PDA

View Full Version : Dcb F-29

XtrmWakeborder
09-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey guys i saw this f-29 in Havasu this weekend and was wondering what the things sticking up over the drives were..just for future reference thanks
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1815dcbboat09.jpg

Bre
09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Brings air down to the prop.

WetWillie
09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
No really they are there to get air to the props. Somethings about needing to get air to them to break them loose or something like that!
There was a thread let me look!
WW

Bre
09-06-2004, 08:38 PM
The way I understand it...... the black tubes bring air down to the props causing slippage.... the slippage somehow causes the props to grip.... allowing the drives to handle the power better from the motors
They are only on # 6's

andy01
09-06-2004, 08:42 PM
The way I understand it...... the black tubes bring air down to the props causing slippage.... the slippage somehow causes the props to grip.... allowing the drives to handle the power better from the motors
They are only on # 6's
I think you are close, but they allow the props to break lose and allow the engines to rpm a little more coming on to plan other wise it just bogs the motors down because the props are getting such a big bite of water. But what the hell do I know. HH what's the answer here ole mighty wise ass?
Andy

XtrmWakeborder
09-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys

andy01
09-06-2004, 08:43 PM
I also heard they help with xm radio to.
Andy

Havasu Hangin'
09-06-2004, 08:45 PM
They are only on # 6's
Kinda.
The props are so big, they bog the engine when getting on plane. If you didn't aerate the props, the engines would only turn a couple thousand RPMs...and never get on plane.
When getting on plane, with the aerating tubes, the props break loose, and the engine RPMs come up into a HP range they can work with.

Bre
09-06-2004, 08:46 PM
I think you are close, but they allow the props to break lose and allow the engines to rpm a little more coming on to plan other wise it just bogs the motors down because the props are getting such a big bite of water. But what the hell do I know. HH what's the answer here ole mighty wise ass?
Andy
You just say it better than I do ;)

Havasu Hangin'
HH what's the answer here ole mighty wise ass?
I don't know shit...
...I just read alot on the internet.

Bre
Kinda.
The props are so big, they bog the engine when getting on plane. If you didn't aerate the props, the engines would only turn a couple thousand RPMs...and never get on plane.
When getting on plane, with the aerating tubes, the props break loose, and the engine RPMs come up into a HP range they can work with.

andy01
09-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Kinda.
Gee I couldn't have said it better myself. Jackass
Andy

Havasu Hangin'
09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Gee I couldn't have said it better myself. Jackass
Andy
Who the hell are you?

WetWillie
09-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Andy
Id get his ass for that one!! :hammer2:

andy01
09-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Who the hell are you?
Now what are you going to do bully! Start sending me those threating e-mails again about how big you are? Ha tough guy? Why do you always have to go around beatting everybody up?

andy01
09-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Id get his ass for that one!! :hammer2:
Mind your own damn business, he dosn't need any help being provoced! :frown:

Havasu Hangin'
09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Why do you always have to go around beatting everybody up?
Not everybody.
Just you! :hammerhea
BTW...I still use that line at every OP6C event...

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 09:33 PM
DAMN HH, You are actually pretty smart, most bosses arent

BoatFloating
09-07-2004, 11:22 AM
HH, I hung out with Jim over this past weekend., real nice guy. He knows a friend of mine and after he had another motor problem in his DCB he rode in my buddies AO on Sunday. After he gets in my buddies boat he it breaks a belt. I think Jim is bad luck. I'll tell you that not every DCB owner is happy with Dave. He's got a pretty big list of stuff to be unhappy with. :frown:

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2004, 11:40 AM
He's got a pretty big list of stuff to be unhappy with.
Yeah...I could tell a few stories. :notam:

Speedin' Ian
09-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Why not just tell the stories then? Most people don't seem to have a problem telling stories about all the other manufactures. Plus it will give those of us bored at work something to read. :p

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Why not just tell the stories then? Most people don't seem to have a problem telling stories about all the other manufactures. Plus it will give those of us bored at work something to read. :p
It's not my boat.
You guys know that I never post hearsay... :notam:

Speedin' Ian
09-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Fair enough

BoatFloating
09-07-2004, 12:16 PM
It's not my place or HH to air other peoples laundry.... But let me tell you Jim is a straight shooter and he should have things taken care of....

Charley
09-07-2004, 01:11 PM
It's not my place or HH to air other peoples laundry.... But let me tell you Jim is a straight shooter and he should have things taken care of....
Rocky, did you meet him this weekend?

BoatFloating
09-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Rocky, did you meet him this weekend?
Yeah, he hung out with us this weekend. he said the ride on your old boat sold him on the F29....

UnionJack
09-07-2004, 03:52 PM
jim's boat is the shit.... Just watch the DCB video, when he trims up

Craig
09-07-2004, 04:13 PM
You just say it better than I do ;)
Yeah but you look better :D

Charley
09-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah, he hung out with us this weekend. he said the ride on your old boat sold him on the F29....
Those 300x's loosen up yet?

TOBTEK
09-08-2004, 06:56 AM
HH, I hung out with Jim over this past weekend., real nice guy. He knows a friend of mine and after he had another motor problem in his DCB he rode in my buddies AO on Sunday. After he gets in my buddies boat he it breaks a belt. I think Jim is bad luck. I'll tell you that not every DCB owner is happy with Dave. He's got a pretty big list of stuff to be unhappy with. :frown:
NOT to defend DCB or Mr H himself, Because I dont know the issues he's having with his 29......BUT I personally believe the old saying "theres three sides to every story!" NO ONE's going to say "my boat keeps breaking, because I beat the hell out of it" We truley live in a NO FAULT society! AGAIN, NOT DEFENDING anyone, DCB and I are going around and around right now.....COME ON POCKETS :rollside:

andy01
09-08-2004, 07:10 AM
NOT to defend DCB or Mr H himself, Because I dont know the issues he's having with his 29......BUT I personally believe the old saying "theres three sides to every story!" NO ONE's going to say "my boat keeps breaking, because I beat the hell out of it" We truley live in a NO FAULT society! AGAIN, NOT DEFENDING anyone, DCB and I are going around and around right now.....COME ON POCKETS :rollside:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your just hoping this post saved you another $500 bucks! Gosh Tob......... j/k.
Looks like another hater comes home from the river and wants to be proud of himself for finding somebody to say he's not happy with his DCB. If I had a Carrera with 300's I'd be haten to!! J/k
But really some people look and live for drama, what ever this guy said could or couldn't be true. But some like to bring it up and talk about something that has nothing to do with any of us. I would like to point something out I noticed ...... "He is a stand up guy" & "I meet him this weekend". I'm sure I would know somebody really well too after 6 hours in a boat together.
Dave @ DCB is one of the best people I have delt with and meet, runs one hell of a company! You'll never find everybody to be happy, even if they got everything as promised.
Andy

ADDICTED
09-08-2004, 07:46 AM
jim's boat is the shit.... Just watch the DCB video, when he trims up
Where is this Video at?

Charley
09-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Cmon...gentle on Rocky guys, he's fragile ;) ...seriously though...I've heard this boat has had some issues that were very much DCB's responsibility, but I also agree there are 2 sides to every story and based on the 1 partial side I have heard DCB has made a very commendable effort to be reasonable and fair about the way they have handled the issues. EVERYTIME I see this boat at the river this boat is haulin the mail...I would be too if it was mine ;) ... it's a bitchen boat, but it's over a year old with 100+ hours on it! AT what point does a boat with motors that have a 90 day warranty need to be the owners responsibilty?? I also know of another 29 having issues with 300x's ... That sux too and although it's a mercury part and a mercury issue I think DCB should push the issue to help out the customer... well see
C

Three Days Only
09-08-2004, 08:36 AM
it's a bitchen boat, but it's over a year old with 100+ hours on it! AT what point does a boat with motors that have a 90 day warranty need to be the owners responsibilty??
Once the warranty is over the warranty is over. The 900SC's have a 90 day warranty for a reason, mainly due to the application the motor will be used in. You buy big power, you buy big expensive problems eventually. Its called welcome to the world of high performance boating, when boat is spelled with two TT's
Bust
Out
Another
Ten
Thousand
Speed has its price, and theres alot of zero's attached. Ive been there, it sucks, but you got to pay to play.
I also know of another 29 having issues with 300x's ... That sux too and although it's a mercury part and a mercury issue I think DCB should push the issue to help out the customer... well see
He has definitely had a stroke of bad luck with those motors. At this point DCB should step in with both feet and raise hell with Mercury Racing and get the situation taken care of once and for all. For god sakes the boat has been out twice and broken down both times. Once a lower unit, and the other time a motor, thats not exactly the reputation that Mercury wants out on the water, and im sure the DCB F-29 was not meant for fresh water trolling.
Jeff

Jordy
09-08-2004, 08:48 AM
im sure the DCB F-29 was not meant for fresh water trolling.
Jeff
I think that all changes when the strap those fishin' boat motas on the back. :D

Reaper1
09-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Sounds like the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Charley
09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
He has definitely had a stroke of bad luck with those motors. At this point DCB should step in with both feet and raise hell with Mercury Racing and get the situation taken care of once and for all. For god sakes the boat has been out twice and broken down both times. Once a lower unit, and the other time a motor, thats not exactly the reputation that Mercury wants out on the water, and im sure the DCB F-29 was not meant for fresh water trolling.
Jeff
I spoke with Dave this morning... he is in agreement that this situation sux and he also said he is definitely fighting hard and pulling all the strings to get as much out of mercury as he can... he also said the owners of the boat are really nice people ;)

Bling Bling
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Thank god Tomcats on meds for angziety attacks, cause if he wasn't, knowing him very well, that boat would of been backed through the door at DCB. Take my advice, get him taken care of, or all hell will break out.

BoatFloating
09-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your just hoping this post saved you another $500 bucks! Gosh Tob......... j/k.
Looks like another hater comes home from the river and wants to be proud of himself for finding somebody to say he's not happy with his DCB. If I had a Carrera with 300's I'd be haten to!! J/k
But really some people look and live for drama, what ever this guy said could or couldn't be true. But some like to bring it up and talk about something that has nothing to do with any of us. I would like to point something out I noticed ...... "He is a stand up guy" & "I meet him this weekend". I'm sure I would know somebody really well too after 6 hours in a boat together.
Dave @ DCB is one of the best people I have delt with and meet, runs one hell of a company! You'll never find everybody to be happy, even if they got everything as promised.
Andy
You know Andy if your gonna quote me get it right...... I said he's a "straight shooter" And yes I met him this weekend for the first time but he knows a few people I know and I use that as a judge of character. You DCB guys crack me up. It all has to go back to the fact is my boat is better than yours yada, yada , yada. Well it gets old. If you think that I just bought any boat without first checking things out your nuts. I've met Dave and looked back in 2001 in buying a Mach 26 from him. I didn't because of one thing, how I was treated. I also again tried to work a deal with Dave with some Motor brackets. But I was questioned like I was a enemy of the state or something. Dave wanted his billet guy to ask me if I just got out of jail. And when I talked to Dave he asked me who I was and what I did, what does that have to do with anything. The bottom line is your right there is 2 sides to every story and maybe you should hear the other side before you past judgement on the other side. The question I always ask a owner of a boat is would you buy another one?
Don't be haten because I have a Carrera and you have a DCB J/K..

Havasu Cig
09-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Problems with Mercury outboards, wow that sounds familier :mad:
I'll stick with the Cig. Three years and broken one time, can't beat that. ;)

BoatFloating
09-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Problems with Mercury outboards, wow that sounds familier :mad:
I'll stick with the Cig. Three years and broken one time, can't beat that. ;)
Don't tell me that.... I have 20 hours now and so far (knock on wood) all good.

Havasu Cig
09-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Mine were 2.5's (280 hp) on a Mach 26. I ended up giving the boat back to DCB becaue the thing could not touch water without breaking. I was afraid to drive the thing to far from the launch ramp because I knew it would break. Biggest POS ever!!!

TOBTEK
09-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Don't tell me that.... I have 20 hours now and so far (knock on wood) all good.
I'll send you a P/M on what to keep checking on these X's.....holly shitz! :) love-em but little stuff keeps happending....nothing major, just a pain.

BoatFloating
09-08-2004, 07:07 PM
I'll send you a P/M on what to keep checking on these X's.....holly shitz! :) love-em but little stuff keeps happending....nothing major, just a pain.
Please do.....

Bre
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
You can't share with the whole class or what? :notam:

andy01
09-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Don't be haten because I have a Carrera and you have a DCB J/K..
How about Im just haten cause you have a boat and I don't? And you have two x's............ :lightsabe
It sounded kind of harsh but it wasn't intended that way.
Andy

BoatFloating
09-08-2004, 07:23 PM
How about Im just haten cause you have a boat and I don't? And you have two x's............ :lightsabe
It sounded kind of harsh but it wasn't intended that way.
Andy
Having 2 X's get's expensive.... Like in wifes.. What happened to your boat you sell it.... I deleted my response. I guess mine came off harse too. I feel for Jim he's had a bunch of problems and I would say 90% is Merc's deal...

Bre
09-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Having 2 X's get's expensive.... Like in wifes.. What happened to your boat you sell it.... I deleted my response. I guess mine came off harse too. I feel for Jim he's had a bunch of problems and I would say 90% is Merc's deal...
I read the post :eek: :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I read the post :eek: :wink:
Hehehehe.... :p

HighRoller
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
I heard if you poor Tequila, lime juice and sweet/sour mix down those tubes you get a Margarita....any truth to that rumor? Where do you add the Triple Sec?

Kilrtoy
09-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Ok what is the deal, are these 300's messed up motors or is it just a few bad apples in the whole bunch .....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-08-2004, 10:07 PM
:idea: Mine were 2.5's (280 hp) on a Mach 26. I ended up giving the boat back to DCB becaue the thing could not touch water without breaking. I was afraid to drive the thing to far from the launch ramp because I knew it would break. Biggest POS ever!!!
:idea: :idea: where is my BB :p

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Ok what is the deal, are these 300's messed up motors or is it just a few bad apples in the whole bunch .....
pay attention

Havasu Cig
09-09-2004, 08:58 AM
:idea:
:idea: :idea: where is my BB :p
Yeah no shit, everybody talks about o/b's being reliable but my 500's have been bulletproof. I will stick with the car motors. :wink:

BoatFloating
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
So far so good with me with the 300x's. Hell them 500HP's are exactly bullet proof either. Sounds like your lucky and I'm lucky so far....

new F29
09-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey All, 5 years in a dcb 26, 740 Teague, hungee +, Not a single issue. Just my 2cents. Robert :smile:

Havasu Cig
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
So far so good with me with the 300x's. Hell them 500HP's are exactly bullet proof either. Sounds like your lucky and I'm lucky so far....
My buddy finally broke one of his 500's after 750 hours. Mine are going strong with 150 and I have never heard of any really having problems. I know the earlier ones had some valve spring issues but that is about the only negative I have heard. $hit I bought the 5 year warranty on the motors and drives but i don't think the motors will need it. :cool:

BoatFloating
09-10-2004, 07:56 AM
My buddy finally broke one of his 500's after 750 hours. Mine are going strong with 150 and I have never heard of any really having problems. I know the earlier ones had some valve spring issues but that is about the only negative I have heard. $hit I bought the 5 year warranty on the motors and drives but i don't think the motors will need it. :cool:
Buddy had no problem with his 300 Pro Max's. 450 hours and then decided to hop them up a little then the problems started.

Three Days Only
09-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I heard if you poor Tequila, lime juice and sweet/sour mix down those tubes you get a Margarita....any truth to that rumor? Where do you add the Triple Sec?
Now that was good!!! Nothing but oversized blenders!
LMFAO
Jeff

Havasu Cig
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Buddy had no problem with his 300 Pro Max's. 450 hours and then decided to hop them up a little then the problems started.
I have heard the 300 Pro Max (not the X) is a very reliable motor, and I know of one DCB with alot of hours on a set. The problems I have heard about, and experienced, have been with the X's and newer 2.5's.