PDA

View Full Version : more cleaning ?'s...

kcvega
04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I buffed and waxed the boat over the weekend and it turned out pretty darn good. Now I need some tricks for the interior. The white vinyl has some stains on it. They aren't noticable in sunlight, just in the shade. Tried a magic eraser, simple green, clorox cleanup and some Starbrite mildew remover and they're still there. Haven't tried straight bleach yet. Any tips?

JB in so cal
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

HOOTER SLED-
04-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Try Shout.

Jordy
04-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Try Shout.
Like yelling at it will do any good. :notam: :D

kcvega
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I tried the magic erasers. It whitened everything up real good, especially the rub rails but they wouldn't get the stains off the vinyl. I did cuss at em a little but they stayed right there. I'll try the shout, maybe straight bleach too.

BadKachina
04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
If Magic Erasers won't work than you only have two other options. One is to have the panel that' stained re-done or to try laquer thinner. Laquer thinner will usually remove almost any stain but it can also remove the color of your vinyl and change the texture of it. Use it sparingly and maybe you'll also want to test it somewhere out of sight. It works though, and I've had good success removing black scuff marks off my sun pad and back seat, you'll just have to be really carefull with it.

littlejake
04-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Try Shout.
If that doesn't work try jumping up and down...or roll around on the floor and kick and scream. :cry: :cry:

desrtrat256
04-11-2006, 05:56 PM
i use an interior bleach that wo, it works really well.

beyondhelpin
04-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Before you use bleach, use Fantastic on is. Just keep off of threads and rinse well. Works great. Just dont over use.

kcvega
04-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Tulsa huh? I'm in Broken Arrow. Thanks for the tips, I'll try em.

fourspeednup
04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
May want to send Roln20s a PM and get some of his vinyl cleaner, I've heard it takes out some nasty stains ;)
Boatbling Vinyl Cleaner (https://boatbling.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=10&zenid=501d1b53d185c042bca98982cd1e8e8a)

jetboat
04-12-2006, 04:22 AM
try tuff stuff,its in a yellow canaster.

BigDoug
04-12-2006, 06:27 AM
We use acetone or paint thinner to get the heavy stuff off, it works well, just remember to put vinyl dressing on right after, you'll be fine though.. :)

lakewake
04-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Check out my web site at www.junkyardjuice.com. Go to the photos page and see the befor and after. There are several Hot Boat members testamonials in there. I have seen people ruin their interiors doing it the mad scientist way as desribed in prior posts. First you try product A,then B ,then C
by the time you get done you have mixed a leathal cocktail for your seats and stitching. You won't know it until next year when you pull the cover off of your boat. If you are in the So-California area I will bring some by and show you how well it works. Send me your info to tony@junkyardjuice.com or send me a PM. Good luck,Tony

dirty old man
04-12-2006, 07:39 AM
You've put so many chemicals on it, its probably set by now. Next time try ZEP. You rarely hurt the vinyl, but you've ruined the cotton thread

SUBPRIME
04-12-2006, 08:15 AM
I keep hearing about these magic erasers, where do you get these things? Does west marine have them?

dicudmore
04-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I keep hearing about these magic erasers, where do you get these things? Does west marine have them?
grocery store, walmart etc...its a standard cleaning product :wink:

dicudmore
04-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I buffed and waxed the boat over the weekend and it turned out pretty darn good. Now I need some tricks for the interior. The white vinyl has some stains on it. They aren't noticable in sunlight, just in the shade. Tried a magic eraser, simple green, clorox cleanup and some Starbrite mildew remover and they're still there. Haven't tried straight bleach yet. Any tips?
could these possibly be sun-screen stains? cleaners pretty much don't take them out (from what I've been told by my resident detail pro aka BIG DOUG/FULL THROTTLE DETAIL) but leaving the panel in the sun for a while the sun might lighten/bleach it a bit :idea:

pm069
04-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Worse comes to worse, there is vinyl spray paint. Mask area to be done and spray lightly until you get it right. Make sure you get the right color! or go to your local car dealership and see if they have a guy that does their used car interior repairs (dying, vinyl cracks, etc.) and hook up with him.

Legal Chemistry
04-12-2006, 12:44 PM
softscrub. It works well.

kcvega
04-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys. I'm in Oklahoma by the way. Maybe they'll get bleached out by the sun or rubbed off by booties.(or boobies) In the sunlight they aren't noticable so it's not a huge deal.

TUNNEL T
04-12-2006, 01:10 PM
try tuff stuff,its in a yellow canaster.
tuff stuff ditto ,and you can get it at grocery store!

SOCALDETAIL1
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Sounds like the seats are what we call in the biz "burnt" sun+sunscreen or a plastic bag with dye on it. either have that panel replaced or re-dyed but first try clorox powdered bleach but pull the seat out first so you don't get it everywhere. PM me if you need any advice, Mark