PDA

View Full Version : Police pursuit ending at El Cap today.

Bahner tunnel
09-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Today at the lake some friends and myself were hanging out on the beach in the jet ski section of El Cap when we heard police sirens from the road around 100 yards past the dam on the road into the lake. Looking towards the camotion, we noticed a burgandy colored import car with it's driver's side front tire hanging over the edge with a police car a few yards behind it. Then we see a woman and a man ( 30-40 year old range) jump out of the car and start running down the side of the embankment heading towards the water. The guy trys to hide in the rocks ( blending into nature wearing a bright red shirt ) midway down the hillside while the woman is running down the step slope and starts "cartwheeling" and tumbling down the hill . She strips off some of her clothes and dives in the water, trying to hide by some rocks. Buy this time the ranger is heading over to try to find them as around 6-8 more police/highway patrol cars roll into the lake. The group I'm with rip over to see if we can point out where they are hiding to the cops on the top of the road and to the ranger boat.
The ranger ends up finding the woman ,and being a gentleman offers her a coplimentary towel with matching handcuffs,then put her in the ranger boat. Meanwhile ,the man is ordered to go back up the hill to be arrested. The guy gets to the road to find 3 officers aiming shot guns/hand guns at him and he hits the dirt , hands on his head. :)
This was a trip to see go down, like the show "COPS", lakeside style. I talked to the ranger after it was over and he said they had a stolen car and they were attempting to run. I guess they were haulin arss all the way down El Monte road until the almost went in the lake. If you have been to the lake ,the last mile or so is pretty hairy and very narrow with a 100' drop on the side with no railing. They must have been from out of town so try a high speed get away on a dead end road . :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Glad the shit bags got caught and didnt hurt anyone...

Sane Asylum
09-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh........They would've gotten away if they'd had a big a$$ rice burner tail pipe..........Damn...If i'd just picked the right sled to steal.. :skull:

FryJet
09-12-2004, 07:15 PM
I was at the launch ramp when it all went down. We were waiting to launch when all of the chippys rolled down the ramp to pick up this dirtball chick wearing a towel or something, lol. She wasnt to happy with the situation I guess. Talk about a couple of dumbasses.
Lesson #1........Dont steal a car.
Lesson #2........If you do then dont lead the cops on a chase down a dead end road. ;)
F.J.

moneysucker
09-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I saw it start at the 7-11 on elmonte where I was filling the cooler. They made the corner and the CHP turned on lights and sirens. As the second and third CHP went down the road all I could say was Dumbass! Like you said "ya'll aint from around here.
Lesson #1........Dont steal a car.
Lesson #2........If you do then dont lead the cops on a chase down a dead end road.
Lesson #3........What the hell are you doing hanging out with the jet skiiers!? And admitting it. JK
You should have come around to the back side of the lake. It is usually a good time, A lot of board members.

Bahner tunnel
09-13-2004, 05:27 AM
I'm usually there with my boat pissing off the people fishing in the back,but a few friends and myself bought some water torture devices,i.e stand up jet skis'. I hate to admit it but there fun to ride , mainly because of the challenge. I think I saw your black dually and boat near the top of the ramp when the shiznit went down with the cops.
And besides,with the the motor on the pickle fork being sooooo reliable (Merc 2.5) I had to get some sort of jet propelled watercraft to spend the summer working on. :D
Does anyone know the guy with the really clean black 19' California Performance , it has a "pro stock" looking scoop and a pop off valve on the pump. I was just curious of how fast it ran, It is a bichen looking boat.

jas0502
09-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I am shocked that there is still water at El Cap. Haven't been there since last year. Launching was bad.

moneysucker
09-13-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm usually there with my boat pissing off the people fishing in the back,but a few friends and myself bought some water torture devices,i.e stand up jet skis'. I hate to admit it but there fun to ride , mainly because of the challenge. I think I saw your black dually and boat near the top of the ramp when the shiznit went down with the cops.
And besides,with the the motor on the pickle fork being sooooo reliable (Merc 2.5) I had to get some sort of jet propelled watercraft to spend the summer working on. :D
Does anyone know the guy with the really clean black 19' California Performance , it has a "pro stock" looking scoop and a pop off valve on the pump. I was just curious of how fast it ran, It is a bichen looking boat.
I think the CP you are talking about is Helter Skelters. It has run 117. It doesn't have a pop off though. Yeah that was me on the ramp waiting for ponch and john to get out of the way so we could all launch. I was hearing that the suspects car jacked that jaloppy and were on parole they were something like 22 and 24 years old. At that age and that stupid they should have shot them in the chase. They will be living off our tax dollars for a long time.
As for water in the lake. We are back to 1 lane on the ramp again. It will be annother 2-3 weeks before we have real problems.

Bahner tunnel
09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I heard through a guy on the beach that they are going to stay open until the end of October? I never thought they closed, or that is as long as they plan to be able to launch without some Super Swampers and 4 wheel drive. "Back in my day"..... around 96 when I first got into wasting money on boats, the water was about 80-100' higher than it is today. I used to launch on the ramp that you pass on the way in . It seemed to drop over the next two years to around where it is today. I also remember people used to race alot more in the back than what goes down today. It seemed a while back every weekend some hillbilly was floored with coors lite cans flying out of thier boat . What ever happened to young punks and hot rods at the lake? :confused: