PDA

View Full Version : Jungle getting a whipple installed

Jungle Boy
12-21-2001, 04:54 PM
I finally broke down and pulled the motor last time home and took it to AMS in Edmonton. Louie is going to knock down commpression to 9:1 and install a whipplecharger. From his experience, we are looking to pull about 525 - 540 HP from a 383 stroker SBC with about 5 lbs boost. With any luck, it should be ready for the dyno sometime in January. I will post the results. I don't plan to run much more than the 5-6 lbs boost cause it's going to be a play motor and he says the high the boost, the shorter the wick. Does anyone have any experience with these type of superchargers?

superdave013
12-21-2001, 09:03 PM
You will love it. A buddy of mine tested them on his GN boat for Whipple.
I think they are the best superchargers out now. Are you getting the Whipple intercooler? You should I think. It's a very nice unit and will not only make more power but help save parts too.

mister460
12-21-2001, 11:19 PM
Hey Jungle, don't run high boost with that high co-mpression. You might get away with it for a little while, but not long. If you are gonna run more than 6-7lbs. of boost, drop it to lower than 8.2-1 comp ratio. Just my4 and a half cents!

Jungle Boy
12-22-2001, 03:40 AM
SD13, Yes i'm getting the intercooler. It makes sense to save the engine with all the money I've got in it. 460, the boost will remain at 5 lbs. I don't want to take the chance. I take hear the whipple whine in my sleep already.