PDA

View Full Version : This just in from the RNC

OGShocker
09-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Sorry for the C&P but, snip, snip, snip.
To: Bush-Cheney '04 Grassroots Team
From: Ed Gillespie, Republican National Committee Chairman
Subject: Brace Yourselves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response to President Bush's Agenda for America's Future and a critique of his policies and Senate record, Senator Kerry's campaign is implementing a strategy of vicious personal attacks against the President and Vice President.
The campaign is bringing in a bevy of former Clinton henchmen, including CNN commentators James Carville and Paul Begala. In August alone, Begala called President Bush a "gutless wonder," said he has a "lack of intelligence," and called Vice President Cheney a "dirt bag." Carville said the President is "ignorant big time" and said "George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are a couple of nobodies."
It's not like Bob Shrum needed encouragement to engage in personal attacks. At a Kerry rally Friday morning in Ohio, campaign surrogate John Glenn compared the Republican Convention to a Nazi rally, and Kerry called the President unfit to lead our nation and once again sought to divide the country by who served and how 35 years ago.
Of course, the President was called a "cheap thug," a "killer" and a "liar" at a Kerry-Edwards campaign event in New York, Mrs. Kerry has called the President's policies "unpatriotic" and "immoral" and DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe falsely accused the President of being AWOL.
Democratic strategist Susan Estrich outlined the strategy last Wednesday in a column warning Republicans to "watch out." "I'm not promising pretty," she wrote before going on to call President Bush and Vice President Cheney alcoholics, then ask "is any alcoholic ever really cured?" ("I can see the ad now.") She deems the President's service as a National Guard fighter pilot "draft dodging," and says, "a forthcoming book by Kitty Kelly raises questions about whether the President has practiced what he preaches on the issue of abortion." (Interestingly, the New York Daily News reported back in February that the Kerry campaign intended to spread such a rumor in pro-life chat rooms late in the campaign.)
So the former Dukakis campaign manager has an advance copy of Democrat donor Kitty Kelly's book, which promises to throw unsubstantiated gossip at President Bush in the same way she falsely maligned the late President Reagan as a date rapist who paid for a girlfriend's abortion and wrongly castigated Nancy Reagan as an adulterer who had an affair with Frank Sinatra. A recent story says Kelly's book alleges President Bush used cocaine at Camp David while his father was President, which is as credible as her story that then Governor and Nancy Reagan smoked marijuana with Jack Benny and George and Gracie Burns.
And tonight on CBS, longtime Democratic operative Ben Barnes-a friend of, major contributor to and Nantucket neighbor of Senator Kerry's and vice chair of the Kerry Campaign--will repudiate his statement under oath that he had no contact with the Bush family concerning the President's National Guard service. (Anyone surprised that Barnes would contradict a statement he made under oath probably doesn't know his long history of political scandal and financial misdealings.)
So brace yourselves. Any mention of John Kerry's votes for higher taxes and against vital weapons programs will be met with the worst kind of personal attacks. Such desperation is unbecoming of American Presidential politics, and Senator Kerry will pay a price for it at the polls as we stay focused on policies to continue growing our economy and winning the War on Terror.

HM
09-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately, smear campaigns work pretty well.
Fortunately, the smear campaign potential for Kerry is quite large and he may get exactly what he wished for.
Nader will make things fun as well.

Dave C
09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
this is going to get ugly. :supp:
I always say that someone has already lost the argument when you have to resort to name calling.

MagicMtnDan
09-09-2004, 10:39 AM
It already is ugly. James Carville is a hired Democratic gun who is very effective at dirty politics.
You'll see they've already started going after Bush on his National Guard duty. The venom is flowing.
I wonder if Kerry will step forward like Bush did and denounce this as a non-issue and call for it to stop. Uh, no, he won't. He's in panic mode - his campaign is falling apart and losing any momentum it already had.
I can't wait for Bush to be re-elected so these snakes (don't forget the other big one - Al Gore) go back into the holes. :yuk:

Havasu Cig
09-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Bush was trying to get past the military questions from the past from both he and Kerry. I say now that Kerry does not want to drop it go for the throat. I would expose all that I could about Kerry's bullshit stories from Vietnam as well as his stances that he took when he returned.
Kerry does not want to focus on the issues because of his voting record and his lack of plan for the future. All he can say is I will be better than Bush. Well how about telling us how you are going to do it?
Kerry is a ****ing joke.

eliminatedsprinter
09-09-2004, 12:43 PM
It's already starting. They have another stupid slogan around the letter W. It's moronic, but it may help them get that portion of their base that's too dumb to figure out a butterfly ballot out to the polls.

Jeanyus
09-09-2004, 01:15 PM
If the initial W in Bushes name stands for wrong does the initial F in Kerrys name stand for f**ked up.

09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
We should demand Kerry sign Form 180 releasing his military records. Then we can read the truth of his B.S. military service. Since they are digging deep to expose what little dirt they may find on Bush we should dig deeper to expose what a liar and fraud Kerry really is....But I doubt the Networks will run anything the GOP finds.