PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about selling my

throwerb
09-09-2004, 12:46 PM
house and moving to nashville, what do you guys think.

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 12:49 PM
house and moving to nashville, what do you guys think.
I live in Chattanooga and travel to Nashville often (2hr or less drive). Nashville is a great city. Growing like crazy. Lost of things to do. There are several places to boat. Nashvillebound could hook you up there. Get ready for some humidity.

topless
09-09-2004, 12:50 PM
:confused: :frown: :cry: :(

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 12:51 PM
One more thing. Lots of industry in Nashville. Job sceen should be real good.

throwerb
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I live in Chattanooga and travel to Nashville often (2hr or less drive). Nashville is a great city. Growing like crazy. Lost of things to do. There are several places to boat. Nashvillebound could hook you up there. Get ready for some humidity.
Actually nashvillebound and his wife have already been helping us, don't know how to thank them enough, but I'm sure I'll think of something. The thought of cashing out our home and paying cash for one and buying a few rental is very appealing, not to mention ALL thoughs lakes :D

throwerb
09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
One more thing. Lots of industry in Nashville. Job sceen should be real good.
Yeah my wife is a psycologist and will try to get a teachin g position at one of the schools, and My brother in law wants me to take over his furniture dist. company in Hendersonville. Been looking at houses on old hickory.

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Actually nashvillebound and his wife have already been helping us, don't know how to thank them enough, but I'm sure I'll think of something. The thought of cashing out our home and paying cash for one and buying a few rental is very appealing, not to mention ALL thoughs lakes :D
You will do very well cashing in you CA house. You will also be suprised at the cost per foot you'll pay in Nash. Nothing like CA but more than you think. Hey, just found a link http://nashville.about.com Better start looking for a Sea Ray or Chaparral. Those are the only boats the allowed in TN :D

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah my wife is a psycologist and will try to get a teachin g position at one of the schools, and My brother in law wants me to take over his furniture dist. company in Hendersonville. Been looking at houses on old hickory.
Buy one in Brentwood. That will eat you profits up real quick. But you will have a mansion :D

totenhosen
09-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Sent IM to original poster!

100mbs
09-09-2004, 01:09 PM
I just bought a rental in Searville TN and plan to buy another here soon. Some freinds moved out to Brentwood earlier this year and they love it. Brentwood is a lot more expensive than other areas of TN.
The wife are thinking of moving out there as well maybe next year of so. Still undecided, becuase I need to find work in the IT field first.

Keithb87
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
.... I need to find work in the IT field first.
Is that Inner Tennessee field :rollside: :D :rollside:

100mbs
09-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Sorry, Information Technology.

throwerb
09-09-2004, 01:22 PM
You will do very well cashing in you CA house. You will also be suprised at the cost per foot you'll pay in Nash. Nothing like CA but more than you think. Hey, just found a link http://nashville.about.com Better start looking for a Sea Ray or Chaparral. Those are the only boats the allowed in TN :D
Do you know where I can get some sea ray stickers for my boat? :D

Keithb87
09-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Sorry, Information Technology.
I knew that
I was just joking.. :D :D :D

Dave C
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
so just for s h i t s and giggles what does a mansion cost in the fancy nieghborhoods?

totenhosen
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
so just for s h i t s and giggles what does a mansion cost in the fancy nieghborhoods?
A good way of getting an idea is going to realtor.com and doing a search

throwerb
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
I just bought a rental in Searville TN and plan to buy another here soon. Some freinds moved out to Brentwood earlier this year and they love it. Brentwood is a lot more expensive than other areas of TN.
The wife are thinking of moving out there as well maybe next year of so. Still undecided, becuase I need to find work in the IT field first.
Yeah work was our biggest concern, but we think it's better for us to own our home instead of our home owning us, and a 300k house from what we've seen in Hendersonville it like a million dollar home here in Pasadena. Plus we have heard great things about the school district we are looking at. Just hope the warer is as nice as it looks in the pictures that nashvillebound has sent us.

throwerb
09-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Contact Nashvillebound his wife is a realitor and has been very helpful. We are loking at places that are 3,000 to 3,500 sq ft on 1 or more acres for 300k or less.

100mbs
09-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah work was our biggest concern, but we think it's better for us to own our home instead of our home owning us, and a 300k house from what we've seen in Hendersonville it like a million dollar home here in Pasadena. Plus we have heard great things about the school district we are looking at. Just hope the warer is as nice as it looks in the pictures that nashvillebound has sent us.
What kind of work do you do?
I agree about the house thing. We rental that we just bought is 1800sqft, Plus 1000sqft basement, 2 Car Garage, 3BD, 2Bath, 1/2acre for less than we paid for our 1200sqft house here in Escondido. Freakin Crazy!!!!!
I have heard of that they have really nice lakes and rivers to go boating in. I was reading one the boating magazines for this month and it had a list of places that were great for boating and TN was one of the op ones. I will check out the magazine when I get home.
Here is a link to a house that I found in the $350 Range in Brentwood.
http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1039313408?lnksrc=00045

throwerb
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I agree about the house thing. We rental that we just bought is 1800sqft, Plus 1000sqft basement, 2 Car Garage, 3BD, 2Bath, 1/2acre for less than we paid for our 1200sqft house here in Escondido. Freakin Crazy!!!!!
I have heard of that they have really nice lakes and rivers to go boating in. I was reading one the boating magazines for this month and it had a list of places that were great for boating and TN was one of the op ones. I will check out the magazine when I get home.
Nice house huh? A little small for us (j/k) We are going back first week of Oct to check some out. Hopefully enough of us will move out with our west coast customs that I won't have to put bayliner stickers on my boat. :)

throwerb
09-09-2004, 02:13 PM
20 years in the restaurant business, people gotta eat :D

al cole'holic
09-09-2004, 03:17 PM
I think you should list your house right away with Troop ((shameless spam, see sig :D )) and move to Nashville...

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Do you know where I can get some sea ray stickers for my boat? :D
Yep, any boat dealer in TN. They all sell Sea Ray or Toons. :D

RiverOtter
09-09-2004, 04:31 PM
$1,000,000 is a start in Brentwood. I was just there and the houses I say were incredible!! I'm sure nothing under $2,000,000 but these were on 2 acre lots. In the Nooga a house in a real hot area is $140 to $200 per foot with the lot. If you buy a lot and then build your house the house alone could range from $115 to $200 per foot + the lot. Nashville is really not that different. Just that Brentwood is where the big money is.

throwerb
09-09-2004, 08:07 PM
$1,000,000 is a start in Brentwood. I was just there and the houses I say were incredible!! I'm sure nothing under $2,000,000 but these were on 2 acre lots. In the Nooga a house in a real hot area is $140 to $200 per foot with the lot. If you buy a lot and then build your house the house alone could range from $115 to $200 per foot + the lot. Nashville is really not that different. Just that Brentwood is where the big money is.
Just pulled up some listings there and saw some amazing homes in Brentwood, little pricey for me. Have you ever boated on Old Hickory? Wondering if it is a nice lake and what the water temp is like.

KACHINA KEN
09-09-2004, 08:12 PM
How about Fontana, same difference isn't it? :D

SoCalOffshore
09-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Never been to TN, but spent some time in KY with the Army. Beautiful country but the absolute worst weather I have ever experienced. You could be up to your as* in mud and have dust blowing in your face. :D

Jordy
09-09-2004, 09:45 PM
I think a certain boat is pretty much on the way from So. Cal to Tenneseeeeee. It's got new tires and wheel bearings. Just hook it and roll. :D :D :D

throwerb
09-10-2004, 06:39 AM
I think a certain boat is pretty much on the way from So. Cal to Tenneseeeeee. It's got new tires and wheel bearings. Just hook it and roll. :D :D :D
Sounds like I can just pick it up on my way there. :idea: :D Told the wife if we do this, there will be a black and white schiada following us there. :cool:

throwerb
09-10-2004, 06:50 AM
How about Fontana, same difference isn't it? :D
Not exactly. So many beautiful lakes in every direction, and not 3 or 4 hours away. Also extremely low crime rate in the areas we're looking in, cheaper gas and just about everything, better schools, car reg. is 75 dollars a year, not to mention cheaper car insureance and boat insureance and last but not least a little greener than Fontuky. We are going out to look at three houses all over 2500 sq ft that are all on a lake no more than 20 min. out of Nashville.
Leaning towards the one with three boat slips so when all you guys come out to visit I'll have room for your boats, two at a time that is. :D

100mbs
09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Not exactly. So many beautiful lakes in every direction, and not 3 or 4 hours away. Also extremely low crime rate in the areas we're looking in, cheaper gas and just about everything, better schools, car reg. is 75 dollars a year, not to mention cheaper car insureance and boat insureance and last but not least a little greener than Fontuky. We are going out to look at three houses all over 2500 sq ft that are all on a lake no more than 20 min. out of Nashville.
Leaning towards the one with three boat slips so when all you guys come out to visit I'll have room for your boats, two at a time that is. :D
When are you going back there? What area are you going to?
Make sure to take some pictures of the area and post them or e-mail them to me if you can. I would be interested in seeing them.

DEAL BROTHER
09-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Nashville is a great town. Lots of hills and trees. Nice lakes. Not too far from the Tennessee River and Ky Lake. Good pro sports Titan Football and Predators Hockey. To the west Memphis has Grizzlies Basketball. To the east you have Smokey mountains not too far, beautiful!!, Bristol Motor speedway (probably the best Nascar track) Pier 57 Marine is in Counce,Tn. SEC sports and Tennessee Volunteer Football are Huge, so get some orange to wear. If your kids are geniouses and you are loaded they can go Vanderbilt University.

RiverOtter
09-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Nope, I've heard great things though. I boat on the TN River system. Mostly on Chickamauga and Nickajack Lakes. Towing to Nashville over Monteagle Mtn would be a pain.

throwerb
09-10-2004, 09:04 AM
When are you going back there? What area are you going to?
Make sure to take some pictures of the area and post them or e-mail them to me if you can. I would be interested in seeing them.
Oct. 8th, Hendersonville, will send you lots of pics. :)

throwerb
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Nashville is a great town. Lots of hills and trees. Nice lakes. Not too far from the Tennessee River and Ky Lake. Good pro sports Titan Football and Predators Hockey. To the west Memphis has Grizzlies Basketball. To the east you have Smokey mountains not too far, beautiful!!, Bristol Motor speedway (probably the best Nascar track) Pier 57 Marine is in Counce,Tn. SEC sports and Tennessee Volunteer Football are Huge, so get some orange to wear. If your kids are geniouses and you are loaded they can go Vanderbilt University.
Kids are staight A students both at csulb, 30,000 a year at Vanderbilt ain't gonna happen, so I guess we'll be Volunteer fans. Guess I'm going to be stealing one of my cousins caltrans shirts. :D

100mbs
09-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Oct. 8th, Hendersonville, will send you lots of pics. :)
Awesome! Looking forward to it.

throwerb
09-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Yeah me too, goona be hard to wait a month to check it out. :D