PDA

View Full Version : Changing My Habits

dirty old man
04-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Gas is going to cost so much for my Cig this year, I may do like you guys at Havi do; launch, idle to the channel, park all day, drink beer, then go home. My style of boating is going to be too expensive, I drive my boat all over the lake

piper
04-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I wish there was a lake here. Gas is about $0.30 here. Give or take a penny or two on the exchange. My tactical vehicle is a Chevy 2500HD with all the armor plates and it cost me about $10-12 to fill it up when I'm outside the compound. On the compound it's free. I'm not bragging though. This place still sux!! :crossx:

cxr133
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM
I wish there was a lake here. Gas is about $0.30 here. Give or take a penny or two on the exchange. My tactical vehicle is a Chevy 2500HD with all the armor plates and it cost me about $10-12 to fill it up when I'm outside the compound. On the compound it's free. I'm not bragging though. This place still sux!! :crossx:
can you send over a few gallons.. in milk cartons or 50 gallon drums would be fine.....
ill take a few hundred!!! :crossx:

Quality Time
04-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Gas is going to cost so much for my Cig this year, I may do like you guys at Havi do; launch, idle to the channel, park all day, drink beer, then go home. My style of boating is going to be too expensive, I drive my boat all over the lake
Just got back from Mead. Gas in Henderson is still cheaper than here. Didn't buy gas on the water.

chub
04-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I paid 2.98 a gallon all weekend for boat gas. That sux but the river didn't.
Thanks again for serving us here on Hot Boat proudly! :boxed:

Cheap Thrills
04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I am of the same opinion. I bought my boat to drive and have fun with not sit on the bow and drink . If it sits more than 30 min. during daylight hours , it's because smething broke. :D Having a SBC in it helps with the economy
It takes more gas to get to the lake than it does to run the boat for a weekend. $2.98Gal. now and looking at a .50c increase for the summer.:yuk:
That means I'll spend $150.00 just for fuel. :eek: What happened to the good ole days? I can remember when I spent less on the whole weekend.
Oh well whats a boat-A-holic gonna do ? Stand on it till the wallets screaming for mercy. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127jj.jpg
C.T. :wink:

dirty old man
04-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Cheap Thrills, thats about $50 worth of roostertail

Cheap Thrills
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Cheap Thrills, thats about $50 worth of roostertail
Thanks ,, (I think) :)
With the price of fuel I'm not sure thats a good thing besides
Thats just a little one .. I want a hundred dollar roostertail :D
C.T. :wink:

burtandnancy
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, and the guys in Vegas go from Calville launch ramp, all the way to little Sandy, drink beer and go home. If gas prices keep going up, we'll be boat pooling more often...

NorCal Gameshow
04-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Just got back from Mead. Gas in Henderson is still cheaper than here. Didn't buy gas on the water.
That's funny... the last time I've seen gas anywhere near .30 I was in henderson ...
when I was getting gas for a briggs powered mini-bike :D