PDA

View Full Version : The Refuge in LHC

Havasu1986
12-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Does anybody have any input on the refuge development or know there web site. I'm thinking of selling my house above the high school and buying a lot and building a home there. I heard they were having problems there with building on blow sand.

Kilrtoy
12-15-2005, 06:59 PM
yes it was built on th elandfill and it is also built up on sad, Iguess youcould say liquafaction(SP). I was warned by all Havasu residents TO NOT BUY THERE

TCHB
12-15-2005, 07:07 PM
If you drive through the area it looks great but it also looks like it could have problems. It is built on a big sand dune which seems unstable but I have also seen homes on beaches that do ok. Yes they do have sand blowing through out that area.

uvindex
12-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Does anybody have any input on the refuge development or know there web site.This is the developer's site: http://www.siennacorp.com/therefuge/index.html :)

atomickitn
12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
sand! you can build on sand i just finished building the hermosa beach pier life gaurd tower, and public resrooms.............................in the sand, three stories , and a s** :rollside: t load of concrete

riverrunner
12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
There are going to be some pretty pissed off rich people if they start having problems. Isn't the Refuge like the most expensive place in Havasu? I know I couldn't even get through the gate the one time i tried to check it out. Not like I have the money to buy there, just wanted to see how the other 1/2 lives.

Kachina26
12-15-2005, 09:55 PM
yes it was built on th elandfill and it is also built up on sad, Iguess youcould say liquafaction(SP). I was warned by all Havasu residents TO NOT BUY THERE
You drinkin' kilr?

LHC30Victory
12-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I also heard about some sort of sand fly that lives, no, THRIVES there! Any truth to that????

Kilrtoy
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
You drinkin' kilr?
I wish, crappy keyboard and not checking the spelling..... :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:

LHC30Victory
12-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Skool Kopps dunt knead 2 now hou to spil :rolleyes:

framer1
12-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Do you know of any specific houses or is it just rumors flying around. I do own a lot in there, they seem to to building alot of houses there now. It seems if there was a problem they would have stop building there by now. I asked some realtors about that rumor and they had never heard of the problem. I'm thinking of building there in the near furture I hope the rumors are false :notam:

mike37
12-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Do you know of any specific houses or is it just rumors flying around. I do own a lot in there, they seem to to building alot of houses there now. It seems if there was a problem they would have stop building there by now. I asked some realtors about that rumor and they had never heard of the problem. I'm thinking of building there in the near furture I hope the rumors are false :notam:
Bruce do you really think that they would tell you if there was a problem
you know how they are its all about the money
you should have kept your house by Darell

shadow
12-16-2005, 06:25 AM
Bruce,i'm thinking this may be more rumor than truth.They are building away in the refuge and hasn't seemed to slow down.Maybe they had a problem with a foundation or two in the begining and thats how these rumors got started.Shit look at all the houses on beaches & deserts,I'm sure it's not an issue if it's done properly.

shadow
12-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Bruce do you really think that they would tell you if there was a problem
Mike,I put a deposit on a Rhino Yesterday and should have it in the next week or so.The Refuge is only about 1/2 mile from me :D

framer1
12-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Bruce,i'm thinking this may be more rumor than truth.They are building away in the refuge and hasn't seemed to slow down.Maybe they had a problem with a foundation or two in the begining and thats how these rumors got started.Shit look at all the houses on beaches & deserts,I'm sure it's not an issue if it's done properly.
That's the story i'm getting. It sure doesn't look like building out there has slowed down.

framer1
12-16-2005, 06:30 AM
Mike,I put a deposit on a Rhino Yesterday and should have it in the next week or so.The Refuge is only about 1/2 mile from me :D
Congratulation, I have a gate opener for the Refuge I can lend you :D

framer1
12-16-2005, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE=mike37]Bruce do you really think that they would tell you if there was a problem
Do you have to keep bringing that up :cry: Hell, I'll just stay at Darrell instead :)

shadow
12-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Congratulation, I have a gate opener for the Refuge I can lend you :D
Glof course & Rhino :idea: :D
OK.

OGShocker
12-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Glof course & Rhino :idea: :D
OK.
Shouldn't you be at the gym?
Good morning!

shadow
12-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Shouldn't you be at the gym?
Good morning!
Winter schedule-switched from AM to eve's.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-16-2005, 08:37 AM
As Shadow has explained this all may be rumor but this is what I have heard about the Refuge. I heard the problem was with 4 houses and that they were sinking but have been corrected. I also heard that the golf course which was once going to be all private only open to Refuge homeowners, for a hefty membership fee of course, has since been opened to either a semi-private or full public course since they only sold something like <30 memberships. Again, this is what I have heard so take it for what it is worth to you.