PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa boating this weekend

Robbie Racer
09-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Who all from the Hot Spots, West forum is going to Berryessa this weekend? Marty and Cheri from the V-drive forum will be hosting their annual event at Putah Creek Resort and the LBBA is hosting an event at the Steele Park Resort. We will be attending the LBBA event and then will be cruising over to Putah Creek to say hi to our V-drive friends and hang out in the cove on Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see some of you there this weekend.
RR

Dave C
09-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Yes on Saturday 9/18. Launch at S.P. see you guys there.
If the weather is going to be hot I will make a point of going. Last blast maybe.
We can't stay... too busy at work.

Brendellaracin
09-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi Guy's
yes we are still on for this weekend, It sounds like it's going to be a great turnout ! it looks like we are going to have hotdogs & chilli on saturday afternoon - evening. We will be at campsite L-13 so please come by
and say hi !
See Ya !
Marty & Cheri :cool: :)

Dimarco21
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey R.R., We'll be at Steele Park Resort. Friday to Sunday spot #36.

09-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Keith, Gonna try to make it...lots of stuff to do but I think I can get away.

Robbie Racer
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like there will be a pretty good turn out.
Dave, we will look for you on Saturday at the launch ramp at Steele Park. We will be sharing RV spot #31 with Rocket-J
Marty, we will cruise over to Putah Creek on Saturday to say hi to you, Cheri and the rest of the gang. How many boats are you expecting for your deal? We sure had fun hanging out with you guys last year.
Dimarco21, we will plan to hook up with you guys on Friday evening at Steele Park for margaritas since we will only be 5 sites down from you.
058, hope to see you there if you can make it.
Keith

Obsessive Compulsive
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Well be their site 22,23, & I'll drink your margartas. HA HA. see you their.

Dimarco21
09-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Salt or no salt? :D

Obsessive Compulsive
09-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Salt please, Thank you.

Cas
09-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm in 21 but don't mind walking to get a margarita. Question is, will I be able to walk back? :D

billet racing
09-14-2004, 12:14 AM
I'll be there. Staying at Steele Park. Will have the boat with me for the maiden voyage. summers not over yet is it???? OH Damn.

Cas
09-14-2004, 07:02 AM
for people staying at Steele Park that don't know this yet, we'll be having a Potluck dinner Saturday night. If you want to join in, check out the Berryessa 2004 thread here LBBA Boards (http://p210.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats) and let us know what you're bringing.

spectratoad
09-14-2004, 07:07 AM
The Mrs and I will be in site 15 @ Steele Park. Wine tasting Saturday night. Bring a bottle and enter the contest. :messedup: :D

NorCalCat
09-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Are you all planning on being on the lake on Sunday? I will be coming up for the day.

Robbie Racer
09-14-2004, 09:21 AM
NorCal, yeah we and I think most of the other folks staying at Steele Park are planning on also being out on the lake on Sunday too. Hope to see you on Sunday.

Brendellaracin
09-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey Kieth,
We're not sure how many boats. Last year we had around 55 or so.
I do know all the campsites and most of the motel rooms are full,
with the majority of them being with our group. Dont' look for the Brendella, it's out of commision for this trip, but we're going to have fun anyway!!
See Ya Soon,
Marty & Cheri :cool: :smile:

Dimarco21
09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm in 21 but don't mind walking to get a margarita. Question is, will I be able to walk back? :D
Hey Cas, cralwing is O.K. :p

mike37
09-14-2004, 04:13 PM
NorCal, yeah we and I think most of the other folks staying at Steele Park are planning on also being out on the lake on Sunday too. Hope to see you on Sunday.
how far is Berryessa from paso
and can i get directions I would love to see this lake

Cas
09-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Mike,
I'm guessing it's going to be at least 4 hrs. The way I'd suggest is to take 101 north to 680 north. Take 680 north to I-80 east and
Exit Suisun Valley Rd.toward Napa apx. 16 miles
Right at Hwy 121 continue for aprx. 10 miles
Left at Hwy 128 (Moscowite Corners)
Right on Steele Canyon Rd.
Aprx. 5 miles to Steele Park on the left side.
Continue on 128 until you get to Knoxville Rd to go to Putah Creek and other resorts.

Cas
09-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey Cas, cralwing is O.K. :p
ok, well, if you insist :D

boatslayer
09-14-2004, 04:56 PM
i want to go

mike37
09-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Mike,
I'm guessing it's going to be at least 4 hrs. The way I'd suggest is to take 101 north to 680 north. Take 680 north to I-80 east and
Exit Suisun Valley Rd.toward Napa apx. 16 miles
Right at Hwy 121 continue for aprx. 10 miles
Left at Hwy 128 (Moscowite Corners)
Right on Steele Canyon Rd.
Aprx. 5 miles to Steele Park on the left side.
Continue on 128 until you get to Knoxville Rd to go to Putah Creek and other resorts.are ther rooms to rent or is it camping only I dont have a RV

Cas
09-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Steele Park has a motel and little cabins to rent, not sure on the availability though
Here's the link to their website
Steele Park Resort (http://www.steelepark.com)

Cas
09-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Mike,
I was jsut thinking, you might want to post your questions on the LBBA board. The hosts of this outing work at Steele Park so they should have the answers.

mike37
09-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Steele Park has a motel and little cabins to rent, not sure on the availability though
Here's the link to their website
Steele Park Resort (http://www.steelepark.com)
thanks for the info
I dont think I will be going this weekend but I would like to
ya think its only 4hr from paso robles thats not a bad drive I was thinking more like 6hr but 4 would be great

Cas
09-14-2004, 06:10 PM
My daughter lives in SLO and we live in Sonoma, takes about 3½ hrs from here to there. I'm thinking 4 hrs would be about it, depending on traffic though.

Robbie Racer
09-15-2004, 06:59 AM
Mike and Boatslayer, according to MapQuest it's 250 miles and 4 hrs-23 min. from Paso to Steele Park at Lake Berryessa. I hope you guys can make it up this weekend to see how nice this lake is. It's way different from Naci. A lot less boat traffic and a lot more water to open that HTM up. Grab Boat 030 and convoy on up this weekend. :cool:

acatitude
09-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Motor still not done damn have a great time we may drive up sat just fro fun.

hulshot
09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
My neighbor is tring to get me to come up sat after work. I might just do that. I will hope to see some fellow boaters there. I am still boatless though. maybe I could bum a ride.

mike37
09-16-2004, 05:15 AM
Mike and Boatslayer, according to MapQuest it's 250 miles and 4 hrs-23 min. from Paso to Steele Park at Lake Berryessa. I hope you guys can make it up this weekend to see how nice this lake is. It's way different from Naci. A lot less boat traffic and a lot more water to open that HTM up. Grab Boat 030 and convoy on up this weekend. :cool:
I would love to come up this weekend but I have some work I need to finish
boat030 wont be doing any boating he blew his motor so he will be working on getin the fixt
if its only 41/2hr we may just run up there fridy if I get every thing dun

Robbie Racer
09-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Mike, hope you get all your work done so you and boat slayer can come up. That's too bad about 030's motor problems. Between his drive problems and now the motor, he hasn't been able to put many hours on it this year. I will be seeing him out at Ming the following weekend for the races, so I will get an update from him then.
Ken and Don, hope to see you guys on Saturday sometime if you can make it up. I have another couple riding with me that day but have room on Sunday if you guys are still there then and need a ride.
BTW, the Steele Park motel still had plenty of rooms available as of this past weekend for you folks that aren't camping but might want to stay the night. They won't take reservations for a single night but when you get there they will let you rent a room for one night if they still have rooms available. At this late point in the season, I would bet that they will have rooms still available this weekend without reservations.
Keith

PimpJuice
09-16-2004, 12:33 PM
:hammerhea :crossx: :eek: :) :wink: :cool: Me and sleek-veno are leaving friday at 9:00am to lake berryessa.We are staying at Rancho monteclo.We will be coming down to Steele park to hook up with the LBBA.See all you there............Pimp-Juice

boatslayer
09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
he keith , i hope we make it up there,,, yea boat030's motor is pritty bad i helped him tere it down ,be fore he took out the crank it looked like he only was going to need to get the crank resurfaced but , i guess when he took out the crank he found a crack in it, and then he found out that the cam saft
was junk to ,, and he thinks there is a crack in the block ,,,,
i feel bad for him :cry:
he u should tri to make it to the almost dam run thingy

Robbie Racer
09-16-2004, 04:08 PM
boatslayer, hope you do end up making it up this weekend. I'm sorry to hear about how bad 030's motor got hurt. That really sucks. :frown:
Yeah, that "almost to the dam run" thing sounds like a lot of fun but my co-pilot has used up all her vacation time for this year so we can't make it this time. Hope you guys have fun there.
Keith

boatslayer
09-16-2004, 04:37 PM
that sucks, that u cant make it

fleetimus
09-17-2004, 08:43 AM
I talked to Jan at Steele Park. She said rooms should not be a problem.