PDA

View Full Version : New Ideas

***boat
09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Here at ***boat.com HQ we decided that even though many of you spend all of your useful time throughout the day posting here we would like to see more posting. We have also noticed that the forums are most active when something controversial is going on. Here are some ideas we are tossing around. I just thought I would get your opinions on them.
1. Start a new "Vote someone off the boards" program. Every month a poll would be created and someone would be voted of the boards. Their IP range would be blocked and user name banned for six months.
2. Invite the people from moveon.org over for a nice discussion of the issues
3. Randomly set people with a user rating over 100 back to 0.
4. Add the word boat to the banned word list causing it to come up as ****.
5. Give Tom Brown and HighRoller mod privileges.
just a few ideas I was kicking around.

Sleek-Jet
09-05-2004, 04:00 PM
And here I thought I was the only one that was bored today. :D

Dusty Times
09-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Haven't posted in a while but,
HUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH??????????????????

Kilrtoy
09-05-2004, 04:13 PM
That is some funny shit :2purples:

Jbb
09-05-2004, 04:23 PM
I say a pay per view ..Texas cage match...no rules.....Riverdave vs Lowriver... :D

little rowe boat
09-05-2004, 04:23 PM
I like the vote someone off idea. :hammer2:

09-05-2004, 04:27 PM
How about a nice civil round table discussion with John Kerry and John Edwards? :D :D :D

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 04:36 PM
You're feeling a little hon'ry today huh?
Seriously though, on the pm's where it asks if you want a return receipt or whatever it asks, instead of ok and cancel maybe yes or no would be better. I'm guessing most peeps select ok for fear of having their pm canceled.
I like the vote off idea though :lightsabe :boxingguy

***boat
09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
You're feeling a little hon'ry today huh?
Seriously though, on the pm's where it asks if you want a return receipt or whatever it asks, instead of ok and cancel maybe yes or no would be better. I'm guessing most peeps select ok for fear of having their pm canceled.
I like the vote off idea though :lightsabe :boxingguy
The OK or Cancel thing is sort of the way the software is written. I will take a look at it to see if can be changed, but my suspicion is that since that is a JavaScript pop-up you cant control what the buttons say (have to go look at my JS manual again).
There is a team of something like 20 guys who wrote the code for these forums and I would like to think that if possible they would not have made something that confusing.

cc322
09-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Kachina did you get my pm?

79miller
09-05-2004, 04:50 PM
6. Host 1st annual HB Forum/KY Jelly Female Members Naked Twister Nationals in 79Miller's front yard.
Do it this afternoon, it's hotter out here in the OC then in Havasu!

dgie
09-05-2004, 05:52 PM
I propose this idea (it excludes ***boat) We kick off the person with the MOST rep points for 6 months, we can make the cut off date Christmas day. What a great present. This way I have nothing to worry about, since I am a one box wonder :D

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 05:54 PM
I say a pay per view ..Texas cage match...no rules.....Riverdave vs Lowriver... :D
RiverDave will be skins.

79miller
09-05-2004, 05:57 PM
...one box wonder :D
So you're married... :)

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Kachina did you get my pm?
Back at ya!

dgie
09-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok maybe I should be more specific REPUTATION BOX :wink: everyone Please stop the love letters to my reputation screen because I AM A DUDE :umm: however Please keep the love letters comming from the woman though :D
Paging 79 miller to Just Jets, there is question I left you about the bolt that kept me off the lake today, A fricken bolt, bummer :(

dgie
09-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Oh damn, now I got two boxes :confused:

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 06:11 PM
The OK or Cancel thing is sort of the way the software is written. I will take a look at it to see if can be changed, but my suspicion is that since that is a JavaScript pop-up you cant control what the buttons say (have to go look at my JS manual again).
There is a team of something like 20 guys who wrote the code for these forums and I would like to think that if possible they would not have made something that confusing.
Thanx for the reply, I just thought I would throw it out there. It was 2 or 3 PM's before I got brave and hit the cancel button to see if it would still go through. But hey, I'm wild like that! I'll take the cap off of a pen........... I don't put it back on! I'm just plain crazy.................. tore the tag off my mattress.

dgie
09-05-2004, 06:14 PM
tore the tag off my mattress.
Can we really do that :eek:

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanx for the reply, I just thought I would throw it out there. It was 2 or 3 PM's before I got brave and hit the cancel button to see if it would still go through. But hey, I'm wild like that! I'll take the cap off of a pen........... I don't put it back on! I'm just plain crazy.................. tore the tag off my mattress.
Look... that kind of sarcasm will get you nowhere. :(
At least, it didn't get me anywhere.

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Look... that kind of sarcasm will get you nowhere. :(
At least, it didn't get me anywhere.
No really, I'm a wild man! I came to a stop sign and only stopped for 2 seconds instead of 3! That's right!

Rexone
09-05-2004, 06:20 PM
You actually stop for those? :confused:

Kachina26
09-05-2004, 06:22 PM
You actually stop for those? :confused:
Yeah, once.

79miller
09-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Ok maybe I should be more specific REPUTATION BOX :wink: everyone Please stop the love letters to my reputation screen because I AM A DUDE :umm: however Please keep the love letters comming from the woman though :D
Paging 79 miller to Just Jets, there is question I left you about the bolt that kept me off the lake today, A fricken bolt, bummer :(
Just replied in JJ...

JetBoatRich
09-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Here at ***boat.com HQ we decided that even though many of you spend all of your useful time throughout the day posting here we would like to see more posting. We have also noticed that the forums are most active when something controversial is going on. Here are some ideas we are tossing around. I just thought I would get your opinions on them.
1. Start a new "Vote someone off the boards" program. Every month a poll would be created and someone would be voted of the boards. Their IP range would be blocked and user name banned for six months.
where did you come :supp: up with these.

RiverOtter
09-05-2004, 07:01 PM
No real opinion just wanted to do this:
:sleeping: :notam: :sleeping:

ORSpectra20
09-05-2004, 07:01 PM
6. Team up with PALTALK.COM and make voice rooms where people can go and get a little voiseterous without wearing out their fingers......

RiverOtter
09-05-2004, 07:06 PM
:argue: :eat: :boxingguy

***boat
09-05-2004, 07:19 PM
where did you come :supp: up with these.
Well we took a queue from the good old U.S. Gov and hired a group of consultants at about $200 an hour. That is what they came up with.

dgie
09-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Well we took a queue from the good old U.S. Gov and hired a group of consultants at about $200 an hour. That is what they came up with.
That was money well spent, Do you need a slightly used hammer $400.00 :D

ORSpectra20
09-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll come up with better for half that and throw in a couple green bars......

MagicMtnDan
09-06-2004, 06:07 AM
1. Number one was my idea :angry2:
2. That's a good idea - but you'll have to create a new forum for them - call it: "We donated tens of millions so you can hear John Kerry whine" :hammer2:
3. Great idea!
4. What do boats have to do with your forums? :D
5. Now you're talkin'!

wsuwrhr
09-06-2004, 06:37 AM
That was money well spent, Do you need a slightly used hammer $400.00 :D
How about a used wife? See thread in Just Jets.
Brian

LUVNLIFE
09-06-2004, 08:26 AM
You were bored yesterday and thought you would whip us all into a needless frenzy. WELL IT WORKED :eek: :wink: :D

mike37
09-06-2004, 08:37 AM
OH yes they would they don't think like the rest of us
call them and ask for your money back they labeled the button wrong :skull:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-06-2004, 09:34 AM
not that my opinion counts really.. but I don't care for any of them too much.. I have worked so hard in post whoring and I don't want to loose it.. :D although I would probably be on a list somewhere to be banned, :squiggle:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-06-2004, 09:39 AM
http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/rotflmao.gif http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/rotflmao.gif http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/rotflmao.gif
HB I didn't know you were so funny. Thanks for the morning laugh.
I serioulsy liked # 3 & 4 That's some funny shiznet.
Banning the word "boat" on a boating forum is like playing quarters with the rule that you can't say "drink." http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/drunk.gif

Dave C
09-06-2004, 09:59 AM
anyone see the irony of this statement after ***boat kicked out the political threads from the sandbar to their own section??
Nothing is more controversial and gets people a posting like good ol' political in-fighting.
but like you say... the people have spoken ;)
we would like to see more posting. We have also noticed that the forums are most active when something controversial is going on.