PDA

View Full Version : Just watched The Passion of the Christ....

hoolign
09-05-2004, 06:41 PM
I don't think it was all it was cracked up to be!, I mean all the hype I heard ( without anyone hypin up the subtitles), I just figured it would be alot more ,how do you say it...spread out..over the course of his life?...and the beatin scene was to drawn out! I won't be able to eat ribs for a month!..I don't know..I think Gibson could have done better!

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I was going to watch it but someone told me he dies in the end so I've lost interest.

hoolign
09-05-2004, 06:43 PM
I was going to watch it but someone told me he dies in the end so I've lost interest.
Talk about ruining the plot
:idea: :idea: :mad:

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Perhaps if they had gotten Jennifer Lopez to play Mary, I would have watched it for the sheer casting irony.

hoolign
09-05-2004, 06:49 PM
jennifer Lopez????..and maybe George Carlin as Christ :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 06:50 PM
George has burned a few bushes in his day. :cool:

unleashed
09-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Yeah But he gets resurrected. Opppppssss I just gave the plot to part 2 away. Sorry.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

dmontzsta
09-05-2004, 08:22 PM
I watched it for a second time last night. The first time I watched it I felt as you did, I wanted to see more of his life. But, when I talked to some of my family members that go to church alot and have discussed this movie a thousand times in church. It is good, the whole purpose was to really show the pain he went through that is all...there is another movie in the making that will show his life. But the Passion is all about just how much pain and torture he went through, as you can see in the movie. I think the actor did a great job.

Misogynist
09-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I have to agree.... I was disappointed a little... probably because of all the hype... and the scourging scene went on way too long.... but.... I thought this was the first "Christ" type movie where the clothing was probably pretty accurate... usually the actors look like they showed up in bath robes...... How about that Satan?.... I thought it was pretty creepy casting a woman as good ol' Beazilbub......... :hammer2:

Tom Brown
09-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I was disappointed a little... probably because of all the hype...
It's tough to live up to two milleniums of hype.

dbddbd
09-05-2004, 09:16 PM
It's called the Passion because it's only ablut the Passion of the Christ or the more commonly known as the suffering Christ received once arrested and final cruxifiction for our sins, it is all it was supposed to be. LOL. Actually the scourging lasted a lot longer than that. Suffice it to say the worst whipping a man on earth can possibly stand. That's the point of it, the worst suffering a man can take and he took it willingly, for each one of us. Personally, I hope Mel made enough money on it to make more about the various stories and stages of his ministry on earth. :)

TRG
09-05-2004, 11:13 PM
i whole heartedly feel the same as dbddbd!
i felt gibson did one heck of a job with the film!
Todd

HCS
09-05-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm Catholic. I've read that phucked up story all my life. :hammerhea
Charlston Heston does the best versions. If it's even phucking true. :crossx:
Spokin by a true Catholic. Lord forgive me for I have sinned. :chi:

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 03:38 AM
I thought Jesus Christ Superstar was better

NashvilleBound
09-06-2004, 04:08 AM
It's called the Passion because it's only ablut the Passion of the Christ or the more commonly known as the suffering Christ received once arrested and final cruxifiction for our sins, it is all it was supposed to be. LOL. Actually the scourging lasted a lot longer than that. Suffice it to say the worst whipping a man on earth can possibly stand. That's the point of it, the worst suffering a man can take and he took it willingly, for each one of us. Personally, I hope Mel made enough money on it to make more about the various stories and stages of his ministry on earth. :)
I totally understand the taking more of a beating than any man on earth idea. But dont you think we could have had a happier ending? I know the shroud was shown for the ressurection and the rock rolled away, but how about a gathering of his appostiles? Something happy.... I could have had the idea of how bad it was from half the scenes of beatings. Personally I think the beatings were carried on too far...and yes I know thats what really happened.

Sleek-Jet
09-06-2004, 04:47 AM
... But dont you think we could have had a happier ending? ... Something happy....
How about puppies, everyone loves puppies!! :idea:
Hey Mel, when you re-do this flick in 20 years or so, put some puppies in there somewhere. :D

NashvilleBound
09-06-2004, 04:56 AM
How about puppies, everyone loves puppies!! :idea:
Hey Mel, when you re-do this flick in 20 years or so, put some puppies in there somewhere. :D
:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

FRENCHIE
09-06-2004, 08:08 AM
great movie but too graphic for me!! :D

bigd1
09-06-2004, 08:11 AM
So what's it about?