PDA

View Full Version : Drive line cover

shirkey4750
01-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Need A driveline cover for my sanger hydro. Driveline is 19", so i need one at least 23". Also need bell housing flange too.

superdave013
01-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Is this for a jet or a v-drive?

Heatseeker
01-20-2002, 07:26 PM
I have a bellhousing with a flange attached to it. I aquired it in a parts trade a while back. I don't know if it's what you are looking for, but if you email(address in profile) me with some dimensions, we can see. I could email you some pics if you want. I also have a v-drive water pump(Glenwood Marine, cam driven), if anyone is interested.

froggystyle
01-21-2002, 12:08 PM
This is going to sound bad, but I made a killer driveline cover out of 5" galvanized ducting from home depot. It snaps together with an overlapping joint, and if you prep it for paint properly, it looks just fine. I made "L" brackets off of my bell housing for it to screw to using self tapping screws, and a collar that bolted to my jet pump with "L" brackets on it. Total cost... $6.00 plus paint.
I can send a picture to you if you need.

PipesClean
01-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Froggy,
Can you post a picture of it? I think a lot of us would like to see a picture of it!

shirkey4750
01-21-2002, 01:12 PM
This would be for a v-drive.

Doug The Jeweler
01-21-2002, 02:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken a drive line cover is to protect the boat if a driveline should explode and go through the bottom of the boat.A driveline would make a big hole in the ducting and the bottom of the boat.My friends boat almost sunk last year.He was lucky he was near the dock.He must of had 150 gallons of water in the boat.CP Preformance sells the housing that protects your boat from driveline damage .Its cheaper than pulling your boat from the bottom of the lake.My .02 cents

RiverDave2
01-21-2002, 02:35 PM
I thought it was to protect the people in the boat..
RD

PipesClean
01-21-2002, 02:50 PM
It Depends on who's in the boat Dave!

PE857
01-21-2002, 03:54 PM
That stove pipe thing reminded me of the High Point IHBA race this past summer. When I got to the race track I found out that I had left my drive shaft cover at home. Yhat was on Friday eve. I got up super early and went to Home Depot or Lowes, i forget which, and picked up a piece of galv. stove pipe, shears, 2 large radiator clamps, and some flat black spray paint. All the guys around me in the pits were watching intently to see what i came up with. When i weas done unless you would have touched it, you would have thought it was solid steel. Passed tech with flying colors. Fortunatly my son came to the races and brought my regular cover before first round of qualif.
That was the lucky part of that wknd., the bad part was I spun a bearing first round and sat outh the rest of the race.

froggystyle
01-22-2002, 10:28 AM
As you can see, mine was in the far rear of the boat, and did not need to protect occupants. I assumed since this was the jet tech section you meant a jet's driveline.
This is a pretty bad picture, but you can see the orange cover down in the bottom behind the motor. Sorry, boat is gone, this is all I have.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/boatshield.jpg
[This message has been edited by froggystyle (edited January 22, 2002).]