PDA

View Full Version : DCB Regatta Poker Run

CATasstrophic
09-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Just out of curiosity...what are the chances of the 1st & 2nd place poker run winners being on the same boat and BOTH getting 4 of a kind? Hmmmmm.....coincidence?? :crossx:

XtrmWakeborder
09-13-2004, 09:24 PM
yes?

Bre
09-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Just out of curiosity...what are the chances of the 1st & 2nd place poker run winners being on the same boat and BOTH getting 4 of a kind? Hmmmmm.....coincidence?? :crossx:
HUH? :confused:

framer1
09-14-2004, 04:45 AM
My sister-in law had a full house and didn't even place. When we got to the dinner she was still in first place. Not quite sure what happen. Oh well :frown:

FastTimmy
09-14-2004, 06:08 AM
I try not to think about it and assume that everone is honest..It is alot of money to not be tempted but I just go for the fun of burning fuel with friends..
Timmy

framer1
09-14-2004, 06:16 AM
I have a hard time thinking the poker run is fixed. It isn't that much money :hammerhea I was just stating a fact about my sister- in law. No big deal.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2004, 08:56 AM
I have a hard time thinking the poker run is fixed. It isn't that much money :hammerhea I was just stating a fact about my sister- in law. No big deal.
I was standing there when she got the full house too.. I thought she had it.. :eek: I even got excited for her..

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Sounds like the fix was in...... 2 - 4 of a kind on the same boat :cool: It depends how many decks they used. If it was 2 to 3 decks the odds are 300,000 to 1......
:crossx:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Sounds like the fix was in...... 2 - 4 of a kind on the same boat :cool: It depends how many decks they used. If it was 2 to 3 decks the odds are 300,000 to 1......
:crossx:
there was no fix in it.. .. how can it be fixed..

Charley
09-14-2004, 12:19 PM
depends if Jokers wild required ALL envelopes sealed for each card as they were delivered to the table... my guess is no... 2 x 4 of a kind is nearly impossible!

CATasstrophic
09-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Let's think about it...2nd place winner got 4 10's, 1st place winner got 4 Jacks. What are the odds of that?? Slim to none! And on the same boat? Come on!! The people handing out cards at the stops weren't even checking how many cards we already had!! We could have asked for as many cards as we wanted at each stop. They asked us not to open the envelopes but you'd have to go through A LOT of cards to get 4 10's and 4 Jacks. It's not about the money...why should people cheat? If you got enough money to own a DCB - why cheat for a measily $1300? Gas money? Gimme a break!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Let's think about it...2nd place winner got 4 10's, 1st place winner got 4 Jacks. What are the odds of that?? Slim to none! And on the same boat? Come on!! The people handing out cards at the stops weren't even checking how many cards we already had!! We could have asked for as many cards as we wanted at each stop. They asked us not to open the envelopes but you'd have to go through A LOT of cards to get 4 10's and 4 Jacks. It's not about the money...why should people cheat? If you got enough money to own a DCB - why cheat for a measily $1300? Gas money? Gimme a break!!
Thats true and I don't really care.. we had fun and nobody got hurt.. plus.. I think the winner owned a shockwave. But who knows.. :)

Bre
09-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh ok.. now I understand :D Ya that sounds kinda odd... should I call Todd and talk shit :idea: :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2004, 01:05 PM
depends if Jokers wild required ALL envelopes sealed for each card as they were delivered to the table... my guess is no... 2 x 4 of a kind is nearly impossible!
Every poker run I've done with Jokers Wild and Todd's peeps has required the envelopes to be sealed when turned in. To imply that Todd and his peeps were somehow involved in a fix is calling into question Todd's ethics which I think is not fair as he is a standup guy.

CATasstrophic
09-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Every poker run I've done with Jokers Wild and Todd's peeps has required the envelopes to be sealed when turned in. To imply that Todd and his peeps were somehow involved in a fix is calling into question Todd's ethics which I think is not fair as he is a standup guy.
Don't get me wrong...Jokers Wild did an awesome job. I just think we're all in it for fun. Jokers Wild didn't do anything wrong. They gave us all the benefit of the doubt that we wouldn't tamper with the envelopes...but it looks like some people did anyway. 2 four of a kinds? Ha!! Why not 5 of a kind!! I guess that would be TOO OBVIOUS!! Oh well! That's just me being sarcastic. I still had a good time!!

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't think Charley is questioning JW or Todd, it was the way it was handled. I didn't do the Poker run but normally you get a number and when you go to the stops they give you a envolpe with the matching number and they tell you not to open the envolpes and that a staff member would do that. If this was done and the 2 people on the sme boat got 4 of a kind they need to play the lottery. Getting 2 x 4 of a kind on the same boat is just a real long shot....

CEO
09-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm not bitter just because I got a lousy pair of 6s, it was a fricking great time for everyone I talked to there. It was great that all my kids got something from the raffle .....

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm not bitter just because I got a lousy pair of 6s, it was a fricking great time for everyone I talked to there. It was great that all my kids got something from the raffle .....
so did you.. :p

OneTime
09-15-2004, 07:22 AM
:hammerhea
We do a Poker Run just about every weekend so we pre package cards for multiple events at a time. We probably use around 200 decks of cards, they are all mixed up in one large bin. All of the cards are sealed in a small manila envelope with our logo and there is a piece of dark colored card stock covering the face of each card.
My staff is instructed to replace any cards that appear to have been opened or tampered with. We post all winners on a board and as they are beat they are removed from the board.
We have considered using chips instead of sealed cards then dealing from one deck at a time when you turn in your chips. It sure would be easier and more cost effective for us although it seems that people like to have the actual cards with them during the poker run.
I’m not that stupid to place my reputation or my company’s reputation on the line for a few thousand bucks. (I have a pretty cool job) :cool:
Todd Taylor
Jokers Wild Promotions

Havasu_Dreamin
09-15-2004, 07:38 AM
There you have it! Like I said, Todd is a standup guy! And Todd, yes, you do have a GREAT JOB! :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-15-2004, 07:55 AM
We do a Poker Run just about every weekend so we pre package cards for multiple events at a time. We probably use around 200 decks of cards, they are all mixed up in one large bin. All of the cards are sealed in a small manila envelope with our logo and there is a piece of dark colored card stock covering the face of each card.
My staff is instructed to replace any cards that appear to have been opened or tampered with. We post all winners on a board and as they are beat they are removed from the board.
We have considered using chips instead of sealed cards then dealing from one deck at a time when you turn in your chips. It sure would be easier and more cost effective for us although it seems that people like to have the actual cards with them during the poker run.
I’m not that stupid to place my reputation or my company’s reputation on the line for a few thousand bucks. (I have a pretty cool job) :cool:
Todd Taylor
Jokers Wild Promotions
I think you did a great job and I like the way you did it.. you are a stand up guy with great people working with you. I had a blast and hope to do it again.. BTW the trophy we won is awesome.. thank you.. :shift:

andy01
09-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Todd Taylor
Jokers Wild Promotions
What's up Todd! You still have that office with the sick view?
I don't think Jokers Wild would have anything to do with this. They would have nothing to gane. I think as long as there is a system there will be a way to beat the system. And there is always somebody trying to beat the system everyday. Wheather that is the case here or not who will ever know.
Andy

DryHeatOnly
09-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Wow dude...that's a bold statement! :lightsabe ;)
We're at the table, my friend hands my wife the 8 envelopes we collected during the run. She fans them out...they pick their 4 and I take the other 4. Me and Joey go to the table. Joey goes first. He picks his 5th card from the table. The nice lady begins opening the envelopes...10.10.10...10!!! The last card was a 9. That put him in the lead. We were stoked to say the least. I said, dude, I'm gonna beat you with 4 Kings! :D
Now it was my turn...I picked my 5th card from the stack too...She began opening the envelopes...King. Jack. Jack. Jack. We were all in disbelief at this point. The lady opened the last card, held it for a little drama, stood up, and gave me a double high-five...Joker!!!
My friend was so pissed that I beat him. We were all pretty shocked.
I agree...the odds are off the scale. :sqeyes:
Maybe it's me...but...at this year's RRX Regatta I was next in line behind No Regrets when he bought 3 or 4 poker hands at the table (he didn't make the run). His son divided them into stacks of 5. He wound up winning 1st and 2nd second place!
Anyway, I know you're not calling us a cheater for real ;)
and...no, I don't need gas money :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Wow dude...that's a bold statement! :lightsabe ;)
We're at the table, my friend hands my wife the 8 envelopes we collected during the run. She fans them out...they pick their 4 and I take the other 4. Me and Joey go to the table. Joey goes first. He picks his 5th card from the table. The nice lady begins opening the envelopes...10.10.10...10!!! The last card was a 9. That put him in the lead. We were stoked to say the least. I said, dude, I'm gonna beat you with 4 Kings! :D
Now it was my turn...I picked my 5th card from the stack too...She began opening the envelopes...King. Jack. Jack. Jack. We were all in disbelief at this point. The lady opened the last card, held it for a little drama, stood up, and gave me a double high-five...Joker!!!
My friend was so pissed that I beat him. We were all pretty shocked.
I agree...the odds are off the scale. :sqeyes:
Maybe it's me...but...at this year's RRX Regatta I was next in line behind No Regrets when he bought 3 or 4 poker hands at the table (he didn't make the run). His son divided them into stacks of 5. He wound up winning 1st and 2nd second place!
Anyway, I know you're not calling us a cheater for real ;)
and...no, I don't need gas money :D
like I said.. I don't think the winner owned a DCB .. :p
we all had a great time and congrats on the win sweetie.. :D

DryHeatOnly
09-15-2004, 09:57 AM
like I said.. I don't think the winner owned a DCB .. :p
we all had a great time and congrats on the win sweetie.. :D
You were right...I own a Shockwave :2purples: but for the day I was in a DCB. :D (kinda like another couple we both know ;) )
Thanks MFV :cool: ;)

Bre
09-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Todd Taylor
Jokers Wild Promotions
Thanks Todd.....
Got your email.. I will call you later :cool:

Charley
09-15-2004, 10:58 AM
first of all I thanked Todd 4 times that weekend for his efforts...He seems to be a super cool guy.... I would not and did not imply Todd fixed it, but my thought was if the ladies at the table were not informed on the envelopes being sealed then It is certainly possible it could happen without notice. If that happend it still would not be pointing the finger at Todd or Jokers Wild.. It would just be unfortunate ...period

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-15-2004, 11:01 AM
You were right...I own a Shockwave :2purples: but for the day I was in a DCB. :D (kinda like another couple we both know ;) )
Thanks MFV :cool: ;)
your welcome sweetie.. we all had a great time.. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
09-15-2004, 12:14 PM
first of all I thanked Todd 4 times that weekend for his efforts...He seems to be a super cool guy.... I would not and did not imply Todd fixed it, but my thought was if the ladies at the table were not informed on the envelopes being sealed then It is certainly possible it could happen without notice. If that happend it still would not be pointing the finger at Todd or Jokers Wild.. It would just be unfortunate ...period
I agree wholeheartedly with you Charley. I certainly did not mean to directly accuse you of saying it was fixed by Todd and his people. However, when I look back at what I wrote, I can certainly see why you would think that is what I was saying. For that I apologize. :cool:

DryHeatOnly
09-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Well, it's been about 24 hours since my post about the Poker Run. Only MFV has replied back :cool:
Where is Catasstrophic (or whatever your real screen name is)? You had me tried and convicted of cheating and now you're not contesting my story? I guess I was expecting some sort of reply from you. You can PM me if you'd like to keep it behind the scenes (I'm not looking for any drama). ;)
DHO

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2004, 08:59 AM
yah what he said.. where did you go Mr.. and also was this guy there.. I want to know if I met him.. :smile: if so who was he with.

CEO
09-16-2004, 07:23 PM
so did you.. :p
Yes I did....<kiss>
thank you again......

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Yes I did....<kiss>
thank you again......
No problem.. I still want one of your margaritas.. :p

CEO
09-16-2004, 07:33 PM
I may have not won the Poker run, but...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1264DCB_Prince-med.jpg
anytime Mrs Vee for Margies

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2004, 07:45 PM
I may have not won the Poker run, but...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1264DCB_Prince-med.jpg
anytime Mrs Vee for Margies
hey that is cool.. Did you see our trophy.. it's cool. :p

CEO
09-17-2004, 02:20 PM
hey that is cool.. Did you see our trophy.. it's cool. :p
Yes I did, and it was very nice

Charley
09-18-2004, 08:34 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with you Charley. I certainly did not mean to directly accuse you of saying it was fixed by Todd and his people. However, when I look back at what I wrote, I can certainly see why you would think that is what I was saying. For that I apologize. :cool:
Just getting this now... Thank you H_D apology accepted :D
Once again huge thanks to Todd and his crew for a job well done! :D

amw
09-19-2004, 08:32 AM
hey ceo saw you by billy burger i really like your mach it looks great to bad we didnt get to cruise during the poker run maybe next time