PDA

View Full Version : Ford Roadside Assistance review: Not good

RealDarthPoncho
09-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Last night was late for a meeting about 100 miles away, got low on diesel in my 04 Ford Excursion. Since the hotel restraunt the meet was at was beside a Chevron thought they would have my fuel. It's a major rest stop area for truckers, so logic say's diesel should be available. Arrive at hotel with zero miles to empty on the trip screen, Chevron only fuel station for 20+ miles and no diesel. Phone Ford roadside assistance at 8:30. Have meeting that ended at 10:00 p.m. Check cell that I kept on the table, no missed calls. Re-phone Ford (actuelly a call center under contract) and track down why no arrival. Seems the assistance people told Ford that I'm right next to a Chevron and they canceled me with a phone call telling me so, they left message on my phone, no they did'nt. Short of it, they thought it was not a big deal because I was at a hotel, so I could just check in and they would deal with me in the morning. If I wanted to stay in the hotel I would'nt have called at 8:30. Took them until 1:00 am and the threat of suing them for my wasted time. They did'nt care about my threat of switching to G.M. So I get home at 2:30 am and I'm skipping work because I'm tired! This is the second time I've had a lousy encounter with their customer roadside assistance.
Think the problem is that Ford outsourced to a call center, so the people on the line with you are not Ford employee's and have no vested interest with keeping you a happy customer. Too bad because not many customers are buying Excursion Eddie Baeur editions with these fuel prices. I would love to tell someone at Ford, but I bet all avenue's of customer care are contracted outside to people who do not care!

PHX ATC
09-14-2004, 11:29 AM
I would love to tell someone at Ford, but I bet all avenue's of customer care are contracted outside to people who do not care!
Call Ford direct. Look up their number (not the I'm broken down hotline) in your owner's manual or online.
Email them, fax them.
Let them know. It might not get much done, but you'll feel better and maybe get a free oil change.

RealDarthPoncho
09-14-2004, 07:30 PM
The Excursion is a company car and the business needs more vehicles. (Ranger Pick-ups) So I brought this up with the dealer, who phoned Ford. They offered $4,000 cash back incentives on any future purchase we make, $700 for myself if I buy it for myself. Not bad at least they made an effort of correction.

PHX ATC
09-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Well there ya go.
Bonus points for you. Nice job! :D