PDA

View Full Version : Carpet question

Desert Rat
09-15-2004, 02:53 PM
I have a 206 Skier Caliber1 open bow. does anybody know how many sq yards of carpet will be needed to recarpet the floor and more important where to find a nice marine grade of charcoal colored carpet? this boat is the same hull made by many manufactors.

Keithb87
09-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Don't know how many square feet, but check out Home Depot ot Lowe's

Wally_Gator
09-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Don't know how many square feet, but check out Home Depot ot Lowe's
Just dont spill any gas on the Home depot carpet. It melts....

Keithb87
09-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Just dont spill any gas on the Home depot carpet. It melts....
Thanks... I did not know that...

Wally_Gator
09-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Yes, I learned on an older boat. The backing of the carpet melts and if you pull on it or torque it with your foot it will stretch and not go back..

OGShocker
09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
I have a 206 Skier Caliber1 open bow. does anybody know how many sq yards of carpet will be needed to recarpet the floor and more important where to find a nice marine grade of charcoal colored carpet? this boat is the same hull made by many manufactors.
I thought you were going to ask if the carpet matches the curtains... :)
Try this LINK (http://www.boatcarpetbuys.com/sportsmans.htm)

1RVR RYD
09-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Measure how many square feet the carpet covers and divide that total square footage by 9 to get the number of square yards required.

redi4fun
09-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I ordered some carpet from these guys http://www.rrtextiles.com/marine because I was told they were the best in the business. I was not disappointed.

DesertDog
09-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Desert Rat,most marine carpet comes in either 20 oz. or 40 oz. .The 40 oz. is alot plusher.

TRIMM MANN
09-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Desert Rat,
PM me, I own an Auto and Boat upholstery shop in the valley. I can help you out with whatever you need If you can't come to the valley, I will ship it to you.
Trimm Mann

Desert Rat
09-16-2004, 05:48 AM
Desert Rat,
PM me, I own an Auto and Boat upholstery shop in the valley. I can help you out with whatever you need If you can't come to the valley, I will ship it to you.
Trimm Mann
Will do. Thanks guys

JetBoatRich
09-16-2004, 06:36 AM
Paul, if you still need materials :confused: there is a shop on "I" street by the old fair grounds that we found has the best price :D

Stealth Marine
09-16-2004, 06:55 AM
If just by dumb luck you find yourself out here in Havasu WITH your boat.
Bring it by the shop.
We will measure it for you and cut you what you need for carpeting off one of our bolts. You need a good knife, a glue gun, strong knees and lots of patience. Laying carpet is more of an art than a science, but you can certainly do it and save all the labor!!

Desert Rat
09-16-2004, 08:43 AM
S.M. Thanks for the offer but I don't think I will make it back to Havasu before I get to the carpet.
Rich I'll give you a call and get directions to the place on I. If that does't work i'll take a trip to Van Nuys and get in lunch with the son at the same time. Thanks for everybodys help

JetBoatRich
09-16-2004, 12:37 PM
S.M. Thanks for the offer but I don't think I will make it back to Havasu before I get to the carpet.
Rich I'll give you a call and get directions to the place on I. If that does't work i'll take a trip to Van Nuys and get in lunch with the son at the same time. Thanks for everybodys help
No Problem Paul, Steph has the address and the name of the place back at home. Right across the tracks on I, right hand side :cool: