PDA

View Full Version : Pump add-ons.....

Ol Yeller
09-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Hello jetters,
I'm getting ready to up grade my "e" pump. It sits in a freshly restored 17' Sutphen behind a 450HP 455 with a fresh A impeller, ultimate wear ring and place diverter. Here's my next step:
1. Top loader (HTPs or CPs?)
2. Shoe and ride plate (Are there any brands other than HTP out there?)
3. Looking for a split bowl
5. Snoot or droop?
6. Think a stuffer is needed?
Any and all advise will be pondered. Thanks in advance!
-Wade

sdpm
09-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Hello jetters,
I'm getting ready to up grade my "e" pump. It sits in a freshly restored 17' Sutphen behind a 450HP 455 with a fresh A impeller, ultimate wear ring and place diverter. Here's my next step:
1. Top loader (HTPs or CPs?)
2. Shoe and ride plate (Any brands other than HTP?)
3. Looking for a split bowl
5. Snoot or droop?
6. Think a stuffer is needed?
Any and all advise will be pondered. Thanks in advance!
-Wade
http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=233980&fn=DCP_0004.jpg
http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=233981&fn=DCP_0020.jpg
Hi Wade, #1- can't help you with. Have never used either one of these. I have never seen a loader help an "E" pump.
#2- you can't install a shoe on a "E" pump, and you should already have a rideplate installed. Hard to see from your pic's.
#3- I have no more good used ones.I will be converting some more soon.
#5- It is called a DroopSnoot.( will generate hull lift )
#6- You will most likely not notice any difference by just installing a stuffer plate. These are used when you start doing perf. work " Blueprint" a pump.
Before I would give you any advice, I would like to know alot more about your boat and what you were trying to achieve. Thanks Neil

Ol Yeller
09-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Before I would give you any advice, I would like to know alot more about your boat and what you were trying to achieve. Thanks Neil
Just trying to get all thats avaialable from this set up (SPEED). C'mon guys, Let's her from your experiane. So far I've hit 60MPH with a stock grate and stock ride plate at 4300RPMs. Gonna pull the engine back out and do the Olds oil return line thing--it fills the valve covers up with extended runs--seems to be a common thing with hypo 455s.

Taylorman
09-10-2004, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ol Yeller]
[QUOTE]
Im afraid thats your only choice. Why the harsh words about HTP. Dwayne really knows his stuff and could really help you out. Hes a super guy and can really enlighten you with his jet pump knowledge.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-10-2004, 06:55 PM
#5- It is called a DroopSnoot.( will generate hull lift )
#6- You will most likely not notice any difference by just installing a stuffer plate. These are used when you start doing perf. work " Blueprint" a pump.
hi-tech performance sells "the snoot" with is different from a droop.
The stuffer will improve the holeshot!

Ol Yeller
09-10-2004, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Ol Yeller]
[QUOTE]
Im afraid thats your only choice. Why the harsh words about HTP. Dwayne really knows his stuff and could really help you out. Hes a super guy and can really enlighten you with his jet pump knowledge.
No way was I knockin Dwane at HTP. I've dealt with him on my pump rebuild parts and know many others who he's hooked up. He's top notch in my book. I was just wondering if there are any other brands out there besides HTP. I guess it may look harsh in that staement above. Okay, revised statement:
(Are there any other brands besides HTP offering a E shoe and ride plate kit?)
..............Sorry Dwane

AJ
09-10-2004, 09:13 PM
I have a split bowl with stuffer already in it. If you are Interested I can email U pics. :cool:

sdpm
09-10-2004, 09:20 PM
hi-tech performance sells "the snoot" with is different from a droop.
The stuffer will improve the holeshot!
396,your saying if you install a stuffer plate and do nothing else you will get a better holeshot?

moneysucker
09-10-2004, 11:20 PM
396,your saying if you install a stuffer plate and do nothing else you will get a better holeshot?
Take it. You will need it in order to install the droop. I reccomend a droop and diverter and for a few olds tricks get a hold of Petrofied on these boards and ask him he ran a 455 on nos for 2+ years and blown for 2 after that He knows what to do to hold them together and how to get speed out of them. He helped with my blown chevy also. He knows his stuff and most of what I post is Parroting what I got from him.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-11-2004, 08:11 AM
From all the people I have talked to sai that the stuffer will "help" improve holeshot.These are people I have met at firebir raceway running fast jets;) I am not a pump guru, I am just stating what I have been told.
i have a berk "e" on my new boat an I am installing a diverter,droop,stuffer,loader and I am extending my rideplate. I dont know what will make the biggest improvement because I havent had this hull in the water yet.
jusssss my lil ole' 2 pennies;)