PDA

View Full Version : Extremely pissed off Aftershock owner?

dmontzsta
09-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I was driving in to work this morning and looked off at the Aftershock building. I see a F350 with a red and white aftershock hooked up to it. He had big signs that said "DO NOT BUY BOATS FROM AFTERSHOCK".

dicudmore
09-14-2004, 09:10 AM
that would be the one that caught fire....
there's a thread here, title is PROFIT OVER SAFETY or something like that....
here's the link..
aftershock fire (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57736)

FRENCHIE
09-14-2004, 09:11 AM
common Dmnostra bro your on here every day you should know dis by now!!! :rolleyes: :rollside:

mirvin
09-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Dang... It's funny how sometime you just miss a thread intirely!! I just went through and read the "Profits over Safety".
I hope they can work things out.
mirvin

Jordy
09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
There is also another thread about a "Commander on fire"... and possibly one more on here.

Boozer
09-14-2004, 09:40 AM
I'm going to go talk to this guy and ask him to post to the forums. Im about 20 minutes form the 91 and 71 freeway so and planning to go work in riverside and coirona today anyhow ill go see whats up. I'll post later and let you guys know.

dmontzsta
09-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm going to go talk to this guy and ask him to post to the forums. Im about 20 minutes form the 91 and 71 freeway so and planning to go work in riverside and coirona today anyhow ill go see whats up. I'll post later and let you guys know.
It is a small shop, I think the company is Aftershock and another one, it is right off the 91 just west of Commander boats and the overpass.

dmontzsta
09-14-2004, 09:44 AM
common Dmnostra bro your on here every day you should know dis by now!!! :rolleyes: :rollside:
Dang dude, I must have been MIA through that thread.

FRENCHIE
09-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Dang dude, I must have been MIA through that thread.
it happens!! :cool:

Boozer
09-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Is Aftershock ewast or west of the 71?

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Is Aftershock ewast or west of the 71?
East

Boozer
09-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks I'll head down there right now and get the whole scoop. I think I'm going to go inside and get the scoop form aftershock directly too in the event that they will talk to me about it.

FRENCHIE
09-14-2004, 09:53 AM
East
i will refrain from comments on afterschock!!! :p

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks I'll head down there right now and get the whole scoop. I think I'm going to go inside and get the scoop form aftershock directly too in the event that they will talk to me about it.
I doubt very seriously if Aftershock will talk with you about the burned up boat out front of their shop. If you do get them to talk Boozer I would be very surprised. Good luck!

Mandelon
09-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Investigative reporter Boozer is en route to the scene of the action......... :)

coolchange
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
"Hi, do you mind if we ask you a few questions?"
"Huh? Oh, I'm from the Hot Boat boards. My Name is Boozer."
" Hey, you can't do that, get your *&%*(^ hands off me!!"

rrrr
09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
"Hi, do you mind if we ask you a few questions?"
"Huh? Oh, I'm from the Hot Boat boards. My Name is Boozer."
" Hey, you can't do that, get your *&%*(^ hands off me!!"
LMAO....
:D :D

mirvin
09-14-2004, 10:47 AM
This might be a stoopid question, but, is there a difference between Aftershock and Shockwave?
mirvin :p :boxingguy :lightsabe :devil: :D :sqeyes:

jbtrailerjim
09-14-2004, 10:52 AM
This might be a stoopid question, but, is there a difference between Aftershock and Shockwave?
LOL....Your just trying to piss off them Shockwave owners ain't ya. :D :D

BarryMac
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Oh shit, somebody hold Frenchie, he is gonna be pissed... :D :burningm: :D
gjb

mirvin
09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
LOL....Your just trying to piss off them Shockwave owners ain't ya. :D :D
Well, yeah, I'll admit that...but it was a dual purpose question in that I honestly don't know much about either builder, other then there's lots of SHockwavers on the boards that seem to dislike Aftershock.
mirvin :)

RiverDave
09-14-2004, 10:56 AM
They are two completely seperate companies owned by differet people.. and I'm pretty sure they are in different cities as well.
RD

mirvin
09-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for taking me serioulsy Dave ;)
mirvin :D

Ziggy
09-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Investigative reporter Boozer is en route to the scene of the action......... :)
Film at 11:00 :rollside:
I don't get into bashing, my brand gets bashed as it is so to bash on someone else would be hypocritical. btw-my boat has been great :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
i will refrain from comments on afterschock!!! :p
Just out of curiousity here Frenchie, and seriously, I am in no way trying to start a pissing contest but what is your personal experience with Aftershock that makes you so bitter other than the fact that you own a Shockwave? It seems most Shockwave owners dislike Aftershock and I am curious as to why.
If you would like to know why I don't care for Shockwave, its because when we were boat shopping, we were treated like crap at Shockwave. Seems to have been out of the norm for them but it was our experience.
I am not defending or pimping Aftershock here, just curious as to why so many hard feelings towards them.
Linda

PHX ATC
09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Shockwave and Aftershock are actually right down the road from one another. I think.
I'm not positive, but I think a couple of exworkers or exowner or exemployees of Shockwave (somehow they were involved in the Shockwave boat industry) decided to go it on their own and did......Aftershock Boat Co.
I do believe there were hurt feelings, nasty things said, possibly monetary involvement, I dunno, I can't remember the story entirely. My brain capacity is limited these days to my own small life.
Anyhow, they are completely different nowadays. I've never been on an Aftershock, but been on plenty of Shockwaves and they are nice, nice, nice!

Ziggy
09-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks for taking me serioulsy Dave ;)
mirvin :D
Mr Irvin :D Someone reliable once told me also that Aftershock was someone who had once worked at/for Shockwave...hence the After"shock" name. Could be true or not but I took it for granted as the source was reputable.

mirvin
09-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Film at 11:00 :rollside:
I don't get into bashing, my brand gets bashed as it is so to bash on someone else would be hypocritical. btw-my boat has been great :D
Lemme guess, you have a Commander??
mirvin- oh and thanks for the reps. I've spread too many so I'll have to wait to ding ya back. :smile:

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 11:09 AM
First off maybe people have have the story from both sides.
1st this boat was bought as a bare hull and rigged by someone else besides Aftershock.
2nd the person who rigged it messed up the fuel fills. They asked Aftershock to fill the old holes and put new ones in as they did. Then the owner gerry rigged the way it went to tanks. So when he filled it with gas it went into the bilge. Then BOOM! As someone else stated this person didn't have insurance and is strong arming Aftershock to give him a new boat.
3rd The owner as a pretty intresting past and is really well known in San Diego. Dave at DCB can fill you in on him even more.
So it sounds like to me this person was into saving money on the rigging and safety was not a issue.

PHX ATC
09-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Boatfloating, you always get "the other side," don't you. :cool:
Interesting to note, if that's the way it went down. Somebody should go ask him if that's what happened. Come to think of it, somebody should go ask him to come post on here what happened. Imagine the drama. :rollside:
Whomever rigged the fuel intake hose inside the engine compartment needs to have his/her head examined.
Continue on with the thread, it makes for interesting reading today.

jbtrailerjim
09-14-2004, 11:15 AM
It seems most Shockwave owners dislike Aftershock and I am curious as to why.
Linda
IMO...I think it comes from the influence of the people at Shockwave. When I was there last summer I asked the salesman Greg (no longer there) if there was some tie in between the two companys and he told me his side of the story of how they were formerly involved with each other. It didn't sound like it was a friendly parting between the two companys. I definitely got the feeling he and the rest of the peeps at Shockwave don't care for the folks over at Aftershock. But this is just my own observation I had after the conversation.

PHX ATC
09-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Just out of curiousity here Frenchie, and seriously, I am in no way trying to start a pissing contest but what is your personal experience with Aftershock that makes you so bitter other than the fact that you own a Shockwave? It seems most Shockwave owners dislike Aftershock and I am curious as to why.
If you would like to know why I don't care for Shockwave, its because when we were boat shopping, we were treated like crap at Shockwave. Seems to have been out of the norm for them but it was our experience.
I am not defending or pimping Aftershock here, just curious as to why so many hard feelings towards them.
Linda
Linda,
I think FRENCHIE meant that this is an opportunity for him to throw accolades and suave comments about how he loves his Shockwave boat, not necessarily slam Aftershock. He tends to do that from time to time... :cool: He will take an item of interest on another boat manufacturer that might be out of the ordinary, funny, bad, or downright dangerous and turn the tables as to how his beloved Shockwave would never had even come close to having that happen. It's all in fun...he is proud of his Shockwave boat and takes every opportunity to pimp it if you know what I mean. :wink:
He meant it as a tongue in cheek comment, I'm sure, with no harm meant to the owners of Aftershock boats, especially yours. You've a nice boat, in my opinion. As long as you like it, that's what matters.
I don't mean to defend him or speak for him, just to let you know that's my opinion on his response in this thread.
He's just a little wacked out on the Shockwave product promotional opps. I think the IV bag full of Shockwave gelcoat just got changed to a new bag! :D
I'm sure he will respond........
Toby

Boozer
09-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Just spoke with the Dave owner of the Aftershock.
4 weeks ago he was out in the big blue with a friend and the firends girlfriend who had planned to purchase the boat from him. Upon fueling up at a fuel dock in the san diego harbor a fire occured. The fire resulted in severe damage to the boat, one injured person, and the owner David getting blasted off of it when the first gas tank exploded. 2 people on Sea Doo's rescued them and put out the fire.
Apparenlty Aftershock will not assume liability for the boat because they did not rig it. The boat was purchased with Hull, Tanks, Interior but lacking power, drive, and gauges. It was rigged by WPM and upon the completion of rigging it was not able to be filled up with gas due to the rigging. Aftershocks solution was to relocate the fuel fills on top of the gas tanks inside the engine compartment.
Dave Initially requested $150,000 from Aftershock. $90,000 for the boat and $20,000 for each person on board. His request was denied and Aftershock has been of no assistance to him.
Dave will be on at 7pm tonight to give the rest of the details and anything else I might have left out.
The damage assesment is as follows:
"
Evidence overwhelmingly points to the fire originating at the aft starboard section of the engine compartment. This evidence includes the fact that the greatest amount of engine-cover plywood was prolyzed at this location. Thise evidence includes the greatest depth of char on the gunnelfiberglass and engine-cover plywood at this location (Figure 1). This evidence uncludes the melted gas cap and components and the relatively complete consumption of the fill-tub rubber type gasket and the greater loss of electrical wire insulation (Figure 2), Lastly, eye witness accounts from two individuals not related to the boat owner, corroborate the fire origin at the starborad stern where flems were seen rising off of the top surface of the starboard gas tank.
It is noted that gas tank fill-tube access-holes in the upper aft-wales (both port and starboard sides) were sealed over with fiberglass, and the gas caps for both fuel tanks was then located inside the boat's engine compartment. This location for the opening cap was a decision and rehabilitation undertaken by the contractor during the engine compartment renovation.
Sincerely,
Scott Deal, M.S. FPE...
"

Boozer
09-14-2004, 11:21 AM
3rd The owner as a pretty intresting past and is really well known in San Diego. Dave at DCB can fill you in on him even more.
Ironic. He was wearing a DCB hat.

Wally_Gator
09-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Boozer,
So, to clear things up. Aftershock rigged the fuel fills inside the engine compartment?

mirvin
09-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Am I missing something here?? I could give a rats ass about Aftershock or Shockwave or Commander or all that b.s.
It doesnt' matter who rigged the boat. All that matters is that the boat came to the company with a problem and the company's solution to the problem caused the accident. I assume the customer paid for the repairs and therefore expected a certain standard of repair.
Correct me if I'm wrong. :cool:
mirvin

Boozer
09-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Boozer,
So, to clear things up. Aftershock rigged the fuel fills inside the engine compartment?
Yup they sure did. I am looking at a sheet with coat guard regulations right now that state the following.
Sec. 183.564 Fuel Tank Fill System.
(a) Each Fuel fill opening must be located so that a gasoline overflow of up to five gallons per minute for at least 5 seconds will not enter the boat when the boat is in its static floating position.
(b) Each hose in the tank fill system must be secured to a pipe, spud, or hose fitting by:
(1) A swagged sleeve
(2) A sleeve and threaded insert
(3) Two adjacent metallic hose clamps that do not depend solely on the spring tension of the clamps for compressive force
Etc. Etc. Etc.

jdogginla
09-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Soooooooo AfterShock did not do the intial install? But they were the ones that put the fuel fillers inside the engine compartment? I'm still a lil green with boats and this board, but why would someone rig it that way? And just out of curiousity, why would u buy a boat that is not rigged, but have it rigged somewhere else. Do you really save that much money?

Boozer
09-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Soooooooo AfterShock did not do the intial install? But they were the ones that put the fuel fillers inside the engine compartment? I'm still a lil green with boats and this board, but why would someone rig it that way? And just out of curiousity, why would u buy a boat that is not rigged, but have it rigged somewhere else. Do you really save that much money?
Money is only one reason to do that. Another might be that he was aware that a boat rigged by Aftershock may not be the best rig job around so instead he contracted WPM to rig it because they would do a nicer rig job.

RiverToysJas
09-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Am I missing something here?? I could give a rats ass about Aftershock or Shockwave or Commander or all that b.s.
It doesnt' matter who rigged the boat. All that matters is that the boat came to the company with a problem and the company's solution to the problem caused the accident. I assume the customer paid for the repairs and therefore expected a certain standard of repair.
Correct me if I'm wrong. :cool:
mirvin
That's the way I see it.
RTJas

fourspeednup
09-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Looks to me like aftershock got burned(pun intended) over a repair job that they didn't want to do in the first place. When I worked as an automotive tech it was not uncommon to help needy people from time to time by offering inexpensive "quick fixes" and it was made clear they were never meant to be permanent...assuming the owner had little money or intended to get rid of the car soon after. Often these customers would come seeking help after another shop had botched a repair. On more than one occasion, these people would then bring the car back a year or more later and demand $$$ or a repair under warranty when the temporary fix gave out. I have a hard time believing it was entirely Aftershock's fault, hopefully we'll get the full story later tonight. :)

Wally_Gator
09-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Glassing over the original fuel fill location is hardly a speedy fix.
The shop that did the work is responsable. The only way they can get out of it is if they had the customer sign a disclaimer. Even then alot of times the disclaimers do not hold up in court.

SMFRiverRat
09-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Did this fire occur on A Sunday at the mouth of the Harbor (Pont Loma)?

Kilrtoy
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM
AND THE PLOT THINCKENS :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 12:15 PM
You get what you pay for...............I doubt you'd hear a Howard, Hallett, Schiada, DCB, Cig, Skater,Cobalt owner with these or any problems.
Oh no.... I seem to recall a Howard Cat burning to the ground in front of Crazy Horse this year. Fire happen and it doesn't matter what boat MFG happens. There is Jim's 29' DCB with the Merc 900 that caught fire also.
If you own a boat and you modify yhe fuel system and it catches on fire who's fault is it?????

RiverToysJas
09-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Oh
If you own a boat and you modify yhe fuel system and it catches on fire who's fault is it?????
Who modified the fuel system??? In this case, it's been stated time and time again that Aftershock modified it, not to USCG standards. If that's not the case, then it's the fault of whomever did make the non-compliance modification.
RTJas :D

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 12:30 PM
So let me get this straight. You buy a hull you take it to someone else to rig it and they don't do it right and you ask Aftershock to just fill the holes because you the owner want to put the fuel fills in another location. So you the owner put the fuel fills inside the motor comparment to fill easier because you didn't like them on the outside because when he filled it up it burped fuel out if gassed to fast or when full. So you want Aftershock to foot the bill for this...
And tell again why you would own a new boat without insurance????

RiverToysJas
09-14-2004, 12:35 PM
So let me get this straight. You buy a hull you take it to someone else to rig it and they don't do it right and you ask Aftershock to just fill the holes because you the owner want to put the fuel fills in another location. So you the owner put the fuel fills inside the motor comparment to fill easier because you didn't like them on the outside because when he filled it up it burped fuel out if gassed to fast or when full. So you want Aftershock to foot the bill for this...
And tell again why you would own a new boat without insurance????
See my reply in the other thread.... :boxingguy LOL

ADDICTED
09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Looks to me like aftershock got burned(pun intended) over a repair job that they didn't want to do in the first place. When I worked as an automotive tech it was not uncommon to help needy people from time to time by offering inexpensive "quick fixes" and it was made clear they were never meant to be permanent...assuming the owner had little money or intended to get rid of the car soon after. Often these customers would come seeking help after another shop had botched a repair. On more than one occasion, these people would then bring the car back a year or more later and demand $$$ or a repair under warranty when the temporary fix gave out. I have a hard time believing it was entirely Aftershock's fault, hopefully we'll get the full story later tonight. :)
I agree with you on this looks like customer came for help. New the way it was originally set-up wasn't going to work. Someone was intrested in the boat and needed a quick fix. Aftershock ubderstanding the customers situtaion and gave him the option of quick fix. Customer agreed and with quick fix. then boom customer service blows up in aftershocks face.

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 12:41 PM
See my reply in the other thread.... :boxingguy LOL
Back at ya....

Captain Dan
09-14-2004, 12:44 PM
I agree with you on this looks like customer came for help. New the way it was originally set-up wasn't going to work. Someone was intrested in the boat and needed a quick fix. Aftershock ubderstanding the customers situtaion and gave him the option of quick fix. Customer agreed and with quick fix. then boom customer service blows up in aftershocks face.
Reputable service shops with integrity (and those who wish to keep their insurance) should never agree to quick fixes, especially when it defies common sense and industry standards. Aftershock's "understanding" and the clients "desire" in this case violates both.

ADDICTED
09-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Realy no matter what both parties are too blame. Aftershock's best way to prevent this situtaion was to never touch the boat.

coolchange
09-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I can hear the conversation now.
Owner "Just fill the holes is all I want."
Service guy" But where do you want the fills?"
Owner " I'm gonna instal them later with the super trick double throw down ones my friend can get."
Service guy"Well.... um... OK. :hammer2: But I'll just stick them on the tanks to keep the crap out. :hammer2: DON'T USE THEM THAT WAY!!!"
Owner gets home " Hey it looks reall cool without any fills, I'll just leave it that way. :hammer2: "

RiverDave
09-14-2004, 12:59 PM
If all aftershock did was fill the holes from the old fills, then I don't see how they could possibly be held liable for this.. ???
Who actually put in the new fills? The owner? Or Aftershock? In reading the thread I've read it both ways.
RD

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 01:07 PM
If all aftershock did was fill the holes from the old fills, then I don't see how they could possibly be held liable for this.. ???
Who actually put in the new fills? The owner? Or Aftershock? In reading the thread I've read it both ways.
RD
Dave, talking to Dennis and Alex, the customer put the fuel fills in the motor compartment. All they did was fill holes reglass and gelcoat. This is what they tell me. If Aftershock knew that they F'd up trust me it wouldn't of got to this point. This guy wants $150,000 for a boat he bought unrigged for more than likely $40,000. $90,000 for the boat and $20,000 for each passenger even though all the passengers got out ok and he does't have insurance.... Sounds like someone is trying to squeeze somebody. if this was a normal pratice I'm sure you would hear of boats burning to the ground all the time....

slink
09-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Dave, talking to Dennis and Alex, the customer put the fuel fills in the motor compartment. All they did was fill holes reglass and gelcoat. This is what they tell me. If Aftershock knew that they F'd up trust me it wouldn't of got to this point. This guy wants $150,000 for a boat he bought unrigged for more than likely $40,000. $90,000 for the boat and $20,000 for each passenger even though all the passengers got out ok and he does't have insurance.... Sounds like someone is trying to squeeze somebody. if this was a normal pratice I'm sure you would hear of boats burning to the ground all the time....
BF, not trying to defend anyone or to lay blame, but if the guy did bring it back to Aftershock to have it repaired/altered to "non coast guard" standards I would think the owners of Aftershock would have had him sign a waiver releasing them from liability and if he wasn't willing to do so, have him walk and alter it himself. Bottom line it's their name on the side and assigned H.I.N number so they should have been thinking before they let the boat leave in an unsafe condition. Just my .02

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 01:49 PM
BF, not trying to defend anyone or to lay blame, but if the guy did bring it back to Aftershock to have it repaired/altered to "non coast guard" standards I would think the owners of Aftershock would have had him sign a waiver releasing them from liability and if he wasn't willing to do so, have him walk and alter it himself. Bottom line it's their name on the side and assigned H.I.N number so they should have been thinking before they let the boat leave in an unsafe condition. Just my .02
I agree. But if you buy a hull unrigged and take it to a third party then what if any Liability do you have as a MFG.

slink
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I am by no means a MFG or wish to be one, but if I owned a boat company and sold a bare hull, I would for damn sure have a written contract voiding any warranty / guarantee other than the gel work and lay up of the hull and the contract would clearly stat the my XYZ company would in no way be responsible for any outside work done. Again just my .02. And I would venture to guess that other MFS's are watching this thread and are going to think twice about selling a bare hull.

mirvin
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
The question still remains:
WHO routed the gas fills to the engine compartment?????
I've seen two stories here. Did Aftershock route and install the gas fills to the engine compartment or did the customer do that part himself??
mirvin
:messedup:

BoatFloating
09-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I am by no means a MFG or wish to be one, but if I owned a boat company and sold a bare hull, I would for damn sure have a written contract voiding any warranty / guarantee other than the gel work and lay up of the hull and the contract would clearly stat the my XYZ company would in no way be responsible for any outside work done. Again just my .02. And I would venture to guess that other MFS's are watching this thread and are going to think twice about selling a bare hull.
I agree again with you there and I don't know for a fact there wasn't a contract. My boat was rigged with out the outboards and that rigging was done by Lakeland and I signed no contract with the MFG saying that they weren't liable for damages caused by lakelands install.
Mirvin, to answer your question I talked with Alex. He said that when the 3rd party rigged the boat when they installed the fuel fills and the customer tried to fill it with fuel he couldn't. It kept on flowing back out and that the owner took the fills out and put them in the motor compartment so he could fill the boat with fuel. The 3rd party rigger siad since they don't do gelcoat reapir it was best they take it back to the MFG to have them do the repair and that after repair was done they would mount the fills in a spot that this wouldn't happen. It's also my understanding that this boat is at least 2 years old and the owner never took it back to the 3rd party to fix it the fuel fill issue. So he puts it up forsale and has some people looking at it and fills it up and spills gas in bilge and then starts it.... :220v:

mirvin
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Mirvin, to answer your question I talked with Alex. He said that when the 3rd party rigged the boat when they installed the fuel fills and the customer tried to fill it with fuel he couldn't. It kept on flowing back out and that the owner took the fills out and put them in the motor compartment so he could fill the boat with fuel. The 3rd party rigger siad since they don't do gelcoat reapir it was best they take it back to the MFG to have them do the repair and that after repair was done they would mount the fills in a spot that this wouldn't happen. It's also my understanding that this boat is at least 2 years old and the owner never took it back to the 3rd party to fix it the fuel fill issue. So he puts it up forsale and has some people looking at it and fills it up and spills gas in bilge and then starts it.... :220v:
Well that sounds simple. If all that Aftershock did was fill the holes in the fiberglass where the old gas fills were, then they got nothing to do with this. If the boat owner routed the gas lines himself, he's screwed. There's no case here. He may be able to go after the rigger's, but that seems slim too.
mirvin :idea:

bordsmnj
09-14-2004, 02:50 PM
ah,so that's it eh? ok sounds like this guy is a real phukin idiot to me. if it were my company i'd slap the guy with a law suit for whatever it is poeple sue for when some dumb s.0.B parks his shit box in front of thier shop trying to act like they did something wrong. interesting drama it sits well with me to hear that it aint aftershocks fault. i'd like to thank assholes like that everywhere for helping to raise prices on boats. :lightsabe what a d-i-c-k.

DAB
09-14-2004, 02:59 PM
ah,so that's it eh? ok sounds like this guy is a real phukin idiot to me. if it were my company i'd slap the guy with a law suit for whatever it is poeple sue for when some dumb s.0.B parks his shit box in front of thier shop trying to act like they did something wrong. interesting drama it sits well with me to hear that it aint aftershocks fault. i'd like to thank assholes like that everywhere for helping to raise prices on boats. :lightsabe what a d-i-c-k. If this is the case, then shame on him. I guess maybe we'll hear his side directly from him tonight after 7... should be a good one.. BTW, does Aftershock have the work order that says "just fill in fuel holes"? If so, I'd blow one up ( 8X10 ft) and park my truck right next to his... And before i get flamed about the w/o, EVERYTIME I've taken my boat in for anything, not matter how small, they write one up..

bordsmnj
09-14-2004, 03:07 PM
YEAH! a work order would be good to see. i thought about hangin' a big ol' tarp/banner off the bridge or on the fence but it's not my battle. i 've had work done at aftershock though and never seen a work order. didn't need one.

RADDONKEY
09-14-2004, 03:34 PM
It sounds like this guy way to cheap to have the fuel fill installed properly. If he was not even going to carry insurance, Although most insurance adjusters would have denied this claim because it was not properly installed. If Aftershock was only doing the glass work then they are not liabile. If someone there did route the fuel line then they should step up and fix it. DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT ! I've seen this happen to many times, Those last minute *****R rigs to get you on the lake this weekend come back to bite you on the ass almost every time. Luckly no one got hurt! (this time). It sounds like they kind of guy that would beg you to do a temporary fix on his boat so he could sell it, then when the #*IT hit the FAN he is blaming everyone he can. He had to know this wasn't right, he pumped the gas in it! :yuk: Oh Well I guess he's feelin the AFTERSHOCK now ! :cool: