PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

robt
09-15-2004, 10:52 AM
ok here goes i need to get ride of a old jet boat i was told it was a dorset
it is older the interior is stripped as i was going to use this as a project boat but im not i just want to get a fair price for it hull is fine no problems or cracks the motor cowl got caught in the wind and needs a little work (crack fixed and i think hinges are broke ) would be nice boat with some work v boat with closed bow i think it is 22 feet but i cannot tell you for sure boat has 302 power i think but has sat for 10 years so im not sure if it is good or if that is what it is i just started fishing trnys in il so i need to make some room give me an idea of what it is worth or if you want it i can email pics boat is in il
thanks rob
Take a kid boating
they will look up to you forever

Some Kind Of Monster
09-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Post the pictures up here so we can take a look. I'll try to find you a link with instructions.

robt
09-15-2004, 11:56 AM
new here im not sure how to post pics
also how do i tell if it is a v drive
i will let it go cheap if someone wants to come get it
thanks rob

Some Kind Of Monster
09-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Rob,
My apologies, I skipped the first part of your post that says you have a jet boat. I read this "v boat with closed bow" and got confused. A v-drive is a prop driven boat with a "V" type transmission. Yours obviously is jet driven. Do a quick search on how to post a picture. It isn't too hard.

Some Kind Of Monster
09-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Here ya go... Instructions:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20105&highlight=post+pictures+instructions

robt
09-15-2004, 01:08 PM
i will take pics on thursday as tonight im going to the creek
btw thanks for the help on posting
rob

Some Kind Of Monster
09-15-2004, 01:10 PM
You're going to the creek ???
You're supposed to go to the river! :rollside:

robt
09-15-2004, 01:19 PM
well it is a lake the river is 55 min away lake is 20 so not much time tonight just trying out props so water is water for that
p.s i like this board better than most you get replys in here at least i think i may hang around for a while

sanger rat
09-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Might help if you let us know where you live. Someone may be close by.

robt
09-15-2004, 07:31 PM
sorry boat is in bloomington il