PDA

View Full Version : ** White Castle Sucks **

carbonmarine
09-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Okay, just back from Indianapolis. I was at a tradeshow called CEDIA ? did anyone here go ?
Anyhow, I have heard for a long, long while that WHITE CASTLE is th3 "ultimate" in terms of drunk food & drive through.... I can tell you that I am no HUGE In-N-Out fan either. I can also now tell ya though that White Castle can't hold In-N-Out's jock !!!
So. I am in the drive through at White Castle and someone say's.. " Can I Axx you your order ?? " ...LOL , I said ," ...sure ..one of each of your burgers please.." Since I was after all pretty wounded. I found out why they call them sliders,,, Its because they slide right out of you azz...!! fugg'in gross....
Personally I am into Green Burritos from Del Taco, but that just me.
Rick32
What do you guys think about The White Castle ? ( BTW: KRYSTAL SUCKS TOO ! ) http://www.whitecastle.com/_assets/images/food/menu/cheeseburger_lg.jpg http://www.krystal.com/images/site_pages/ProductsCollage.jpg

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Tell me that that picture is at 1/10 scale???

carbonmarine
09-16-2004, 10:44 AM
nah, its pretty dead on.....

WaTchTheGelCoat
09-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Okay, just back from Indianapolis. I was at a tradeshow called CEDIA ? did anyone here go ?
Anyhow, I have heard for a long, long while that WHITE CASTLE is th3 "ultimate" in terms of drunk food & drive through.... I can tell you that I am no HUGE In-N-Out fan either. I can know also tell ya though that White Castle cant hold In-N-Out's jock !!!
So. I am in the drive through at White Castle and someone say's.. " Can I Axx you your order ?? " ...LOL , I said ," ...sure ..one of each of your burgers please.." Since I was after all pretty wounded. I found out why they call them sliders,,, Its because they slide right out of you azz...!! fugg'in gross....
Personally I am into Green Burritos from Del Taco, but that just me.
Rick32
What do you guys think about The White Castle ? http://www.whitecastle.com/_assets/images/food/menu/cheeseburger_lg.jpg
I would kill for a slider right now. Ultimate drunk food, sure they give you the squirts but, they taste great. Guess its a midwest thing.

Stealth Marine
09-16-2004, 10:47 AM
What do you guys think about The White Castle ?
They are, with out a doubt, the WORST!!

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Come to the Southeast. We have Krystal. Same look buy way better. Steamed onions and greasy :p

Misogynist
09-16-2004, 10:55 AM
sure they give you the squirts but, they taste great. .
Oh yeah....that sounds like a fair trade.... NOT........ :hammer2:

mirvin
09-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Born and raised here in L.A. I've spent my whole life listening to easterners yammering on about how White Castle is the best and how we aint got no good burgers out here :confused:
Had my first WC in Chicago last year and I gotta tell ya, it was TERRIBLE. I mean come on, the worst McDonalds burger is better then these things. It's like an awful trick they play on kids and drunks. Somehow they make people believe that its good :notam: :D
mirvin

78Eliminator
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Mirv, you ever go back east and eat their pitiful excuses for Mexican food? It will cause the gag reflex.
I even went to Colorado and the Mexican food was disgusting. I can't live without Mexican food.

dave186
09-16-2004, 11:22 AM
i ate at whitecastle for the first time when i went to chicago as well, and well it sucked goat nuts.

MagicMtnDan
09-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Simply by comparing White Castle to In-N-Out shows you don't understand what WC is all about.
There is no comparison between the two. There never was supposed to be one :rolleyes:

carbonmarine
09-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Dan,
......... How do they differ
- They both sell food.
- That food happends to be Burgers & fries
- They both claim to be old fashioned and original
- What market segement outside of region do they not compare ..Is there a percieved Price /Quality Delta ?
Rick32

NashvilleBound
09-16-2004, 11:35 AM
i ate at whitecastle for the first time when i went to chicago as well, and well it sucked goat nuts.
I will take that as a bad thing :D :D :D :D I had the double jalapeno burger today and I told the wife the same thing..no more White Castle.
I'm ready to fly back to the West Coast for a Carne Asada Burrito tho...$200 rt airfare sounds justified right now.

MagicMtnDan
09-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Dan,
......... How do they differ
- They both sell food.
- That food happends to be Burgers & fries
- They both claim to be old fashioned and original
- What market segement outside of region do they not compare ..Is there a percieved Price /Quality Delta ?
Rick32
Taco Bell is considered food too :D
White Castle makes/sells little square burgers with holes in them. And their burgers are affectionately known to their customers as "sliders." That should tell you all you need to know about WC. Their burgers are, as I recall, some of the cheapest you can buy anywhere (hence the talk about going to WC and buying a "sack of sliders").
In-N-Out makes (in my opinion) the best hamburgers of any of the major, large burger-serving fast-food joints (with the exception of the $6 Burger at Carl's and other specialty burgers that others may make). In-N-Out does not make the price of their burger a selling point (they promote quality).
I'm headed to Fuddruckers for a 1 pound burger. Later...

572Daytona
09-16-2004, 11:42 AM
I grew up in the Chicago area and I don't know of anyone who thought it was good food. It was just one of only a few places open at 3am where you could get greasy food to help soak up the alcohol. Now I live in the South East and Krystal is the same idea, I can't eat there more than about once a year. It's more of a novelty thing.

91nordic29
09-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Come to the Southeast. We have Krystal. Same look buy way better. Steamed onions and greasy :p
they used to be the best after skating all night (River Otter, did you ever go to the redbank skating rink?). seems like they used to cost one dollar for 20 (???). i like 'em. :cool:

Essex502
09-16-2004, 12:06 PM
ON one of my many trips back east, my friends and I were hungry after working on car all day. They were local boys from the Cincinatti area and said they were gonna' run over to White Castle t oget some burgers and did I want any. I said sure, get me one, fries and a coke...they snickered a little and said don't we have White Castle in California? No...why? They said they were small hamburgers and I should order a half dozen. I asked whether they were any good...my buddies answered yep they're the best. Okay get me 6 then. My first bite made me think they were so full of $hit...the focking thing was terrible....they laughed their asses off and ate the other 5 of my burgers as well as theirs.
In-N-Out is soooo superior. McDonalds - vastly better....Even Burger King (which I can't stand either) is better than that pig slop called a burger at White Castle.

Sleek-Jet
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Mirv, you ever go back east and eat their pitiful excuses for Mexican food? It will cause the gag reflex.
I even went to Colorado and the Mexican food was disgusting. I can't live without Mexican food.
I hope you didn't go to Casa Bonita...
What part of Colorado??

mirvin
09-16-2004, 01:22 PM
No sir, I can't say that I have........ :wink:
mirvin

Ion
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Being from Chicago, I have nothing but fond, blurry memories of late night / early morning visits to the drive through at our neighborhood White Castle. It was frequently the finale to the weekend, downtown drinking binge. Sure, the window attendants were usually uneducated, obese, ebonics-speakin', bad-hygiene female minorites, but that was part of the mystique. Re: the name "sliders", it's true...they slide right through you the following morning, leaving behind that unmistakable scent of slider-gas.
Grab a sack!

ahhell
09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
double double, grilled onions....the tits
white castle...only one ive had was in a box from costco...hope the real ones were better, cuz the box with ketchup was better.......imho :hammerhea

BajaMike
09-16-2004, 04:20 PM
I've had White Castle many times while traveling on the East coast and i thought they where great...but they cannot compare to an In and Out Burger.....not even close!!!
:crossx:

Kim Hanson
09-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Being from Chicago, I have nothing but fond, blurry memories of late night / early morning visits to the drive through at our neighborhood White Castle. It was frequently the finale to the weekend, downtown drinking binge. Sure, the window attendants were usually uneducated, obese, ebonics-speakin', bad-hygiene female minorites, but that was part of the mystique. Re: the name "sliders", it's true...they slide right through you the following morning, leaving behind that unmistakable scent of slider-gas.
Grab a sack!
You have a shitty out look on people and think about it buddy. If they weren't there to give you food, what would you eat?
Same thing for paint buddy, some suck and some don't!.........( . )( . )......... :mad:

CAHotRodBoy
09-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Taco Bell is considered food too :D
White Castle makes/sells little square burgers with holes in them. And their burgers are affectionately known to their customers as "sliders." That should tell you all you need to know about WC. Their burgers are, as I recall, some of the cheapest you can buy anywhere (hence the talk about going to WC and buying a "sack of sliders").
In-N-Out makes (in my opinion) the best hamburgers of any of the major, large burger-serving fast-food joints (with the exception of the $6 Burger at Carl's and other specialty burgers that others may make). In-N-Out does not make the price of their burger a selling point (they promote quality).
I'm headed to Fuddruckers for a 1 pound burger. Later...
I think Carl's $6 burger is a joke too. It's nothing but a regular Carls burger, only bigger. The difference to it and a real restaurant burger, like Hamber Hamlet, is the quality of the meat, not the size of the burger.
I think the fondness for White Castle is that everyone has memories of going there after getting F*cked up all night, picking up a beer goggle slut and and getting the munchies on the way home. It's not so much the food itself but the fun times they had getting it.

Back Forty
09-16-2004, 04:42 PM
IT'S FOCKING White Castles.... :messedup:
If somebody ever told you they were the best, they either were drunk or an asshole. :p
It's a steamed burger for christ's sake. Anybody that grew up out here that say's different ain't from around here....
My Pop's used to get a dozen for himself and three or four a piece for us kids. His term was "Rectum Rockets!" My Dad always associated them with the shits. I never even heard sliders until recently. I love the dam things and yes they are terrible and thats what makes them so great. Personally I can't imagine going to WC's after a drunk night. Thats what taco hell is for. :squiggle:
Same for In and Out. That shit's too exspensive to knaw on when your drunk. I want at least to be able to sit up straight and savor my exspensive burger.
There's a reason why the Beastie Boys were always talking White Castles and onion breath... :idea:
Kim, you have no idea chief... :notam:

Ion
09-16-2004, 05:37 PM
You have a shitty out look on people and think about it buddy. If they weren't there to give you food, what would you eat?
Same thing for paint buddy, some suck and some don't!.........( . )( . )......... :mad:
What in the h*e*l*l are you talking about "buddy"?
I presented an accurate, factual accounting of how things used to be at a particular 1980's Chicago-land W.C. and you turn around judge me by telling me I have a shitty "out look" on people? Then...make some vague, unrelated statement about paint to end your thought...
What's buggin' you buddy?

Misogynist
09-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Man... you guys are getting your jammies in a bunch over freakin' fast food... it's all sh!t..... I avoid fast food like the plague... only when I've been working late and everything is closed do I bother with the Del Taco down the street... and that is an act of desperation. I certainly don't get into arguements over the lack of quality of their food.... Hell... half the time I have to argue with the fat chick behind the counter that I don't want cheese on everything... and she tells me the same thing... " That's what makes it good"... I try to be polite and smile and remind her "no cheese" anyway rather than tell her she's a 300 lb blob because she eats so much cheese.... :hammer2:

Tom Brown
09-16-2004, 06:38 PM
A guy I went to the USGP at Indiannapolis with last year had to go to White Castle. His wife was all over it too. I'm the least fussy eater I know and I could barely eat it.
The "meat" left an aftertaste in my mouth that I'm still belching up.