PDA

View Full Version : Vegas/Havasu in November

Daytona 25
09-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Going to Vegas on Nov 18-21. What is the weather like that time of year?
I was also thinking of getting a houseboat for a day or two on Havasu(we might come down early). I have never been and I am dying to go because of everyone on this board. Anyone have any recommendations for rental companies?
If anyone wants to buy my Daytona I will happily tow it over! :)

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Going to Vegas on Nov 18-21. What is the weather like that time of year?
I was also thinking of getting a houseboat for a day or two on Havasu(we might come down early). I have never been and I am dying to go because of everyone on this board. Anyone have any recommendations for rental companies?
If anyone wants to buy my Daytona I will happily tow it over! :)
It is a crap shot but you might get lucky. I have been out there in Nov with the boat and it was just too chiiling to the bone to go out on the lake. Other times it was fun.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Just watch out for the bluehairs driving around LHC. :shift:

burtandnancy
09-14-2004, 03:07 PM
We always boat on the Thanksgiving week-end at Lake Mead. The AM's are cool, but by noon the sun is warm, water smooth and the lake is yours. Light jacket or sweatshirt are enough, but the water is getting down to the low 70's by then. Sightseeing is great. The hike on the old railway near the Hacienda is really popular too...

Mandelon
09-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Can you get a houseboat for less than a week at a time? :confused:

moneypit
09-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Its a great time to golf and gamble and hit strip clubs... but it aint a' good time to count on Lake Mead being friendly. (it can get chilly and windy)

Daytona 25
09-15-2004, 09:52 AM
That would be downright balmy for me! The lake temps here in Michigan barely get into the mid 70's. We are having the highest temps of the year right now and it is only 80! Our summer was horrible to say the least.
I was not sure if the houseboat companies did less then a week or weekend.
Anyone want to bum me a ride a give a tour of the lake?

dicudmore
09-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm in Vegas...
no prob on the Mead tour if the weather is tolerable :D
EDIT: some houseboat companies do 3-day trips. don't know about Havasu

Keith E. Sayre
09-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Call me and I'll be happy to help here at Havasu. It'll still be nice!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400