PDA

View Full Version : Villepin: STONER ?

carbonmarine
09-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Oh....okay ...... if the world were only so simple Villepin.... !
Ya know, somebody in his own party should kick this guy's ass and tell him shut up and be a real fuggin man ... The reason France was agaist the war was they were on " The take ". The US had proof, so they shut up and went along reluctantly and cried like babies the whole way because we called on their Chit.
Now this chit below from a "coloureful and creative whinner "
Enjoy,
Rick32
SPECIAL NOTE: LONG LIVE THE SHARK !!!!
__________________________________________________ _____________
De Villepin Compares U.S., Bush to 'Sharks'
The United States is a voracious shark in pursuit of its prey while France is a graceful seagull, soaring above the tumult of the world in pursuit of peace and justice and all that is good and holy, wrote former French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin in a new book.
Now France's interior minister and a poet...., de Villepin has written "Le Requin et La Mouette" (The Shark and the Seagull), in which he uses poetic imagery to justify his nation's vehement opposition to the Iraq war.
Borrowing the terms shark and seagull from another French author, Eric Cantona, the elegant de Villepin implies that the shark, "a symbol of power, strength and the refusal to be halted by the complexity of the world ... cutting through the sea and pouncing on its prey," represents George Bush's America, which simple-mindedly rejects other cultures.
France, on the other hand, is represented by the seagull, a symbol of sweet reasonableness "intoxicated by the sky."
"She turns, carried by the winds, with undulating wing, uttering from time to time her agonising peal of laughter. "She watches, soars, comes closer, climbs, descends, turns suddenly. The straight line is rarely her course. She listens to the world."
He fails to add another, less-grand feature of the seagull's behavior: its tendency to emulate pigeons in New York's Central Park, leaving behind less desirable reminders of their presence splattered on statues, park benches and other parts of the landscape.
The world needs la fraternite (brotherhood), he writes.
"With a restless eye, with an open soul, let us embrace the contours of diversity," he urges, without explaining how such divergent personalities as Osama bin Laden, for example, can be encouraged to embrace la fraternite.
The point of all this poetic imagery, de Villepin notes, is the need for the seagull and the shark to reconcile their values, which appears to mean that in the name of diversity the U.S. must become a seagull, just like la belle France.

Jeanyus
09-14-2004, 02:44 AM
The only seagulls that I see, are at the dump, eating garbage.

steelcomp
09-14-2004, 05:49 AM
seagulls are just flying rats

eliminatedsprinter
09-14-2004, 08:53 AM
This guy sounds more like an effeminate loon than a seagull.

RealDarthPoncho
09-14-2004, 09:52 AM
The oil for food program was a big money maker for both France, Germany, and a few other UN members high on the list of suspects. (Canada being real high up) The other nations promote anti-American sentiment for another reason.
No other industrialized nation guarantee's the rights and freedoms of its citizens in their constitutions; like the United States. The only reasons the other countries even act in a democratic manner is because of the United States. The fact is when other governments speak out or go against the U.S. itÂ’s usually when our democracy is at the fore front of discussion on the world stage. Sure the President is the most powerfull leader in the world long as they are outside the United States and that my friends is the truth the leaders of the world do not want their people to discover, their governments have rule over them!

Dave C
09-14-2004, 05:49 PM
The UN, france and Germany don't like it when you point out their corruption........ (oil for kickbacks... i meant... food) ;)

uclahater
09-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Oh....okay ...... if the world were only so simple Villepin.... !
Ya know, somebody in his own party should kick this guy's ass and tell him shut up and be a real fuggin man ... The reason France was agaist the war was they were on " The take ". The US had proof, so they shut up and went along reluctantly and cried like babies the whole way because we called on their Chit.
Now this chit below from a "coloureful and creative whinner "
Enjoy,
Rick32
SPECIAL NOTE: LONG LIVE THE SHARK !!!!
__________________________________________________ _____________
De Villepin Compares U.S., Bush to 'Sharks'
The United States is a voracious shark in pursuit of its prey while France is a graceful seagull, soaring above the tumult of the world in pursuit of peace and justice and all that is good and holy, wrote former French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin in a new book.
Now France's interior minister and a poet...., de Villepin has written "Le Requin et La Mouette" (The Shark and the Seagull), in which he uses poetic imagery to justify his nation's vehement opposition to the Iraq war.
Borrowing the terms shark and seagull from another French author, Eric Cantona, the elegant de Villepin implies that the shark, "a symbol of power, strength and the refusal to be halted by the complexity of the world ... cutting through the sea and pouncing on its prey," represents George Bush's America, which simple-mindedly rejects other cultures.
France, on the other hand, is represented by the seagull, a symbol of sweet reasonableness "intoxicated by the sky."
"She turns, carried by the winds, with undulating wing, uttering from time to time her agonising peal of laughter. "She watches, soars, comes closer, climbs, descends, turns suddenly. The straight line is rarely her course. She listens to the world."
He fails to add another, less-grand feature of the seagull's behavior: its tendency to emulate pigeons in New York's Central Park, leaving behind less desirable reminders of their presence splattered on statues, park benches and other parts of the landscape.
The world needs la fraternite (brotherhood), he writes.
"With a restless eye, with an open soul, let us embrace the contours of diversity," he urges, without explaining how such divergent personalities as Osama bin Laden, for example, can be encouraged to embrace la fraternite.
The point of all this poetic imagery, de Villepin notes, is the need for the seagull and the shark to reconcile their values, which appears to mean that in the name of diversity the U.S. must become a seagull, just like la belle France.
This guy must be AZ Dons Hero :yuk: :yuk:

HighRoller
09-16-2004, 04:26 AM
I think that's funny as hell, but very accurate. A seagull is a bottom-feeding animal generally considered a nuisance by all.(Just like France) A shark is the ruler of the ocean, respected and feared by all and criticized only by those who don't understand it or cannot fend for themselves in the same way.
The motivation behind the hatred of the U.S. is guilt and cowardice. The French are trying to hide the fact they are cowards by criticizing the U.S. as a war mongering country. As usual, they are wrong. Nobody likes war, Frenchie, but at least we have the balls to fight if we have to. This guy is about as respected as war protesters here in the states. They are afraid to fight for anything, so they carry a sign instead to assuage their guilt.

Jeanyus
09-16-2004, 05:38 AM
TOUCHE'
A group of Americans, retired teachers, recently went to France on a tour
Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane.
At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his
carry on
You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer
asked sarcastically.
Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.
"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.
" The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."
"Impossible. Americans always have to show passports on arrival in France!"
The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly
explained. "Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44 to
help liberate this country, I couldn't find any damn Frenchmen to show it to."

steelcomp
09-16-2004, 05:48 AM
TOUCHE'
A group of Americans, retired teachers, recently went to France on a tour
Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane.
At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his
carry on
You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer
asked sarcastically.
Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.
"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.
" The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."
"Impossible. Americans always have to show passports on arrival in France!"
The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly
explained. "Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44 to
help liberate this country, I couldn't find any damn Frenchmen to show it to."
They seem to forget that, don't they. And they still haven't even paid a dime of interest on the money they owe us.
Fock the French.