PDA

View Full Version : I know it's early

Speedin' Ian
09-13-2004, 10:38 AM
but who is going to Havasu or Needles this weekend. I'm heading out to Needles on Thursday night and I can't wait. We'll be heading to the sandbar and possibly the channel on Friday and Saturday in the new boat, plus we'll be running the falt bottom in the mornings at Needles.

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:16 PM
My group will be at Moabi wed night thru sunday morning... hitting the sandbar Friday at least and Topock for breakfast Fri and Sat. If you see us... say hello!

Speedin' Ian
09-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Sounds good! What kind of boat will you be in? Here is our boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349new_boat.jpg

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:27 PM
I think I saw that you just got that boat! I'm jealous! Ours is a little 21' blue/white/purple open bow jet boat... older model river boat. If you see a post from casean he has it in his sig. I'll keep an eye out for you!

That Guy
09-13-2004, 03:32 PM
We"ll be out on Sat and Sun. Sandbar on Saturday afternoon and the channel later in the day. Never been to Topock for breakfast but it sounds like fun. Look for our boat and drop by and say hi..... :D

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Good Bloody's and Good Screwdrivers! Breakfast is good too :) Not to mention the drive up from Havasu always makes for a good time... hope to meet you out there!

racecar.hotshoe
09-13-2004, 03:38 PM
We will be out this weekend also.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1917P2240805_1_.jpg

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Maybe we'll get to meet you before op6c then! if you are around moabi stop by site 17 if you see us on the beach. Sean posted in the west forums what to look for! Have a good weeekend out there if we dont catch up w/ you there.

Speedin' Ian
09-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Your right Mrs. Casean we just got the boat and we are very excited. Don't be jealous, just be glad you have a boat :) . From the looks of your avitar you and the Mr. are young like me so it is much harder for us to get the nice big boat. I started out four years ago in a 79 Sleekcraft that my uncle gave to me, then I upgraded to a 21ft cruiser like you guys have, and just recently got the dream boat. What made it possible for me is splitting the cost with my dad, that way we both have a cool boat at half the cost. Plus we are both equally anal about our stuff so we don't have to worry about the other one damaging it. Another cool thing about our arrangement is my dad already owned a Mastercraft so if both of us have different trips on the same weekend (never happens) one of us is not stuck with out a boat. If you see us come by for a cold one!
Hey Sbark1 I'll keep an eye out for you. Same offer goes for you, if you see me come by and I'll have a cold one for you.

That Guy
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Good Bloody's and Good Screwdrivers! Breakfast is good too :) Not to mention the drive up from Havasu always makes for a good time... hope to meet you out there!
Sounds great...we'll look for you guys..... :p :)

racecar.hotshoe
09-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Maybe we'll get to meet you before op6c then! if you are around moabi stop by site 17 if you see us on the beach. Sean posted in the west forums what to look for! Have a good weeekend out there if we dont catch up w/ you there.
Were is moabi?? :idea:

That Guy
09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey Sbark1 I'll keep an eye out for you. Same offer goes for you, if you see me come by and I'll have a cold one for you.
Right back at you...see you this weekend. :cool:

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Depending on where you are going to be... north of Havasu just past the bridge at Topock... the campground w/ pinnisulas (spelling??) on the left side...
Or going south from Needles... on the right side just before the bridge & Topock...

That Guy
09-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Were is moabi?? :idea:
Just up river from Topock heading towards Needles..... :p

racecar.hotshoe
09-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Just up river from Topock heading towards Needles..... :pSee we have never been there I just dont want to go in water I might hit something.I need a seeing eye boat. :eek:

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:53 PM
See we have never been there I just dont want to go in water I might hit something.I need a seeing eye boat. :eek:
Where are you going to be?

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Your right Mrs. Casean we just got the boat and we are very excited. Don't be jealous, just be glad you have a boat :) . From the looks of your avitar you and the Mr. are young like me so it is much harder for us to get the nice big boat. I started out four years ago in a 79 Sleekcraft that my uncle gave to me, then I upgraded to a 21ft cruiser like you guys have, and just recently got the dream boat. What made it possible for me is splitting the cost with my dad, that way we both have a cool boat at half the cost. Plus we are both equally anal about our stuff so we don't have to worry about the other one damaging it. Another cool thing about our arrangement is my dad already owned a Mastercraft so if both of us have different trips on the same weekend (never happens) one of us is not stuck with out a boat. If you see us come by for a cold one!
I know we all gotta start somewhere, and that is what we did... we are thrilled w/ what we have... and hope to move up to something new next year if possible. It is hard these days for young people (like us:) to just jump ahead w/ something new... we would have got one a while ago but knew the right thing to do was get the house, then the boat... or we would have never got a house! So we waited till this year and are glad w/ our choice!

Scream
09-13-2004, 03:58 PM
See we have never been there I just dont want to go in water I might hit something.I need a seeing eye boat. :eek:
Not to worry,the water is decently deep there and up into Needles propper, but don't try to go past the Needles bridge without some one elses boat under you ...j/k
Moabi is across the river on the Cali side from Topoc, right North of where the I40 crosses the River. Great place to camp/party.
Scream

Speedin' Ian
09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Mrs. Casean buying the house first was a great move. I on the other hand am 23 with a nice boat and truck and a free room in my parents house :D

phebus
09-13-2004, 04:15 PM
We will be there Fri-Sun.

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 06:09 PM
We will be there Fri-Sun.
At Moabi? Or just in general on the water?? We'll look for you! :D

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Mrs. Casean buying the house first was a great move. I on the other hand am 23 with a nice boat and truck and a free room in my parents house :D
Oh to live w/ the parents again... wait NO... couldn't do it... but the rent free was great! For your situation... if you don't need a house... get a nice boat and truck! I on the other hand couldn't live w/ dad anymore so insisted on moving out and putting off some of the nicer things till later... I've had it good w/ my husband though... we all gotta do what we gotta do!

racecar.hotshoe
09-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Where are you going to be?We stay at black meadow landing.

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 06:14 PM
We stay at black meadow landing.
Oh the drive from there would be a good one! But if you don't make it all the way up we'll try to look for you at the sandbar... we'll for sure be there Friday... maybe Saturday.

IN2-IN2MX
09-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey! We'll be there also. :rollside:

racecar.hotshoe
09-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Oh the drive from there would be a good one! But if you don't make it all the way up we'll try to look for you at the sandbar... we'll for sure be there Friday... maybe Saturday.We will be there saturday for sure cant leave tell melissa gets off work fri. :confused:

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Well if you see us, come say hello... and I'll do the same!

Mrs. casean
09-13-2004, 07:11 PM
When are you guys gonna get out there? And where ya staying?

casean
09-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Not to worry,the water is decently deep there and up into Needles propper, but don't try to go past the Needles bridge without some one elses boat under you ...j/k
Moabi is across the river on the Cali side from Topoc, right North of where the I40 crosses the River. Great place to camp/party.
Scream
You definitely got that right. Moabi is a great place (the best in my book) to camp/party.

casean
09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Sounds good! What kind of boat will you be in? Here is our boat.
Speedin,
Here's a pic of our boat. Hopefully we can all meet up this weekend for some cold ones.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1820side_image001.jpg

That Guy
09-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a party in the making.....Saturday, Topock for breakfast, sandbar for lunch and channel for dinner.....see you all there. :D :shift:

Mrs. casean
09-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Definitely gonna be a party! Hopefully we all can hook up and make it an even bigger one! :D

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Not sure if I'm going to head to the sandbar on saturday (chances are I will) but I am sure I'll down there on Friday. I will look for the Caseans on the way down and if I don't see you at your site I'll look for you at Topock or the Sandbar.
SBark if I make it to the Sandbar on Saturday I will definately keep an eye out for you and racecar.hotshoe

Mrs. casean
09-14-2004, 01:49 PM
We'll do the same! That is our plan for friday... and we will try to make it Sat too... Hope to see you there!