PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Bearings??

fkeys
09-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Trying to install the two bowl bearings. The one furthest from the impeller seats tightly and stays put, but the one closest doesn't seat at all. It's real easy to push it into the oil gallery (sp??). Are you supported to cement them in place with something? If so, what? If not, what keeps it form moving around?? Please help!?

Cs19
09-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Sounds like you spun the bushings out of it ? Not good, but it can be fixed by sleeving it.

cave
09-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Im trying to get mine out. I dont want to mess anything up. 105° out there and the pool looks so inviting too.
Any shops in your area that work on jet pumps?

ALTERED-EAGLE
09-12-2004, 04:22 PM
cs19 did you get my pm? if you got any pics send them to me please.

fkeys
09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Not good! :mad: I've never heard of any pump shops around here. Closest is probably in Phoenix.?? Any idea what sleeving both of them might cost? Can I buy the sleeves over-the-counter and take the work to a local machine shop?

Cs19
09-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Eagle, i sent a pm back with pics included.
Fkeys, the only place I know of that fixes those is MPD in Costa Mesa,Ca. Give Jack a call and he can give you a price,details,etc. Good luck.

Duane HTP
09-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Fkeys, I or anyone else who handles American Turbine or Aggressor parts can sell you a repair sleeve for that bowl. It will even be greasable too. Your local machine shop can put it in.

pops1
09-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Trying to install the two bowl bearings. The one furthest from the impeller seats tightly and stays put, but the one closest doesn't seat at all. It's real easy to push it into the oil gallery (sp??). Are you supported to cement them in place with something? If so, what? If not, what keeps it form moving around?? Please help!?You will need to have the bushings knirled by some one on a lathe. That will compensate for the overbore you have aquired in the bowl. Or #2 get a Rebuild Sleeve Kitfrom any Aggressor dealer or other mfg. Rebore the bowl insert the sleeve. Hope this helps!

fkeys
09-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks to all for the help.