PDA

View Full Version : Dammit.....

Jbb
09-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Not all endings are happy ones.........Expensive...Bang! (http://www.stukastudios.se/b52.htm)

Boat Loan Guy
09-10-2004, 02:05 PM
That sucks....

Sleek-Jet
09-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Looks like it was pretty nasty weather in the crash video.
That has got to suck. :cry:
Even the crash was to scale, with smoke and everything. I wonder how long before that video shows up on the internet as proof of some sort of gov't cover-up??

Infomaniac
09-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Surface to air missles again? Nope looks like pilot error.

racecar.hotshoe
09-10-2004, 02:09 PM
I had some kid turn on his radio and do something like that to one of high dollar helis.It was not a good day :jawdrop:

Some Kind Of Monster
09-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I fly models as well. Fortunately I have only lost one so far. I know what those scale turbines cost... NOT CHEAP! That plane WAS beautiful.

Jbb
09-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I used to fly millitary scale models every weekend.....talk about an expensive hobby....lol.. :D

Racer277
09-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Surface to air missles again? Nope looks like pilot error.
Clearly an alcohol related accident.
I think it's Bush's fault, planned by the CIA, pulled off by the Isrealis (sp).
R277

Tom Brown
09-10-2004, 02:41 PM
I used to fly millitary scale models every weekend.....talk about an expensive hobby....lol.. :D
I guess when you couldn't afford to keep at it, you switched to running the big poker run catamarans every weekend... :idea:

Jbb
09-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I guess when you couldn't afford to keep at it, you switched to running the big poker run catamarans every weekend... :idea:
No...Brown....Actually the friends that I flew with all were co workers of mine at Eastern Airlines....When Frank Lorenzo destroyed the airline ...most of my friends who I flew with scattered to all parts of the globe to stay in Aviation....Myself,realizing the riches in painting busses for a living... :wink: chose to stay here,and well.....the rest ...as they say... is history....

beyondhelpin
09-10-2004, 07:08 PM
What did you do at Eastern?

Tom Brown
09-10-2004, 07:10 PM
He surfed the Internet.

Infomaniac
09-10-2004, 07:12 PM
He worked at the terminal and drank the mini liquors in the galley, went on strike, shut down the airline and blamed it on the CEO. So I heard. :cool:
Oh yea some of the best mechanics on my dock worked with him. And also one Managing Director currently of facility maintenance. They have very good things to say about him. Go figure, they are probably saving themselves from perjury. :wink:
Come by again BH. What dock and shift are you on? I can get away anytime.

Misogynist
09-10-2004, 07:24 PM
I've heard those small turbine engines are about 5 grand each.... hmmmm times 8..... that's $40,000 just in the engines.... :hammer2:

Krazy K
09-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Great pics but the video....how long have tripods been around?? Why is it that people can't use them when they are shooting from a distance? Watching those made me feel like I was watching it while hitting wakes on the lake!!
(Could be that I'm a videographer and notice these things...) :D

Jbb
09-11-2004, 01:51 AM
He worked at the terminal and drank the mini liquors in the galley, went on strike, shut down the airline and blamed it on the CEO. So I heard. :cool:
Oh yea some of the best mechanics on my dock worked with him. And also one Managing Director currently of facility maintenance. They have very good things to say about him. Go figure, they are probably saving themselves from perjury. :wink:
Come by again BH. What dock and shift are you on? I can get away anytime.
What mini liquors...... :eek: ..lol.....They say nice things...lol.....thats because I still have evidence.... :D