PDA

View Full Version : ming fling?

bp
09-09-2004, 09:14 AM
the ming fling is now two weeks away, 9/25-26. who will be coming out to river race? two weeks goes by quickly..
then it's time to go out on the rope :eek:

cyclone
09-09-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm in. just have to borrow ballistic shorts from somebody between now and then. I've got everything else. Bob- where is a cheap place to stay near the track?

hack job
09-09-2004, 10:07 AM
hey bud we are still trying to get that rv hook up done give us a couple more days :cool:

cyclone
09-09-2004, 11:25 AM
oops my bad. just covering my bases in case that doesnt work out.

Jeanyus
09-09-2004, 11:52 AM
I'll be there, I have a room that overlooks the lake.Should I get there on thursday? Was not able to round up any safety gear, hopeing to borrow some.
Will this ignition kill switch work ?
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/525-301104-sm.jpg

bp
09-09-2004, 12:24 PM
I'll be there, I have a room that overlooks the lake.Should I get there on thursday? Was not able to round up any safety gear, hopeing to borrow some.
Will this ignition kill switch work ?
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/525-301104-sm.jpg
mike, i understand there is a 6 somewhere closeby, but i've not stayed there. when i'm in a motel, it's usually on real avenue in b'field. only takes about 15 minutes to get to the track from there in the morning. i'll be in the portable motel this race.
ron, that kill switch will work real good if you've swapped over to a magneto. that switch is designed to close a ground circuit when the plastic is pulled. you need a switch that opens the power supply (unless you're running a mag) to the ignition. the merc switch works real well, but rex's kill switch page doesn't seem to be alive. mebbe call rexone and see if he can send you one real quick.

bp
09-09-2004, 12:33 PM
eddie has a picture of it. the one on the left, not the one on the right.
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/catalog.asp?CategoryID=55&CategoryName=Kill+Switches

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Ill be there i just need to install a kill switch and a rope deflecter.Do you have to run blower restraints also and what about a flywheel cover?

cyclone
09-09-2004, 12:35 PM
djd-no on the blower restraints for the River Racer class. I think you do need a flywheel cover though.

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Sweet thanks mike.

Jeanyus
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Just ordered one of these from CP it will be here in 2 days.
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/525-368100-sm.jpg

cyclone
09-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Danny- I went back and looked at the rule book and you might need the restraints. I'd call Don Jones to find out for sure, but the rule book says that all blown fuel jets, blown and injected jets, blown alcohol jets and screw type blowers must run restraints. If you are blown on regular gas, I dont think you need the restraints. I didnt run them the last time but I just run 91 octane in my boat and not race gas. It also says that all blown fuel, blown alchohol, blown-injected boats must have a fuel shut off near the driver.
Again, i didnt run one since i was just running blown gas.
go to www.njbaracing.net to check the rulebook for yourself. I found the info on page 16
Oh yeah, if you're blown and running over 100 mph, you need a ratchet or pop-off too.
Hope if works out for ya.

moneysucker
09-09-2004, 01:07 PM
I have the one that was said to be for a magneto. it comes with a metal insert also for regular ignition. It can be set to make or break the connection. If you are buying one, get the round one. it is a little more money but way better than the in line two ball one. the ball one will crack the plastic and start giving a bad connection. I am switching mine out for the mercury switch. I would love to come out but Rubber Duck is getting married and I am in the wedding so I am out. I should be too hung over to go on sunday also.

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Mike i keep getting a blank page when i look at it where else can i get the info i need.Thanks for the help.If i need all the stuff you are saying i doubt ill make it then.There is no way i can get a pop-off valve or a jet away by then.I have the restraints thats not a problem and the fuel shut off would not be a problem either.

cyclone
09-09-2004, 01:26 PM
I would call them. They may let you get away without some of the parts in the RR class. I'm not sure. When my boat went through tech inspection, the guy only asked me questions about my jacket and helmet. He looked over the boat but didnt ask me about blower restraints or the ratchet.
If the page is coming up blank it might be because you dont have Adobe Acrobat reader on your compouter. It only takes a min. to download the reader and then you'll be able to read the page. I tried to cut and paste the info but it wouldnt let me.

cyclone
09-09-2004, 01:41 PM
one more thing that i nearly missed my first time to the track. you need a working throttle return spring. i found mine at home depot. :smile:

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Mike i was reading the rules and they say all jets running over 100 need a ratchet device.I think mine only runs 99.5 or 9 if it runs over 100 at the races what happends?Everything else is totaly doable but not the jet away right now.$$$$$$

cyclone
09-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure if they'd boot you off the track or not. The race director will give you an orientation before qualifying. During my orientation, Don Jones never asked me how fast my boat was. You're best bet is to get a numer from the website and call. It would suck to drive all the way there and not get to run or get booted after one pass.

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Thats what i was thinking.I will call them and se what they say.Are you running a jet away?Where did you get yours and what did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

cyclone
09-09-2004, 02:11 PM
I do have a jet-a-way on my boat. it works real good and kept my boat running straight everytime i had to shut down at high speeds. I got mine used though for about $350 bucks and then had it rebuilt to make sure it worked properly. I think i have about $500 into it total. A new one goes for about a grand i think. they are not cheap but definately worth the investment when the time comes.

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Ya Chris ragged on me about getting one and i guess now i need to.Isnt it Duane that has a used one for sale now and again?

Bense468
09-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Danny quit pretending you know computers. Just ask someone to help you LOL.
click here and download this. Then see if you can read the page
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Click here for used parts from Duane
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Usedparts.HTM
Click here for jetaway info
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/JETAWAY_FLYER.bmp
Main page with number
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/

565edge
09-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Djd do you still need to borrow my lifeline stuff?If not it is available if anybody needs it.I also have a garage if somebody breaks and needs to pull a all nighter.Make sure you get a kill switch for the mercury application and not a magneto.

565edge
09-09-2004, 02:45 PM
I also think the v-drive club is running.I know last time they let them get away with some tech stuff.

GM Killer
09-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Im there. Time to see what it will do!!!
Any guesses at what it will do first time out, besides float?

sdpm
09-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Here are some answers to some of the questions posted about the Ming Fling. No blower restraints if you are running gas(carbs or injected). If you by chance run over 100mph they will not kick you out but you will have to have either a rachet or popoff valve if you want to run at any other event(another race).You must pass tech! Go to the NJBA website to view rules. Safety is the main priority!! This is a (1) time only race for the people that want to try it and see if it is something they would like to do without spending alot of money. You can truely see what your boat runs and get alot of ideas and ask alot of questions and learn. It is alot of fun!!!! If you have any more tech questions or general ones as well Don Jones said you can feel free to call him @ (562) 421-6107. See ya

Cs19
09-09-2004, 06:21 PM
I will be there. This weekend is already dedicated to getting the boat ready for it.
DJD dont be a flake, all you need is a rope deflector, flywheel cover and kill switch and your all set. Let me know if you need a hand with any of that stuff.

77charger
09-09-2004, 08:01 PM
djd-no on the blower restraints for the River Racer class. I think you do need a flywheel cover though.
if runnin alcohol or injected you need them.carbs you are fine

Willis
09-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Hello every one,
The blower restraints are required on engines using injectors. If you are running carburetors, no restraints needed.
BLOWN BOATS
1. All blown-injected motors are required to have blower restraints. All
blown fuel motors are required to utilize an SFI 14-2 approved restraining device. All blown alcohol motors will be required to utilize an SFI 14-1 approved restraining device. All blown motors utilizing a screw type blower are required to utilize an SFI 14.21 approved restraining device regardless of type of fuel used. All screw type blowers are restricted to the amount of overdrive used and must meet SFI spec 34.1 construction standards. For construction standards and overdrive percentages, contact the Tech Department. This restraining device must be in place at all times when the motor is running.
2. All blown, injected, or fuel boats must have a fuel shut off valve controllable from along side or in front of driver. The valve shall be located between the main fuel pump and the injectors. :jawdrop:
Willis

djdtpr
09-09-2004, 08:31 PM
565 i will definatly need the stuff you have i just hope its big enough as i have put on a few pounds!The kill switch i need i am unsure of i am runninng a mag.
Mike thanks for all the help earlier.
Bense i realy dont know how to use this stupid puter.I couldnt fake it that good.
Chris i may run up to mpd and pick up the rope guard next week and call lightning for the flywheel cover thanks for offering the help.You must really want the 500 huh.
SDPM and 77 Charger thanks for clearing that up for me i was alittle bummed out after this afternoon.

steelcomp
09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I'll be there, hangin at JB alley. You can find a great kill switch at Boater's World or West Marine, or most other marine stores. I have the one for Lake Lice (basically universal...only one they had)...but it works just fine. Works for both connect and disconnect. If you have an electric fuel pump, I'd suggest it's wired in with the kill sw. (Not mandatory...just a good idea)
Nice campgrounds at the lake, too.

sdpm
09-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Hello every one,
The blower restraints are required on engines using injectors. If you are running carburetors, no restraints needed.
BLOWN BOATS
blown fuel motors are required to utilize an SFI 14-2 approved restraining device. All blown alcohol motors will be required to utilize an SFI 14-1 approved restraining device. All blown motors utilizing a screw type blower are required to utilize an SFI 14.21 approved restraining device regardless of type of fuel used. All screw type blowers are restricted to the amount of overdrive used and must meet SFI spec 34.1 construction standards. For construction standards and overdrive percentages, contact the Tech Department. This restraining device must be in place at all times when the motor is running.
2. All blown, injected, or fuel boats must have a fuel shut off valve controllable from along side or in front of driver. The valve shall be located between the main fuel pump and the injectors. :jawdrop:
Willis
Hi Willis, according to Don which I talked to yesterday he said that unless you are running alc or fuel(nitro) you don,t restraints even if you have an injector. He ran an injector on his boat and said he did not have to run them he just did for safety. I will call him back today. Thanks Neil CH/PGH #737 "HIGH MAINTENANCE" / " SPONGE BOB "

cyclone
09-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Mike S, Aaron & I have a little more "Buttoning Up" to do, But, We'll Be There ... Between 12:00 and 1:30 P.M. Friday along with the "Some of The Rest Of Our Crew" ... "The e.t. al's" so Duly Noted On The Hull.
We'll be bringing some Extra Safety Gear if AnyOne Needs To Borrow Some ... XL Non-Parachute Jacket, Couple Pairs of Ballistic Pants, Driver's Neck Collar, Etc. ... We'll be out on "Jet Row" near bp, etc. if someone needs .........
I need to borrow a pair of ballistic shorts. I'll be up friday afternoon and will track you down in the pits if that's cool.
-mike

Willis
09-11-2004, 06:50 PM
sdpm
If you are using injectors, you need to read read the rules book.
It clearly states:
BLOWN BOATS
2. All blown, injected, or fuel boats must have a fuel shut off valve controllable from along side or in front of driver. The valve shall be located between the main fuel pump and the injectors. :messedup:
So if Don Jones told you something else, you better hope he's at the tech line.

cyclone
09-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Mike -
That's fine with us ... If they'll fit, your welcome to borrow them.
Thanks. I'll track you down in the pits on friday afternoon.

Willis
09-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Hello every one,
:argue:
To set the record straight, I can say who ever you talk to about what's not needed to pass tech, ask them what page of the rules book can you find their answer. If their answer is not there, follow what is printed in the rules book. :skull:
http://www.njbaracing.net/2004_njba_rulebook.pdf
Willis

bp
09-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Hello every one,
:argue:
To set the record straight, I can say who ever you talk to about what's not needed to pass tech, ask them what page of the rules book can you find their answer. If their answer is not there, follow what is printed in the rules book. :skull:
http://www.njbaracing.net/2004_njba_rulebook.pdf
Willis
and, if there is a question concerning tech, alan anderson's phone number should be listed since he's the head techie. don's the race director, not the tech (although he has tech'd in the past).

Bense468
09-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Who's in charge of NJBA Rescue?
Pat Walker

Bense468
09-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks ... Couldn't remember Pat's last name.
No problem :rollside:

CrazyHippy
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
So will they let my wacker run RR??
Never been down the track before, but i'm interested. Have a Helmaet (snell m95 rating), Lifeline and ballistic shorts along w/ working kill switch, What else do i need? I'm thinking helmet restraint and maybe a collar???
I'd love to do an event or 2, but dont want to be outcast for not having a squirt boat :rollside:
BJH

bp
09-13-2004, 04:52 PM
So will they let my wacker run RR??
Never been down the track before, but i'm interested. Have a Helmaet (snell m95 rating), Lifeline and ballistic shorts along w/ working kill switch, What else do i need? I'm thinking helmet restraint and maybe a collar???
I'd love to do an event or 2, but dont want to be outcast for not having a squirt boat :rollside:
BJH
yer gonna need a rope deflector. probly a really long one. i don't wanna be hangin' on the rope if you start towing it.. :D

djdtpr
09-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Where will everyone be piting at?I need to make sure i end up next to someone that doesnt mind somebody asking lots of questions.

djdtpr
09-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Isnt that MPD/DNE alley?Ionly have one of the two and its not the power plant.So can we still stay there?

Bense468
09-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I say we stay closet to the beer stand...but thats just me :wink:

djdtpr
09-13-2004, 08:49 PM
I say we stay closet to the beer stand...but thats just me :wink:
NO!!! That would be the most painfull thing for me to do.I dont think i can handle Being that close and not being able to have one.

Willis
09-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Hello every one,
here's what the rules book said for the driver requirements :argue:
DRIVER REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
1. Minimum age for boat drivers is 18 years. 2. Minimum age for personal watercraft is 16 years, with valid driver’s license.
2. All drivers must wear “medi-tags” while racing.
3. All drivers must wear helmets that protect the head, temple, ears and neck. All helmets must be in good condition and be 1980 Snell or newer.
4. All drivers must wear eye protection, such as goggles or face shield. The use of sunglasses does not meet this requirement.
5. All drivers are required to wear helmet restraints. The use of safety collars with the helmet restraint is also recommended.
6. All drivers must wear life jackets having leg straps and spinal protectors at all times while the boat is on the water.
7. The manufacturer must certify all racing vests or jackets every two years. 8. Minimum clothing for drivers will be short sleeve shirts, long pants, and closed toe shoes. Long sleeve shirts are recommended. All boat drivers running anything other than gasoline or nitrous oxide must wear a full flame retardant driving suit, head sock, gloves, and shoes.
9. All drivers are required to wear ballistic pants.
10. Drivers of open boats may not remove helmets, life jackets or any safety equipment until boat reaches the out ramp.
Make sure you can pass tech too.
Check the rules
Willis

Bense468
09-13-2004, 08:57 PM
NO!!! That would be the most painfull thing for me to do.I dont think i can handle Being that close and not being able to have one.
Yeah but if we get to far down then I may just have to bring up something to ride to the beer stand and that would be a DUI. So are you a freind or not ;)
by the way I am joking.....Kind of

djdtpr
09-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Yeah but if we get to far down then I may just have to bring up something to ride to the beer stand and that would be a DUI. So are you a freind or not ;)
by the way I am joking.....Kind of
Your killin me!
What if the terd doesnt run right and i need help or answers.

Cs19
09-14-2004, 07:44 PM
DJD, Im pitting down where the MPD/DNE guys are, I suggest you do the same, I say take advantage of having those guys there to help you, cause its the only place/time they will see you run and can offer advice. From what I hear occasionally there are parts to test as well, dont pass that up.
Bense your crew chief all weekend for DODD racing, you cant drink till the races are over. :mix:
My plan is to be there Friday mid morning.

Bense468
09-14-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm there....if I am working as DODD shouldn't I know what that is first LOL

djdtpr
09-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Bense will be wiping the boat down in a string bikini :yuk: .Should be a sight to see.

Bense468
09-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Thats why justen is bringing the 17 year olds

djdtpr
09-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Thats why justen is bringing the 17 year olds
Is that legal?
Chris we will probably stay down there if you get there before me save me a spot next to you.What are you going to do with your boat at night?Do you leave it at the lake or take it to the motel?

Bense468
09-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Is that legal?
Legal or not you would still look so whats the difference?
Danny who is going with you up there?

djdtpr
09-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Only if nobody cought me looking.Does it make me a perv if i do look?She really is 17 isnt she?
I am going up friday mid day and Jason is going with his wife and myself and the wife my buddy Mike and his wife i think Chris M. is coming also but i am not sure about him anymore.My buddy Brian who awns the machine shop down here may go to.

Bense468
09-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Looks like you may have plenty of help then..
Chris you got people going to help ya out?

DRUNK FRIEND "O" Bense with NO boat
09-15-2004, 04:56 PM
GUESS WHO FOKERS...........LETS PARTYWHAT 17 YEAR OLD

Bense468
09-15-2004, 05:05 PM
WHAT 17 YEAR OLD
Oh yeah 18.....
minus a month
Oh yeah why didn't you open the door :cry:

78Southwind
09-15-2004, 06:44 PM
I am going to Ming as a spectator along with a couple friends. I will be there Saturday night for the Sunday races. Is there any night life after the races? Where are the cool places to hang out? I know the gates open at 7:00AM on Sunday but what is a good time to get there and set-up ez-ups. Should I get there early how early 7:00AM seems real early to me? Does anyone know what the schedule will look like?
Thanks,
Jerry

Bense468
09-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I would show up around 9:30. Nothing much going on between 7 and 9. Don't worry about not having enough room to spectate. Lots of grass, and shade. Bathrooms, Beer and alcohol stand, food etc.

bp
09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
I am going to Ming as a spectator along with a couple friends. I will be there Saturday night for the Sunday races. Is there any night life after the races? Where are the cool places to hang out? I know the gates open at 7:00AM on Sunday but what is a good time to get there and set-up ez-ups. Should I get there early how early 7:00AM seems real early to me? Does anyone know what the schedule will look like?
Thanks,
Jerry
no there is no nightlife at the track. hellraisen at the track after dark is not a good thing, 'cause lots of people have some investment in the stuff that's sitting there. if you plan on being at the track after dark, it's good to be cool :cool: if ya want to party, you'll hafta ask somebody else where to go; i'm there to race.
to spectate on sunday, getting there anytime before 9 will work.

77charger
09-15-2004, 07:43 PM
no there is no nightlife at the track. hellraisen at the track after dark is not a good thing, 'cause lots of people have some investment in the stuff that's sitting there. if you plan on being at the track after dark, it's good to be cool :cool: if ya want to party, you'll hafta ask somebody else where to go; i'm there to race.
to spectate on sunday, getting there anytime before 9 will work.thats why i was confined to my pit after dark :D :D we had our own party.If i remember i think the red lion hotel in bako is the night spot you migh want to check with njba The first races of the year i heard it was packed and a good crowd.Damn i thin i miss racin now.The action during the day then the bbq and beer at night,followed by a mild hangover sun morn but my sponsor didnt care he said it made me drive better on sunday when it counts. :D

Cs19
09-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Is that legal?
Chris we will probably stay down there if you get there before me save me a spot next to you.What are you going to do with your boat at night?Do you leave it at the lake or take it to the motel?
Its not like Ive done this before, but from what I understand, you can set up your pit Friday, maybe even get teched, and just leave just about everything all set up over night, and on Sat morning, everything will be just sitting there ready to go. Thats my plan anyways. Im a little worried about leaving the boat there, but everyone else does ,sooo I guess its ok?
I will save you a spot for sure Danny.

djdtpr
09-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Bense my buddy Mat that i got the boat from may show up also so i should have plenty of help.But i wont run you off for helping either.
Drunk Justin i wont be partying as much as usuall but i am down for some beer drinking friday and sat night just not to much.
Chris i am trying to get there mid afternoon on friday.Do you know what time they stop tech on the boats?I would love to get that out of the way and not have to deal with it friday.I called Jack and he has the flywheel cover and all the stuff for the rope guard even the alluminum tube.I guess i will leave the boat in the pits also.I wonder if there is any security?I dont think i will be happy if stuff gets messed with.

steelcomp
09-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Guys, your stuff will be safe. If nothing else, I'll be sleeping right there in my tow rig, so I can play security guard. (and I don't drink) There's a lot of guys who leave some pretty expensive hardware there all weekend.
see ya!

WILDERTHANU
09-15-2004, 10:07 PM
no there is no nightlife at the track.
THAT DEPENDS WHOS RIG YOUR IN..... :crossx:

Cs19
09-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Chris i am trying to get there mid afternoon on friday.Do you know what time they stop tech on the boats?I would love to get that out of the way and not have to deal with it friday.I called Jack and he has the flywheel cover and all the stuff for the rope guard even the alluminum tube.I guess i will leave the boat in the pits also.I wonder if there is any security?I dont think i will be happy if stuff gets messed with.
Ya lots of guys are sleeping in the pits, should not be a problem.
Have no idea on the tech deal, I hear its hit and miss wether you can get teched or not on Friday.Im not worried about it, it will all work out.
IF you dont get teched Friday, I believe it needs to happen just after the drivers meeting sat., so if you like to take your driveline apart to run the motor, have that all taken apart in advance cause you have to fire the engine and show em the kill switch works..A little tip i picked up from one of the bracket guys today. :cool:
Your stoked on fly cover, he has nice covers, and you can get to the driveline bolts,etc. without dicking with the cover..
Bense, I have a few people coming out to kinda help, they are not really boat guys, I will find someone to back me in,etc. Not worried about it, worst case scenario, my girlfriend can back me in, shes got it pretty wired now.
Im more worried about stupid little things.
Hey Bp, when you were running sidetanks, how much fuel did you usually run in them at the track?

Squirtin Thunder
09-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know what has happened to Jamie Leppanen he was a Pro Modified driver of Arazona Thunder boat # 143????
Thanks
Jim:idea:

bp
09-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Ya lots of guys are sleeping in the pits, should not be a problem.
Have no idea on the tech deal, I hear its hit and miss wether you can get teched or not on Friday.Im not worried about it, it will all work out.
IF you dont get teched Friday, I believe it needs to happen just after the drivers meeting sat., so if you like to take your driveline apart to run the motor, have that all taken apart in advance cause you have to fire the engine and show em the kill switch works..A little tip i picked up from one of the bracket guys today. :cool:
Your stoked on fly cover, he has nice covers, and you can get to the driveline bolts,etc. without dicking with the cover..
Bense, I have a few people coming out to kinda help, they are not really boat guys, I will find someone to back me in,etc. Not worried about it, worst case scenario, my girlfriend can back me in, shes got it pretty wired now.
Im more worried about stupid little things.
Hey Bp, when you were running sidetanks, how much fuel did you usually run in them at the track?
couple things. first, i kept about 2.5-3 gallons per side (i think). it was a pain, but i'd stick the tanks with the boat at the same attitude, and try to keep them at the same level. my tanks have the suction lines near the bottom, something you also need to think about. you don't want to aerate the fuel.
there are people that keep watch over the stuff left there friday/saturday night. that is why i do not suggest trying to party 'til late at the track. sheriffs and rangers also patrol, and may stop and ask just wtf you're up to.
speaking of sheriffs/rangers, do not mess with these people. be nice and curteous. be polite. once you're inside the fence at the track, you are not on private property or your own campsite. the area belongs to kern county. there are charges for camping/rv's inside the fence area. be prepared to pay or stay somewhere else. if you have a problem/issue with the bahavior of a sheriff/ranger, talk to one of the board members about it. your stuff will be ok out there - we have had no problems that i am aware of.
i mention the sheriffs/rangers for a reason. if people decide to argue or fight with them, they won't argue, but the club ends up getting beat up over it (one of those pay me now or pay me later deals). and we have had problems with this kind of thing this year. i want everyone to have a good time, but please be aware.
as jak said, alan will generally start driving around about 11am on friday, until about 4 or 5pm. he will look to see that you have your safety gear layed out on the deck. have your stuff together, be prepared to start the engine to demo the kill switch, demo your shifter, demo your steering, etc. once it's ok, he'll give you a sticker to display on the dash or steering wheel to show you're teched. also as jack said, if there are any issues, that gives you friday night to correct them. i'll be there all day friday, if there's anything i can help you with just ask.

djdtpr
09-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Chris i am stoked about the flywheel cover and getting all the stuff i need for the rope guard all in one place.I hate driveing all over the place getting stuff you need.I guess we will set up our little ez up pit and leave it all there at night.I wonder if they are cool about you useing a 50 or pocket bike to get around on?Where are you staying at up there?The rio bravo was 125 a night and the lady told me that there would not be a restraunt or bar open there.I told the wife that it looks like cold tri tip sandwichs.Thanks for the info on the driveline deal i hate to see people run them dry like that,makes my checkbook scream.

bp
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM
djd, if yu have a motorized bike, pocket or other, yu will need a helmet. they've become very strict about that (see previous post). if you have a bicycle, you can ride that all over the place without a helmet. plus, you'd get more excercise.. :cool:

djdtpr
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Fat guys hate exercise!I dont even like walking to the frigerator.Thanks for the info BP i was thinking of useing it to go get stuff to eat and so on cause fat guys like eating too. ;)

565edge
09-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Bring a helmet if you plan to ride a gas powered scooter.Djd call me.I left my number on your voice mail.If you guys need a place to crash im like 20 minutes away from ming.Let me know.I got a big oak pit and bbq and rock every weekend.

Bense468
09-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Lets do this

Cs19
09-16-2004, 09:31 PM
DJD, I think Im gonna stay at the hampton inn, I hear its alot cheaper than that other place. Although its a longer drive (15-20 min) its near half the price.
Thats the plan as of now, i will probably call them over the weekend. I have a few people coming now, so we are just gonna all share a room to save a few bucks.
Made my ropeguard tonight along with a million other things. It came out pretty good, let me know if you need to borrow my tube bender, it works pretty good, only took like 15 minutes to bend it up.

djdtpr
09-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Tick ToK Tick Tock the clock is ticking its like waiting for xmas.
Chris i am going to be up your way tomarrow i am going to Jacks place for the stuff i need i will call ya in the AM but not early you friggin drunk.If you got a few people going why dont ya stay at the rio bravo and split the room its a lot closer specially if we end up haveing a beer afterwords,discussing this five hundy deal :D .late.

Bense468
09-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Tick ToK Tick Tock the clock is ticking its like waiting for xmas.
Chris i am going to be up your way tomarrow i am going to Jacks place for the stuff i need i will call ya in the AM but not early you friggin drunk.If you got a few people going why dont ya stay at the rio bravo and split the room its a lot closer specially if we end up haveing a beer afterwords,discussing this five hundy deal :D .late.
We are getting NUTS tonight, and tomorrow too. Stop by if you can hang :hammerhea

djdtpr
09-17-2004, 06:59 PM
I would but i got to get up tomarrow and get som stuff done.If i come hang with you guys we will just kick in doors and drink stolee all night.

Bense468
09-17-2004, 07:04 PM
I would but i got to get up tomarrow and get som stuff done.If i come hang with you guys we will just kick in doors and drink stolee all night.
Its stolie, and no commet about the doors thing. He should have opened it :hammer2:
Danny what does this look like (i)

djdtpr
09-17-2004, 07:09 PM
(i)
Like a young one of these (ll).I think they call them beef curtains.I got to get the boat finished otherwise i would hang but duty calls.

Cs19
09-17-2004, 09:15 PM
DJd, Ill be up and working on the boat before you even wake up, so call me. Just let me know when your close so I can cover the boat up before you show up. Cant reveal anything just yet.
Boy that 500 is gonna feel nice in my pocket. :mix:

djdtpr
09-17-2004, 09:21 PM
DJd, Ill be up and working on the boat before you even wake up, so call me. Just let me know when your close so I can cover the boat up before you show up. Cant reveal anything just yet.
Boy that 500 is gonna feel nice in my pocket. :mix:
I bet it will feel nice i hope it doesnt hurt to bad when you pull it out to hand it to me! :jawdrop:I hope you did some trick stuff cause we are both going to need it with Mike.

Cs19
09-17-2004, 09:29 PM
I hear ya...Hes way out of my leauge for sure.
Good chance he will have the boost cranked up too, Watch out!! :220v:

bp
09-18-2004, 07:10 AM
i wouldn't say that. i'd put a buck on that battleship gallactica gray daytona. or izit millenium falcon gray?

djdtpr
09-18-2004, 07:31 AM
I think that daytona and that red rogers will be a sweet race.It will be a bit closer than i am willing to put a buck on.

djdtpr
09-18-2004, 07:32 AM
But i might put a buck that they both hand it to me!

cyclone
09-18-2004, 02:28 PM
After hearing from Randy how quick Chris boat is, I dont think it will be much of a race. And no i'm not cranking the boost up. The interior will be in the boat too and I'll run it just like I do at the river.
See you guys friday afternoon!

Cs19
09-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Glad to hear your gonna make it out Mike, I know broken off stainless bolts suck big time, stoked its all fixed, see you Friday.

BigBoyToys
09-19-2004, 03:48 AM
Everyone going next week, have a great time and as always, go fast SAFELY ;)

UBFJ #454
09-20-2004, 05:09 AM
:D Mike, Aaron and I, as well as a number of our "et. al. Crew" will be there Continuing Our Dial In ... Looking/Working to get into the 7's in UBFJ this time ... :idea: :D
Today we "Woke Ms. Moneypenny Up" from her "3 Month + Nap" after installing her DNE Rebuilt Starter, her new Reactor FlexPlate and replacing four of her SS Braided Fuel Lines [we have absolutely no idea as to why they failed ... leaks & pin holes??? Maybe Arizona Summer Heat?].
Now all we have to do is Service her Tow Truck, Wash & Wax Them Both, Get the Crew Together, Load and ...
Get Ourselves Over To Ming ... See You'all There! :cool:

steelcomp
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
went to retorque heads this weekend, and pulled a head stud. AArrraaaggghhh!!!! :mad:
Got both heads off, and repairing EVERY head stud hole. This won't happen again!
Boy do I have a lot to do!!!! Finish repairing threaded holes tonight, gaskets here tomorrow, engine back together, pump together wed night (new back cut shoe and ride plate). Thurs night, tighten it all up, and outa here Fri. :cool: I'll be there....now, back to work!!!

Cs19
09-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Steel, Get it done man, I wanna see that Bahner lay a pass down, dont even reply to this, just get back in the garage. :) It will all be worth it.
Hope to see you out there.

djdtpr
09-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Well here it is monday night at allmost 10:30 just got in from working on the boat.I had a oil leak at the back of the blower so i pulled the blower to see what was going on and low and behold if the gasket wasnt blown.Then i saw the intake gasket was blown on # 6 so i checked everything out and all is well.So what the hell blew the gaskets was it the 18 lbs of boost or what?Well tomarrow and wednesday will be a mad rush getting it back together but so far we are still on. :mad:

Squirtin Thunder
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
CS19,
If he gets it done it should run pritty good this time. He has made some trick stuff. It should lay down one hell of a pass !!! Cs19 Ron, Zevron, is going to be out with his Bahner Tunnel too and may need a bit of help getting it to run the way it should.
Jim

Jeanyus
09-21-2004, 04:32 AM
I think I have the boat ready, here's what I have so far, rope deflector, throttle return spring, kill switch, longer motor mount bolts, balistic shorts.
I still don't have a jacket or helmet.
I am paying the price for neglecting my truck, I had to put in a new ac compressor, new brakes and rotors, new shocks, fixed 1 coolent leak, and when I looked uder the truck yesterday, noticed coolent leaking, the freeze plug behind the motor mount, It took almost all day to replace that,and of course a stud had to break off in the exhaust manifold.
What else will I need? Should I bring my generator? Air compressor? Should I check the wheel bearings on the trailer? It's about 400 miles to lake Ming.

Squirtin Thunder
09-21-2004, 09:28 AM
With all the different names he uses it sometimes hard to remember (Jeanyus) but yes that is Ron. He will be coming down from Auburn CA. He has a lot of good stuff on his boat but needs the whole package to work together. Ron what was the last GPS reading????
Jim

Jeanyus
09-21-2004, 09:56 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859garmin.jpg
69.8 I have only ran it 3 time for a short while. I didn't feel it was running right, the carbs need adjustment. I am a concrete contractor and carbs are a different world for me. Hoping for some help at ming. I need Mr Goodwrench.

Squirtin Thunder
09-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Ron,
If I make it I will bring one of my special GM tools, and its not a hammer !!!!
That is not that bad. It will get better.
Jim

steelcomp
09-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Just came in for a quick bite, and stopped in to see what's happening.
Heads are on and torqued, I'll finish the valve train tonight. What a pain.
So, does it matter if it sounds like glass being crushed when I turn it over by hand now? :jawdrop: :sleeping: :D

Squirtin Thunder
09-21-2004, 08:05 PM
WTF ????

FOURQ
09-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Just came in for a quick bite, and stopped in to see what's happening.
Heads are on and torqued, I'll finish the valve train tonight. What a pain.
So, does it matter if it sounds like glass being crushed when I turn it over by hand now? :jawdrop: :sleeping: :D
i dont think thats a good thing.......... :notam:

djdtpr
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Thats common for that year make and model. ;)

steelcomp
09-21-2004, 09:36 PM
whew!!! Thought I had a problem there, for a minute.
Got the valve train all on and cold adjusted. Stud girdles tight, covers on. So far, so good.

Cs19
09-21-2004, 09:49 PM
LOL.
Well my starter took a shit, its almost brand new too.
I will HOPEFULLY have a new one by tomorrow, whats up with all the bad luck were having?
I will be there regardless, Ill put a friggin pull start on it if I have to.
LAter..Cs19

Squirtin Thunder
09-21-2004, 09:57 PM
cs19,
Then you would be just like a "Wacker"!!!!
Jim

Jeanyus
09-22-2004, 04:49 AM
I think I'm ready for Ming.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859nice4271.jpg
Does anyone have a lifeline jacket I could use, the one I was planning to use fell through, size XL :( :mix:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859berkley1.jpg

GM Killer
09-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Where is everybody going to be staying? We are going to be in the Rio Bravo. What day are you showing up?

djdtpr
09-22-2004, 11:02 AM
We will be there mid day friday.Abunch of us are staying at the Rio Bravo.I apoligize if they put any of you neer us.
Chris call me if you need a starter i have a extra gear reduction sitting at the shop.
Cyclone are you bringing any of the pulleys that you wanted to sell with you?

565edge
09-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Chris I have a starter also if you need it.You can use it.

UBFJ #454
09-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Jeanyus -
Re XL Lifeline Life Jacket ... What class do plan on running?

Squirtin Thunder
09-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Bear,
He is going to run River Racer.
He is also in need of some help getting a base line set up it is only running 69.8mph.
Jim

UBFJ #454
09-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks Jim -
The reason I asked was Mike Sampica, my Partner, has a XL Non-Parachute LifeLine Jacket that we will be bringing over in case someone needs one ... To my knowledge, no one has yet asked to borrow it.
Jak

bottom feeder
09-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Bear,
Do you think they would let me run my boat in river racer? I did not see a hull length requirement. Would the roll cage flag me as a no no?.
Bottom feeder

UBFJ #454
09-22-2004, 08:49 PM
I have no idea ... Perhaps if you post a picture a few of the guys here can tell you.

Squirtin Thunder
09-22-2004, 09:03 PM
From what Willis said anyone can run anything one event in the River Racer Class.
Jim

Cs19
09-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Got a brand new starter today, the thing does not work either :mad:
It worked great the first few clicks, then on the 5th one or so, the solenoid stuck and it just kept spinning (not engaged to the flywheel) after the motor had already fired up. I dicked with it for an hour or so by tapping on the solenoid,checking exciter wire,etc., it just kept doing the same thing. I will hopefully have another replacment starter tomorrow,I will exchange this one out on my lunch hour.Hopefully they have more in stock.
Thanks for the offers on the starters guys, problem is on an Eliminator, the tunnell is just below the starter, and not all starters will work in my boat due to how tight things are.It has to be a pretty small starter. Worst case scenario, ill drag the thing down there and try your guys' starters.Thanks again!
Later,Cs19

Cs19
09-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh and if anyone has some MSD rev chips laying around, bring em out, Im looking for 6300-6500 or somewhere in that area.A variety would be even better! Thanks!

steelcomp
09-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Moving right along..
Last night I got all the valve train installed, valves adjusted, stud girdle on, etc. Tonight my pop came up and helped me put the pump together. Putting the transom cover on is a two man job, and so is hooking up the steering cable nut to the steering tube. I have to be able to reach way inside the transom extension (pod) but need someone on the outside to hold the hardware.
Tomorrow will be install intake, dist, headers, hook up lines, etc. Looks like I'm going to make it.
Does it matter if one piston isn't going up and down as far as the rest of them? Oh, and the crunching sound isn't as bad any more. :2purples:
Shit, this thing's GOT to run a hundred! :hammerhea

Squirtin Thunder
09-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Steelcomp,
Sounds like a Wet Ming Dream !!!
Jim

jweeks123
09-23-2004, 12:14 AM
this ming race should be very entertaining fo rthose of us that lurk in the pits.
:cool:
jw

Jeanyus
09-23-2004, 04:55 AM
Bear I was planning on running in river racer.

Jeanyus
09-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Thanks Jim -
The reason I asked was Mike Sampica, my Partner, has a XL Non-Parachute LifeLine Jacket that we will be bringing over in case someone needs one ... To my knowledge, no one has yet asked to borrow it.
Jak
I would like to be the first to ask to borrow it. I will be leaving for ming today about 10:00. This is what I look like. Hope to see you there.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859boattruckhouse.jpg

bp
09-23-2004, 06:10 AM
Oh and if anyone has some MSD rev chips laying around, bring em out, Im looking for 6300-6500 or somewhere in that area.A variety would be even better! Thanks!
i always carry some along in that range. not a problem

UBFJ #454
09-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Jeanyus ... We'll be in tomorrow between 12 & 1:30 P.M. ... We'll be Pitting over to the 'Left' ... On "Jet Row" ... Look us up.

Cs19
09-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Just to add to my problems, I wake up at about 3 am, with the most incredible pain/irritation in both eyes, it was incredible, I could not even open my eyes for about 2 hours. Felt like sand in my eyes.Took some advil,eye drops and went back to bed,kinda.
Feeling 75% better this morning. It just dawned on me, I was around welding yesterday.... :shift: Thats the only explanation I can come up with.Flashburn.?
2 questions...
It says we need 2 5lb. extinguishers, are those like the small ones we carry in our boats? There is no label or anything on mine that says what weight it is..
and also are there power outlets anywhere in the pits for charging batterys,etc?
See you Friday, Ill be the guy with really dark sunglasses on.

superdave013
09-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Chris, the 5 pound deals are pretty big. Not something you would have in a boat. No elect, need a generator (or pit next to someone that has one). I'd keep your alt. on myself.
MikeF and I are going to spectate on sunday. Look forward to meeting you and checking out your boat.

superdave013
09-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Oh, if you've been around someone welding and wake up with the feeling of HOT sand being tossed in your eyes then you now know the feeling of FLASHBURN!!
I used to get it working in the dark around guys with stick welders. Hurts

Jeanyus
09-23-2004, 10:06 AM
I will be there. Leaving now 11:05

bottom feeder
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Well all here is my boat. Would be interested in the RR class next year maby. Could I even race?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1501SIDE-med.JPG
Thanks Bottom Feeder

djdtpr
09-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Chris let me know about the starter i will have one up there just in case.What size extinguisher do we need to have in the pit area with us?We are heading out tomarrow at about 10 in the am so i will be there about 1:30-2:00 in the afternoon,i want to run the boat through tech incase there is anything wrong with it i can get it taken care of by sat morning.

steelcomp
09-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Well all here is my boat. Would be interested in the RR class next year maby. Could I even race?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1501SIDE-med.JPG
Thanks Bottom Feeder
feeder, I don't see why you couldn't race as long as you can pass tech, which is more about hardware and accessories, not the boat size or make. Looks like you've at least got the rope deflector covered!!!!!

Cs19
09-23-2004, 07:56 PM
The boat is done, went through 4 starters, all the same maufacturer. Obviously they have quality control issues over there, I was getting stuff from a bad batch I guess. :devil:
Bought a Tilton super starter from herbert, and the thing works perfect.
Im leaving in the morning, I had a rough couple days there and my eyes are friggin killing me, Im going to bed.
See you there SD, Oh and the alternator came off already. :smile:

uclahater
09-23-2004, 08:33 PM
You guys have a great time, and be SSSSSAAAAAFFFFFEEEEE :) Im impressed with how many of you guys are going out there :cool:
Good Luck, and bring back some good pics :cool:

Hustler
09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Everyone have fun and be safe, I'll thinking about you while I'm sucking down silvers at the river:)