PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Placement

Jesster
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey Guy's,
I am taking delivery of a deck boat at the end of the month and am thinking about speaker placement issues. I have been assuming that I would mount them under the seats but after browsing some installs on this site and looking for alternatives to having the speakers mounted so low, the recesses in the sides for drink holders comes to mind. How is the sound from these areas, it seems that it would be muffled or at least the dispersion would be effected?
I am planning on 2 6x9 Polk MOMO's under the rear bench or as an alternative in the drink holder recesses.
2 Polk MOMO 650's at arm level for the driver (behind the throttle) and opposite that but at ankle level under the left seat bench.
2 more Polks 6.5's or 6x9's under the front seat bench or in the front recesses and 2 more of the Polk 6x9's next to the swim step platform at the front or alternately the 6.5's up high on the wakeboard tower. What your opinion on this?
I am driving them with 2 Kicker KX850.4's and 2 12" Phoenix gold Xenon's with a PG 600.1 off of 2 Odyssey 2150's and an IOTA DLS-55 charger. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jesster
04-11-2006, 09:40 AM
The higher placement the better
Even recessed about 3-4 inches back in the drink holder area?

rivercrazy
04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Higher frequencies are very directional. The closer you get them to ear level the better and louder they will be. Go as high as you can

Jesster
04-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I guess I am mostly worried about the sound dispersion the openings will just barely fit the 6x9 for height and they are about 14 wide at the top 12 at the bottom. The setback will be about 4 inches.

rivercrazy
04-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Some people only want it loud and the system sounds bad if you ask me. You know, like the wakeboard boat with the towers that are loud but sound like shit.
EXACTLY!

Jesster
04-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I know what you mean, you idle by those guys in the chanel with speakers blaring and it sounds like crap. I just shake my head :)

ROZ
04-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Higher frequencies are very directional. The closer you get them to ear level the better and louder they will be. Go as high as you can
Right on the money...
If they can't be placed up high, atleast aim the tweeters up . :)