PDA

View Full Version : Overnight parking in Havasu?????

Kachina26
09-13-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm gonna camp out overnight and plan to leave my rig at the launch ramp. A friend and his kids will be meeting me mid-day Saturday. Where can he park and leave the car safely overnight? I was thinking by the dog park in the channel. Is this safe and legal?

charlyox
09-13-2004, 07:56 PM
every year me and my friends do a sleepover on the boats. we launch at site 6. we have never had any problems leaving our rigs overnight there.

Mr.Havasu
09-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Why not leave the car parked at the Nauticle? How would anyone know the car didn't belong to a hotel guest?

Kachina26
09-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Why not leave the car parked at the Nauticle? How would anyone know the car didn't belong to a hotel guest?
Thought crossed my mind, I don't know if they issue parking passes to guests.

charlyox
09-13-2004, 08:19 PM
The Nautical DOES issue parking passes.When you check in they give you 2 wristbands.you put one on your trailer and one on your boat.If you don't have one they will tow your rig and if you don't have one on your boat they will kick you off the beach like they do at the Avi

phebus
09-14-2004, 05:21 AM
I always wondered about parking on the beach at the Nautical. At what point (water level) does their property end. Do they own to the waterline, or what?

Kachina26
09-14-2004, 05:31 AM
I always wondered about parking on the beach at the Nautical. At what point (water level) does their property end. Do they own to the waterline, or what?
Being you can't sleep in the channel, I would think that even if you moored far enough out there is probably a rule against overnight mooring in the bay.

ChumpChange
09-14-2004, 05:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it is just the channel specifically. There are signs when entering the channel that state 'no overnight mooring'. As I take it, you can moor anywhere else on the lake and camp anywhere. Beware of having a state pass which is the same as the Windsor pass that allows you to camp anywhere that is controlled by the state.

Mr.Havasu
09-14-2004, 07:01 AM
The Nautical DOES issue parking passes.When you check in they give you 2 wristbands.you put one on your trailer and one on your boat.If you don't have one they will tow your rig and if you don't have one on your boat they will kick you off the beach like they do at the Avi
So if you go to the turtle(for example) and call a cab home, are you saying they will tow your vehicle if left over night?

91nordic29
09-14-2004, 07:16 AM
cattail cove has parking for rigs. i know it is a little farther south but the lot is lighted and secure (state park)