PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend at Havasu!

summerlove
09-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Was awesome!
We enjoyed the 32nd Annual Campbell Boat Regatta (I was present at the first one!) and had a blast.
We did the usual party on Friday night, racing in front of the nautical sat and sun, and our famous boat parade Sat night.
Summer Love led the parade, and we picked up a couple of hitchhikers from the naked turtle - John and Michelle, AKA Warlock25, and the rest of the SL crew headed into the channel as the lead boat. As we crossed by the jusdes boat we offered our bribe to them of 5 dozen jumbo shrimp! Gladly, they accepted! We then had our annual channel raft up. After that, I proceeded to my slip at the LBR, headed over to the Nautical for the big bash, and was awarded....drum roll please......
Nicest 24' Cuddy Cruiser. IMHO, the best award of the regatta!
On Sunday, we made it back to the Nautical for more racing and one of my 13YO daughters came in 3rd place in the Powderpuff race (girls only). She was stoked.
From there, we headed up river, past the sandbar to devils elbow where we had our annual end of regatta "weenie" roast. After that, it was back to the Nautical and get the boat out of the water and head home!
All in all, a great weekend!

LHC30Victory
09-13-2004, 01:00 PM
we were out in the channel for your parade! The creativity of those with the cutouts of ski racers were the best! Sure looks like the best regatta i've ever seen. We even saw Y'all show up in Topoc.

Kilrtoy
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Saw you guys(CAMPBELL) out there. Some of those boats were flying during the races...
Saw alot of Nice boats .

FMluvswater
09-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Congrats on your award summerlove! :cool: Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

summerlove
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
we were out in the channel for your parade! The creativity of those with the cutouts of ski racers were the best! Sure looks like the best regatta i've ever seen. We even saw Y'all show up in Topoc.
those guys go all out every year! They do a great job and make the parade what it is. They also always win the top prize!
The races are done however. Something about liability. some of our guys are going to look into keeping it going, but we'll see. That's what makes our regatta so different from the others. Anyone can have a loudest stereo contest! ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. Very kewl!

OutCole'd
09-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Congrats on the award!!