PDA

View Full Version : NJBA - Rules and Changes 9-14-04 Meeting

Willis
09-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Sept. 9, 2004
Hello every one,
Rules change meet happens September 14, at the NJBA board meeting.
Lets try to remember why the NJBA was started - - -
1. No sandbagging
2. Wanted ½ second brackets
3. Better relations between the management and the racers.
As a new board member, I can state what I see that needs fixing; only fix whatÂ’s broke. :messedup:
Should the club adopt whole second bracket classes, this will certainly promote “SAND BAGGING”! :devil:
As a racer with a Jet boat, sand bagging to slow down in very dangerous, the boat will settle from flight and the driver will be thrown forward if his experience is limited. :(
Just remember what ever you propose to change, ask your self is this change good for my club.
I think the club has come a long way by making the change to RR class.
Let the people who can make some thing happen know what you think is wrong, needs changing or just an adjustment to fix.
Let us know.
Willis

Squirtin Thunder
09-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Cool !!!
Thank you for all your help and support of the sport.
Jim

UBFJ #454
09-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Willis -
As a NJBA Board Officer would you please State The Association's Definition of "Sand Bagging" so that those of us that might not know exactly what you'all mean have a Clear Understanding of The Rule.
Thanks,
Jak

sdpm
09-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Sept. 9, 2004
Hello every one,
Rules change meet happens September 14, at the NJBA board meeting.
Lets try to remember why the NJBA was started - - -
1. No sandbagging
2. Wanted ½ second brackets
3. Better relations between the management and the racers.
As a new board member, I can state what I see that needs fixing; only fix whatÂ’s broke. :messedup:
Should the club adopt whole second bracket classes, this will certainly promote “SAND BAGGING”! :devil:
As a racer with a Jet boat, sand bagging to slow down in very dangerous, the boat will settle from flight and the driver will be thrown forward if his experience is limited. :(
Just remember what ever you propose to change, ask your self is this change good for my club.
I think the club has come a long way by making the change to RR class.
Let the people who can make some thing happen know what you think is wrong, needs changing or just an adjustment to fix.
Let us know.
Willis
Hi Willis, Is Mike Fry still on the board?

Willis
09-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Sand bagging,
That's when a boat is clearly faster than the et bracket their running and they are feathering the gas peddle to slow down the boat and keep up with the guy who has the dialed in setup for the et racing. :squiggle:
The danger comes into play when the guy who sand bags looks at the other lane takes his eyes off his bow while slowing down and the boat might stuff into the water because it slowed down too fast. :confused:
Jak,
you know as well as I do when a boat that runs in the 8.o's run with little effort changes to the 9.o's without changing the tune up has to feather the gas peddle to run the slower bracket. To me, that's a clear disadvantage for the guy who runs balls out for the 9.o's.
Mike,
:messedup:
Yes, he's handling the banquet this year, doing a fine job keeping the fees low as possible. :eek:
Willis

77charger
09-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Sand bagging,
you know as well as I do when a boat that runs in the 8.o's run with little effort changes to the 9.o's without changing the tune up has to feather the gas peddle to run the slower bracket. To me, that's a clear disadvantage for the guy who runs balls out for the 9.o's.
Willis
I think the guy who has the tune up to run 9.0s has the advantage being that he knows his boat will not run quicker,the sandbagger has to guess.Just imo lastyear i had my boat dialed in the 9.50-9.57 range.I had no prob running any boat in my class no matter how fast it was.Key word confidence in my tuner to keep it there.There were a couple of rounds that i ran 9.502 and a 9.508 now if my competitor was one who backs off and on what would be on his mind is this a .50 run or a 9.80? most likely break out for him.Same goes for bp his boat is dialed for 10.0 IMO hard to beat