finish whatsoever. Just beat it and forget it. I am appalled regularly.
Even if it wasn't for the trucks, their choice of women leaves a lot to be desired too. ;)
But, let's face it... not everyone is going to grow up to be an astronaut. The world needs ditch diggers too. :D
even guys that attach stuff with duct tape, zip ties and baling wire will eventually learn the right way to do things. Give the kids some time and the'll get it. The lessons I learned about fabrication that are permanently ingrained in my psyche are the ones I learned the hard way. I'm sure when you were in H.S. that you weren't placing zip ties exactly 1-inch apart on every wire in your car.

Froggystyle
09-13-2004, 04:09 PM
even guys that attach stuff with duct tape, zip ties and baling wire will eventually learn the right way to do things. Give the kids some time and the'll get it. The lessons I learned about fabrication that are permanently ingrained in my psyche are the ones I learned the hard way. I'm sure when you were in H.S. that you weren't placing zip ties exactly 1-inch apart on every wire in your car.
No... I wasn't. They weren't EXACTLY one inch back then... ;)
But I did have some blue zip ties I bought at Hot August nights!
Circumstances aside, these guys are currently driving poorly built, loud, ineffective and ugly rides. That is the part that I am making fun of...
Don't take this away from me Mike! :D

cyclone
09-13-2004, 04:15 PM
No... I wasn't. They weren't EXACTLY one inch back then... ;)
But I did have some blue zip ties I bought at Hot August nights!
Circumstances aside, these guys are currently driving poorly built, loud, ineffective and ugly rides. That is the part that I am making fun of...
Don't take this away from me Mike! :D
ok i wont take it from you. One last thing thing though; the old farts in my town said the same things about the vehicles my friends and I drove back in the day too. :D

Froggystyle
09-13-2004, 04:19 PM
ok i wont take it from you. One last thing thing though; the old farts in my town said the same things about the vehicles my friends and I drove back in the day too. :D
The old guys never said shit about my cars... it was the burnouts, stereos and drag racing they were bitching about. Most liked the car.
Must have been the lisence plate "Mr Blue". Made them think of when the song came out and they were still cool.

cyclone
09-13-2004, 04:20 PM
The old guys never said shit about my cars... it was the burnouts, stereos and drag racing they were bitching about. Most liked the car.
Must have been the lisence plate "Mr Blue". Made them think of when the song came out and they were still cool.
mr. blue? never heard of it. lol :D

Jrocket
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Again, with the painted parts!
You guys must not have very much pull with these mullisha guys. I have yet to see one done with all of the parts painted and looking nice.
I think that if I ever saw one that was complete, with all of the right hoses, fittings, painted and matched fenders, maybe some interior work and racing seats instead of the ones out of their buddies Maverick with some neoprene covers on them I might change my mind about them.
WHat? My truck has all the parts painted,interior done,and the suspension is top notch.Not back yard billy's muffler shop and boat building.You trying to say that my truck isnt built good enough for you.

fourspeednup
09-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Hmmmm...that's freaky, this was my ride senior year. 72 coupe d' EVIL...472, mostly shaved, stupidly overdone stereo, it was fun
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1154caddy_1-med.jpg
Yep, those are flamethrowers...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1154caddy_3-med.jpg

Hotcrusader76
09-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Sorry for the long image but I believe this is what we're getting at....Street driving with this poor bucket...and it's a chevy :messedup: :rolleyes:
http://www.desertrides.com/photo/your_rides/rides/kevin.rounds@gcinc.com-smallfrnt.jpg

78sleekcraft
09-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Please Do not send the prerunner fad to Arkansas. The dang street racers and biker boys are bad enough. They all hang out at the sonic two blocks down the street and there is nothing greater than the sound of hotrod lawn mowers and weed eaters to ruin a good nights sleep. Don't get me wrong I can sleep right through the neighbors 78 F250 big block at 5:30am. The prerunners have no business is AR mud as do any of the 3/4 and 1 ton deisel lifted to the sky crew cabs. These look great and gather lots of attention but should stay where the substrate is compact enough to hold them up ie. the mall parking lot. As far as the craftsmanship of projects life is a learning process. Every Kid should have to drive at least one primered beater in their lifetime or multiple ones if that is what they want. In colege I drove a dented and mangled Toyota 4x4 the body had to be put on hold until I had the drive-train the way I wanted (5.29 gears front and rear, Izuzu rear end with cable locker, lock rite in front, and rancho springs, torsion bars, and shocks) After that I learned to do the body work myself when finished I had a truck to be proud of and took some money away from rich boy whose daddys bought them new trucks( Z71 off road ego booster not traction booster)

AvengerBabe
09-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Evidently I'm a bit late, but that was freekin' hilarious Froggy! :p

ROZ
09-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Next thing ya know they'll be putting neon street kits on them bad boys... Maybe I shouldn't give them any suggestions... :D

Froggystyle
09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
WHat? My truck has all the parts painted,interior done,and the suspension is top notch.Not back yard billy's muffler shop and boat building.You trying to say that my truck isnt built good enough for you.
No J, my point was that your truck is built good enough. I don't see those types around here. My point was that your truck is painted, with an interior and good suspension. My joke complaint is about the heinous ones.
I am sure there are beautiful exceptions to the rule. I am positive of it, because I have seen them. I just don't see them on the street, I see them on a trailer going where they are useful. The place I see these freeway four wheelers is in front of the Pat and Oscars out here in El Cajon, doing nothing but picking up heifers.
Just havin fun man...

mbrown2
09-23-2004, 09:25 AM
So where is the line drawn when a lifted truck goes from cool to stupid? (I know loaded question with lots of opinions)....6" lift/35"s, 9-11/38's, 12-14/40"s, 18-24/44"'s...?
Prerunner look/Balanced look?
Brand of Equipment /poorly fabbed / or race shop fabbed?
Seems like a slippery slope, and it's hard to hate on someone customizing stuff at a young age....I did not have the coin or the time as a kid, but I wanted something cool....now I can pay to have it done right...learned alot hacking up cars as a kid..

Froggystyle
09-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Seems like a slippery slope, and it's hard to hate on someone customizing stuff at a young age....I did not have the coin or the time as a kid, but I wanted something cool....now I can pay to have it done right...learned alot hacking up cars as a kid..
It is a slippery slope, and I was just trying to be funny to be honest. I figured a lot of people on here had seen the same things, and in the same way we make fun of that hooptie boat in the south with all of the handicapped rails for bowrails and the light/roll bar and everything, I figured we could have some fun at the expense of todays youth.
I am all about hot rods. I just think there should be a mentor at some level that steps in and says... uh, son... you might want to look a little further into the tool box than the bailing wire...
I am not down on anyone. In fact, this thread has made me want to go find the worst one I can and do a "Trident... pimp my ride!" to it.
I am going to think about that... If nobody steps up and shows these guys the right way, nobody will respect good craftsmanship in the future.
Anybody with me? Let's get a group of peeps together for a charitable cause. I bet I can find some sponsors. Cyclone, you could write an article. (Nice work in this months HB BTW... (Yes, I know... Hoboat has a magazine???) )
Whaddya think?

mbrown2
09-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Froggy, I know where you going...I specifically see and question those trucks as the higher they go, the less functional they become, and I am talking about the trucks with 20-40K in upgrades and are not sitting on the floor at Sema but they are some buddies daily driver... :rollside:

Froggystyle
09-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Froggy, I know where you going...I specifically see and question those trucks as the higher they go, the less functional they become, and I am talking about the trucks with 20-40K in upgrades and are not sitting on the floor at Sema but they are some buddies daily driver... :rollside:
Yeah, I know. But that is what makes America great. Wretched Excess.
Bottom line... you looked! You didn't notice the last Maxima that cruised down your block though.
I am gaining momentum on this pimp my ride idea. I have seen three candidates for "worst one I have seen" drive down the street in the last two minutes. The benefits of being right off of Magnolia...

Froggystyle
09-23-2004, 09:45 AM
BTW I hate my lifted truck. We are lowering it in the next month or so for SEMA.

Froggystyle
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Breaking news....
I couldn't resist taking a picture of this as I drove by...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8213&stc=1
I guess we know who is responsible for these travesties now...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8214&stc=1
I love the temp registration in the back window...

BarryMac
12-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Breaking news....
Bet he can see really good at night with his headlights pointing into the northern sky...

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Breaking news....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8214&stc=1
I love the temp registration in the back window...
WTF were they thinking?

Froggystyle
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
THESE are the ones I am talking about.... not the good ones.

al cole'holic
12-06-2004, 01:43 PM
That's about as gay as someone putting 140 stickers and logo's of 140 products on a ride :messedup:

Froggystyle
12-06-2004, 01:45 PM
That's about as gay as someone putting 140 stickers and logo's of 140 products on a ride :messedup:
What's a 140 product?

al cole'holic
12-06-2004, 01:51 PM
What's a 140 product?
I think you get the joke :D

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Care to enlighten those of us that don't?

welk2party
12-06-2004, 02:04 PM
I am with ya Froggy! That was so true. A good friend of mine who has since past away, raced and built off road trucks for SCORE and other events. I learned a ton about the right way and the wrong way and many are the wrong way. BTW, some of the trucks posted are pretty killer. Lovet the 2 Fords catching air! The one part that makes me laugh is the straight axle rear end with the shock hoops. No 4 links for flex, no geometry of suspension travel, no axle stiffeners, nothing! If you were going to mod, this stuff would be job 1 in my opinion.

spectras only
12-06-2004, 02:06 PM
This is my tire guy Jens' website .Check it out. He's building a Hummer now ,will be called canadian steroid :hammerhea :wink: . http://www.unlimitedtireteam.com

rrrr
12-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Anyway, I am ranting. You can't imagine the frustration at seeing these POS's every day. I want to run around handing out white socks.
This is some funny chit, Froggy..... :D :D

Froggystyle
12-06-2004, 02:36 PM
I think I might know what you are talking about, but it doesn't make sense...
The six manufacturers logos on my truck are vendor/sponsors that exchanged parts for exposure. Most in excess of thousands of dollars. Air Ride, for example comped me a $7,000 suspension for a sticker on my show truck. KMC gave me some $500+ a piece 22" wheels for a sticker, BFG likewise. Kenwood dropped a $2400 nav system, two $2000 head units, a $700 monitor and a $500 music keg in for their sticker. Phoenix Gold put a couple of g's worth of speakers and amps in the truck for theirs.
I guess I get your joke, but it doesn't make any sense. I fail to see the "gayness" of a corporate image vehicle...
But haha anyway... ;)

dicudmore
12-06-2004, 02:38 PM
just found this thread....
sure is the truth about a lot of the pos running around here.

phebus
12-06-2004, 02:40 PM
The six manufacturers logos on my truck are vendor/sponsors that exchanged parts for exposure. Most in excess of thousands of dollars. Air Ride, for example comped me a $7,000 suspension for a sticker on my show truck. KMC gave me some $500+ a piece 22" wheels for a sticker, BFG likewise. Kenwood dropped a $2400 nav system, two $2000 head units, a $700 monitor and a $500 music keg in for their sticker. Phoenix Gold put a couple of g's worth of speakers and amps in the truck for theirs.
I guess I get your joke, but it doesn't make any sense. I fail to see the "gayness" of a corporate image vehicle...
But haha anyway... ;)
What did Trident give you for their name on your truck :D Let me guess, two years of sleepless nights, a broken bank account, etc......But, hopefully one heck of a future. Good luck!!

al cole'holic
12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
But haha anyway... ;)
..just meant as a joke...now that the joke is outta the way, why they dump so much into your old truck?? :D

Froggystyle
12-06-2004, 02:58 PM
..just meant as a joke...now that the joke is outta the way, why they dump so much into your old truck?? :D
They ain't backin the truck baby... they backin me. ;)
And, after closer inspection, we did have more than six logos on for SEMA to help out some freinds (I.E. STV Keith and Bow Tie Rick) but they have been pulled off for street use.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8217&stc=1

al cole'holic
12-06-2004, 03:04 PM
And, after closer inspection, we did have more than six logos on for SEMA to help out some freinds (I.E. STV Keith and Bow Tie Rick) but they have been pulled off for street use.
...that makes sense :D :D

Jordy
12-06-2004, 03:06 PM
That truck is even sicker in person. :D

al cole'holic
12-06-2004, 03:07 PM
...speaking of backing you, any plans to go public?? I'd like to get in on that IPO :D

welk2party
12-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Nice ride Froggy. I was not sure if I would like it lowered when you told us but I dig it. Definately looks cool and I am not in to lowered trucks. :cool:

BarryMac
08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
ttt for my East County buddy... :D

boats&bars
08-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I suppose everyone will have a laugh and make fun of this one too.
There is only 200k in it.

MissB
08-08-2007, 09:07 AM
ttt for my East County buddy... :D
First off.. that post was hilarious!! Thank you, it brought back many memories!
Second, Mr B - You can take the girl out of east county... but you can't take the East County out of the girl!
and last but not least... and this is the sad thing..... the FORD on the first page, does it for me. Once again a fondness for inanimate objects!

Ivan Dan
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
If I had to guess I would say there is a considerable amount more than $200k in that truck. Most high end pre-runners like that are $300k-$500k depending on motors, trannies, and other goodies they put in it.

Ivan Dan
08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
OH and by the way....this thread makes you all sound like 80 year old men at the bingo hall bitching about "those damn kids". :sqeyes:
:D :) :D

BarryMac
08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
First off.. that post was hilarious!! Thank you, it brought back many memories!
Second, Mr B - You can take the girl out of east county... but you can't take the East County out of the girl!
and last but not least... and this is the sad thing..... the FORD on the first page, does it for me. Once again a fondness for inanimate objects!
:p

Froggystyle
08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Nice necropost Barry... :D

Screaming Pete
08-08-2007, 11:04 AM
this sounds strangley like a dinner conversion last night:D

LAFD
08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
isnt this pattymelts truck. ive seen it on here before in the spam section for like 60k.
froggy hit the nail on the head. alot of these truck are back yard builds that the owner and his friends do on weekends.

MissB
08-08-2007, 11:35 AM
this sounds strangley like a dinner conversion last night:D
You know you want to be my friend.:D .... it's not often that us east county girls let outsiders in!!
:devil:

MissB
08-08-2007, 11:36 AM
isnt this pattymelts truck. ive seen it on here before in the spam section for like 60k.
froggy hit the nail on the head. alot of these truck are back yard builds that the owner and his friends do on weekends.
ooompf!

LAFD
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM
heres the spam link to it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127518

Screaming Pete
08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I know I want to be your friend.:D .... it's not often that us east county girls get to roll with you awsome North county guys!! will you take me to the river?????
:devil:
Sure i guess, but only if you can back up a boat trailer, we have rules:D

MissB
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for editing that for me, I forgot to include that last part..... :devil:
We have rules also, was that a dodge I saw you in last night?? J/K:D
It's been about 3 years, I may be rusty but I would be happy to backa trailer for you.

Screaming Pete
08-08-2007, 11:59 AM
It's been about 3 years, I may be rusty but I would be happy to backa trailer for you.[/QUOTE]
yes it a Dodge with almost 400K on it You'll never see that on your chevys or Fords

MissB
08-08-2007, 12:06 PM
It's been about 3 years, I may be rusty but I would be happy to backa trailer for you.
yes it a Dodge with almost 400K on it You'll never see that on your chevys or Fords[/QUOTE]
Ok you win!

BarryMac
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
ooompf!
What the hell was that? ;)
Dude quoting the re-quote is awesome, we know how to roll brother... :D
yes it a Dodge with almost 400K on it You'll never see that on your chevys or Fords
Yeah, our Chevys will have 1,000,000 miles on them... :D :devil:

Screaming Pete
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
ooompf!
she was having a moment with herself:D

MissB
08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Self love!!!

BarryMac
08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Self love!!!
:idea: :idea: :idea: :D

River Lynchmob
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Yea im sure it has everything you can get. Probably real close to the $350,000 mark. The Baldwins don't have any shortage of disposable cash. That was finished right before Jason was killed and I believe Josh is building a brand new trophy truck for this next year to go along with his new class 1.

2Driver
08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
What is the RBP sticker? There is one on the Rhino I just bought yesterday. ( yeah I bought another one) Dont want to drive around with some wierd meaning sticker on my new machine.

Deano
08-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Rolling Big Power...diesel performance stuff...all the ballers use it

2Driver
08-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Rolling Big Power...diesel performance stuff...all the ballers use it
THanks, now i'll go out to the garage and take it off :D

boats&bars
08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
If I had to guess I would say there is a considerable amount more than $200k in that truck. Most high end pre-runners like that are $300k-$500k depending on motors, trannies, and other goodies they put in it.
Its the baldwin prerunner Ithink its for sale for 190