PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Love Boating?

racecar.hotshoe
09-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Just to here the different reasons why we love it so much.

HCS
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
There's something wrong with my brain. I have boat stuck in my head and it
won't go away. My dad bought our families first boat when I was 9 years old.
I've been boating every summer of my life ever since. I hit the water every
weekend I possibly can. I like speed on the water also. Hydros and flatties
are bitchen.

Keithb87
09-10-2004, 07:57 AM
I just like the water.... and going fast... and the scantily clad women.... :D
And most of the other Boaters are just good peeps to hang with... :D

HCS
09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
That too! ;)

1stepcloser
09-10-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm very wealthy and I need a place to dump my fortune. :notam:

Huckleberry
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I was raised on Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota. Being out on the water is where I unwind and bring myself back to reality. Kinda my "Zen", so to speak. Ohhhnmmmmmmmmm I neeeeeeed to goooo boooooatinggggggg!!! (Repeat many times)

BarryMac
09-10-2004, 08:20 AM
I love the water and spending time with my family, the two go hand in hand... :boxed: :boxed:
gjb

OutCole'd
09-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Foe me, it's the T&A.. :D

charlyox
09-10-2004, 08:41 AM
there is nothing better than lauching and powering up and having a cold one

Big_Gunz_
09-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I love the water and spending time with my family, the two go hand in hand... :boxed: :boxed:
gjb
Ditto, the entire family loves being on the water... :cool:

RADDONKEY
09-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Nuthin better than powering your way up the center of your favorite lake or river at a high rate of speed! ;)

Jbb
09-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Because Barney Sez.....Chicks dig jetboats.... :cool:

moneysucker
09-10-2004, 08:54 AM
There are several reasons to like boating.
1. Constantly cleaning and polishing
2. Having something to work on in all your spare time.
3. An excuse why you have no money.
4. You can always spend more or tinker to get to the speed you want.
5. Once attaining goal speed you want just a little more.
I don't know exactly why I put myself through this boating hell but it is fun.
As for the family aspect I can't wait to be able to take my kids out on the river. My parents never did the river or the desert but all the kids do. I am building a boat for my parents to use so they can go too.

throwerb
09-10-2004, 08:54 AM
gjb
Same for me, but I think one of the reasons I first stated wanting a boat was because of my father and grandfather. My father because all he would do on weekends was sit in his chair and watch any and every sporting event on tv, and not move from his chair all weekend. My grandfather because he had a boat and use to take all his friends boating and the sorry sob never once took me, but I'm sure making up for lost time, in fact everytime I take my kids out I think about how much luckier I am than they were. Some people just don't get it. :confused: :)

ROZ
09-10-2004, 08:55 AM
I'm very wealthy and I need a place to dump my fortune. :notam:
May I interest you in a pool? :hammerhea :D

Bob Hostetter
09-10-2004, 08:59 AM
It's the last place where you can play with hotrods, go fast, and look at beautiful women all at the same time.................

NOTALENT
09-10-2004, 09:04 AM
well...we have all done speed on the street...and on the water its a new challenge. Plus I am a motor head..and a speed freak...not to mention the girls are already half if not more naked!!.. drunk and a huge party in the hot sun surronded by water!!!! God damnit...now I want to go the LAKE!!! I am leavin at 3:30..do go pull the motor..yay!!! :)

bilgewiper
09-10-2004, 09:55 AM
I like water, sun, and the sound of fun. And a backyard pool just doesn't cut it!

dmontzsta
09-10-2004, 09:58 AM
cause it feels good.

mud duck
09-10-2004, 10:01 AM
My parents were both teachers so we went to the cabin for three months every summer. Not just on weekends, but 100% of the time 200 miles away from the city. We continuously played in/on the water, swimming & boating. I learned to water ski at age seven, getting up on the first try. My brothers and I went together on slalom & trick skis (before wake boards). I was a life guard and taught swimming while in high school. I have had an appreciation for the water all my life. I believe it was instilled in my blood while I was raised. My parents have since traded their runabout for a pontoon over a decade ago due to retirement. So, I am currently on my fourth boat now and do not see an end to it all any time soon. Recently I have been getting a little aggravated at the popular opinion that anything over 200 horse power is "to over powered". I find myself evading questions on how much power my boat has, like horse power is a bad thing. I love all 650 horses in my boat, regardless of the neighbor's opinions. I do not see anything wrong with a 190 foot rooster tail. Part of me resents the newbie tree hugger who attempts to impose his holier-than-thou opinions of proper lake management on others. I respect the lake and never try to monopolize any area for my personal use, but don't try to restrict my usage. Okay, where did all that come from? Sorry to get carried away preaching off the topic. I have and always will enjoy the water. Perhaps it really is a sickness. :frown:

RiverOtter
09-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Cause it's fun :D

RiverKitty
09-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Great Question!
I discovered boating late in life. I Moved from Denver to a small retirement town in Arizona (Kingman) because my mom had a stroke. Let's just say that was a LONG winter for me trying to adjust financially and emotionally. The next summer I discovered boating in Havasu and I've been addicted since. I know it sounds silly, but it saved my sanity. It truly is therapy when everything else in your life appears to be going wrong.
TGFB!!! :D

Her454
09-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Because I was raised a boater. Born in to a generation/family of die hard boaters and just always thought that it was something everyone did. I tend to gravitate toward the boaters in life, they're much more normal than "those other people" :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2004, 10:49 AM
I hate money.
Therefore, I feel compelled to throw as much of it into a depreciating asset as possible. That way, I can rest assured I will never see it again.

Propchecker
09-10-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm addicted to early evenings at the river or any dry heat body of water. Power runs, slalom runs, wakeboard runs and coldies on a large amount of ice :D

ahhell
09-10-2004, 10:57 AM
CUZ WHEN IM BOATING IM NOT WORKING...not to mention its fun :D

Her454
09-10-2004, 10:57 AM
I hate money.
Therefore, I feel compelled to throw as much of it into a depreciating asset as possible. That way, I can rest assured I will never see it again.
HH, I love your smartass attitude. Always makes me laugh. :mix:

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2004, 11:03 AM
HH, I love your smartass attitude. Always makes me laugh. :mix:
Thanks, Her454...I am here to please you. :messedup:
Just let me know if there's anything else I can do... :D

Her454
09-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks, Her454...I am here to please you. :messedup:
Just let me know if there's anything else I can do... :D
Since You asked...................:):):)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57584&page=2&pp=25

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Since You asked...................:):):)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57584&page=2&pp=25
No problem. I found a pink Sharpie, and colored all the boxes pink on my screen.
I am a problem solver. :D

simple
09-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Stress jobs need therapy. The long drive gives you quality time with the wife & kids. The river has clean air (sans the bridge sometimes) & no traffic congestion. The water is clean & warm & most of all, the people are always in good moods! :boxed:

Her454
09-10-2004, 11:27 AM
No problem. I am a problem solver. :D
I just put my taxes in the mail........ :) :)

eliminatedsprinter
09-10-2004, 11:47 AM
I was raised on Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota. Being out on the water is where I unwind and bring myself back to reality. Kinda my "Zen", so to speak. Ohhhnmmmmmmmmm I neeeeeeed to goooo boooooatinggggggg!!! (Repeat many times)
One of my best memories of my youth was when my dad tossed me the keys to our little runnabout and said be back in a half an hour. I was 10 and we were staying at my aunts house on Hardscrabble point. :D

racecar.hotshoe
09-10-2004, 09:12 PM
See its all good! :)

Krazy K
09-10-2004, 10:17 PM
I hate money.
My dad bought our brand new 1977 Charger with just the 460 Ford and jet pump. Everything else he installed himself. Cost = about $5000
August 1993 - Sold the 1977 Charger (16 years later) for $4500
Sure, inflation comes into play...

JustMVG
09-10-2004, 10:59 PM
See the "Pegged" the movie thread and the trailer, thats why i Love boating!!!
Mike VG

djdtpr
09-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Cause when the boat is running i cant hear the wife bitching!

LOLLYGAGIN
09-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Get to spend time with my family.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-11-2004, 10:21 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616DCP_0438-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1616DCP_0453-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1616DCP_0525-med.JPG
need I say more

racecar.hotshoe
09-11-2004, 03:16 PM
need I say moreI THINK NOT! :D :D :D

Sherpa
11-02-2004, 08:10 AM
boats, fast boats, houseboats, toy boats..... all of them.....
I just love the water, the lake, and the calm........... and the sound of
a blown big block making a pass at 7am is just bitchen.
--sherpa

Unforgiven
11-02-2004, 08:17 AM
why I like boating?
1 see woman with big boobs and killer ass
2 I hate money and like to spend on (see #1)
3 hate being at work so I go to lake to go and see (see #1)
4 boat racing also brings in (see #1)
5 because I like partying at the lake and (see #1)
6 because all the beaumont peeps like (see #1)
7 and because I LOVE FAKE TITS (see #1)

91nordic29
11-02-2004, 08:37 AM
i like the being at the lake, i like being scantily clad in the sunshine, and i love riding in the boat.
i was practically raised on lakes. just about every vacation i can recall was at the lake. plus, my husband can relax because he cant do chores if he is out in the middle of a lake! (not house chores, anyway!) :D

JetBoatRich
11-02-2004, 08:44 AM
As others stated. Hanging out with my family and great friends is what it is all about. The feeling you get moving across the water enjoying the sun and beauty of differnt locations :cool:
Not to mention :hammerhea where else am I going to dump thousands of dollars each year :hammerhea

That Guy
11-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Pasties.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

BADBLOWN572
11-02-2004, 09:12 AM
For me, it is therapy. No matter what I have going on in my world, they all seem to go away when I am out on the water. Something very soothing about throwing the sticks forward and cruising across the water at 100mph. No way to explain it. I guess the best way to do it would be that the adrenaline brings relaxation. Personally, I can go out all by myself and be just fine. I don't need other people around, but it is nice when you can surround yourself with good friends/family to share the experience with. All the eyecandy and partying is often an added bonus, but it is not the reason why I go out and play.

PHX ATC
11-02-2004, 09:16 AM
It's simple really. If I don't blow the money and mortgage my ass into something that I can play with, my wife will find something else that interests her. I will have no inkling of even remotely liking her subject matter to blow money on, therefore will only be allowed to sit around and bitch about the money going out the door instead of bitching while enjoying myself on the water.
No problem.
Although, I think I am moving mysteriously closer and closer to the scene I so scarily described above. I see no boat, a new custom built house on horse property, several horses, and even an air conditioned barn for them (horses, not me). I see myself quietly exiting the HB boards and signing up on some horse-husband-widowed board for losers.
This is a cry for help. ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
11-02-2004, 09:20 AM
I use it to relax.

HPB
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
I'ts been in the family for years, (I luv it).. Even though I'm the only one left that still does it???? I Plan on retiring as close to the river as possible....

Aqua Boogie1
11-02-2004, 09:56 AM
need I say more
I second that....... :D :D

switchin'addiction
11-02-2004, 10:19 AM
It's in my blood............true boaters need no further explanation!

abraman1326
11-02-2004, 12:09 PM
My parents bought our first boat, a 78 21ft Thaiti Mini Day Cruiser when I was 3. Been on the water ever since. Love the lake. For me, there is nothing more relaxing that being on the water, nothing in this world. Now that I am older, I appreciate the other aspects of it. I love the sound of popping the top on a cold on, smokin a pack of cigs, and looking a scantily clad women in the cove at Berryessa. I love taking the boat on a late night run in the calmness of night, when there is hardley anybody out there. It's such a great time. If I didn't own a boat, I go and buy a bubber raft just to be on the water. I love every aspect of it. I want another jet boat because I found in buying more of a family boat, I really enjoy the speed. I love blasting by some lake lice at 70mph, having them try to be slick and jumping my wake, and hitting the jet o vator and knocking their cocks little a$$es off their ride. I lauph so hard. I love the water, wish winter didn't have to come, but then I appreciate the spring so much more. My friends and I are usually in the water that first warm weekend in Feb, just itching to be back out. Only 4 more months...
BRA

MAINEVENT
11-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Their something about leaving all the home bullshit bill paying crap at home and chill'n with the fam bam on the water :D

RiverOtter
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Cause it's fun.... :D

MOBrien
11-02-2004, 12:34 PM
When was the last time you were in a car and it broke down on you? You're response probably was "awe, muthafatha, gaud damn shat, this is the worst day or my MF'n life, stuck in the middle of BFE & no help from all the other jerks that just fly by honkin their horn". "Im screwed!"
Now think of when you were cruising the lake with your crew and you hear a clankety-clank, or pop-pop-pop, or click-click-click when you go to start her up. Turn the key and.....nuthin. Sure, your first response is "awe, muthafatha, gaud damn shat", then you realize something. Friends are with you to back you up and give you ANY assistance you need. Wrench on it with you, tow you wherever, or just float with you and listen to some good tunes. Or you're solo and some boaters stop to ask if you need some help, you say yes, and they jump right in with whatever they can offer or rope you up and tow you where you need to go. Then your thoughts turn to, "well, at least it's a beautiful day, with good people, cooler's full, awe what the hell.......guess we'll just float a while and catch some rays".
I love boating!

little rowe boat
11-02-2004, 12:36 PM
It's nice being out on the water and away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It's nice to enjoy the time on the water with family and friends.It's fun making great memories. :cool:

a catered life
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
i was not raised around water and had never been on a small boat until 4 years ago. :confused: its the one sport (if you want to call it that) where it does not matter what race, color, age, sex, size, or nothing to have fun. I have been is business for a long time and the type of people i meet boating are beter than many of the people i make money with. for example i recently meet jet boat rich one cool dude. my kids love it and their best memories are about boating. boating is a great way to combine friends and family together. hell if either one pisses you off dump um

jlnorthrup122
11-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Getting out of the house enjoying good weather getting a good buzz meeting people gualking at the womens in there bikinis swimming and when you start getting bored with it find more speed!!! I meen speed as in MPH!!