PDA

View Full Version : LHC City Council Meeting VS the Channel

UncleLarry
04-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Tonites the night.. The Lake Havasu City Council will be addressing the Channel issue at a special meeting that takes place at 6pm.. A meeting just for the channel prior to the regular council meeting...
Votes/Action is expected to be taken at this special meeting....
Things being considered ---
One way traffic thru the channel....
Parking Meters on the beach
designating 15' spaces for each boat
banning alcohol from the water line back up the beach 35 feet
closing more sections of the channel
and what ever else they can think of....
15' spaces and banning alcohol appear to be the front runners...
KLHU TV (http://www.klhu.tv) will be sreaming the meeting live on the internet. Click on web tv 45 (not sure how many connections they can handle..) If in Havasu of course it will be on your Local TV Station Channel 45.
Again just the messenger - and as we all know DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 08:10 AM
15' spaces and banning alcohol appear to be the front runners...
Since I will not be there I'm just curious what the implicatioins of the 15 foot spaces would be? Questions I would ask if I were to be there and would like to see answered are as follows:
1. Am I the boat owner, and whoever is with me, the only one entitled use of the 15 feet of space? That is can I prevent people from using that space who do not have a boat? Not saying that I would but I can certainly see the potential for conflict when a boat in their 'space' tries to prevent someone from walking down to the waterline and setting up their charis and such.
2. Will the 15 ft spaces be marked or will they be a best guess type of deal?
3. What type of encforcement can we expect if this were to be enacted? What if the 15 foot space limit is violated? Fines?

SummitKarl
04-11-2006, 08:13 AM
C U there tonight...
as long as they are insistent on new laws and not enforcing what they have on the books :hammerhea ......then this boater...likes the sound of No Booze and 15ft spots...sounds the least intrusive to me :rollside:

phebus
04-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Can you imagine the maintenance nightmare parking meters would be? All the vandals and kids would be filling them up with sand.

phebus
04-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I would show up, but after that freak in the leather hat from the local paper showed up last meeting, I would be afraid I'd go ballistic on that focker. Just kidding, but that guy was out there..... :mad:

Hardly Satisfied
04-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Please keep us posted

Captain Dan
04-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Please keep us posted
Yeah, somebody might need to go back to town and get a shiite load of dimes!

purrfecttremor
04-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Please bring up the danger of making the channel one way.I'm concerned about the traffic going around the island being like a freeway during rush hour. Look what happened last week in the late afternoon with the poss. of the sun being a factor!

Stoneman
04-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Please bring up the danger of making the channel one way.I'm concerned about the traffic going around the island being like a freeway during rush hour. Look what happened last week in the late afternoon with the poss. of the sun being a factor!
No Sht, I was blinded heading north and some ass passed me like I was standing still. it's a wonder more folks arn't killed there.

RiverRatMike
04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
from Tri State News
Alcohol Ban In Channel?
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - The Lake Havasu City Council may take action tonight and impose a total ban against alcohol consumption in the Bridgewater Channel. The votes seem to be there to do just that.
However, Councilwoman Margaret Nyberg is totally opposed to making any changes and will vote accordingly. She wants a continuation of strict law enforcement, but no ban. Nyberg told TSN, “I don’t want everybody to suffer just because of those people with bad behavior. We can control their bad behavior, turn things around and let everybody enjoy the channel.”
She also doesn’t object to making travel through the channel one-way only. That’s the only change she’d support. Regardless, the full council seems determined to make other changes in current policy.
Nyberg also believes budget talks should get interesting during tonight's council meeting. She says Mayor Harvey Jackson has proposed to cancel a tradeoff agreement between the City and the School District, which provides the district with adequate water and the Parks and Rec Department with buildings for things like the after-school programs.
“Where are these children supposed to go? “Many of the parents are using this for their daycare after work. Do we want these children to be out on their own walking the streets, this is criminal,” she said. The council will meet at 7:00 pm tonight.

Keith E. Sayre
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm reading the posts with regard to the channel and you people are using
common sense and logic in your thinking. The people in this town that are
currently called "the city council" don't. they knee jerk react to everything
way after the fact, don't have a clue about what really goes on down there
at the lake and then buddy up with the leather hat man while he verbally
gropes them and tells them they're the prettiest council he's ever seen. What about 4 or 40 of the other resort towns that he's been kicked out of
or as he says, "left". Probably a condition of parole that he keep traveling.
Nice hat!
I hate to sound like a defeatist or like I'm whooped but those old farts that never ever ever go to the lake will do as they please without regard for us
or the city.
Here comes what little common sense I have creeping back into the conversation here, what if I squeeze in between 2 boats and then I lie and
tell the cops that I was the first one there and since there are more on my
boat, we are believed and the other guys pay the fine????
Keith Sayre

That Guy
04-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Enforce the current laws and run this (even more ridiculous city council than before) out of town.....anyone who owns a house here should care about what is done in the channel because it can, and more than likely will directly affect housing values....thanks to those of you who live here full-time and can attend the meeting and help to voice our concerns.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 01:53 PM
F HAVASU!
:)
I agree, Mohave is WAY better! :)

No Name
04-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Things being considered ---
One way traffic thru the channel....
Parking Meters on the beach
designating 15' spaces for each boat
banning alcohol from the water line back up the beach 35 feet
closing more sections of the channel
and what ever else they can think of....
It almost looks to me like they just don't want boaters there. The city must have more money than they need. :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
You Havasu people are verrrryyyyyyyyy sneaky...lol
As are you BHC peeps. :D

SUBPRIME
04-11-2006, 02:40 PM
can someone tell me what it is that dilligaf has against L. Mohave??? I know he's always saying "F" the place just was wondering why?
One other thing if the traffic is only one way in the channel then I could see all the traffic going around the lake in one direction getting out of hand and being a safety issue

SUBPRIME
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I had some bad experiences there. I hate that friggin' place and any chance I get I try to let people know. The ramp sucks, the water is rough, the people are all old, no naked turtle, the lake is much more crowded than Havasu, meth everywhere, etc. Other than that I don't have anything against Mohave.
Wow ok, actually this last weekend I stayed in laughlin and took my boat to mohave for the first time, although I did see more old people this weekend than I have ever, and there isn't much in the way of bars and such, that water was nice and I missed all the meth lol but it sounds like you really love the place!

Liquid Courage
04-11-2006, 03:40 PM
On a sort of related subject...What happened with the class action lawsuit against the main marina for discrimination, unlawfull testing procedures and whatnot??

Havasu Cig
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM
On a sort of related subject...What happened with the class action lawsuit against the main marina for discrimination, unlawfull testing procedures and whatnot??
Everyone was talk and no action. I donated $$$ to the cause to hire an attorney, but very few people did. After it was apparent that not enough people cared to get involved I asked for, and received my $$$ back. I hate to say it, but with the current boats I have It is not my problem now.

Havasu Cig
04-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Back to the Channel thread, all they need to do is enforce the laws they have now. The L.E. out there need to start jacking the $hitbags that are causing the problems.

Liquid Courage
04-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Everyone was talk and no action. I donated $$$ to the cause to hire an attorney, but very few people did. After it was apparent that not enough people cared to get involved I asked for, and received my $$$ back. I hate to say it, but with the current boats I have It is not my problem now.
Well, that sucks. And with participation like that the city council will do whatever they want too because not enough people will get involved :rolleyes:
I still boycot the main marina. I go to Havasu springs to get gas/supplies and launch elsewhere as well. They haven't gotten a dime from me since they started being d!cks. F*CK 'EM!!

Liquid Courage
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Back to the Channel thread, all they need to do is enforce the laws they have now. The L.E. out there need to start jacking the $hitbags that are causing the problems.
Agreed. 14 sh!tbags on a rental totally blotto is a bad mix that needs some attention.

Havasu Cig
04-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, that sucks. And with participation like that the city council will do whatever they want too because not enough people will get involved :rolleyes:
I still boycot the main marina. I go to Havasu springs to get gas/supplies and launch elsewhere as well. They haven't gotten a dime from me since they started being d!cks. F*CK 'EM!!
I actually have been going across the lake when I need gas on the water. It is a branded 76 dock so I know the gas is good, and they also have some supplies as well. It is a shorter trip than the springs. :cool:

Phat Matt
04-11-2006, 04:01 PM
No drinking 35 feet from the water line? Doesn't that mean your passengers could drink on your boat? That doesn't sound too bad. That means you couldn't come down with a cooler and drink on the beach.

Havasu Cig
04-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Agreed. 14 sh!tbags on a rental totally blotto is a bad mix that needs some attention.
647(f) (whatever the Az code is)is a good tool, they should use it...

Liquid Courage
04-11-2006, 04:05 PM
647(f) (whatever the Az code is)is a good tool, they should use it...
Exactly! The problem can be solved rather rapidly with some descression on the LE's part.
And I've used the Ca. side 76 too. It's nice and not busy usually.

Liquid Courage
04-11-2006, 04:06 PM
No drinking 35 feet from the water line? Doesn't that mean your passengers could drink on your boat? That doesn't sound too bad. That means you couldn't come down with a cooler and drink on the beach.
Technically I could beach the Top Gun and we could still drink on the swim step!! :D :D 38' baby!!

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:17 PM
What is on right now?? I am listening/watching and the city council woman just asked the guy a stupid a$$ question.
This is who is running your city?????
Good luck!!!!!

Phat Matt
04-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Technically I could beach the Top Gun and we could still drink on the swim step!! :D :D 38' baby!!
But I thought it was from the water back (away from the water) so in a one foot boat you would be fine. :) That is the way I was reading it anyway.

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Anyone else watching this???
They are addressing drinking in the channel right now.

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Not talking about the mooring issue in the channel tonight. Not prepared to make any comments on the issue at this time.

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Asking for the PD to talk about the channel behavior in regards to drinking right now.

shadow
04-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Anyone else watching this???
They are addressing drinking in the channel right now.
watching now,Very interesting.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 04:43 PM
watching now,Very interesting.
SHADOW go down there and strong arm them would you. Why are they comparing this to california beaches...

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
voting now!

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Tie, and now they are stuck!!!!!

shadow
04-11-2006, 04:50 PM
HA HA still stuck! :) 3 yea & 3 nea.
still have whinners pushing.

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:50 PM
2 ties, and they are nowhere.
This is actaully amusing!

shadow
04-11-2006, 04:53 PM
2 ties, and they are nowhere.
This is actaully amusing!
Yeah but now Harvey is addressing the mooring issue.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 04:54 PM
yea lets go DRINK NOW hahhaha :)

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh shit this flippin mayor and his back door bullshit :mad:

Magic34
04-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah but now Harvey is addressing the mooring issue.
It wont go anywhere, they said 30 mintues ago that they were nowhere ready to address that.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
It wont go anywhere, they said 30 mintues ago that they were nowhere ready to address that.
what did they just pass on the london bridge side

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 05:10 PM
looks like uncle larry sitting in there att the meeting :crossx:

Throttle
04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
:argue: :cry:

Magic34
04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
what did they just pass on the london bridge side
I think just a motion to explore something. I missed the last part of that.

the_gray_goose
04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
So what happened????? Did they decide to not decide :confused: :confused:

Magic34
04-11-2006, 05:28 PM
What the hell is going on????
Forget the channel, take care of the mess they are playing now.

Magic34
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
So what happened????? Did they decide to not decide :confused: :confused:
So far, no different than it was this morning, or yesterday, or the day before that.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 05:30 PM
what the hell is going on they are trying to side track us

Magic34
04-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Anyone have any meth??? This video is really motivating!! :rolleyes:

Force This
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe the meth with help them decide? :hammerhea

Force This
04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Seriously :220v:

Magic34
04-11-2006, 05:35 PM
and i thought california politicans were screwed up
Aren't all these people from CA???

Magic34
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
hey now?!?! Don't blame us for you city council, we have our own idiots runnin(ruining) things over here
No, my local idiots turned down one of the top 10 stadiums in the world, only to put a new mall in it's place. They didn't want the traffic of the stadium as well as some other issues, which would have been 1 day a week at most. Now they get the traffic of a mall every day of the week. Mall rats are better than football fans I guess.
Idiots!!!

CMATT21
04-11-2006, 08:59 PM
What was the final out come?????

shadow
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
What was the final out come?????
No outcome yet,still undecided with 3 yea's & 3 Nea's.But it's coming just didn't happen tonight.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-11-2006, 10:50 PM
No outcome yet,still undecided with 3 yea's & 3 Nea's.But it's coming just didn't happen tonight.
thank god for those women that voted no

UncleLarry
04-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Yep as you saw they were trying to pass the law where no alcohol would be allowed from the water line back up shore 35'.. And you saw it was a 3 -3 ties.. so nothing happened.....
The city staff is suppose to present at one of the next meetings the possiblitie of allowing 15 per both. This is because of the london bridge resort side of the channel their are mooring stations along that wall every 15 feet... Not sure how they would regulate that on the island side as their are no mooring stations.
Yep -Uncle Larry wsa their - in my free time i work for the local tv station that broadcast and streamed in on the internet.. I was the one pushing the buttons that controls what you saw.. Yep i have that much friggen power....
Another day in Lake Havasu City. Where some of us that live here like to just think of Lake havasu and ignore the city..
Because i am nosy - i shall keep you updated as to what is coming up at the next meeting (s).
See you on the lake.. and if you know me and see me while u are in the channel you best offer me a beer.....

Huckleberry
04-12-2006, 12:07 AM
What the hell are they thinking? Banning booze from the waterline to 35' up the beach? That means everyone will be standing in the water drinking, dumping their cans & bottles in the water. At least when the trailer trash is on the beach they can toss them on the sand for the recyclers to scavenge, or if they are ***boaters, they would thrown them in an appropriate trash container.

beach gomer
04-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Hay Jim
Is your boat running? I herd you blew the motor or something like that.
Also great pic of the dogs.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Not sure how they would regulate that on the island side as their are no mooring stations.
I heard from our mutual long-haired friend that they were going to install stanchions on the island side as well.....

Havasu Cig
04-12-2006, 08:25 AM
What the hell are they thinking? Banning booze from the waterline to 35' up the beach? That means everyone will be standing in the water drinking, dumping their cans & bottles in the water. At least when the trailer trash is on the beach they can toss them on the sand for the recyclers to scavenge, or if they are ***boaters, they would thrown them in an appropriate trash container.
I was thinking the same thing. People are going to be afraid to walk to the trash can with a beer or whatever they are drinking in their hand, and like you said cans will end up in the water.
If I was an L.E. officer out there I would rather contain the problems (or perceived problems) to the Channel where I can get a lot more help from land based resources if needed. All they are going to do is move the problems someplace else where they will have a harder time getting resources if needed. Is there not any L.E. out there that has worked a real city with real problems that can figure this out? I met one guy out there that used to work for a Sheriff's Department in So.Cal. You would think guys with experience like this would speak up on the L.E. issues . :rolleyes:

Huckleberry
04-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Hay Jim
Is your boat running? I herd you blew the motor or something like that.
Also great pic of the dogs.
Hey Chip,
The motors were rebuilt by GT Performance. Unfortunately GT has no f-ing clue on how to dial in the carbs, and also f-ed up a few things on the rebuild. So after a year and a half of it sitting in their shop, my patience ran out. I picked it up last week and took it to Aaron at Absolute. He just shook his head at some of the stuff he saw. He didn't think it was major stuff, just careless rigging and installation on GT's part. He is in the process of going through it now and making sure it is 100% for me. If anyone is thinking of having major work done by GT Performance, I'd seriously think twice about it and PM me first. Gary is a real nice guy, but he has so many disgruntled idiots working for him it is a wonder he is still in business.
Thanks, They're our extended family!

shadow
06-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Tonites the night.. The Lake Havasu City Council will be addressing the Channel issue at a special meeting
KLHU TV (http://www.klhu.tv) will be sreaming the meeting live on the internet. Click on web tv 45 (not sure how many connections they can handle..) If in Havasu of course it will be on your Local TV Station Channel 45.
Again just the messenger - and as we all know DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!
Theres a meeting going on right now for those of you that are interested in watching.
CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE>

shadow
06-27-2006, 05:36 PM
:) :) Theres a meeting going on right now for those of you that are interested in watching.
CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE>

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 05:36 PM
speak about twisted lies.....
I dont know who the bald guy is but everything he said contradicted himself....
you can now be arrested for being intoxicated, where in the hell are they gonna put all these people..
Great now we are mooring points

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
No wonder they are so clueless, this city council is old enough to be my grandparents... They are so out of touch with reality. What a shame, One person proposes something and everyone votes for it. What a scam this council is
now they all voted to draft the ordinance , of no dancing, now they are the fun police.

HavasuSelect
06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Ya, I really don't understand what just went on.

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Ya, I really don't understand what just went on.
What just happened is you have a good ole boy system in place.
One person made motions and received a second. Then they called for the vote and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, voted for the proposed changes. I have never seen anything like this before in city government. Welcome to small town politics.
They all need to be removed

Havasu1986
06-27-2006, 05:56 PM
is that slowinhavasu in the 3rd row? Or a girl, can't tell from the back

shadow
06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
is that slowinhavasu in the 3rd row? Or a girl
yep,Slowinhavasu,todd969,todd taylor,Dallas,and i'm sure uncle larry and wild bill.

Havasu1986
06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
What just happened is you have a good ole boy system in place.
One person made motions and received a second. Then they called for the vote and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, voted for the proposed changes. I have never seen anything like this before in city government. Welcome to small town politics.
They all need to be removedThats how they do it at my union hall meetings when no one is there to stick up for you. Place looked empty. How many Hot Boaters live in Havi?

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 06:02 PM
So now they will draft motions and bring them back to the council, in an attempt to make new laws

shadow
06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Thats how they do it at my union hall meetings when no one is there to stick up for you. Place looked empty. How many Hot Boaters live in Havi?
Plenty of ***boaters here in Havasu.Problem is all the seats could be full with people standing in the back and the meeting will still go the way it did.They were not looking for anyones opinion only thier own.

TCHB
Time for one us to run for Mayor.

No Name
speak about twisted lies.....
I dont know who the bald guy is but everything he said contradicted himself....
you can now be arrested for being intoxicated, where in the hell are they gonna put all these people..
Great now we are mooring points
So I guess if I’m parked in the wrong spot, drunk and my women is dancing on the boat I’m in big trouble. :rollside:

Havasu1986
06-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Plenty of ***boaters here in Havasu.Problem is all the seats could be full with people standing in the back and the meeting will still go the way it did.They were not looking for anyones opinion only thier own.
Well Said. You would know more than me living there. I have been a weekend home owner since 1986 and plan to semi-retire there in 9 years at the old age of 55. I hope the town can make it that long without screwing it up.

HavasuSelect
06-27-2006, 06:15 PM
So I guess if I’m parked in the wrong spot, drunk and my women is dancing on the boat I’m in big trouble. :rollside:
I could be wrong here but I thought that the ordinance stated that you couldnt dance while the boat was under power? Or is it anytime period?

No Name
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I could be wrong here but I thought that the ordinance stated that you couldnt dance while the boat was under power? Or is it anytime period?
I think you’re right, I’m just being stupid. It’s what I do best. :)

shadow
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I belive the way it is headed is that it is up to the police discretion if they belive someones behavior is bordering public intoxication,lewd,obnoxious.They can then either warn the person and or ask them to leave then after that have grounds for an arrest.

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Basically they are trying to create a ord so they can deem certain behavior offensive. I missed alot of the meeting, So when Uncle Larry gets home, Im sure he will clue us all in.....
But they all need to be removed...

HavasuSelect
06-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I think you’re right, I’m just being stupid. It’s what I do best. :)
You and me both!

HavasuSelect
06-27-2006, 06:29 PM
I belive the way it is headed is that it is up to the police discretion if they belive someones behavior is bordering public intoxication,lewd,obnoxious.They can then either warn the person and or ask them to leave then after that have grounds for an arrest.
Hmmm... That should get real interesting when people have different opinions on what "disorderly" behavior is.

Todd969
06-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Just got home from the meeting. I'm sure Carey and Todd Taylor will have opinions on it. Being there first hand I got to say that it wasn't ALL bad. There were several good points made.
The heavy hitters were underage drinking, lewd conduct and safety. I would also like to note that one of the public speakers made it clear that both drowning victims ( while very sad ) were NON boaters and that is a pure parental supervision issue.
I can't say I disagree with some of the motions. I like the idea of mooring spots, but would prefer 11' vs 15'. Also, for those that do not know this, they are going to continue the sea wall from the Agave starting in the fall.
The ordinance that would allow police to remove a "rowdy" bunch prior to other action is good too.
It'll be a few weeks before this gets revisited, so just relax and enjoy the lake.
One more thing. It was proposed to start the trial run on Labor Day weekend.

shadow
06-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Hmmm... That should get real interesting when people have different opinions on what "disorderly" behavior is.
I'm sure the police will advise on thier idea of whats "disorderly".
Then if it continues off to jail,do not pas go and do not collect $200.
Actually i belive for the most part the cops in the channel will leave well enough alone as long as someone is not obnoxious.
I think they will and should continue to nail underage drinking,exterme OUI's.

HavasuSelect
06-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm sure the police will advise on thier idea of whats "disorderly".
Then if it continues off to jail,do not pas go and do not collect $200.
Actually i belive for the most part the cops in the channel will leave well enough alone as long as someone is not obnoxious.
I think they will and should continue to nail underage drinking,exterme OUI's.
You're right.

Boatcop
06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Why just extreme OUIs?
Do you think they should let those between .08% and .15% off with a warning?

shadow
06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Why just extreme OUIs?
In some cases Yes!Maybe not as high as .15%.

wildbillg
06-27-2006, 06:59 PM
yep,Slowinhavasu,todd969,todd taylor,Dallas,and i'm sure uncle larry and wild bill.
I wasent able to be there,
as bad as I wanted to be there I had to be at work till 6pm tonight and IM sure that was their plan so mos tcould ne make it there, they held the meeting at an earlier time 5pm.

No Name
06-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Why just extreme OUIs?
That all depends, on if you’re having a good day or a bad day. :D :D :D

voodoomedman
06-27-2006, 07:13 PM
In some cases Yes!Maybe not as high as .15%.
Note to self. Keep away from Shadow's boat for the safety of my family. .08 can kill us.

shadow
06-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Note to self. Keep away from Shadow's boat for the safety of my family. .08 can kill us.
:rolleyes: good note to self.
Stick close to that rental pontoon.You'll be safe there.

voodoomedman
06-27-2006, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes: good note to self.
Stick close to that rental pontoon.You'll be safe there.
I stay away from those too. The thing on this forum is that most if not all of us have the experience behind the wheel so people don't profess that they suck at driving. Some like to profess that they like to drive while drunk. I say drink all you want but have a competent experience boat driver to get you from point to point. Actually in a boat (not car) I wouldn't even care if you drove drunk if you kept it wakeless. I don't need a drunk person coming at me or cutting me off at 60 miles per hour. My life and my families life are too precious too me. Incidentally, about a month and a half ago my brother and his buddies were hit by a drunk driver and my brother suffered a broken arm and had to have his jaw wired shut along with a concussion. He is still recovering. If not for the fact that they were in a F-250 they probably would be dead with the drunk kid in the Ford Ranger. Have a great time just be safe is all.

shadow
06-27-2006, 07:50 PM
I stay away from those too. The thing on this forum is that most if not all of us have the experience behind the wheel so people don't profess that they suck at driving. Some like to profess that they like to drive while drunk. I say drink all you want but have a competent experience boat driver to get you from point to point. Actually in a boat (not car) I wouldn't even care if you drove drunk if you kept it wakeless. I don't need a drunk person coming at me or cutting me off at 60 miles per hour. My life and my families life are too precious too me. Incidentally, about a month and a half ago my brother and his buddies were hit by a drunk driver and my brother suffered a broken arm and had to have his jaw wired shut along with a concussion. He is still recovering. If not for the fact that they were in a F-250 they probably would be dead with the drunk kid in the Ford Ranger. Have a great time just be safe is all.
As long as we are continueing to jack this thread.Boatcop asked me if i thought someone between .08-.15 should be cut loose with a warning?
I said in some cases yes maybe not as high as .15
Nobody said anything about racing around at 60mph coming at you or cutting you off.
I was thinking like the guy idling through the channel with his wife looking for a parking spot by his friends,or idling through Thompson bay and gets taken in for blowing .08 instead of .07,How about the 20 people on the wakeboard boat where the driver can't see?IMO the wake board boat is more of a hazzard than the guy that is .08-.07 idiling through the channel.
Not the guy doing beer bongs and headed from the sand bar Or Copper Canyon,hammered.Take the focker in.The time it takes to take the guy in for the .08 that could have been .07 within a matter of minutes that was already parking his boat or floating/idiling in Thompson bay could have been spent preventing an accident like the one that happend a few weeks ago in the mouth of the river.
Or the collision recently by site6.

slowinhavasu
06-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Overall I thought it wen't well.
Dancing on the bow and stern while underway makes navigating tough at best. If the captain can't see or is busy looking at destractions, it's unsafe ! Over kill maybe, but if some one runs up on you because they can't see where there going your gonna be pissed.....Wait till your in you 10' of parking zone to put the girls on the deck.
Now if there rubbing and humping one another this could be "crued" in some peoples eyes, so you could be ask to leave or face arrest.
They are going to try the 15' morring on the east side of the channell(starting labor day ) and see how it works, if that's not the answer then they will try something else.
They could have slammed us at least this way they still have to draft them then vote. I did get the impression Harvey had his mind made up when he got there. He never looks up when your up there talking, I always make it a point to look around to the people I'm speeking to so I can see if there paying attention.
Props to Cindy Aldridge, she stepped up and backed me on public awareness and some type of program to get the word out to the public that LHC is trying to change its image......

voodoomedman
06-27-2006, 07:53 PM
As long as we are continueing to jack this thread.Boatcop asked me if i thought someone between .08-.15 should be cut loose with a warning?
I said in some cases yes maybe not as high as .15
Nobody said anything about racing around at 60mph coming at you or cutting you off.
I was thinking like the guy idling through the channel with his wife looking for a parking spot by his friends,or idling through Thompson bay and gets taken in for blowing .08 instead of .07,
Not the guy doing beer bongs and headed from the sand bar Or Copper Canyon.The time it takes to take the guy in for the .08 that could have been .07 within a matter of minutes that was already parking his boat or floating/idiling in Thompson bay could have been spent preventing an accident like the one that happend a few weeks ago in the mouth of the river.
Point understood to a certain extent. That is what discussion is for. Don't mean to hijack the thread. I thought it was all related to the thread as that is one of the problems or whatever they want to call it in the channel.

No Name
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE Don't mean to hijack the thread. [/QUOTE]
Every thread on here gets hijacked........ :rollside:

shadow
06-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Overall I thought it wen't well.
Dancing on the bow and stern while underway makes navigating tough at best. If the captain can't see or is busy looking at destractions, it's unsafe ! Over kill maybe, but if some one runs up on you because they can't see where there going your gonna be pissed.....Wait till your in you 10' of parking zone to put the girls on the deck.
Now if there rubbing and humping one another this could be "crued" in some peoples eyes, so you could be ask to leave or face arrest.
They are going to try the 15' morring on the east side of the channell(starting labor day ) and see how it works, if that's not the answer then they will try something else.
They could have slammed us at least this way they still have to draft them then vote. I did get the impression Harvey had his mind made up when he got there. He never looks up when your up there talking, I always make it a point to look around to the people I'm speeking to so I can see if there paying attention.
Props to Cindy Aldridge, she stepped up and backed me on public awareness and some type of program to get the word out to the public that LHC is trying to change its image......
Thanks for the update Carey.I watched the tail end of the meeting.As of this far since the last meeting i haven't seen them follow through with too much that any of us can't live with.If peps want to see Bare tits and ass theres always places to go for the party crowd.We will see in months to come.

Kilrtoy
06-27-2006, 08:04 PM
was already parking his boat or floating/idiling in Thompson bay could have been spent preventing an accident like the one that happend a few weeks ago in the mouth of the river.
I missed this PLEAE EXPLAIN....
HARVEY JACKSON IS OUT, SO why do we still listen to him, his time is almost up, lets move on with the new and leave his agenda at the door with him...

shueman
06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Bridgewater ChannelTough Ordinance
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - Lake Havasu’s City Council may zero in on “offensive conduct” (especi ally during the big holiday weekends) in the Bridgewater Channel at its meeting tonight. At the request of council, City Attorney Paul Lenkowsky has drawn up a tough new ordinance for law enforcement. It addresses extreme behavior that can involve drunkenness, indecent exposure, obscene language, and “unreasonably loud, seriously disruptive” actions. Those arrested can be accessed a fine of $2,500 or jail time up to six months if convicted
The council has been looking into stricter enforcement measures and Lenkowsky feels this ordinance is a strong enforceable one. If the council passes it, it will be just in time for the July Fourth holiday.
Source: Murphy Broadcasting