PDA

View Full Version : This is Why....

Jbb
09-14-2004, 02:39 AM
This is Why... (http://teamhouse.tni.net/Misc/noplay/cockpit.htm)

Infomaniac
09-14-2004, 02:50 AM
I hate it when that happens.
Those things start up that easy huh?

Jbb
09-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Yep...lol
Funny story...Right after EAL took delivery of their first batch of L-1011's..a couple of mech's were taxiing one to the gate,lost B sys hydraulics...forgot about the B/C switch right in front off him..saw the terminal fast approaching..threw all three into full reverse...and crashed into and through the terminal wall....the guy in the F/O seat gets pinned by the glareshield which was now in his lap crushing his legs...the guy in the capts seat panics and runs to the aft cabin, pops the slide and is not seen for 4 days...So here is a brand new plane...with one guy unconcious in it,stuck into the terminal...in full reverse....They came up thru the E/E door and shut the engines down and got the injured guy out....Lockheed flew in a team to graft a new nose on it from the fwd cabin door foreward...for a mere 13 million dollars...What became of the genius who did this and ran...they made him a foreman ,of course!...never lost a days pay over it!...Fast foreward to 1981 and I come into work one day...and they tell me my L1011 taxi recurrency check is due..and to report to the aircraft on gate c-20 for my check ride...I step into the cockpit ,and who is the instructor sitting in the captains seat...you guessed it...the 13 million dollar man! :D ...such irony...lol...every two weeks or so till the airlines demise, copys of an Atlanta Journal article with pictures of that plane stuck in the concourse wall would magically appear all over the walls around the maintenance offices.....yep...the good old days... :D

LUVNLIFE
09-14-2004, 03:29 AM
Theres lever A, lever C, and the most important lever, lever B :boxed:

Sleek-Jet
09-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Remember, Judgment comes from experience...
.... experience comes from lack of judgment.
One of my instructors at school taught the philosophy that the quickest way to get promoted was to fock something up. The bigger the fock up, the bigger the promotion.

JetBoatRich
09-14-2004, 04:42 AM
That will get you in trouble :confused: