PDA

View Full Version : Murder in Phoenix

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 09:21 AM
A buddy of mine from school was murdered in Phoenix late Sunday night and I want to try and find out more info. How would I go about doing that? What papers should I check? His roommate along with a girl that was over was also murdered.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Oh my.. that is horrible.. I am so sorry.. good luck with the finding of the info.. can't you call the police dept. that was involved with the case.. ?
our prayers are with all of you..

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
A buddy of mine from school was murdered in Phoenix late Sunday night and I want to try and find out more info. How would I go about doing that? What papers should I check? His roommate along with a girl that was over was also murdered.
Damn...sorry to hear that. Go to Google and search from there. You may want to search his name after going into the newspapers section....

Jordy
09-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Arrest Made In Murder Of Three Valley Roommates
09-14-2004 2:54 AM
(Phoenix, AZ) -- A 22-year-old man is behind bars and facing murder charges for the deaths of three roommates in a north Phoenix condominium. Phoenix police arrested Michael Craig Walton late yesterday on three counts of first-degree murder. Police say Walton was high on methamphetamine when he shot and killed 24-year-old Ryan Theraldson, 27-year-old Carlena Hahne, and 22-year-old Philip Shanoff. Police believe Walton went to the condo Saturday night to use drugs. They say after he ran out of money to buy more, he pulled out his gun and started shooting.

Jordy
09-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Arrest made in Phoenix triple-homicide
10:26 AM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, September 14, 2004
The Associated Press
PHOENIX -- Phoenix police are holding a suspect in Sunday's triple homicide inside a townhouse.
PPD
Michael Walton was arrested Monday for his alleged role in an triple-homicide over the weekend.
The suspect, identified as Michael Walton, was arrested Monday afternoon when he showed up for a meeting with his parole officer.
Walton allegedly went to the home Sunday morning to buy drugs.
Phoenix police say that after smoking some meth, Walton pulled out a gun and shot 27-year-old Carlena Hahne, 24-year-old Ryan Theraldson and 22-year-old Philip Shanoff.
Their bodies were discovered a short time later.
Police say all three lived at the townhouse near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road.

Jordy
09-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Here is the first story:
Police investigating triple murder at Phoenix condo
07:04 AM Mountain Standard Time on Monday, September 13, 2004
Staff and wire reports
PHOENIX -- Phoenix police are searching for a motive in the deaths of three people at a central Phoenix condo.
The bodies of the two men and a woman, all in their mid-twenties, were found Sunday morning by a friend who had apparently stopped by the home near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road to pick up her friends for breakfast.
When the woman's friends didn't greet her, she walked through an unlocked door and found their bodies in different locations and a pit bull who had been shot in the head.
The woman who discovered the bodies ran to a neighborÂ’s house and called 911.
Police are treating the case as a triple homicide. However, the possibility of the deaths being a double-murder-suicide has not been ruled out.
"We have very little to go on as far as any suspects whatsoever. In fact, we have nothing to go on at this time, but we do have a couple of leads that we're looking into," said Phoenix Police Det. Tony Morales
The dog is expected to survive his injuries.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Philip was my buddy, I went to school with him through junior high and high school. We played water polo together and hung out quit a bit outside of school (before any drug use started). Once we graduated he went his own way and got into some trouble down in Long Beach, last time I spoke to him he was moving to Phoenix to get away from some problems, but it looks like he brought them with him. What a shame, it gives me a sick feeling thinking about him hiding from this guy and the thoughts that must have been going through his head.

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Philip was my buddy, I went to school with him through junior high and high school. We played water polo together and hung out quit a bit outside of school (before any drug use started). Once we graduated he went his own way and got into some trouble down in Long Beach, last time I spoke to him he was moving to Phoenix to get away from some problems, but it looks like he brought them with him. What a shame, it gives me a sick feeling thinking about him hiding from this guy and the thoughts that must have been going through his head.
Are you saying this guy tracked him down with the intent on killing him and any witnesses?

Mr.Havasu
09-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear one of the victims was a friend of yours. It's been all over the tv news stations since it happened. They are holding the suspect without bail, he is looking at the death penelty. unbelieveble :frown:

Jordy
09-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Sorry to hear about your bud. :(

RiverToysJas
09-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Are you saying this guy tracked him down with the intent on killing him and any witnesses?
Sounds like it, they charged him with First Degree Murder! Sounds like the Police believe he intended to kill them all. :(
That's a terrible shame. Sorry for friend and all the family and friends.
RTJas

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 09:44 AM
No I'm not saying that at all. I just know he was on the wrong track in Long Beach so he was moving to Phoenix for a fresh start :confused: . Thanks for the kind words guys it didn't really hit me until I read the newspaper articles

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 09:51 AM
No I'm not saying that at all. I just know he was on the wrong track in Long Beach so he was moving to Phoenix for a fresh start :confused: . Thanks for the kind words guys it didn't really hit me until I read the newspaper articles
The sad thing is some Atty will probably keep him out of the chair by claiming his being high and so forth made him do these things. I doubt if he will ever see the outside of a jail but will probably get to keep his life.
Sorry again to hear this. Meth ruins many, many lives.

BarryMac
09-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend, it's terrible what drugs will do to people, my thoughts are with you...
gjb

topless
09-14-2004, 09:59 AM
So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers with you and the families. :frown:

Boatcop
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
This appears to be a drug rip-off gone bad. I don't think murder was the original intent, just robbery of money and drugs.
Things appear to have gone south from there.
"Meth is one hell of a drug!"
Apologies to the late Rick James, Bitch.

Mrs Luvnlife
09-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear this..... :( . Our thoughts are with you!

MsDrmr
09-14-2004, 11:35 AM
to you and to his friends and family, I am sorry for your losses. My prayers and thoughts and best wishes go out to you all. :(

1978 Rogers
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Speedin' Ian, I feel your pain. I had a good friend that moved down to Scottsdale after graduating college. This was around 1995-96. We new each other since grade school. He was working for the Budweiser destributor down in the area. He went around with the Bud Girls to bars and did promotional stuff. He started getting into a pretty good party crowd from his associations through work. He helped run the 1997 New Years party in Tempe. My wife & I went down to see him. He got us parking up front by the beer trucks and free access to the festivities. Anyways he moved back home to Federal Way, Washington about Spring 2001. I saw him a couple of times. He told me he moved back up to get his life straightened out. Then the next thing I know is my dad calling me at work, telling me Eric just killed himself at home. He was alone at the house. Dressed up in a suit and took a shotgun to his head. I never found out from his parents or other friends what exactly drove him to this extreme. His demons must have been pretty bad. But, it left a huge hole in my life, it's till there.

Keithb87
09-14-2004, 12:09 PM
I've been watching this on the news too..
The "suspect" also put a bullett :mad: in the dog's head :mad: , but the dog lived.
Sorry for your loss..
KeithB87

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all the responses, but don't worry about me I'll be fine, it's the family and super close friends that really need your prayers

socal041687
09-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Chandler man held in 3 deaths
Phoenix Police Department
Michael Craig Walton, 22, of Chandler, is accused of killing three people at a central Phoenix home to steal small amounts of drugs and money.
David J. Cieslak
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 14, 2004 12:00 AM
Police on Monday arrested a Chandler man on suspicion of first-degree murder in connection with this weekend's killing of three people inside a central Phoenix home.
Investigators believe Michael Craig Walton, 22, was using methamphetamines with two of the victims before he shot the trio and fled the condominium, near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road, Phoenix police Detective Tony Morales said. Authorities said Walton killed the three to steal small amounts of drugs and money inside the home.
The bodies of Ryan Theraldson, 24; Carlena Hahne, 27; and Philip Shanoff, 22, were found Sunday about 9:30 a.m. by a friend who came to pick up the three roommates for breakfast, Morales said. Their dog, a pit bull, was shot in the head but survived.
Walton apparently killed Theraldson and Hahne in a bedroom on the condominium's first floor, then went upstairs and fatally shot Shanoff who was hiding in a bedroom, Morales said. Investigators believe Theraldson and Shanoff had used drugs with Walton before he opened fire.
"This is a perfect example of the violence that goes hand-in-hand with that kind of drug," Morales said.
Walton made no statements to investigators about the killings before he was booked into Madison Street Jail on Monday night, Morales said. He would not discuss how authorities linked Walton to the killings.
Police arrested Walton on Monday afternoon at the Mesa office of his parole officer, where Walton was arriving for a pre-scheduled meeting. Records show Walton was released in March from an Arizona prison after being convicted on felony aggravated-driving-under-the-influence charges in 2002.
Maricopa County Superior Court records show Walton pleaded guilty to felony auto-theft charges in 2000. A year later, he pleaded guilty to criminal trespassing charges.
Theraldson and Hahne were co-defendants in a pending drug case, according to court records.

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 03:51 PM
No Hugh jascock I am not a tweaker, never even tried the stuff, and yes I do have a fast boat, actually I have two fast boats. Your name is Jascock does that mean your a cock sucker. You know what they say "you can build a thousand bridges, but you suck one cock and your a cock sucker."

DUNDUN
09-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Ian...thoughts and prayers go out to you, the frends, and family :(

socal041687
09-14-2004, 04:18 PM
One of the victims (Phil Shanoff) lived in our cul de sac when he lived in Thousand Oaks. He was a really good kid until he started hanging around the wrong crowd. He moved to Phoenix after his parents got a divorce hoping to start a new life, but i guess it didnt happen.

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 04:23 PM
One of the victims (Phil Shanoff) lived in our cul de sac when he lived in Thousand Oaks. He was a really good kid until he started hanging around the wrong crowd. He moved to Phoenix after his parents got a divorce hoping to start a new life, but i guess it didnt happen.
I would agree with that. What kind of boat do you have socal? I used to go over to Phils from time to time, I might have seen it.
you seem to know all about it! i would guess you are either a bridge builder or a cocksucker!
I'll tell you what I am. I'm a guy who lost a buddy, so if you feel like stirring up Sh*t find another thread. I'll admit I shouldn't have posted that last post but it didn't seem like your comment was all that appropriate.

Keithb87
09-14-2004, 04:32 PM
hmmmmm, these people were tweakers and your screen name is speedin ian????? i hope its because you have a fast boat
you seem to know all about it! i would guess you are either a bridge builder or a cocksucker!
so answer this question "are you a bridge builder?"
Dude you are a HUGH JASSCOCKSUCKER... Go back to Bench Racers and hang out over there.... They'll probally kick you out of there too... :mad: :mad:
I'll admit I shouldn't have posted that last post but it didn't seem like your comment was all that appropriate.
Ian you were right on for your comment..

socal041687
09-14-2004, 04:35 PM
We used to have a Maxum and now we have a 23' foot Caliber 1

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey guys thanks for the back up, I owe you a cold one

Keithb87
09-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey guys thanks for the back up, I owe you a cold one
No Problem dude.. :cool:

Shi-ada Be Running By Now
09-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Speedin - I am sorry to hear about your friends passing!! My thoughts are with you during this tough time....I hope you're still making the trip this weekend....if so, I am confident the camaraderie we enjoy will help the pain..
hugh jascock - Have some consideration for others and based on the lose of your brother I'm sure you can relate to the pain Speedin is currently experiencing - irregardless of the circumstances every life has positives....Also, as a parent you should know "if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut"

PHOTOGLOU
09-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Speedin - I am sorry to hear about your friends passing!! My thoughts are with you during this tough time....I hope you're still making the trip this weekend....if so, I am confident the camaraderie we enjoy will help the pain..
hugh jascock - Have some consideration for others and based on the lose of your brother I'm sure you can relate to the pain Speedin is currently experiencing - irregardless of the circumstances every life has positives....Also, as a parent you should know "if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut"
Very well said, Ian sorry for the loss of a friend, prayers to evreyone affected

Speedin' Ian
09-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Like I said before thank you very much for all the support. It was a big shock to me and I am most upset by the thought of him hiding, fearing for his life. Phil did make some bad choices which is why we went down seperate paths when I graduated high school over five years ago. We were still buddies when we saw each other, but never talked outside of coincidental encounters so the news isn't as hard on me as it was on his family and close friends. My original intention when I started this post was to find out some more information, not to seek sympathy from board members, but I greatly appreciate all of your kind words, it really shows that there are a lot of great people on here.
In response Hugh jascock he made some strong points about drug users and the influence they can have on your life if you spend too much time around them, which is exactly why I did not hang out with them. Also like HJ said, I too hope at least one drug user reconsiders their lifestyle after hearing this story so that the end of these three young lives was not a total waste. What I was most upset about was his insinuation that I to may be a drug user, which was uncalled for, and irrelevant to this topic. Lastly I commend you HJ for being clean and sober, that is a real accomplishment and I wish you the best of luck in the future in your own battles and with your kids.
Shi-ada Be Running by Now you have got to be kidding me chiefy. I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time and wouldn't miss it for the world. Someone has to go to the RD with you guys to make sure no big indians beat you up, plus I want to make sure you get a good view of the tale end of our new boat when we head down to topock :smile: . See you in a couple days! Drive safe.

locogringo
09-14-2004, 11:39 PM
so answer this question "are you a bridge builder?"
well my last name means "bridge-builder in German (Bruckner) so I guess I'm a bridge builder along with Speedin' Ian.
Speedin', sorry about the bad news.

AZmike
09-15-2004, 07:17 AM
sorry bout your friend.
Why are drugs always involved with crime? :confused:

Seadog
09-15-2004, 07:47 AM
When I think of all I have seen from those who are willing to sell their souls, their bodies, their children for drugs like meth and crack, this may actually been a more merciful way to go. Even so, it is painful for those who cared about the victims. There is a vicious undertow of humanity that can be scary at times and the ringleader is the drug trade.

Keithb87
09-15-2004, 07:48 AM
I too used to be a tweaker, pot head, coke head, and a number of other drugs. I'll be clean 5 years on 10-19-2004.
Why are drugs always involved with crime? :confused:
Drugs like Meth take over your life, you can't work cuz you are so amped up, you are never on time for anything, you are up 24-7 for 3 to 14 days. So in order to support the habbit, you turn to petty theft to trade for the drug. Then the amount you need to stay at that level of "HIGH" becomes greater, so you turn to bigger crimes. Credit card fraud, bank fraud, stolen vehicles, the list goes on and on.
Or... you become a Dealer to support your habbit.
I've seen people Badly Hurt over a $20 dollar deal, just for principal.
All in all it's pretty scary stuff...
Drugs cost me a house, 2 cars, many friends, and my freedom for a year. I also ended up Divorced and a 1 weekend a month dad. I also can not vote, or carry a gun.
Like I said 10-19-2004 will be 5 years CLEAN. I still look back at the past and wonder if I would have become one of the Staticis had I not gotten arrested when I did. And I knew a few people that were killed over drugs, and quite a few peeps that are doing a long time in Prison for their drug use.
Huge Jascock, I was quite upset with the comment you made to Ian. I know that sometimes Jokes (toung in cheek) are ment to lighten someone's mood, but they can be taken wrong and start tempers flaring...
Congrats on the Clean and sober time.. I konw it's not allways easy.
Keith( sharing a life experience) B87

Speedin' Ian
09-15-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the comments Keith and congrats on your five year accomplishment, I can only imagine how hard that battle is.

Mrs. Restless22
09-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Ian sorry to hear of your loss.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family. :frown:
Shawna & Ron

Mrs. Restless22
09-15-2004, 10:20 AM
I too used to be a tweaker, pot head, coke head, and a number of other drugs. I'll be clean 5 years on 10-19-2004.
Keith( sharing a life experience) B87
Congratulation Keith on your upcoming 5 years. There is a cleaner path for everyone who gets lost in the vicious cycle of drugs...Its just a matter of you chosing that path. :wink:

Mama Cheri
01-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the help & information.

WetWillie
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry to here about any losses due to drugs. Its just a tragic story..
HJ Shut your piehole if you dont anything nice to say!

pisceschic25
08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I hope that all who knew those three have peace now. In September it will be 7 years since I lost Carlena, and had I not been arrested just days before it would have been highly likely that I would have been there. She was my only friend in a strange city. I was always made to feel a part of the group and it used to piss me off when she always made me wait in the car forever when I would pick her up to go shopping. I never got to say goodbye, and I would give anything to be waiting in the hot ass phx sun for her to come out of the house. I have since cleaned up and left AZ, but I will never forget how fortunate I am to have this chance. D and I miss you girlie and will never forget. in 2009 the men found guilty, after 5 years of trials, received their sentences 3 life bids for 3 lives taken for the shooter and 28 years for the cowardly instigator....Ryan, Phil, and Carlena, Peace