PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lice Problems....

Some Kind Of Monster
09-07-2004, 08:16 PM
I had a skier fall down on Bartlett this weekend. My flagman put the flag up and I turned back to pick my guy up. Here comes a jet ski pulling a tuber right at my skier. The driver was looking backward at his tuber until he heard me gun my boat right at him to keep him from hitting my guy. He turned just in time. He then ran my ski rope over and thankfully his POS didn't suck it up. It wasn't until I called him every name and obsinity that I could think of, and went to beat the hell out of him that I realized he was only about 12 years old. I pulled my guy in and we took off to blow off steam. I came back and found the kid and his mother. By the rights I should have yelled at her for letting her kid drive that thing, but instead I calmly told him why I was pissed and what he did wrong. He looked right through me and his mom didn't say a word... She knew I was pissed. He could have killed my skier, I could have killed him by putting my boat between him and my skier, we could have damaged both my boat and his ski, my rope was almost toast, and the kid didn't even get the point. About an hour later I saw him going the wrong way on the lake and looking backwards again. Some people just don't get it. Later we pulled out at the same time and it took everything I had to keep from :hammer2: his father. How could you let your kid go on that thing knowing that he doesn't know what the hell he is doing?

BajaMike
09-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Where was this??...everywhere I know of you have to have an observer when u have a skier.
And you are right...the lake lice are really a problem...even the adults seem to aim at you on the lake.
:hammerhea

Dr. Eagle
09-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Where was this??...everywhere I know of you have to have an observer when u have a skier.
And you are right...the lake lice are really a problem...even the adults seem to aim at you on the lake.
:hammerhea\
I agree there is a problem, but it isn't the jet skis. Kinda like the "suv runs over man, film at 11" stuff. The problem's the operators, there really needs to be some sort of license or certification required. I think that applies to all boats though, after seeing the yahoos on Berryessa this weekend. Drivers doing the same thing, looking behind with tubers on , not watching where they are going. Makes it really hard for the boaters like myself paying attention to figure out what they are going to do next.

Some Kind Of Monster
09-07-2004, 08:38 PM
:hammerhea
Bartlett lake Arizona.. The sheriff is never around when you need him. He had an observer (his 9 year old sister)... and decided that he had to watch the fun so he must have put that thing on autopilot. There was another incident earlier as well. I was following a boat with a skier at a reasonable distance with jet skis on my right, left, and on my wake. Well the skier went down and I couldn't turn anywhere so I shut it down.. Could have been a bad situation as well.
...And even before that I had one pull in front me when I was making a full speed pass. I missed her by 15 feet at WOT.

Boatcop
09-07-2004, 08:46 PM
This is the type of story I love. Especially for us Arizoniacs.
Write, call, email, whatever, your state Senator and Representative and tell him (her) that 12 is way too young to be allowed to operate a boat. (as is allowed under current law) Relay this story to them.
I'll be lobbying all the folks on Capitol Hill in Phoenix, and will probably spend a lot of time up there next session. I need all the help I can get from the boaters of the State to back me on this.
You have to be 16 to operate one of those 2 wheeled sedgway personal mobilty devices that has a top speed of 12 MPH. But can be 12 to operate a 70 MPH PWC with no brakes. Stop the insanity, and let's get the age bumped up to 16.

Keithb87
09-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Did'nt your Horn work????
I think we need to mount Gatlin Guns on the Monster .... :D
With Heat seeking lasar guidance.. and a cool switch on the dash that opens up the bow and the gun raises hydralicly(sp). :D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
09-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Keith:
I was in the Tominator.. And Taylor knows how to take a boat blow and is partially brain dead already if you know what I mean.
Alan:
Keep me updated. I will try to find some time to write another letter (Already sent a couple on the noise issue) on the issue. That situation was total BS and I know that kid will be out there doing the same thing next weekend.
-Billy-

Some Kind Of Monster
09-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Dr E.:
You're very right. I didn't mean to come off as saying that it's the jet skis that are the problem. I know it's the operator and Alan is right, something needs to be done because there has to be people getting hurt from these issues.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Now you could of gave them a little rooster :D :D then they would of saw you.
I am a pwc rider but i always look out and slow down for skiers. But then again I am different than most of them(I do supermans on mine :D :D )
Its just like drunk boaters..............You can punish everyone for the small amount of idiots;)
Boatcop, that is a great idea. I dont even go near kis on pwc's. They scare me :sqeyes: