PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Opinion

cdog
09-09-2004, 08:11 PM
I am a Realtor in Anaheim Hills and to say the least people tend to be a little snooty around here. I sold my big truck to get a Surburban and i'm just not very happy with it. Bottom line is i'm a truck guy. I was thinking of buying another HD with the duramax and was wondering what would you think if your realtor drove up in a truck. I'm past all the lifted stuff and at the most the truck will have 33's with some nice wheels. Please don't give me the "who gives a rats ass about what people think" speach because in this buisness you have too and i'm a die hard GM guy so fords are out of the question. Thanks for your input. :notam:

little rowe boat
09-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Well,I'm a die hard Ford guy so if you pulled up in a GM product,you would lose the sale. :D

BajaMike
09-09-2004, 08:26 PM
I live in Dana Point, and help various members of my family by and sell real estate in south Orange County all the time. As you know, when looking at several properties a day, you get in and out of the vehicle a lot.
I don't think a truck is a problem...as long as it not raised. Women and people over 50 really have a hard time getting into trucks (and Suburbans) that are too high and that don't have good steps.
I have some aunts who complain about getting into my sisters stock 1/2 ton suburban. A truck is OK...if I was you, i would put low profile tires on it (makes it better for towing) and good steps and you would be fine.
Just my 2 cents....
:yuk:

Mandelon
09-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Make a marketing ploy with it........go for the truck, but really play it up. Put it on your business cards....try it for six months or a year and see how it goes.
Some people will pick you because of it.....others won't care, and some are just never happy.

OGShocker
09-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.... F.O.R.D.'S SUCK! :wink:
Cdog, I would rather buy a house from someone like me and my family. We like down to earth folks. I hate a guy that drives a car for everyone else. Drive what makes you happy and those feelings will shine through!

Mandelon
09-09-2004, 08:35 PM
A gimmick, a hook, a reputation.....helps you stand out amongst the Mercedes and Lexus driving grandmas....... :D