PDA

View Full Version : Good news and bad news

little rowe boat
09-15-2004, 06:13 PM
The good news is that I am going to be a father tonight,the bad news is that the baby is 2 months premature. The wife has pre-eclampsia,her Bp is through the roof,the DR.said he doesn't have a choice the baby has got to come out tonight C- section,that is the only thing that will bring her Bp down, Her Bp. is so high she is at risk for a stroke.
Please keep my wife and the baby in your prayers.
Thanks LRB.

Sleek-Jet
09-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Good luck and keep us posted. :clover:
Neo-natal care is outstanding these days, the odds are on your side. :chi:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Good luck!

Mandelon
09-15-2004, 06:19 PM
You'll be in mine. I hope it all comes out well. :p Best of luck. Tell her you luv her........

phebus
09-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Little rowe boat, my families thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I pray when I log on tomorrow, you are on here beaming like the proud father you deserve to be. At least the doctors have been monitoring your wife, and are giving her the necessary care. God bless

racecar.hotshoe
09-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Little rowe boat, my families thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I pray when I log on tomorrow, you are on here beaming like the proud father you deserve to be. At least the doctors have been monitoring your wife, and are giving her the necessary care. God bless
WELL SAID!DITTO

Some Kind Of Monster
09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
All will work out well. Good luck!

datdude
09-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Just became a new father 3 months ago. Good luck. I bet your wife wonders why you are on the computer now in her time of need. :rolleyes:

LHC30Victory
09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Best of wishes to you, your wife and your new addition. Our prayers are for a well baby, a safe delivery and a full recovery for your wife.
Keep us posted with pictures when you get them.

ahhell
09-15-2004, 06:33 PM
All will be good, we'll have your family in our thoughts and prayers. Cant wait to see the pix of the baby.
modern medicine is wonderfull

Big_Gunz_
09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Best of luck and hope all will work out well for your family. My family's prayers and thoughts will be with you.

FMluvswater
09-15-2004, 06:39 PM
I'll keep you, your wife and baby in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. Keep us posted when you can.

Mrs.Racer277
09-15-2004, 06:43 PM
You and your family will be in our prayers.

slink
09-15-2004, 06:49 PM
L.R.B Keep your chin up and love in your heart, it will all be fine. It is amazing what modern medicine can do. Mrs Slink is a pediatrics nurse who works with premature children and it is amazing how things turn out alright. I've actually seen pictures of kids that were no bigger than a normal size hand and within a few weeks are thriving. so keep a postive outlook and know your extended family is pulling for you, your wife and child.

Speedin' Ian
09-15-2004, 06:56 PM
They will both be in my prayers tonight!! Oh yeah congrats, your going to be a dad :D

redneckgirl
09-15-2004, 07:33 PM
LRB,
It is amazing how things work out... Our oldest now 10 was born a month early, same reasons as yours also taken C-Section... He was 5 lbs and we were in the hospital for an extended period... the best advice I can give you is keep your chin up and love your family... also get a baby scale to monitor the babies weight... preemies are amazing... they gain a ounze a day... knowing that they are gaining weight will give you peace... the only other condition we went throug was Jaundice the baby turns yellow in color... try your best if possible to get a light belt for at home if they (wife & baby) can come home... We went though all this!!! He is healthly as a horse now and has only missed one day of school in 6 years! :idea: Your family is in our thoughts and prayers... God Bless http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_20v.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
RNG "Shelley"

MR FLYIN VEE
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
our thoughts and prayers will be with all of you.. best of health to the wife and baby.. keep us posted.. :wink:

roln 20s
09-15-2004, 07:37 PM
LRB- best wishes to you, your lovely wife, and your new child. My thoughts are with you all.
Roln 20s

BarryMac
09-15-2004, 07:38 PM
your in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure all will be fine...
gjb

Kachina26
09-15-2004, 07:40 PM
I just prayed for you guys, I hope all works out well. NOW KEEP US UPDATED!!!!!
Go visit your wife and kid :D :D :D

LLGirl
09-15-2004, 08:18 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. It's scarey, I know! Our oldest daughter was born 3 1/2 months early ( 1lb 6oz ) and is now 10 years old and perfect in every way!!
Keep us updated, and congrats!

Dr. Eagle
09-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Best of luck my thoughts will be with you. Daughter in law had same problem but made it nearly full term. :chi:

IN2-IN2MX
09-15-2004, 08:41 PM
You will definitely be in our thoughts. Everything will work out. Everyone has already said this but please keep us posted. :boxed:

NorCal Gameshow
09-15-2004, 08:54 PM
i'm hoping for good news and good news...
the baby's going to be tiny, but fine ...neo-natal units are amazing

clownpuncher
09-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Hang in there bro. Prayers will be said. Let us know what's up when you can.

locogringo
09-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Doctors are amazing. Especially on the baby end! We'll be thinking of you also. Congrats on the baby also. Our neighbors had twins that were two months preemies and they have turned out great.

little rowe boat
09-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Thank you all for all of the prayers and well wishes.
A baby boy came into the world last night at 11:42 pm,weighing in at 3.84 lbs and 16" long.They took him directly to the NICU,he was breathing on his own but they are still concerned about the developement of his lungs,they took a chest x-ray and then decided to put him on a ventilator,so they could give him some meds directly into the lungs.
Mom,was able to see the baby for about a minute,right before they took him to the NICU,she was then taken to the ICU,because her BP. was still very high,I hope that her BP. comes down today so they will transfer back down to the Post Pardom area and she can then see the baby.
The baby came 8 1/2 weeks early,which as of yesterday afternoon we had no idea this was going to happen,so at this point we have not yet named the baby.
Thanks again for your prayers and well wishes
LRB.

syke-o
09-16-2004, 07:33 AM
hang in there bud... we are pulling for your son and your wife!! let us know what you decide to name him, and keep us posted on updates.

Tremor Therapy
09-16-2004, 07:37 AM
Hang in there pal....thoughts and prayers are going out for you and your family.....and
CONGRATULATIONS!

Wally_Gator
09-16-2004, 07:44 AM
LRB,
Congratulations, hang in there... 30-32 weeks is good. Don't blink or it will be a year later or 3 years later...

Big_Gunz_
09-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Congrats LRB. Our prayers and thoughts will continue for your wife and new son.

That Guy
09-16-2004, 07:50 AM
I used to run hospitals in a past life. Don't underestimate the wonders of modern medicine and technology. It sounds like you and the family are in a good place and they'll get your wife's bp down. Hang tough and don't be shy when dealing with the care of your new son and wife. Ask questions, be visible and if you don't understand something, ask....Congratulations and good luck. :rollside:

Keithb87
09-16-2004, 07:54 AM
I just became a father again on 09-02-04. The Doctor said that Julie was border-line Pre Clampsia also and that the only cure for that was Delivery. Hang in there... All will be well.They are in good hands. Get ready for the sleepless nights..
Thoughts and Prayers
KeithB87 and Family

Keithb87
09-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Don't forget to post pics... ;)

Pointerman
09-16-2004, 08:11 AM
I'll pray for you. My son was 4.5 lbs. when he was born. He is two now and you wouldn't ever guess he was a premie. Kids are tough and modern medicine is fantastic in this area.

dicudmore
09-16-2004, 08:26 AM
good luck to all of you.
Definitely in our prayers :D
Hope all works out perfectly

Scream
09-16-2004, 08:37 AM
LRB, Just because they're born little doesn't mean they'll stay that way. I was only 5 lbs when I was born, mainly because my sister was hoggin the space at the same time, and now look at me, 6'4" 265 w/ empty pockets...lol
Good luck and congratulations. I can't tell you how many people I've known over the years that have had premies, some much earlier than your new little one, and they're in incredibly great health in a very short amount of time.
Take pics now while he is tiny, because it won't take long for the growth to take off and he'll never believe he was so small.
We'll keep you, your wife, and your son in our thoughts. All will turn out well, you'll see. Now, where's the cubans?

topless
09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
You, your wife, and baby are definetly in my prayers. I know it is a a very scary time for you. I'm sure all will be fine.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2004, 09:19 AM
any news on this.. I would also like to know how everything went.
we are still praying for all of you.

little rowe boat
09-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Thank you all for all of the prayers and well wishes.
A baby boy came into the world last night at 11:42 pm,weighing in at 3.84 lbs and 16" long.They took him directly to the NICU,he was breathing on his own but they are still concerned about the developement of his lungs,they took a chest x-ray and then decided to put him on a ventilator,so they could give him some meds directly into the lungs.
Mom,was able to see the baby for about a minute,right before they took him to the NICU,she was then taken to the ICU,because her BP. was still very high,I hope that her BP. comes down today so they will transfer back down to the Post Pardom area and she can then see the baby.
The baby came 8 1/2 weeks early,which as of yesterday afternoon we had no idea this was going to happen,so at this point we have not yet named the baby.
Thanks again for your prayers and well wishes
LRB.
I'm sorry I am not much of a typist,so I just quoted my earlier update,no changes as of yet.

redi4fun
09-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Hope that each new day that passes finds your son and wife in good health and spirits. Keep your head high knowing that there are people out there thinking of your new son.
Take Care

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2004, 09:37 AM
you all will be in our prayers and we hope everything turns out for the better. :)

OGShocker
09-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks LRB.
Jeff & Caroline,
Denise and I will be thinking of you three!
My niece came into this world 1lb 6oz. She is now a 4.0 pre-med student. She 21 years and has NO ill effects from being a premie.
I think Baby LRB will do well to carry your name.
In our prayers,
Mark & Denise

MsDrmr
09-16-2004, 10:19 AM
gosh I am so sorry to hear aobut that. I wish the best for the wife, the baby and for you. The three of you are in thoughts and prayers and keep us informed would ya?

Stealth Marine
09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
The good news is that I am going to be a father tonight,the bad news is that the baby is 2 months premature. The wife has pre-eclampsia,her Bp is through the roof,the DR.said he doesn't have a choice the baby has got to come out tonight C- section,that is the only thing that will bring her Bp down, Her Bp. is so high she is at risk for a stroke.
Thanks LRB.
About 12 years ago I was in the same situation.
My lovely wife was pregant for the first time, and it was TWINS.
She was hypertensive and Toximic as well.
in teh end the doc decided to induce labor and deliver the twins about 7 weeks early. They were TINY, either of them would fit in my hand. Was an amazing sight. Both of them needed a fair amount of love and care for the next several months, but with time they got healthy and grew up. When they were born you would have thought they were identicle twins, now you would be surprised to know they are even related to each other!. Mom gained about 75lbs because of the toximia, but eventually that came off as well.
In the end everything worked out just fine.
Have Faith.
Endure to the end..
Things have a way of working themselves out...

TheLurker
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
My prayers are with you, your wife and child. Best wishes !

FMluvswater
09-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the update post LRB. :) Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son. From what you described things look promising. I'll be thinking good thoughts and wishing your little family astounding progress/recovery times. :) Hope the three of you will be home together soon. :)

little rowe boat
09-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Just Got home from the hospital and read all of the posts,Thank you all very much.
The last 2 days have been very long,I have had 4 hrs sleep in the last 2 days,I am beat.
Well the baby is doing well,so far so good,he will be in the NICU for awhile still,but his vitals are good,they are giving him meds to help his lungs mature.
My wife is doing somewhat better,her Blood pressure is being stubborn,it hasn't come down enough yet so the DR has kept her in the ICU,so she hasn't been able to see the baby and that is tearing her up.The baby is on the 2nd floor and the wife is on the 4th floor,so most of my day is riding elevator back and forth so I can spend time with the baby and my wife.
Thanks for the thought and prayers.
LRB.

IN2-IN2MX
09-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow! CONGRATS Dad! It sounds like everyone is recovering nicely :) and that is awesome news. Thanks for posting updates and, like Keith said, don't forget to post pics. Hang in there. Soon it won't be 2nd and 4th floors...before you know it the 3 of you will be together.
Now go get some sleep. :)

RiverKitty
09-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Congratulations to you and your family!
Post some pics of the new addition after your well rested.
Your in good hands...God's Hands!
I will keep you & your family in my prayers.
Cheers ~RK :D

JustMVG
09-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Congrats to the 2 of you hope all works out. Our prayers are with you and your family. Mike VG

Wally_Gator
09-17-2004, 05:46 AM
LRB,
Just got into work and looked for this thread first.
Having a little one myself I hope a pray all works out for you.
My wife had to take 14 trips to L & D before our daughter was born.
Per-term Labor. All worked out in the end and we are pulling for the three of you...
Tha Gators...

Mr.Havasu
09-17-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm so sorry I did not see this thread until this morning. I am in shock, so sorry to hear you three are having to go through this. Congratulations on the birth of your precious little boy. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family. Gods speed bringing them both home safe and healthy. Please call me if I can do anything for you.
Michele

BarryMac
09-17-2004, 06:12 AM
LRB, You, your wife and Baby LRB are in my thoughts and prayers and thanks for keeping us posted, I know you have much more important things on your mind, we are all thinking of you...
gjb

little rowe boat
09-17-2004, 07:31 AM
I am leaving for the hospital,right now,I don,t have a digital camera,so I am going to try and drop off the film I have at a 1 hr. photo developing place and then I will attempt to post a pic or some pics tonight if I can figure out how.
Thanks. LRB.

Wally_Gator
09-17-2004, 12:05 PM
btt

1978 Rogers
09-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Some very good friends of our had a daughter about two months earlier. This was in March. She is doing great. Neither of them had any problems or complications. The little girl is a chub now. She is wearing #3 pampers, the same size as my 20 month old son.
It will all work out and congradulations.

99 232 baja
09-17-2004, 01:42 PM
I do not know you , but I will say pray for your family. Had my first 9 months ago and what was I think at the age of 40??? greatest thing EVER. He is a stink pot.

MRS. MAINEVENT
09-17-2004, 02:09 PM
I just wanted to say congrats and god bless you and your wife and your new baby boy. We will be praying for you guys and hoping you keep all of us posted on what goes on.
I had triplets that were born at 32 1/2 weeks ~2 months early and now are perfectly fine and almost 2 years old. My best advise is to ask questions and be there as much as you can. The nurses can sometimes put one of those throw away cameras in your son's crib and take pictures of the things that are going on like bathes and such for the times when you cannot be there and that will really help you and your wife out to see those pictures of when you cannot be present.Alot of things in the NICU can be over whelming and scary but hang in there and things will all work out for the very best.
Sneak in to your wife some of her favorite things things from home to help her get through her day.
Let us know and take care~Colleen :clover:

little rowe boat
09-17-2004, 03:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1370Rowe_baby_in_the_NICU-med.jpg
Pic. taken 9/16/04

topless
09-17-2004, 03:57 PM
How precious he is. Congrats again. :cool:

ahhell
09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Pic. taken 9/16/04
LOOKING GOOD...congrats
should we start a thread on names?????? J/K I think it should be.... Bob, the world needs more Bob's ;)

Keithb87
09-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Beautiful boy.. Congrats... :D

Kilrtoy
09-17-2004, 06:42 PM
I just read this and well it looks like everything went ok, how is the misses doing and the new bundle of joy...

redneckgirl
09-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Pic. taken 9/16/04
He is a cutie!!!! Congrats things will get easier.... Keep the faith!!! God Bless your family!!!
:D :D
RNG

DryHeatOnly
09-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Congratulations to you and mama. :)

shueman
09-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Congrats....great pic....thanks for sharing....!!!
Our son was 26 days early as well. He went through Pomona Valley ICU....amazing what they can do. It was very hard to visit and leave for those 26 days, and not without some complications.
Today he's 15 with size 13 shoes...!!!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.....

Scream
09-17-2004, 08:12 PM
LOOKING GOOD...congrats
should we start a thread on names?????? J/K I think it should be.... Bob, the world needs more Bob's ;)
Oh yea, Bob, that's a unique name alright...Ever notice if somone calls your name in public every other (non hispanic) guy turns and says "Whuuu" lol
j/k you old fart.
BTW, LRB, great pics of the new son, time to go out and buy a new mit and bat...
Scream

little rowe boat
09-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks again for all of the well wishes.
The Mrs is doing better,the Dr.said she would leave the ICU tomorrow morning and be admitted to a room in post pardum,which is close and on the same floor as the NICU,this is good because that means the Dr. is feeling confident that her blood pressure has started to stabilize,and she will finally get to see and spend some time with the baby.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-17-2004, 09:18 PM
The Mrs is doing better,the Dr.said she would leave the ICU tomorrow morning and be admitted to a room in post pardum,which is close and on the same floor as the NICU,this is good because that means the Dr. is feeling confident that her blood pressure has started to stabilize,and she will finally get to see and spend some time with the baby.
Great news.. I am so happy for you all.. you are all still in our prayers.. ;)

RiverKitty
09-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh my gosh!!! What a doll! He's so tiny!!! How Precious!!! (Can you hear me doing the baby talk already!!!)
Give the baby a hug for me and give your wife a big huge hug!!! :D (She's probably exhausted!)
You have truly been blessed!!
Cheers ~RK :D

Debbolas
09-17-2004, 09:49 PM
What a sweetie!
I have known preemies, that are tiny and grow up to be very tall.
Scream was only 4lbs when he was born, and look at him now!!
:D :clover:
Congrats, he is beautiful, let me know if you all need anything!
Deb
(I could make you dinner and bring it over) ;)

little rowe boat
09-18-2004, 03:40 PM
What a sweetie!
I have known preemies, that are tiny and grow up to be very tall.
Scream was only 4lbs when he was born, and look at him now!!
:D :clover:
Congrats, he is beautiful, let me know if you all need anything!
Deb
(I could make you dinner and bring it over) ;)
Thanks for the offer of dinner,it sure would beat all the fastfood that I have been eating the last few days,but I wouldn't be at the house long enough to enjoy it. :wink:

BLOWN HOWARD
09-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Congrats Rowe glad to hear everybody is coming around and everything is turning out for you and the family!!!!!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-19-2004, 04:52 PM
any more news on the family.. I keep thinking of them and can't get them all out of my head.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Congrats LRB! It'll all work out great. Just a little bump in the road of life. It's too bad your wife had to be separated from him for the first couple of days, I'm sure it tore her up (and that stress probably didn't help her BP any). She'll have the next 18 years of quality time and soon this couple of days will be insignificant. Congrats again and thanks for sharing the pictures!

LLGirl
09-19-2004, 05:49 PM
He looks great! Congratulations! I hope your wife is feeling better as well!

little rowe boat
09-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Sorry I didn't post an update last night,I returned home at about 1:30 AM and I was exhausted.Well finally at about midnight last night my wife was taken down to visit with Garrett,( what we finally named him) It had been a little over 72 hours since his birth and this was the first time she was allowed to see him and spend some time with him,she was pretty excited about their first meeting finally.Today at about 1:00 pm she was moved to the post pardum ward on the second floor,which is just down the hall from the NICU where Garrett is being cared for( Garrett was taken of off the ventilator and is breathing without any assistance)My wifes blood pressure is still erratic,but they are now trying to control it with oral medications instead of giving her the meds via IV.Since they removed her from the IV. meds they felt it would do her good to have access to the baby,her outlook since being relocated to the second floor has done a complete 180 degree turn.
Thanks for all the prayers,they do help.
Jeff

Mr.Havasu
09-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Great to hear Caroline and baby Garrett(Great name by the way) are both doing better. I could just imagine how sweet it is for Caroline to be able to be with her son. It won't be long before you are all together at home and watching him grow bigger and stronger each day. Thanks for the updates Jeff. Make sure you get some rest as well.
Take care;
Michele

Big_Gunz_
09-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Glad to hear everything turned out great for your family, nice looking boy you have there LRB :)

rvrtoy
09-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Congrats on the new addition. I am glad to hear he is doing well. I will be praying for your wifes blood pressure to stabilize. Mom needs some time with her new boy!!!

Sleek-Jet
09-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Fanatstic news. :D
Glad to hear that your wife and Garrett are doing well.
Best of luck and keep us posted. :chi:

Wally_Gator
09-20-2004, 05:32 AM
LRB,
Thanks for the update. This is one thread I am checking every day for updates. Nothing like a little mother and son time, some of the best medicine around. My wife and I are pulling for the three of you...
BTW, what hospital did you deliver at? Loma Linda?

little rowe boat
09-20-2004, 07:48 AM
LRB,
Thanks for the update. This is one thread I am checking every day for updates. Nothing like a little mother and son time, some of the best medicine around. My wife and I are pulling for the three of you...
BTW, what hospital did you deliver at? Loma Linda?
You are so right about the mother and son time,being the best medicine.The delivery was at Riverside community hospital,I had no idea they have such a great Nicu,they have been wonderful.
I am now off to the hospital.

MsDrmr
09-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Now that the weekend is over, how is mom and baby doing, I hope well.
He is beautiful, what a gift you have been given. I will continue to pray that he and mom recover well and quickly so that you may have them both at home with you.
I thank you for sharing in a time that can be very sad, fearful and nerve wracking.

little rowe boat
09-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Keep your fingers crossed,with any luck I will be able to bring Caroline home tomorrow.Garrett will remain for aprox. 6 weeks according to what the Dr. has told us,but he is in great hands,the nurses in the NICU are wonderful,they told us that when we aren't there that they will love our baby for us.
Thanks for all of the prayers,I truely believe they have helped.
Jeff or LRB.

Wally_Gator
09-23-2004, 11:52 AM
LRB,
Any updates? I hope things are well... I can imagine time would be a short comodity between helping your wife recover and going to visit with your son..

BLOWN HOWARD
09-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Sounds like some great news, bet you cant wait to get the lil guy home!!!!

That Guy
09-23-2004, 01:55 PM
For once I'm happy to say "I told you so" ....way to hang in there and congratulations to you, your wife and that rockin' new son. Very cool!!!

phuggit
09-23-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm glad everything turned out great. Congrats on the healthy baby.

little rowe boat
09-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone,I truly believe prayer is powerful,I brought my wife home from the hospital on tuesday,she does have to monitor her blood pressure and take some meds to keep it down but she is home and things are looking better.Garrett it still in the NICU but seems to be making more and more progress everyday,when he is awake he is very active,he no longer needs supplemental oxygen,so he is breathing room air on his own,they are now feeding him breast milk and formula,not just intravenous vitamins and supplements.The next step for him is maintaining his body heat,unfortunately he was only 3.84 lbs when he was born,so he does not have to much meat on his bones as of yet,but if he is anything like his old man that shouldn't take too long.
Thanks again.
Jeff

Debbolas
09-23-2004, 09:28 PM
I am so glad things are going well.............Don't worry, Scream was only 4 lbs when he was born and now he is 6ft4 :wink:

FMluvswater
09-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks everyone,I truly believe prayer is powerful,I brought my wife home from the hospital on tuesday,she does have to monitor her blood pressure and take some meds to keep it down but she is home and things are looking better.Garrett it still in the NICU but seems to be making more and more progress everyday,when he is awake he is very active,he no longer needs supplemental oxygen,so he is breathing room air on his own,they are now feeding him breast milk and formula,not just intravenous vitamins and supplements.The next step for him is maintaining his body heat,unfortunately he was only 3.84 lbs when he was born,so he does not have to much meat on his bones as of yet,but if he is anything like his old man that shouldn't take too long.
Thanks again.
Jeff
What wonderful news! I'm so glad things are going so well for you and yours. :)
Garrett's beautiful! Sounds like a lil toughie too! :D You best post more pics regularly so we can see him as he gets bigger and even stronger too! ;) No time at all I bet he'll be home with you and your wife. :cool: Thanks for sharing the updates with us (I'm grinning like an idiot, lol ) :D .

clownpuncher
09-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks again.
Jeff
Great news. Prayer IS powerful. You and the family will be at the river before you know it. :D

little rowe boat
09-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Great news. Prayer IS powerful. You and the family will be at the river before you know it. :D
I hope by next summer.

HighRoller
09-24-2004, 09:49 PM
My buddy who is a fireman had his twins born a month early when his wife developed toxemia. Although the boy was on a respirator briefly, both of them are thriving now. We all had a good scare but like everyone said, the medicinal skills today are amazing. Have faith, take comfort that we all are praying for you, and God will take care of the rest.
HR

Some Kind Of Monster
09-24-2004, 10:10 PM
That's awesome. Glad to hear everything is turning out well. Keep up the updates.

Mrs. casean
09-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks again.
Jeff
Jeff I am glad to hear the news is possitive! This sounds quite similar to my friends situation last Dec... she had toximia and her kidnys were shutting down so they did an immediate c-section and took the baby 2 months early. She was only 3 lbs and amazingly went home in less than a month. Amazing what they can do now... those little miricles we call babies are amazing!

dicudmore
09-25-2004, 09:49 AM
hope all is still going well :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks again.
Jeff
Glad to hear mom is doing better. Sounds like Garrett is on his way to a strong recovery. We will keep you in our prayers and thank you for all the updates.

Wally_Gator
10-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Any updates?

little rowe boat
10-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Caroline is home and has to monitor her BP.Garrett was born 3 weeks ago yesterday and he is still in the NICU,but he seems to make more and more progress everyday,he is over 4 lbs now.the Doctor told me he would be comming home soon and last night Caroline was at the hospital and one of the nurses said,she thought he would be going home within a few days,we hope.I'll try to put in another pic.

Parker Dreamin
10-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Caroline is home and has to monitor her BP.Garrett was born 3 weeks ago yesterday and he is still in the NICU,but he seems to make more and more progress everyday,he is over 4 lbs now.the Doctor told me he would be comming home soon and last night Caroline was at the hospital and one of the nurses said,she thought he would be going home within a few days,we hope.I'll try to put in another pic.
That is great news....My thoughts are with you.....

little rowe boat
10-07-2004, 01:18 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1370Rowe_baby_in_the_NICU_001-med.jpg
This is a more recent photo.

rvrtoy
10-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Congratulations again. My families prayers are still with you. Please keep us updated.
rvrtoy

little rowe boat
10-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Today is one of those bitter sweet days,I am sad because my dog Maxwell almost 14 yr. life came to an end this morning :( :cry: His body had been failing him and he could no longer walk,his mind was sharp but the body just could not do it anymore.So this morning we took him to the vet and said our goodbyes.I am dehydrated from all of the tears I have shed today.On the upside my son Garrett was released from the NICU and came home today,about 2 weeks earlier than expected,I am excited and nervous at the same time,he still only weighs about 4.5 lbs.
Thank you for all of your prayers.
Jeff. LRB

Keithb87
10-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Congrats and Sorry about the loss.. :(

phuggit
10-12-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm glad Garrett is finally home. The home environment will be good for him. Sorry to hear about Maxwell. Four legged family members are hard to let go of.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Wow, it's difficult to give condolences and congratulations in the same post. I have 2 labradors, so I understand how painful it would be to lose one of them. I'm sorry about that. It's too bad dogs don't live as long as we do.
I'm so glad that your boy is home though! Your wife must be ecstatic. Congratulations, again on the babies. I wish them much health and happiness.

FMluvswater
10-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Today is one of those bitter sweet days,I am sad because my dog Maxwell almost 14 yr. life came to an end this morning :( :cry: His body had been failing him and he could no longer walk,his mind was sharp but the body just could not do it anymore.So this morning we took him to the vet and said our goodbyes.I am dehydrated from all of the tears I have shed today.On the upside my son Garrett was released from the NICU and came home today,about 2 weeks earlier than expected,I am excited and nervous at the same time,he still only weighs about 4.5 lbs.
Thank you for all of your prayers.
Jeff. LRB
I'm sorry you lost your canine family member. :( Bittersweet I'm sure.
It's wonderful that your little boy is home now. You'll have to tell him all about Maxwell. :) Wishing you and your family many joys. Take care LRB. :)

little rowe boat
10-13-2004, 12:52 PM
First night at home and neither the wife or I got much sleep.

syke-o
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
glad to hear he is home, and sorry to hear about your dog.... the first few night are a little rough..... but like anything else it will get easier and you will soon be lookin back thinking " i cant believe i was able to survive on so little sleep!!" .....

MRS. MAINEVENT
10-13-2004, 12:56 PM
It will get better soon enough, so glad to hear that you have your boy home with you, I know the relief that you are feeling. When the triplets came home they were around 4.5 to 5 lbs also. They grow so quick so don't worry. Are you in need of preemie things, diapers...clothes...ect.? Let me know :D

dicudmore
LRB glad to hear he is home, and sorry about your dog :(

topless
Did you expect to sleep? LOL get used to it for a while. It will get easier, then harder, then real hard.
Sorry for the loss of Maxwell but glad the baby is home with you. :D

little rowe boat
10-13-2004, 12:59 PM
It will get better soon enough, so glad to hear that you have your boy home with you, I know the relief that you are feeling. When the triplets came home they were around 4.5 to 5 lbs also. They grow so quick so don't worry. Are you in need of preemie things, diapers...clothes...ect.? Let me know :D
Thanks for the offer,we received tons of diapers and stuff at the baby shower.

MRS. MAINEVENT
10-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the offer,we received tons of diapers and stuff at the baby shower.
I had to make sure he had little stuff to wear, he is a cutie, I know he is a boy and we shouldn't call boys cuties but he is. :D

Wally_Gator
10-13-2004, 01:02 PM
I can remember that night when we brought my daughter home.
Unable to sleep because every little noise makes you wonder, unable to sleep
because you have to change a diaper or help feed the little one.
I am very happy for the two of you and sad for the loss of such a dear friend.
Enjoy every minute because tomorrow he will be 10 months old and you will think where did the time go. The day after that he will be 16 months old and getting more and more independant and you want to hold your baby again.
Just the beginning.
Walter

redneckgirl
10-13-2004, 01:07 PM
That is awesome they are home early!!!! :rollside: They grow fast watch out, before you know it he will be 10!!!!
Sorry about your dog I know what you are feeling! I did it 3 years ago! :frown:
RNG

Mrs.Racer277
10-13-2004, 01:42 PM
So glad to hear the baby is home. I am sure as time goes on your sleep will improve. Thanks for keeping us update. You are still in my prayers.
P.S. Off Topic-spent the weekend with Michele looking at land and houses.

slowinhavasuskid
10-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Congrats on bringing him home. He will grow and get big before you know it. :wink:

little rowe boat
10-13-2004, 02:02 PM
I can remember that night when we brought my daughter home.
Unable to sleep because every little noise makes you wonder, unable to sleep
because you have to change a diaper or help feed the little one.
I am very happy for the two of you and sad for the loss of such a dear friend.
Enjoy every minute because tomorrow he will be 10 months old and you will think where did the time go. The day after that he will be 16 months old and getting more and more independant and you want to hold your baby again.
Just the beginning.
Walter
You are so right every little noise he made,kept me awake.

little rowe boat
10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
So glad to hear the baby is home. I am sure as time goes on your sleep will improve. Thanks for keeping us update. You are still in my prayers.
P.S. Off Topic-spent the weekend with Michele looking at land and houses.
Thanks for the continued prayers.
Michele is the best,if there is a place out there for you,she will find it.
Good luck.

Mrs.Racer277
10-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the continued prayers.
Michele is the best,if there is a place out there for you,she will find it.
Good luck.
Thanks for the luck. We thought we had it all figured out. But the house does not fit the lot. :( Who needs a 3 car/boat rv garage that's 52 feet long anyway?? ;) Back to the dirt pile. But we did find a great house to build. She was fantastic.

racecar.hotshoe
10-13-2004, 05:26 PM
This may sound crazy.And please understand I'm sorry about your pet.But dog feel things. I have seen it many times.Its like he knew it was going to be hard on you with his health and the new baby.So its like they know when its time to go.We had a dog that wee found out had cancer.he pasted 4 weeks later my neighbor came over with a puppy looked just like my dog she said her dog had 6 pups this was the only one that looked like my dog So he knew.And now we have jr.Enjoy your new son things will get better.Mark

rrrr
10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Great news. Sometimes it's hard to remember the terror I felt when I became a dad almost 21 years ago. Not much fun sometimes when you are so scared for your child.
Sorry you lost your dog. I know that must hurt.
I wish you and your family all the best..... :shift:

little rowe boat
10-14-2004, 03:25 PM
This may sound crazy.And please understand I'm sorry about your pet.But dog feel things. I have seen it many times.Its like he knew it was going to be hard on you with his health and the new baby.So its like they know when its time to go.We had a dog that wee found out had cancer.he pasted 4 weeks later my neighbor came over with a puppy looked just like my dog she said her dog had 6 pups this was the only one that looked like my dog So he knew.And now we have jr.Enjoy your new son things will get better.Mark
We will eventually get another dog,when Garrett is older,the prob. is that we will never be able to replace Maxwell.We use to say he had a human soul.
RIP. old friend 12/18/1990- 10/12/2004

IN2-IN2MX
10-14-2004, 03:26 PM
We will eventually get another dog,when Garrett is older,the prob. is that we will never be able to replace Maxwell.We use to say he had a human soul.
RIP. old friend 12/18/1990- 10/12/2004
:( :cry: I'm so sorry.

bunny 166
10-14-2004, 03:40 PM
So sorry to hear about you sweet Maxwell, but boy is that son of your precious!! Enjoy every waking moment...there will be time for sleep later. You'll never believe he was as tiny as he was so take tons of pictures. What an angelic face!! I know everything will work out great...congrats to you and your family!!! Bunny