PDA

View Full Version : Death at Gasoline Ally this weekend :(

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-06-2004, 10:40 PM
There was a death in GA this weekend. Some guy dove from the rocks and seems to have broken his neck and died. This is all 2nd hand but when we were coming off the lake we saw the ambulances at the dock. From what I understand the guy did not want to jump and his buddies convinced him otherwise. We had left earlier because things were getting a little too hectic and I thought we needed to go. We went uplake a bit and when we came back that is when we saw the emergency crews. I am so glad that we did not have to witness this.
Sad.....Please be careful out there people. Condolences to the family :(

Kilrtoy
09-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Damn that sucks that makes the total 5 for this weekend

PlyaPlya22
09-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Damn that sucks that makes the total 5 for this weekend
Sometimes you gotta go with your gut instinct. Those jumps are seriously dangerous, especially if you are impared. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-06-2004, 10:54 PM
I hear you K.....I don't know of anything else. I had a great weekend hanging with friends and my son. Besides the normal keeping on guard for dumb drivers the weekend couldn't been better. Of course the accidents at LHC and Mohave really put a damper on the weekend :(

Uplink
09-07-2004, 12:37 AM
There was a death in GA this weekend. Some guy dove from the rocks and seems to have broken his neck and died. This is all 2nd hand but when we were coming off the lake we saw the ambulances at the dock. From what I understand the guy did not want to jump and his buddies convinced him otherwise. We had left earlier because things were getting a little too hectic and I thought we needed to go. We went uplake a bit and when we came back that is when we saw the emergency crews. I am so glad that we did not have to witness this.
Sad.....Please be careful out there people. Condolences to the family :(
Again???, wow, thats horrible news. I predict they start blocking off that cove now on holidays. My condolences also.
Mark

FRENCHIE
09-07-2004, 05:12 AM
I hear you K.....I don't know of anything else. I had a great weekend hanging with friends and my son. Besides the normal keeping on guard for dumb drivers the weekend couldn't been better. Of course the accidents at LHC and Mohave really put a damper on the weekend :(
Dude when i read a 55 year old male... i thought it was you!!! :p :p :D j.k. of course!!

Mrs. casean
09-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Very sad... those jumps are dandgerous! I hate watching people jump from the rocks at Copper or anywhere. I just can't watch. If you jump 6 inches in the wrong direction... you could be seriously hurt... just not worth it to me! Sorry for the families and friends to go through this. Extremely sad that he didn't want to do it and was pressured into it... if that is the case :(

rvrpig
09-07-2004, 08:55 AM
the guy whp broke his neck was named erik. He was from down the hill somewhere. I had only met him one other time but he seemed like a great guy from just that one meeting. I was not there this weekend becasue of work...but I do know what happened. I am not sure if her planned a flip or i just started to happen....but after looking like it was going to turn into a belly flop he tried to twist like a stunt man would. He impacted on his neck and it looked pretty bad from what I gather. My buddy then moved his boat over to where he landed to try and help him...since it looked like he might be hurt. By the time my buddy got over there he saw he was not comming over and dove after him. My buddy said he swam down about 20ft or so and Erik was just out of his reach...And I mean JUST OUT OF REACH. He was not able swim down any further and was forced to surface. After that he was beyond reaching. It is not sure if her died from the fall or from being knocked out and drounding. We can only hope it was painless and quick. you will :cry: you will be missed Erik!http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6689next_007also.jpg

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Sad.......

Big Warlock
09-07-2004, 10:04 AM
We left Gasoline Alley right before it must have happened. we had gone to the dam as that was the last day until Memorial Day that you can run past Willow Beach. I have to agree with Tom that it was getting a little crazy in there and so we passed through and then headed out to Katherine's. Plenty of Drama there as well. Someone seriously needs to teach people how to back a trailer into the water! Must be ten lanes and you have people parked all over that ramp!!! LOL Girls were on the boat making drinks and listening to tunes. So everyone remained happy. Sunday got worse, but we spent most of our time in GA. Hung out with some nice people. But there were plenty of crazy people as well. Did anyone get a pic of the Samoan with the daycruiser and the bar b cue in the back? I want a pic of that.
I think I saw you Tom, but didn't know who you were. One thing I have learned, anyone can buy a boat, they don't need to know how to operate that damn thing! I felt a lot better when the 38 foot Fountain tied up next to me and protected my flank from the boats coming in. Seemed like we were always pushing some moron off our boats. And then they started coming over because they didn't bring beer, or drinks, or whatever! LOL They want to tie up but have no ropes, bumpers, etc etc. Things have really changed over the years.
Rob :devil:

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-08-2004, 11:37 AM
We left Gasoline Alley right before it must have happened. we had gone to the dam as that was the last day until Memorial Day that you can run past Willow Beach. I have to agree with Tom that it was getting a little crazy in there and so we passed through and then headed out to Katherine's. Plenty of Drama there as well. Someone seriously needs to teach people how to back a trailer into the water! Must be ten lanes and you have people parked all over that ramp!!! LOL Girls were on the boat making drinks and listening to tunes. So everyone remained happy. Sunday got worse, but we spent most of our time in GA. Hung out with some nice people. But there were plenty of crazy people as well. Did anyone get a pic of the Samoan with the daycruiser and the bar b cue in the back? I want a pic of that.
I think I saw you Tom, but didn't know who you were. One thing I have learned, anyone can buy a boat, they don't need to know how to operate that damn thing! I felt a lot better when the 38 foot Fountain tied up next to me and protected my flank from the boats coming in. Seemed like we were always pushing some moron off our boats. And then they started coming over because they didn't bring beer, or drinks, or whatever! LOL They want to tie up but have no ropes, bumpers, etc etc. Things have really changed over the years.
Rob :devil:
I remember the BBQ boat and may have a pic. I will look tonight and if I have one I will post it.
The Fountain was right by us....at least it seemed like it as big as it was...lol Did you have those girls dancing on your boat on the other side of the Fountain from us?
I had to instruct a friggin moron on a big blue rental barge how to drive away from my boat. Had to sit up front, push him off and give instructions. He looked pretty nervous as he saw he was in over his head.
A bunch of guys came in next to us with no friggin clue at all. They asked to tie up to me and I said no, unless they had an anchor which I knew they did not have. They took about 45 minutes to get their little boat tied to rocks. They were nice but I didn't want that boat banging up against mine alld ay :(.
Went in there Monday and it was very nice. The Corona boat came back in and started getting naked and shiznit. Also took a cruize up to Cottonwood for breakfast and the water was totally flat coming and going. Nice day on the lake :)
Next time just wave me down as I am out there quite a lot and we can have a beer or soda. It is kind of wierd approaching people you may or may not know from some friggin internet stuff.

HOOTER SLED-
09-08-2004, 01:42 PM
I was in GA Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Saturday was definetely one of the busiest days I've EVER spent out there. I was right in the middle of all the action. Sunday started off kinda slow. Got there around 11:30ish or Noon. Then all the sudden it just got packed. I got some decent video and pics. Some pretty up close shit. Alot of stuff went on in boats that were right next to me. Sad about the jumper. Alot of people out there just WAY too drunk to be moving around the boats and the cliffs. I pulled a girl up onto my bow that literally could not stand. I told her to sit down and gave her a water. That lasted for about a minute. My wife and another girl next to us had to walk her back to her boat. Crazy weekend, but we had fun though. I'm sure GA being closed for holiday weekends isn't too far away. Met some cool peeps around us too. I think we might try to make it to OP6. I'm ready for another good weekend of partying. :)

HOOTER SLED-
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
I remember the BBQ boat and may have a pic. I will look tonight and if I have one I will post it.
Went in there Monday and it was very nice. The Corona boat came back in and started getting naked and shiznit. Also took a cruize up to Cottonwood for breakfast and the water was totally flat coming and going. Nice day on the lake :)
Next time just wave me down as I am out there quite a lot and we can have a beer or soda. It is kind of wierd approaching people you may or may not know from some friggin internet stuff.
ShockwaveTom,
I was in there on Monday too. What a difference from the days prior though huh? I was actually able to sit up on the small shore and relax. Which boat were you in again???

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
ShockwaveTom,
I was in there on Monday too. What a difference from the days prior though huh? I was actually able to sit up on the small shore and relax. Which boat were you in again???
I hear you. On Saturday we were in the back to the right as you come in. I tried to stay back a little bit from the Corona boat as I know people mob that thing. We were close enough to see the shows but far away so as not to get too much in the middle. On Sunday we were on left probably half way between the Corona boat and the big jumping rock tied to the side. Pretty close to the big Fountain and the Warlock tied up together. Again, far enough away and close enough. Monday I was back in my normal spot I am usually at in the back on the right. It was just my son and I on Monday and we stayed till dark. There were some funny people there on shore we partied with for a while and gave rides on the boat. They got mad because my stereo was louder than theirs....lol
Here is a pic of my boat again:
http://www.mikesnetworking.net/sitebuilder/images/toms-shockwave-618x462.jpg

HOOTER SLED-
09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah I saw you back there. I was in that blue and white open bow. Did you see that dude on the pontoon boat trying to bang his wife??? I could've passed on the dudes getting naked though. :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-08-2004, 07:01 PM
If that was on Monday I understand he was not sucessful :(. There was a blue and white boat back by us...that wasn't you was it? The lady on that boat got pretty upset and threatened to start shooting a gun because they had little girls with them. Ya, the naked guys....no need for that :(
Where were you at? By the little jumping rock?

LUVNLIFE
09-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Neither me or my wife have ever been into jumping off the rocks. I need to start printing these stories out to show my kids when they get older. I want them around longer than I am. :wink: My kids are just little but I want them to know that jumping is way to dangerous :cool:

77Eliminator
09-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Over the years many have jumped never thinking something like this can happen. It's a sad day for the family and friends. Below is a report from last year look at the stats for 2003
www.nps.gov/lame/station/news/030614.html

Big Warlock
09-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Tom:
Yep, that was my girls getting crazy and dancing on the back of the boat. LOL My girlfriend wasn't dancing as much as the boat next to us and her friends. They all had a good time. People watching was much more entertaining. The Fountain was a 38 and had twice the freeboard of the Warlock. Warlock is just under 30 foot and looked small compared to the Fountain. The Fountain owner, Duane?, was a really nice guy and had a hard time keeping jetskiis and Seedoos away from our boats as they kept trying to come in to see the girls. None of them knew how to drive. And I love the answer to whenever they get in trouble with their vessel........throttle!!!!! Jeeesh. Next time I will stop and say hello. Do you keep your boat there locally?
Rob

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2004, 08:40 AM
If that was on Monday I understand he was not sucessful :(. There was a blue and white boat back by us...that wasn't you was it? The lady on that boat got pretty upset and threatened to start shooting a gun because they had little girls with them. Ya, the naked guys....no need for that :(
Where were you at? By the little jumping rock?
Yeah I heard some of those ladies comments, they were funny. We were the other blue boat by the jumping rock. Yup, that dude couldn't get it up. He swam over to us to give my wife beads, cause his wife liked her boobs. He said he already banged her like 10 times and she kept wanting more. There sure are some funny people out there. :D

Midlife Advantage
09-09-2004, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=SHOCKWAVETOM]There was a death in GA this weekend. Some guy dove from the rocks and seems to have broken his neck and died. This is all 2nd hand but when we were coming off the lake we saw the ambulances at the dock. From what I understand the guy did not want to jump and his buddies convinced him otherwise. We had left earlier because things were getting a little too hectic and I thought we needed to go. We went uplake a bit and when we came back that is when we saw the emergency crews. I am so glad that we did not have to witness this.
Sad.....Please be careful out there people. Condolences to the family
:jawdrop: I was feeling nervous and then Tom commented on it, we both felt like it was getting crazy and we should go. I guess we couldn't have stopped it, but I will now listen to my gut even more. I hate being where the "anyone can buy a boat" people are for too long...

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Neither me or my wife have ever been into jumping off the rocks. I need to start printing these stories out to show my kids when they get older. I want them around longer than I am. :wink: My kids are just little but I want them to know that jumping is way to dangerous :cool:
Not a bad idea

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah I heard some of those ladies comments, they were funny. We were the other blue boat by the jumping rock. Yup, that dude couldn't get it up. He swam over to us to give my wife beads, cause his wife liked her boobs. He said he already banged her like 10 times and she kept wanting more. There sure are some funny people out there. :D
I know who you are now...Your wife was in the florescent bathing suit :) Nice looking woman HS! Banged her 10 times in one day...highly unlikly HS. He was probably blowing his own horn. I heard them yelling at your wife for a long time....lol

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Tom:
Yep, that was my girls getting crazy and dancing on the back of the boat. LOL My girlfriend wasn't dancing as much as the boat next to us and her friends. They all had a good time. People watching was much more entertaining. The Fountain was a 38 and had twice the freeboard of the Warlock. Warlock is just under 30 foot and looked small compared to the Fountain. The Fountain owner, Duane?, was a really nice guy and had a hard time keeping jetskiis and Seedoos away from our boats as they kept trying to come in to see the girls. None of them knew how to drive. And I love the answer to whenever they get in trouble with their vessel........throttle!!!!! Jeeesh. Next time I will stop and say hello. Do you keep your boat there locally?
Rob
Yes, I keep my boat at the house I have in the Sunridge area up the hill from Camp Davis.
People watching was what we were doing and those friggin Seedoos were a little much. I kept watch all day but when that damn renta blue party barge was almost banging into us I really sprung into action :(.
We will have to have a beer out there. You going to the Almost to the Dam Run? Be some nice boats out there. Try to get that Fountain if you can.
Tom

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=SHOCKWAVETOM]There was a death in GA this weekend. Some guy dove from the rocks and seems to have broken his neck and died. This is all 2nd hand but when we were coming off the lake we saw the ambulances at the dock. From what I understand the guy did not want to jump and his buddies convinced him otherwise. We had left earlier because things were getting a little too hectic and I thought we needed to go. We went uplake a bit and when we came back that is when we saw the emergency crews. I am so glad that we did not have to witness this.
Sad.....Please be careful out there people. Condolences to the family
:jawdrop: I was feeling nervous and then Tom commented on it, we both felt like it was getting crazy and we should go. I guess we couldn't have stopped it, but I will now listen to my gut even more. I hate being where the "anyone can buy a boat" people are for too long...
It's scary Tim....sometimes we think the same :). Always trust your gut my man.

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I know who you are now...Your wife was in the florescent bathing suit :) Nice looking woman HS! Banged her 10 times in one day...highly unlikly HS. He was probably blowing his own horn. I heard them yelling at your wife for a long time....lol
Yep, that was her. Thanks S.T.. Yeah we had the hootin and hollerin all weekend. You can't miss them boobies. They were probably yelling so much when she flashed them. Doesn't bug me though. I kinda like it. And I know she does. That's my Milfy. I should start describing her from now on instead of the boat, maybe then most people will remember. :D :D You going to OP6?? I think we're gonna make it out there, hopefully.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Yep, that was her. Thanks S.T.. Yeah we had the hootin and hollerin all weekend. You can't miss them boobies. They were probably yelling so much when she flashed them. Doesn't bug me though. I kinda like it. And I know she does. That's my Milfy. I should start describing her from now on instead of the boat, maybe then most people will remember. :D :D You going to OP6?? I think we're gonna make it out there, hopefully.
Thats funny....Ya, I will be out there for OP6 with my normal crew for one last fling. After that I am trading em all in :)
By the way...could you hear my stereo when I pumped it up :)

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Thats funny....Ya, I will be out there for OP6 with my normal crew for one last fling. After that I am trading em all in :)
By the way...could you hear my stereo when I pumped it up :)
Cool, maybe we'll see ya out there. I meant to tell you that your stereo sounded good from where I was. It had that good big hollow sound and it was real clear. And we weren't real close either. I can't wait to hook mine up MORE. It sounds pretty decent for what it is though. We like our music loud. The old lady always likes to shake her thang, so a big stereo is a must.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Cool, maybe we'll see ya out there. I meant to tell you that your stereo sounded good from where I was. It had that good big hollow sound and it was real clear. And we weren't real close either. I can't wait to hook mine up MORE. It sounds pretty decent for what it is though. We like our music loud. The old lady always likes to shake her thang, so a big stereo is a must.
lol...we will see ya out there HS....

nodigg
09-09-2004, 04:13 PM
lol...we will see ya out there HS....
Well, I called you to see how the weekend went, guess I know now!

rvrpig
09-10-2004, 12:20 PM
got the results of the autopsy today....I guess cause of death was labeled DROWNING. But the label most water accidents that way. No broken neck like previously thought. Guess he was knocked out and sank to the bottom.
Guess it can happen to any one any where..............

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
got the results of the autopsy today....I guess cause of death was labeled DROWNING. But the label most water accidents that way. No broken neck like previously thought. Guess he was knocked out and sank to the bottom.
Guess it can happen to any one any where..............
Again, sorry to hear about this. Would have been terrible to see :(