PDA

View Full Version : Best Price On New Commander Deck Boat

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Who has bought a new commander deck boat. i want to see the best prices that everyone has got on ther deck boat and what options? undefinedthanks

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Oh no , this will get good. Hope you are ready for some of the responses you are going to get. NO clue what they cost

THOR
09-06-2004, 05:06 PM
I would do a search first here and then ask this question later. Just my opinion. Commanders arent highly thought of in these parts.

cc322
09-06-2004, 05:07 PM
It's to bad commander has the reputation of cheap hore, cause they really have some nice looking boats imo, including their deck boat very clean lines.

THOR
09-06-2004, 05:09 PM
It seems really strange to me that they have filed for bandruptcy. Every time I drive by the shop while on the 91 freeway, there are a ton of boats fresh out of the mold. A tad wierd to me. :messedup:

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 05:10 PM
im looking at commander and conquest what makes one better than the other

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 05:15 PM
RIGGING makes one better than the other.
tear though a boat look in places one would never go. When you see hanging wires unfinished glass, untreated wood, you know its a piece of shit.
All wires should be fasted thru bolted glass should be finished EVERYWHERE on the boat. Those are just a few simple starters to look at. I can go on for days about this....Now Im not saying anything bad about commander, just look at all the boats the same , forget about the gel coat, thats just the wrapper...

CARRERA
09-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Sounds like a can of worms has just been open.......................

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
This is a properly rigged boat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/181417.jpg

CARRERA
09-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Looks good......................

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 05:24 PM
so the boat hauls are about the same,its just how the finishing touches are ? i live in riverside and commander is 10 mins away,so if i keep checking on a step by step process,is that the way to go ?

THOR
09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Dont let zip ties make you spend more than you should. There are some folks on here that swear by zip ties. Look at reputation as well.
If you are looking at 28' Deck boats, I would stick with
Conquest - reputation as one of the best decks in the biz. Been around a while and here to stay.
Eliminator - have the Conquest mold, so you are paying for a Conquest with Eliminator painted on the side.
Magic - Very well rigged and fast with modest power.
These are the only 3 I would choose from.
I would throw Trident in Wes but there arent any yet. ;)

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Where is THATJEFFGUY? Was he bringing the popcorn? :crossx:

THOR
09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
so the boat hauls are about the same,its just how the finishing touches are ? i live in riverside and commander is 10 mins away,so if i keep checking on a step by step process,is that the way to go ?
You can stand there all day long, it wont change how the make a boat.

CARRERA
09-06-2004, 05:30 PM
So now the corn is popping...........

clownpuncher
09-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Looks like it's missing a few key parts :p
I don't know, maybe it's just me.
As far as a choice between Commander and Conquest.........I say Conquest. I don't know much about Commander, except from what I read on the boards and from what one friend told me about them.
I do have friends that own Conquests and they love em. Not saying they don't break, but, when they do that's when the customer service kicks in and Keith (Conquest) has an excellent rep in that arena.
Like was said earlier, do a search here on HB RE: Commander. You'll find lots of good info. Some swear by them, others swear AT them. Good luck

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
You get what you pay for
You pay for a Hyundai you get one, you pay for a Mercedes you get one, They both do the same thing, but one does it a hellavu lot better than the other and you will pay for this.....

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 05:36 PM
so its more of the rigging ? or the boat ?

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
are both the bottoms the same in quality ?

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Again alot of these boats are the same molds, It comes down to how well the builder puts the pieces of the puzzle together.
Come out and play THATJEFFGUY and SYA

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 05:42 PM
I am a 9 yr commander boat owner and have been happy with it. Never had a problem. They build a heckuva a deck boat. I saw steve last yr at the nautical with his Deckboat(its the big blue one on the web page but he sold it) and that boat was just sick. Anyways I am hoping they build a 23 soon. Kinda like ultra has. I will buy another commander as soon as this is paid off. 2 yrs left baby

ahhell
09-06-2004, 05:50 PM
i dont have a deck boat,i do have a Commander... 21' jet. the only problem ive had with mine, besides people bagging on it, was an oil leak that was easily remedied(commander doesnt make their own oil pans). I did buy from the first owner so i didnt have to deal with the managment of Commander, which seems to be the major problem on the boards. As for them being in B/K???? dont know if id deal at the moment
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1518Mead.jpg

BADASS38CHEVY
conquest wont budge on ther prices and commander will .so basically it all about preference ? which holds resale better ?

beyondhelpin
Is that a blower motor just hanging down unsecured?
Zip ties that have not been cut off?
Hole in boat with expossed unglassed wood?
Who's screwdriver?
Has anybody seen my RTV?
Isnt plexyglass supposed to be clear?
No motor?
You call that rigging! :idea: :D :D

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
are both the bottoms the same in quality ?
Look down the side from front to back. If you see waves you can surf on?, and you will see WAVES on one of the two.... Then I would suggest going Conquest. :hammerhea

roostwear
09-06-2004, 05:57 PM
You get what you pay for
You pay for a Hyundai you get one, you pay for a Mercedes you get one, They both do the same thing, but one does it a hellavu lot better than the other and you will pay for this.....
Hate to blow your buzz, but Hyundai ranks above Mercedes in intial customer quality surveys. Maybe using Volkswagen as the bottom is more appropriate.

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Hate to blow your buzz, but Hyundai ranks above Mercedes in intial customer quality surveys. Maybe using Volkswagen as the bottom is more appropriate.
Maybe the word "intial" is the qualifier.. :wink:

ahhell
09-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Look down the side from front to back. If you see waves you can surf on?, and you will see WAVES on one of the two.... Then I would suggest going Conquest. :hammerhea
i dont have any waves....

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 06:00 PM
i dont have any waves....
Do you have the "deck boat"?

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 06:02 PM
i dont have any waves either. So my question to you og is this a wood vs composite? I have seen plenty of boats with waves and those boats are just poorly tooled, and most that are not tooled right are the boats that lack wood in them.

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 06:05 PM
ive looked at the commander decks didnt see any waves in the haul either .

ahhell
09-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Do you have the "deck boat"?
nope, i have 21' Commander "conquest" jet
kinda ironic that commander uses conquest in the naming of their boats? :notam:
a freind of mine just bought a 22' placecraft deck...and loves it

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 06:07 PM
I am not here to BAG on commander or those you own them.
I am posting because another member asked for opinions about DeckBoats. I gave him mine.
We looked at both when searching for our boat. I found Conquest to be a step above. I did not care for the waves I noticed in the commander deck boats. JMHO

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 06:08 PM
do either of the boats porpoise ?

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 06:11 PM
badass check your private message.. No those boats dont poriose.

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
do either of the boats porpoise ?
I am not sure,
Your best bet is to call the manufacturers and set up a test ride. These should NOT require a deposit. and you should be able to DRIVE the boat your self.
Good luck,
OGS

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 06:16 PM
hey og, Most place do require a deposit. working in the ind I will not waste my time for a free boat ride. Time off the lot is money lost hoss. We require a fully refundable deposit, and a credit app if finance to make sure if you can even qualify for the boat. Then after that test away. I will never take a potential customer for a "free" ride unless those to requirements are met. And if they deny then they dont go. I think thats fair. I have a great relationship with every customer who was bought a boat from me. Anything I can do I will.

playdeep
09-06-2004, 06:36 PM
....Most place(s) require a deposit prior to purchase?,uh,I don't think so.
Service issues...
SY with Commander(do a search)
vs.
Keith Sayre with Conquest
This isn't even a contest as far as standing behind what they sell.
Which company is on cash only c.o.d. with Merc,which one isn't?
Which builder actually does research and development in order to improve they're boats,which one does not?
Not bagging on Commander,however there is a significant difference,people can put whatever spin on it,they choose...when you look at both builders,the differences are pretty substantial.
...You get what you pay for

THOR
09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
There is a reason why some builders will budge and cut pricing to get you to buy a boat while MOST others wont.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 06:41 PM
hey og, Most place do require a deposit. working in the ind I will not waste my time for a free boat ride. Time off the lot is money lost hoss. We require a fully refundable deposit, and a credit app if finance to make sure if you can even qualify for the boat. Then after that test away. I will never take a potential customer for a "free" ride unless those to requirements are met. And if they deny then they dont go. I think thats fair. I have a great relationship with every customer who was bought a boat from me. Anything I can do I will.
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT,
I have never heard of such a thing and if someone wanted a deposit to go on a test ride I would walk right out the door.
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Thats because the Mercedes has yet to return to the shop which the HYUNDAI has several times already...
You couldnt give me a HYUNDAI,
I'd sell it before I ever drove it....

OGShocker
09-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Thread hijacking complete. :idea:

SoCalOffshore
09-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but Commander is in bankruptsy. What more is there to say? Before they went into BK, my cousin and I looked at their deck boats. From 20 feet away it looked great. Its when you got up close and examined the details, the alignment of doors and hinges that you could see the "real" difference in quality and then you knew why they were cheaper than other manufacturers. But, as I said before, they are in Bk right now. Why would you give your hard earned money to a company they may or may not make it and you may or may not get a boat?

FRENCHIE
09-06-2004, 06:47 PM
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT,
I have never heard of such a thing and if someone wanted a deposit to go on a test ride I would walk right out the door.
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT
it kills me to admit to it...but im with you on this one Kilr!!??? what the f#ck?? :confused: Hey miguel i think based on your prior experience id be going right back to corona and thinking 29'!!!!
If this is the new procedure in the boat buying industry....then You know Barry aint down with that, and you know you can test ride on a handshake!!!! ....customer service...trust, honesty....need i say more ....you know whats up!!!! this commander thing is just making me laugh! :rolleyes: ;)

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Come on Frenchie you agreewith almost all the timeEXCEPT on the lakers, but anyways when are we all four of us going togther and party....
DEPOSIT FOR A TEST RIDE, That is like paying to go to and open house :confused: :confused:
I wish he would say where he works so none of us waste our time there by accident, I mean waste his time

roostwear
09-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Thats because the Mercedes has yet to return to the shop which the HYUNDAI has several times already...
You couldnt give me a HYUNDAI,
I'd sell it before I ever drove it....
Your knowledge of cars is exceeded only by your knowledge of nuclear science. . You're obviously not in the industry. :hammerhea
Surveys are by number of defects reported by new car owners. Mercedes has more than Hyundai straight from the factory. You're living in the 80's when Hyundai's were crappy. Hyundai has the second lowest warranty defect rate of ALL manufacturers product line wide. Your Mercedes has been to the shop for warranty repairs before it's first service! It's not a status symbol anymore (well, in Compton it still is)

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Nope kilr I am not kidding. Actually that is company policy. I think its fair. You can slam it all you want. But after hearing stories. I stand by it 100%. If you choice to walk out that dorr be my guest. I am not twisting your arm to buy anything.
I find it funny that when people come and want to negotiate the price of the boat and you say no and they get all bent and bitter, because they dont want to pay your price. But yet when someone says hey Ill make you a deal. it means there boats a pile. Real funny.
Badass I hope I gave you some good info and advice. If you have anything else you have my cell number.

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Kilr come one please going to an open house? Do you know the time it takes to get the boats ready schdule time to drive to the water run the boat on the water and then drive back and hope you made a sale? Please show some commitment, and Ill do whatever you want. there are also insurance ramifcations also. This isnt hook up and go. My boats are not rigged and will not be rigged for a free boat ride. I am honest with people and I tell them the truth if they dont like it its not my problem. Let some slim ball sales men screw them over. I am not in this buisness to do that. I sell fun thats what its about. This is fun.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Your knowledge of cars is exceeded only by your knowledge of nuclear science. . You're obviously not in the industry. :hammerhea
Surveys are by number of defects reported by new car owners. Mercedes has more than Hyundai straight from the factory. You're living in the 80's when Hyundai's were crappy. Hyundai has the second lowest warranty defect rate of ALL manufacturers product line wide. Your Mercedes has been to the shop for warranty repairs before it's first service! It's not a status symbol anymore (well, in Compton it still is)
You know, I minored in Nuclear science. Actually in compton they are getting copied alot by all the people in ANAHEIM, You know what I mean, Escalade on some dumb ass 24" spinners or is that all of orange county.
Anyways I still would own a Mercedes over a Hyundai, obviously you missed the point being made

bordsmnj
09-06-2004, 07:14 PM
now rio don't get all excited, it wasn't the whole boat from utah sold as new it was just the motor(that formerly had a blower on top) the guy bought thier"demo" boat and was charged to upgrade to the motor he got but it was the one that it origanally had :2purples:

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Kilr come one please going to an open house? Do you know the time it takes to get the boats ready schdule time to drive to the water run the boat on the water and then drive back and hope you made a sale? Please show some commitment, and Ill do whatever you want. there are also insurance ramifcations also. This isnt hook up and go. My boats are not rigged and will not be rigged for a free boat ride. I am honest with people and I tell them the truth if they dont like it its not my problem. Let some slim ball sales men screw them over. I am not in this buisness to do that. I sell fun thats what its about. This is fun.
So what boats are you selling, just curious.
Well I have been to a few companies over the past few weeks and NOT A ONE asked for a deposit, BUT ALL OFFERED A RIDE

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 07:20 PM
now rio don't get all excited, it wasn't the whole boat from utah sold as new it was just the motor(that formerly had a blower on top) the guy bought thier"demo" boat and was charged to upgrade to the motor he got but it was the one that it origanally had :2purples:
That is some funny shit, Jason

Acommanderguy
I sell( head down) family boats and comp wakeboarding boats. Thats what I sell. I hate having to tell a customer who wants to buy boat A. But the boats been on the water. To them it becomes used. So what I like to do is find the boat you liked. Then take them out on that very boat. Not a boat like it.

bordsmnj
So what boats are you selling, just curious.
Well I have been to a few companies over the past few weeks and NOT A ONE asked for a deposit, BUT ALL OFFERED A RIDE
i'm kinda curious too. hell aftershock didn't even think of asking for a deposit and i offered one! is this guy yet another name that the folks at commander are using here on the boards?we can find out yuh now :yuk: :D

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Nothing wrong with those boats, SHIT ski boats are up around 70k now.
and family boats out sell hot rods probably 10 to 1.

bordsmnj
09-06-2004, 07:22 PM
I sell( head down) family boats and comp wakeboarding boats. Thats what I sell. I hate having to tell a customer who wants to buy boat A. But the boats been on the water. To them it becomes used. So what I like to do is find the boat you liked. Then take them out on that very boat. Not a boat like it.
ok, i take it back and apollogize. way more respectable than selling known crap.

wildbillg
09-06-2004, 07:25 PM
I have NOT asked for a DEPOSIT from a cuxtomer BEFORE taking them to the water EVER........(unless im at a boat show)
Ive been doing this for awhile now.
If your looking for a boat Give me a call I might have something that may interest you........... :boxed: :idea: :boxed: :rollside:

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 07:26 PM
i went to lavey craft last week to check out there deck boat and they said they needed to run my credit check first for a water test. They said there was to many people wanting to test there boats on the water and didnt even have the funds to even buy it. But i guess some do and some dont!!

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 07:28 PM
well wild That may be because your right next to lake? I am 20 mins from a lake. But I have never had anyone say no. So Ill keep doing it my way. But I will make ya a helluva a deal. Call me 661-313-0897 my cell The name is Anthony.. There us my rep. I put my name and cell number or the board for all to see.

wildbillg
09-06-2004, 07:32 PM
..................Ok?

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 07:32 PM
ive have seen alot of replys but none from actual owners of both boats.alot of slamming going on .

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 07:34 PM
hey bill outta curiosity are the guy with a mustache and wear glasses? BTW I do want to say that I am not here to promote myself and sell my shop to anyone. I am here because I am a boat owner and I fein the water and speed.

roostwear
09-06-2004, 07:37 PM
You know, I minored in Nuclear science. Actually in compton they are getting copied alot by all the people in ANAHEIM, You know what I mean, Escalade on some dumb ass 24" spinners or is that all of orange county.
Anyways I still would own a Mercedes over a Hyundai, obviously you missed the point being made
I understood your "point" all too well. Unfortunately, your references (and unfounded reply) only reinforce what people felt about the early Hyundais. This does not apply any longer, but as long as there's someone that values status over quality, the old stereotype goes away slower. The automotive industry has changed dramatically in the last 10 ears, and the best example of that has been the turnaround Hyundai has made by stressing quality engineering and production.

wildbillg
09-06-2004, 07:45 PM
me too....
YOU wanted me to post my name and number........
LOL
NOT a big deal
There are several of us that have a mustach and wear glasses.... so Yeap..

Acommanderguy
09-06-2004, 07:47 PM
I have chatted with you a few times at the LA show.

wildbillg
09-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Ill be at the Long beach show this month......
Are you going?

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 07:54 PM
what is the california boat show schedules this your ?

Racer277
09-06-2004, 07:56 PM
I have NOT asked for a DEPOSIT from a cuxtomer BEFORE taking them to the water EVER........(unless im at a boat show)
Ive been doing this for awhile now.
If your looking for a boat Give me a call I might have something that may interest you........... :boxed: :idea: :boxed: :rollside:
Hi Bill,
I was in The Boat Brokers last summer. The salesman said absolutely no test rides without a full credit app for the boat I was interested in. What a pain, but I understood. Actually it worked out better for me, as it insured I was really interested in the boat, no impulse buy.
I didn't fill out the app, thought about the boat, and bought a different one months later from a different co.
R277

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 07:59 PM
I understood your "point" all too well. Unfortunately, your references (and unfounded reply) only reinforce what people felt about the early Hyundais. This does not apply any longer, but as long as there's someone that values status over quality, the old stereotype goes away slower. The automotive industry has changed dramatically in the last 10 ears, and the best example of that has been the turnaround Hyundai has made by stressing quality engineering and production.
I used to date a girl in the 80's with a RODNEY KING CAR and it was always broken, and it was brand new. That is my experience with that car. If Toyota ever would make a REAL truck I would dump my Ford faster than I can blink my eyes. Until then Im stuck with the POS AMERCIAN TRUCKS, and yes I love ford....

roostwear
09-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Your girlfriend owned a true piece of crap. Not to bag on her, but it was true! When I worked at dealers in that period, I made a lot of money off warranty repairs on those piles.
I tow with a Dodge. I love the truck, and will get another one. As far as Fords, personally I don't think they've made one worth a damn since 1970. It pains me to say that because I run a Ford in the boat, and have two (old ones) in the garage.
You probably guessed who I work for........

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:10 PM
I guess I got back just in time. First off kilr has a 21 foot shockwave, he has no clue what a good boat looks like my boat runs fine all thisn talk about commander is a waste, I like the boat and would buy another. Any questions i will take you for a ride

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Ok one reason not to buy a COMMANDER, NO WOMEN ALLOWED
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111550DSC03155-small.jpg

clownpuncher
09-06-2004, 08:16 PM
"Aaannnnd away they go" :p

BADASS38CHEVY
09-06-2004, 08:18 PM
I guess I got back just in time. First off kilr has a 21 foot shockwave, he has no clue what a good boat looks like my boat runs fine all thisn talk about commander is a waste, I like the boat and would buy another. Any questions i will take you for a ride
have you had any service problems with commander ?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:19 PM
you need some more material
but look mrs kilr goes for a ride
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1616DCP_0558-med.JPG
ready for the sausage :lightsabe

ahhell
09-06-2004, 08:21 PM
hes just trying to find the white boys some women :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:23 PM
next you buy a boat why waste you time with a shockski boat a real boat some your lady can ride in the front of the pack not in the back there boot :cry:

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Shit I even let you ride in the front of the pack once in awhile
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1040103.JPG

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Oh wait why were you in that shockwave again, Please do tell..... :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Oh wait why were you in that shockwave again, Please do tell..... :D
because son dum azz who has no clue about offshore throttles started my boat with the starbort motor throttle full open, hay here is the dum azz now hay boot that aint no shockski
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/16162003_0110DRII0020.JPG

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
oooo did we have a working radio, oooo I forgot no radio in shockski :yuk:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:36 PM
if you get another boat dont get offshore throttles they may be to much for you to handle LMAO rookie

C-2
09-06-2004, 08:38 PM
One of my neighbors (who I only wave to) just took delivery of a 28' Commander Cat.
Good looking boat, you might swing by some evening (La Sierra) and chat with him about it. He didn't know they were in bankruptcy...but he got a boat.
I don't think they are in bankruptcy any longer. Heard they dismissed their own case in June.
Doing better or gearing up for a 7?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:41 PM
One of my neighbors (who I only wave to) just took delivery of a 28' Commander Cat.
Good looking boat, you might swing by some evening (La Sierra) and chat with him about it. He didn't know they were in bankruptcy...but he got a boat.
I don't think they are in bankruptcy any longer. Heard they dismissed their own case in June.
Doing better or gearing up for a 7?
I year so much about there BK, they are still in business, how many airlines are in BK right now and people are still flying them. I think people are uninformed

roln 20s
09-06-2004, 08:43 PM
so its more of the rigging ? or the boat ?
The rigging is just one part--its about the overall service you receive. Keith at Conquest has a great rep, one of the best I have talked to, and will treat you right. Conquest has been around awhile, the best deck boat in my opinion, and are definately here to stay. Numerous people on these boards have the Conquest TopCat, and all love it. The eliminator is the "old" conquest mold. Not sure what little changes were made, but certainly nothing huge. You've heard the saying- "often imitated, never duplicated." This is my personal view of Conquest- everyone initates and there are few that compare. Magic would be another to add to this short list. But for my money--its Keith and conquest all the way. When you talk to him, tell him Roln20s said hi.
Roln 20s

bordsmnj
what is the california boat show schedules this your ?
www.scma.com

Kilrtoy
[QUOTE=SHAKE-YO-AZZ]because son dum azz who has no clue about offshore throttles started my boat with the starbort motor throttle full open, hay here is the dum azz now hay boot that aint no shockski
Wait so what you are saying is the CAPTAIN left the throttles fully engaged when he turned the boat off. Sounds like the captain failing to take responsiblity for his actions or lack of correct ones....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Shit I even let you ride in the front of the pack once in awhile
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1040103.JPG
this was the only time I felt safe in this bucket, when we hit the lake outside of crazy horse the shockski was about to sink :eek:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:46 PM
funny thats not your shockski LMAO

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=SHAKE-YO-AZZ]because son dum azz who has no clue about offshore throttles started my boat with the starbort motor throttle full open, hay here is the dum azz now hay boot that aint no shockski
Wait so what you are saying is the CAPTAIN left the throttles fully engaged when he turned the boat off. Sounds like the captain failing to take responsiblity for his actions or lack of correct ones....
no some dum azz was playing speed racer LMAO I know next dam run bring your shockski LMAO and you can beat these guys ONLY if their arms are tired
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/418MVC-443S.JPG

C-2
09-06-2004, 08:53 PM
I year so much about there BK, they are still in business, how many airlines are in BK right now and people are still flying them. I think people are uninformed
Not to bust your chops SYA, but I think it was my neighbor who was uninformed.
Like I said, good looking boat and apparently he had a good transaction. :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Not to bust your chops SYA, but I think it was my neighbor who was uninformed.
Like I said, good looking boat and apparently he had a good transaction. :rollside:
you lost me :confused:

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:00 PM
OK, the sandbox monitor is here what is going on :D

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:04 PM
NOTHING, just a little throw up and a missing rug

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Did somebody ever retrieve either one? Boy news travels fast :D

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:07 PM
I heard a PLYA by PLYA as it was happening

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
That's right I remember now. It was well worth it though. Sunday we were ripping some schit up.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Show us her pic , and dont come up with some excuse

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Show us her pic , and dont come up with some excuse
Actually, I only have one that is good. The speedo cabel snapped and my camera was in the glove box. As you know the speedo is right above the glove. We were hammer down when it snapped. So the camera is soaked.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Snapped in a commander, not good for this thread.....

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Snapped in a commander, not good for this thread.....
I think it was just dried out. Had it fixed in 5 min. and we were hammer down again.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Show us the pics, and did those BIATCHES clean my boat , its for sale now.....

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:30 PM
coming up Kilr

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Show us the pics, and did those BIATCHES clean my boat , its for sale now.....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16172003_0101LD20040003.JPG

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Sweet, but i heard she made a mess in the stabbin cabin YUCKYhttp://www.knuckle-heads.com/smileys/vomit-smiley-008.gif

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Sweet, but i heard she made a mess in the stabbin cabin YUCKY
You know how those newbies are. Gotta train them. Sun and liqour for a newbie= hammered :rolleyes:

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Sweet, but i heard she made a mess in the stabbin cabin YUCKYhttp://www.knuckle-heads.com/smileys/vomit-smiley-008.gif
i think Mel got the pasty pics on his cam. I gottsa to get a new one :D

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:50 PM
I hope she cleaned that mess.... :220v: :p :skull: :crossx:

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Done deal.

FRENCHIE
09-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Come on Frenchie you agreewith almost all the timeEXCEPT on the lakers, but anyways when are we all four of us going togther and party....
DEPOSIT FOR A TEST RIDE, That is like paying to go to and open house :confused: :confused:
I wish he would say where he works so none of us waste our time there by accident, I mean waste his time
At home?? give us a ring!! At the river...looks like OP6 or october 9th weekend...."almos to the dam run!" L.M.K.!!! ;)

PlyaPlya22
09-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Show us the pics, and did those BIATCHES clean my boat , its for sale now.....
I did see a boat in the garage but it wasn't a Shockwave :D

Ziggy
09-07-2004, 02:06 PM
ive have seen alot of replys but none from actual owners of both boats.alot of slamming going on .
Ok. I'll chime in on it.
I have had two Commander Boats...1st one for 10 years, no real issues with the quality and always had good realations with Sy. Sold the boat for only a few hundred less than I originally paid new.(you asked about resale?)
2nd boat I will have had 1 year this week...been perfect outside of one small problem inside my Speedo(hr meter skips). Again, Sy and Steve both have treated me with complete respect. Everything that was promised on my new boat was delivered with a few extras, gratis.
I do not or have not owned a Conquest...But know Keith relatively well as well as the owner of the company. Not a single bad thing to say about them or the boats....I do know that they are fantastic boats and would love to own one one of these days.
In conclusion I say that a few zip ties could be added to most any rigging job but as far as functionality most are rather even.

dicudmore
09-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Ok. I'll chime in on it.
I have had two Commander Boats...1st one for 10 years, no real issues with the quality and always had good realations with Sy. Sold the boat for only a few hundred less than I originally paid new.(you asked about resale?)
2nd boat I will have had 1 year this week...been perfect outside of one small problem inside my Speedo(hr meter skips). Again, Sy and Steve both have treated me with complete respect. Everything that was promised on my new boat was delivered with a few extras, gratis.
I do not or have not owned a Conquest...But know Keith relatively well as well as the owner of the company. Not a single bad thing to say about them or the boats....I do know that they are fantastic boats and would love to own one one of these days.
In conclusion I say that a few zip ties could be added to most any rigging job but as far as functionality most are rather even.
Just wanted to clarify, Keith is a salesman at Conquest, not an owner :idea:
He's still a great guy to buy a boat from :mix:

Ziggy
09-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Just wanted to clarify, Keith is a salesman at Conquest, not an owner :idea:
He's still a great guy to buy a boat from :mix:
Seemed clear to me. :confused:
I know Keith, "as well as the owner(aka Mr.M)". Keith is an exceptional guy and was most enlightening, his expertise seemed well beyond any others I talked with.

dicudmore
09-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Seemed clear to me. :confused:
I know Keith, "as well as the owner(aka Mr.M)". Keith is an exceptional guy and was most enlightening, his expertise seemed well beyond any others I talked with.
woops sorry....
I read your post wrong! I'm working and only half paying attention here....
You're absolutely right. My apologies :cool:

Ziggy
09-07-2004, 03:19 PM
woops sorry....
I read your post wrong! I'm working and only half paying attention here....
You're absolutely right. My apologies :cool:
LOL--no big but you did get me to read it over a few times to make sure I hadn't gone nuts.... :rollside: :squiggle: It wouldn't have been my first F-up, thats for sure :cool:

BajaMike
09-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Anyone have pictures of badly rigged boats???
:messedup:

Mike67rs
09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Dont let zip ties make you spend more than you should. There are some folks on here that swear by zip ties. Look at reputation as well.
If you are looking at 28' Deck boats, I would stick with
Conquest - reputation as one of the best decks in the biz. Been around a while and here to stay.
Eliminator - have the Conquest mold, so you are paying for a Conquest with Eliminator painted on the side.
Magic - Very well rigged and fast with modest power.
These are the only 3 I would choose from.
I would throw Trident in Wes but there arent any yet. ;)
I am with Thor...but i would limit my choices to Magic and Conquest. Choose the Top deck design you like better. Magic has frequent demos days at Havasu. You can schedule a ride with them. My .02 cents, Mike

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Anyone have pictures of badly rigged boats???
:messedup:
ooooooo hell yeah I have some of a badly rigged shockski 21,hay that boat is for sell real cheap :hammerhea

BADASS38CHEVY
09-07-2004, 11:05 PM
just went back to lavey craft today and put a application in will know tomarrow ,on the 28 ft deck boat,120,000 for fully loaded with 525hp all options with duel ram imco,single bimini 4 batterys,imco drive shower,boat cover.water test sometime this week.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-07-2004, 11:07 PM
just went back to lavey craft today and put a application in will know tomarrow ,on the 28 ft deck boat,120,000 for fully loaded with 525hp all options with duel ram imco,single bimini 4 batterys,imco drive shower,boat cover.water test sometime this week.
120 SHIT :confused:

BADASS38CHEVY
09-07-2004, 11:12 PM
yep 120 and is nogosable.these boats are badass no exspense spared,if you look at all of the standard options and compare with everbody else you get alot more of standand options not to many things more to add on for extra options.

XtrmWakeborder
09-07-2004, 11:32 PM
yep 120 and is nogosable.these boats are badass no exspense spared,if you look at all of the standard options and compare with everbody else you get alot more of standand options not to many things more to add on for extra options.
Did you check out eticket's deck...? looks pretty sweet to me

BADASS38CHEVY
09-07-2004, 11:38 PM
yes i did,didnt care for it to much ,kinda plan looking,checked hot boat test in aug 2004 issue same motor 5 mph slower,didnt car for the back seating area.

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-07-2004, 11:45 PM
how about free :D

boatnam2
09-08-2004, 06:29 AM
good call badass.mine is the one at lavey with the orange and gray flames.looked at all three magic, conquest and lavey.all are very nice but decided on the lavey.

BADASS38CHEVY
09-08-2004, 11:47 AM
good call badass.mine is the one at lavey with the orange and gray flames.looked at all three magic, conquest and lavey.all are very nice but decided on the lavey.
hey badass boat !!!! i seen it yesterday in the back with double bimini,kevin is trying to see about finace right now,we are just waiting for the thumbs up,hope it works out .i should know today i hope.i will keep you informed.thanks.

dicudmore
09-08-2004, 01:26 PM
hey badass boat !!!! i seen it yesterday in the back with double bimini,kevin is trying to see about finace right now,we are just waiting for the thumbs up,hope it works out .i should know today i hope.i will keep you informed.thanks.
good luck to ya on the boat deal.
Lavey makes a really nice boat :D
hope it works out for you
-Dan

boatnam2
09-08-2004, 01:45 PM
the one with the bimini was not mine.i fogot mine was a extreme until yesterday.

H20 Toie
09-09-2004, 11:55 AM
I have a Commander boat that i used to take back to them for all service. They fixed the deck when it cracked after the first time out. But when 15 gallons of fuel flooded inside the boat becuase of the screws that held the tanks in fell out and rubbed holes into the tank, They said that they had fixed that problem on the new boats. When i asked why did you not let me know about such a serious problem that i could have had fixed before indangering my family the response was that they can't call everyone and it had only happened to a few boats. (but for only $4500 they would fix it)
There were other problems with the boat over the years but nothing to that extent. The engine and jet have been perfect. Now that i am in the market for a new boat i have been reading the past posts, I found a 2003 Kachina shadow with a Teague motor that looks good but until i get more info i will wait, Sorry that my first post was negative but i would never deal with those people again.

RUCAV
09-09-2004, 01:49 PM
I know its a little late to chime in on the deposit for a test ride thing, but I just saw this thread. Aftershock didnt even mention a deposit on their test ride. Ultra mentioned it a couple of times but ended up not asking for one and made me a great deal on a great boat. The salesmen, Bob Brown from Norco, said they use the deposit to weed out the weenies who want a day on the lake haulin @$$ on the boat company dime, rather than the serious buyer.
Too bad about Commander. Some of the boats in the lot look SWEET from the 91. As always, just my opinion.

nodigg
09-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Okay, another way to look at this issue. I bought a "poorly" (by hot boat posting standards) rigged deck boat almost 6 years ago. There are waves in the gelcoat, it is short on zip ties, and could have been through bolted in important spots to make it longer lasting. All of this means I have no ego status on the water BUT!
I have about 400 engine hours, and maybe 40 times that amount actually using the deck surface. I have over loaded the boat with 16 people and mutiple coolers, water skiied, wake boarded, slammed her too hard in high rollers, slammed too hard into the beach with un-seen rocks scratching the sponsons, drunks/half naked women have invaded and various wedding rings/jewlery scars are to be found. I have loaded all three sponsons with unwanted water and pumped her out and kept on playing. To date I have not had one rigging problem that stopped my fun for the day, (yet). I paid $40,000 less than a comparable Conquest/top end boat, at the time of purchase. After buying I added a Whipple, external steering and numerous other "fun" factor equipment items to further beat the crap out of my "cheap ass boat". Fun Factor=YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWWW!
I have longed for Magic deck for a couple of years now but the horror stories abound of a poor company attitude, (the owner IS the company). Even this would not stop me though if I decided to go with it finally. The builder of my
cheap ass boat took it back after five years and beefed up the gunnels for NO CHARGE! Not under warranty at all! The more you pay, the more you expect of course but I add, the less you pay, the more you can play. Sometimes a guy buys a boat and thinks it is above all and no one can get near it or he freaks out. How you gonna have fun if you dump everything into such an expensive toy? It is a toy! Not a show piece! Oops, off subject.
So in the end, buy what you thinks makes sense/pleases yourself, price vs. value vs. use I say. To hell with Names, buy what makes you happy. Commander great, Conquest great if you got the bucks, why not, Magic, sure I would even with the bad ownership (so I heard).
(By the way, no brag, just case in point, I can buy whatever boat I want to for the river, I choose to keep mine a little longer. :boxingguy :D
No Doubt, I chose a Cheetah!
Let the fighting continue! :lightsabe

hot_diggity_dog
09-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Okay, another way to look at this issue. I bought a "poorly" (by hot boat posting standards) rigged deck boat almost 6 years ago. There are waves in the gelcoat, it is short on zip ties, and could have been through bolted in important spots to make it longer lasting. All of this means I have no ego status on the water BUT!
I have about 400 engine hours, and maybe 40 times that amount actually using the deck surface. I have over loaded the boat with 16 people and mutiple coolers, water skiied, wake boarded, slammed her too hard in high rollers, slammed too hard into the beach with un-seen rocks scratching the sponsons, drunks/half naked women have invaded and various wedding rings/jewlery scars are to be found. I have loaded all three sponsons with unwanted water and pumped her out and kept on playing. To date I have not had one rigging problem that stopped my fun for the day, (yet). I paid $40,000 less than a comparable Conquest/top end boat, at the time of purchase. After buying I added a Whipple, external steering and numerous other "fun" factor equipment items to further beat the crap out of my "cheap ass boat". Fun Factor=YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWWW!
I have longed for Magic deck for a couple of years now but the horror stories abound of a poor company attitude, (the owner IS the company). Even this would not stop me though if I decided to go with it finally. The builder of my
cheap ass boat took it back after five years and beefed up the gunnels for NO CHARGE! Not under warranty at all! The more you pay, the more you expect of course but I add, the less you pay, the more you can play. Sometimes a guy buys a boat and thinks it is above all and no one can get near it or he freaks out. How you gonna have fun if you dump everything into such an expensive toy? It is a toy! Not a show piece! Oops, off subject.
So in the end, buy what you thinks makes sense/pleases yourself, price vs. value vs. use I say. To hell with Names, buy what makes you happy. Commander great, Conquest great if you got the bucks, why not, Magic, sure I would even with the bad ownership (so I heard).
(By the way, no brag, just case in point, I can buy whatever boat I want to for the river, I choose to keep mine a little longer. :boxingguy :D
I find it amazing that I feel the same way as Mr. Nodigg, I could have bought any deck boat made, as price was not an issue.
I also own a Cheetah and have beat the crap out of it too! Most of my passengers will just hand me the loose parts that fell off, LOL.
How to buy a boat from HDD.
#1 buy a boat that you like, and if your married one that your wife loves just as much.
#2 install as much HP as you can afford.
#3 Buy what you can afford.
#4 Forget what others think, they don't make the payments, when they do you can start to listen to them. :hammer2:
I heard over the weekend from a DCB owner that he would NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN and he had one of the sickest one's built to date.
His comment was I'm going to get a Playcraft pontoon next. :eek: :2purples:
Deckboats I would purchase.
Conquest top gun II, Magic, Trident, or a Playcraft pontoon,
HDD :D

OutCole'd
09-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Great Post!!
And just FYI. I am one extremely happy Magic customer, treated great by everyone at Magic including Ron. Nothing but great things to say about them and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great boat.

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:02 PM
No Doubt Glen! Hey where did all the Big Ego guys go? j/k :wink: :argue:

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 03:12 PM
I hate to say it but.....NICE JOB Rick :) Get up off of the floor now and go read the other post about you....lol

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Great Post!!
And just FYI. I am one extremely happy Magic customer, treated great by everyone at Magic including Ron. Nothing but great things to say about them and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great boat.
Good to hear a GOOD story oabout one of my favorite boats! and Thanks! :)

nodigg
09-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I hate to say it but.....NICE JOB Rick :) Get up off of the floor now and go read the other post about you....lolee
HIJACK! where?

dicudmore
09-09-2004, 03:24 PM
I find it amazing that I feel the same way as Mr. Nodigg, I could have bought any deck boat made, as price was not an issue.
I also own a Cheetah and have beat the crap out of it too! Most of my passengers will just hand me the loose parts that fell off, LOL.
How to buy a boat from HDD.
#1 buy a boat that you like, and if your married one that your wife loves just as much.
#2 install as much HP as you can afford.
#3 Buy what you can afford.
#4 Forget what others think, they don't make the payments, when they do you can start to listen to them. :hammer2:
I heard over the weekend from a DCB owner that he would NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN and he had one of the sickest one's built to date.
His comment was I'm going to get a Playcraft pontoon next. :eek: :2purples:
Deckboats I would purchase.
Conquest top gun II, Magic, Trident, or a Playcraft pontoon,
Gentlemen I agree. Let the guy that makes the payment decide which one he likes :cool:

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 03:24 PM
ee
HIJACK! where?
Here: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57547

SHOTKALLIN
09-09-2004, 03:52 PM
i wonder what looks guys give when a Cheetah deck boat flys by them at 80 mph? :jawdrop: maybe they just scratch thier head.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 03:57 PM
i wonder what looks guys give when a Cheetah deck boat flys by them at 80 mph? :jawdrop: maybe they just scratch thier head.
At least by the way :) Funnier than shit to see Rick flying passed these great looking boats with no real guts on em. I tell you I just love to see that look :)

yautzee
09-10-2004, 07:44 PM
I had just taken delivery of my Commander deck boat about three week ago and I love it. I had alot of question in regards to the buss. practice's of Commander. And I went to Si with all my question and he had no problem sitting done and talking to me. and restored my personal confidence.
now Im not saying that Commander is the best boat out there. but it was the right boat for me and my family.also I did not buy this deck boat because
it's the least exspensive boat out there. because it was not.I would just like to say that it seems that Commander is trying.

nodigg
09-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I had just taken delivery of my Commander deck boat about three week ago and I love it. I had alot of question in regards to the buss. practice's of Commander. And I went to Si with all my question and he had no problem sitting done and talking to me. and restored my personal confidence.
now Im not saying that Commander is the best boat out there. but it was the right boat for me and my family.also I did not buy this deck boat because
it's the least exspensive boat out there. because it was not.I would just like to say that it seems that Commander is trying.
Ya' know, if I may be allowed to guess without knowing the facts but from a business owner viewpoint, I think Commander charges a bit less than the "HOT" big names and still puts all the bells and whistles that the big boys do giving the buyer a lot of bang for their buck, which in turn causes Sye (sp?) to have to operate on a tighter margin. Just a possibility to consider. I think Sye is and honest and hard working business man trying to put out a quality product for a fair price and he cannot please every one all the time as no one in business can though if we care we do try.

bordsmnj
09-12-2004, 02:08 AM
let me see the last time rick blew past me i had just mashed my throttle to the stops to find out that there was no contest there. He ran away so fast all i could do was stop real quick and put my seat cusion that was about to blow out back in it's place and catch up to him later. :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
09-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Last week on the way the the Springs when I passed the 25' Eliminator with canopies he tried to catch up so I put the hammer down and just left him.
Never got a chance to se their faces. LOL

Mandelon
09-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Great Post!!
Curbinator! :eat: :D