PDA

View Full Version : Aaarrrgggghhhh

Benjhamina
04-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I am not a stereo pro by any means but I have been having trouble with mine lately and I can't figure it out. It was built by Wired for Sound and worked well for a long time but latley the head unit has power but won't turn on. I bought a new head unit and that one has the same problem. Has anyone ever heard of this? The CD's will pull in and eject out but that is all the thing will do. No display, no nothing.

BOBALOO
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Did you check the fuse from the switched ignition? Sounds like the memory wire is hooked up but the switched power wire is not getting 12v. could be a bad ign switch a fuse or a loose connection.

ROZ
04-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Sounds like the ignition wire came loose or blew a fuse. The wire you're looking for is red. Head units have two power wires, one yellow (constant 12v) and one red (switched power). In boats, we typically hook them both up to constant because most people don't want their key on to use the stereo. Look for that wire to possible be unhooked from power or have a blown fuse. Some head units will still load and eject CDs with only the yellow wire hooked to power, some won't.
He owes you 2 redbull and vodkas for that info ;) :D

ROZ
04-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Redbull makes me jumpy. Can I still have the vodka? :D
He'd better make a double :D

Benjhamina
04-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Sounds like the ignition wire came loose or blew a fuse. The wire you're looking for is red. Head units have two power wires, one yellow (constant 12v) and one red (switched power). In boats, we typically hook them both up to constant because most people don't want their key on to use the stereo. Look for that wire to possible be unhooked from power or have a blown fuse. Some head units will still load and eject CDs with only the yellow wire hooked to power, some won't.
Your right ROZ I owe him whatever he wants to drink. He was exactly right. I traced the red wire back to my ACC switch and it had come loose. I'll be in Havi this weekend so stop by for a cocktail if you can. I'm chubby and here is my boat....
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/benjhamina/DCP02478.jpg

Cole Trickle
04-12-2006, 08:45 AM
That looks like Nord's boat, which is here right now. :D I might be in Parker, I'll have a cocktail down there and tell them to bill you. ;)
Take a couple pics of someone teabagging his boat so I can pull them out at Daves house after we have been drinking.:D;)

ROZ
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
How about pick of his install :)