PDA

View Full Version : My insurance...

phuggit
09-15-2004, 11:23 AM
agent just called me. The insurance underwriters told my agent my policy will be cancelled in October, because my boat exceeds 65 mph (I wish). My agent was told by the underwriters that they are having a problem insuring boats of my type due to liability and increasing claims.
I knew it was coming, but I feel like I've just been kicked in the junk. I've never had a insurance claim or ticket. I've got a 496Mag in a 230 Eliminator. My registration shows 350hp, but Mercruiser states the motor is 375hp. Apparently there is a formula some where which shows a 375hp engine in my boat is too much speed/power to insure.
I won't post the insurance agency I use because the agent I deal with has been great. She's trying to figure out options for me at this time and I don't want her getting bombarded with calls. Several of board peeps are using the same company I do. I'll let you all know what I find out.
I can't say for sure, but I feel all of the collisions, deaths and injuries these past couple years are catching up with us.

Mrs. Restless22
09-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear about that....I know its frustrating :burningm:
If you were in NorCal I could help you...sorry :(

Ziggy
09-15-2004, 11:50 AM
I alleviated that problem by getting the 6.2 Merc....so I'll be behind by 5 or 8 minutes if we have a 1 hour run at top speed. :rolleyes:
Hope you get it worked out, it ain't fair these days. :cry:

got boltons?
09-15-2004, 07:33 PM
i had problems getting insurance forever ....try vanessa at LMN she was able to insure my 28 cat

racecar.hotshoe
09-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I have twins and I pay $907.00 a year with progressive.Just my 2 cents

voodoomedman
09-15-2004, 09:32 PM
I have twins and I pay $907.00 a year with progressive.Just my 2 cents
Yeah I have progressive too. 726 a year for a 24 year old with a speed boat. And if you haven't seen my thread on Ultra and Progressive... Progressive takes care of you. Just go direct. No agents. It is cheaper that way.