PDA

View Full Version : Remember those fun things you did as a kid...

superdave013
09-16-2004, 12:07 PM
This thread is dedicated to all those nice soccer mom's who ruined childhood for all future generations.
What crazy things did you do as a kid?
Bottle Rocket wars (inside my friends basement)
BB gun wars
Bike Jousting (using brooms and trash can lids)
Smear the Queer
Mailbox baseball
Shooting Ohio Blue Tip matches out of BB guns seemed like a good idea, until my friend shot one through the drywall in his room. The match lit and started a fire inside the wall.
pipe bombs
skateboard / bike helmet, You have to be kidding me!
drove pop's alum starcraft fishing boat off the ski jump
whip my brother on the tube through the cat tails (he returned the favor trust me)
So, what did you do?

Froggystyle
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Where to start...
For starters, I have been the designer and engineer of the absolute worst bike jumps and skateboard ramps ever built by human hands with spare wood. No question.
Rock fights. Damn... who would even think this would start between freinds?
The mandatory BB gun wars, Bottlerocket fights and the like, but the same perverse mind that is bringing you the Revolution also brought to my neighborhood the...
"Mosquito model rocket Bazooka" with electric start and an M-80 warhead ignited by the model rocket engine.
This bad boy was good for a solid 100 yard accuracy within 3 or four feet, and while it was certainly a two man crewed weapon, the results were devatating and very demoralizing to the kid holding only a bottle rocket to return fire with.
And my coup-d-gras, and an obvious harbinger of my future as a SEAL was the variety of oxygen-acetylene bombs set off as a late teen. Everything from 1 gallons to 33 gallon poly drums, and everything destroyed from mailbox sized targets to a 1967 Volkswagen squareback that was trashed, stripped and abandoned pretty close to our chosen demo range.
I am so lucky I have ten fingers... :cool:

racecar.hotshoe
09-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Ol you mean like catching my little brother filling dads gas tank up with the water hose,Wacking my older sisters little toe off with a grass sling.(boy did I get my a$$ beat for that one)Hooking my moms prize winning persion cat up to a rake so I could plow up the back yard. Nope I have no idea what your talking about. :D

sintax
09-16-2004, 12:18 PM
What was the outcome of this one?
I remember doing a good number of those items except with some differences.
We used to have Roman Candle wars.
We used to make bombs out of model rocket motors, never had any access to black powder.
I remeber getting talked into riding on the front of my dads friends kawasaki 550 jetski through the reeds in havasu at WOT. (damn scary)
I'm sure I'll think of more.
-Scott

Keithb87
09-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Jumpped bikes off of wooden ramps with concrete blocks for support (no protection..
Bottle rocket wars
Took sticks of of bottle rockets and lit ( set the neighbors station-wagon on fire (blanket in back... seat window down))
Rip cord cars to sisters hair
Showed my sis how to use Clacker Balls (Wrong way so she got hurt)
Bumper and door skiing from the moving car in snow and ice
:D :D :D

Sleek-Jet
So, what did you do?
That has got to be one of the best stories on here.
Here's my list...
No helmets, no how... pussies.
Riding in the back of the pick-up to town.
Tubing behind the Artic Cat in January, and slinging my brother into a patch of sage brush... he got even too.
No full face helmets in Little League.
Playing Little League on what was no more than a dirt lot, lot's of black eye's from hot grounders.

lucky
bb gun wars ( what dumb asses we where - no goggles )
jumping your friends with bikes ( ramps )
talking to strangers ( i put that in for all you liberals )
pop rocks and coke
jumping our bikes into ponds
bonzi runs on the honda 50 thew the corn ..
water rockets
spyin on my sisters hot friends ( hell they could have been fugly )

superdave013
09-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Bumper and door skiing from the moving car in snow and ice
:D :D :D
ah yes, good ol bumper sliding.

Froggystyle
09-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Rip cord cars to sisters hair
Of all of them so far, this is the only one that got a wince out of me.... :p

78Eliminator
09-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Dirt clod wars in the canyon by my house.
BMX bike ramps that were 4-6 feet high and we jumped them on the street with no helmets
Smoking cigatettes when 7 years old in the canyon with my friends
Stealing chewing tobacco and cigarattes from Longs Drugs
Smoking dill seed wrapped up in a sticky note cause it looked like pot
Jumping off houses and not breaking anything
Fights after school
Outrunning cops
Lighting trash cans on fire
Throwing rocks through windows
Stealing car stereos from dick head jocks in school
Driving at high rates of speed
Spinning doughnuts in the 7-11 parking lot in a 90 5.0 after three 40s of Olde English 800
Sitting in a drunk tank
Stealing 40 ouncers

superdave013
09-16-2004, 12:24 PM
guys, pops still has that fishing boat. Has had lots of replaced rivets.
I was not the first guy to do it. Another kid did it in a GW Invader so I just had to go for it.
Some good ones, keep it up.

roostwear
09-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I had 2 favorites- Lawn Darts and "dodge the water rocket". If it was so dangerous why am I still around? I think I still have a set of lawn darts tucked away somewhere......
http://www.valleyofthedirtpeople.com/images/smiles/whaasup.gif

racecar.hotshoe
09-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Anybody ever do this,We would go and steal the scurting off mobile homes in the winter for down hill snow races?

Froggystyle
09-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Anybody ever do this,We would go and steal the scurting off mobile homes in the winter for down hill snow races?
Uh.... no.

Keithb87
09-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I had a buddy in HS that would "Surf" on the roof of his 77 Camero while I drove.. Of course that was after quite a few Beers... :D

phuggit
09-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Orange fights
Knee boarding in the Gage Canal behind an Odysey
Riding dirt bikes from my parents and only crossing one paved road

vdriver4ever
09-16-2004, 01:06 PM
My two brothers and I would carve sleek boats out of popcicle sticks and race them down street gutters when it rained.

lucky
09-16-2004, 01:25 PM
my cousin and i at lake berressa (i was like 6) found a old styrafom dock pad and scraped out our seves a boat - boy that lake was a mess when we where done ...

Powerquestboy
09-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Smear the Queer was great
Stealing Plywood from construction sites to make skateboard ramps. It was pretty obvious seeing 5 kids riding down the street on a piece of plywood with all there skateboards under it.
Calling 900 numbers all afternoon at my buddy's house not realizing it was going to show up on his dads phone bill.
Running from the cops in the woods after they busted a party!
Driving past the cops and not saying a word as they were stuck in the mud trying to come bust our party.
Getting busted by the cops for climbing a water tower we called the moon tower (see dazed and confused)

BADBLOWN572
09-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Hmm, where to start...
After about a 30 pack of beer, we decided to take some mylar baloons and fill them full of acetalin (?sp) from my dad's welding tank. Stuck a cannon fuse in the fill hole, and wrapped it with a rubber band. Took it off the cliffs in Laguna Beach and let it fly. About 10 minutes later BOOM!!! One of the biggest explosions that I have ever seen. It was huge!!! Police and bomb squad were dispatched and we watched them roll out onto the point where we let it go. By that time, we were way away.
Built spud guns and shot each other with hard dinner rolls
Went fishing with waterbombs and Alpo dog food. Pop holes in the Alpo can, dangle it over the boat for about 15 minutes, then drop in the water bomb. Dinner for days.
I am the product of a misspent youth. :D

bordsmnj
09-16-2004, 01:49 PM
let me check the statute of limitations and then reply!
other not so punishable thing include but not limited to:
dirt clod/orangetree fights with laborers over back fence
"ninja" (like ditch'em but played with broom sticks at night)
doorbell ditchem
rubber ban fights during paper route years.
ditch the cops at various illegal skateboarding sites-also known as the century 21 scam.(you move you take your pool water with yuh)

Tom Brown
09-16-2004, 02:12 PM
We found a wasp nest on the back fence so my brother and I took a garbage can and knocked it off the fence and into the can with one whack of the garbage can lid. The wasps didn't wake up until they were nicely inside the can. There was a surprisingly brief buzzing inside the tightly closed can.
I wanted to put the garbage can out with the rest of the trash and watch the garbage men as they flip the lid off our wasp bomb but my brother wouldn't let me. Fraidy cat! :(

coolchange
09-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Hydro sliding on plywood in the street whern it rained. Riding our bikes in the storm drain UNDER Sepulveda blvd. Brother did acetylen trash bag. blew out friends sliding glass door and hid in the closet for 2 hours from bomb squad. Giant sling shot between 2 trees. would shoot a lemon 100 yards across the block into the street.

Kim Hanson
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Nothing, pure as the driven snow! Religous back then :D Parents were anyways.........( . )( . )............

Ziggy
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Down here in San Diego County we had lots of tomato fields....huge ones just behind our house so we had some of the most hellatious tomato fights. Our moms were never happy about the laundry work we provided them.
Bending rims on my MX bike about every week. I was very into jumping big stuff but the bikes weren't up to the task in those days(early extreme stuff??) :D

cyclone
09-16-2004, 02:34 PM
watching my best friend make his little brother eat snails.
Hitting golf balls off of the hill behind my house at the construction workers grading the lot down below.
letting the air out of the tires on one side of an earth mover and running like hell when it tipped over on its side.
having wars in my sisters bedroom with stuffed animals, books and whatever else we could throw into the ceiling fan while it was on!
trying to jump my bmx bike across the swimming pool using just a flat sheet of plywood propped up against a railroad tie. not real bright and no i didnt make it.
grabbing a hand full of pinto beans at the grocery store while mom was shopping and hucking them into the air onto the people on the next aisle. oh what fun that was....

Some Kind Of Monster
09-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Wow, I still do all this stuff today..
If it can be done on a BMX bike, I have done it.
If it explodes or shoots, I have done it,
Mortars, potato guns that put golf balls through a 2x4, Blowing appliances up (tvs, ovens, dish washers, freezers, you name it) with various mixtures, physics class in my back yard, fires that can be seen from space,
If it's fast, illegal, dangerous... You get the point..
We used to go swimming at peoples houses when they weren't home. No I had no idea who they were.
I once dove head first into a 4 foot deap pool. You can guess the results.

roostwear
09-16-2004, 02:45 PM
In high school, we'd go "ice blocking" at night. First, go buy a few 50# blocks of ice, then drive over to Eisenhower Park (the brickyard back then). Climb the grass hill with the blocks (freezing your hands off in the process), then sit on the block and have someone push you off the hill. Friggin' blocks haul ass! After a few: beers, Boone's Farm, Bali Hi, Mickey's (pick one or more), the impact with the tree didn't hurt so much.

roostwear
09-16-2004, 02:46 PM
I once dove head first into a 4 foot deap pool. You can guess the results.
We've suspected as much! j/k :D

Craig
09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Man the memories come flooding back :rollside:
*rock battles,
*bb gun battles,
*Having one friend stand out in a field and then see how close we could come with an arrow by shooting it way up in the air (dumb one there :D )
*Playing "chase" through the neighborhood with our cars,
*Knocking mailboxes off with rocks while tearing through neighborhoods in our cars
* Trash night in the "ritzy" communities, Stopping next to one of their rolling carts that held two metal trash cans. Hang out the window, grab that cart and take off, then let 'er go! What a freakin' mess.
* two words, lawn darts!
*How far can we go out on the bay when it's frozen before a freighter breaks up the ice (another dumb one)
*Making explosives in the basement with my chemistry set when the folks are working, don't put in too much potassium nitrate or look out!
*Figuring out we can buy pure Sodium from chemical warehouses. Throw it in water, it reactes, it generates hydrogen, then sparks and BOOM! Very cool.
*Oh the stories from working at the burger joint in the summers,, but that's for another time :eek:
*Stealing one of those silver pressurized water fire extiquishers from HoJo's, and some genious deciding we can put gas in it and make a flame thrower.
Freakin' amazing we never got permanently disfigured or had anything that stayed on our records :D
Funny thing is I did most of this stuff with a good friend that moved out here to AZ to work at the nuke plant with me. I'll start telling old time stories, and friends say, "I can't see Mark doing that, you however..." I tell them, he looks like Mr Profffesional now, but trust me, we were side by side :p

Mandelon
09-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Molotov cocktails......cops chased us for two hours...
Riding bikes in the storm drains, when it rained....
Fire cracker fights.....pipe bombs....
We stole one of those big silver air/water pressured fire extinguishers, we used to drive around and squirt people.
joy riding in neighbors cars.....
We tp'd the same house five nights in a row....
TP'd my high school girlfriends house with 137 rolls that we heisted from public bathrooms over the course of two months. So much paper you could not see the fricking house..... :crossx: :hammerhea
We stole all the room numbers and the bells the day before school started my Junior Year. That was the best one. It was days before people got to their rooms on time...LOLOLOLOLOLOOL

77charger
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
riding my first motorcycle helmetless
the concrete blocks and 2x10 bike jumps,peeing in cup and told a neighborhood kid it was fruit juice
spitballs in elementery school,
bb guns,shot some kids,cats and all the birds on the high wire
knew how to get free cable tv,and when parents got satelite tv(the big dishes of the 80s knew how to find the playboy channel
spent one new years eve drooping m-80s in a mailbox (about 10-12 yrs old to date)

Schiada76
09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Bottle rockets? HAH! You pussies! How about 8" long skyrockets ona three foot stick as big aroound as your thumb! I am so Gawdamned glad I got that thing outa my shirt before it went off!
River, Telephone Cove, 5 to 10 gallens of gas poured down the cliff and ignited (hair singes so easily doesn't it?) Fire dancing. in the fire, barefoot, alcohol believed to be involved.
Playing Bee Man in a swarm of honey bees with an MC helmet taped up with duct tape. Second time tape doen't hold and you have to pull a stinger outa your buddies EYEBALL with hemostats.
The big ass rock fights with twenty kids behind the local PD station, they'd come out and make us stop.LOL
Shit, I'm scaring myself!

ahhell
09-16-2004, 03:51 PM
bb gun fights were cool in the single mom apartments :messedup:
wrist rocket fights with baked and ice cooled marbles
lighting fields on fire with your tennis ball cannon (cleared the weeds on a vacant golf course) did time washing dishes at the local F.D. on that one
running from the store detective after stealing a baseball glove from "White Front" and ditching them in the single mom apartments
puking after my first encounter with chewing tobacco...redman :yuk:
playing mumbly peg and putting the knife in your friends shin

Tremor Therapy
09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
BB gun fights
Rock fights
Smear the Queer in the field down the street
Digging secret forts into the hillside accross the street
Bottle Rocket wars
Tennis ball cannons
All of the obligatory bmx and skateboard stuff
Not to mention the Friday night neighborhood hide-n-seek games....they were the best!

Ziggy
09-16-2004, 04:07 PM
In High School I took my motorcycle through the middle of school during class, got chased up and down stairs, hallways. Made one pass around the track and three donuts in the grass, accross the baseball field, thru the tennis courts before bailing the school grounds..It was a rush and scary all at the same time.
Cruise night in my car one time, playing chase with girls in their car. Said if we catch we can have 'em. They knew their way around there real good, tiny little ally ways, sidewalks,etc., etc., and finally onto Orange Glenn High School(in Escondido) football field where we caught them. :D :D :D Never put a nick in my paint even with all the Starsky and Hutch driving :D

Some Kind Of Monster
09-16-2004, 04:13 PM
We've suspected as much! j/k :D
Oh yeah.. You comment after telling of your encounters with a tree after a high speed downhill run. I came out of my experience with a small scar and messed up nose. Not too bad if you ask me. :hammer2: :D

Misogynist
09-16-2004, 04:14 PM
God... I think I did all those things and a few more... I can remember being in one of those sandstone canyons at Powell about 1980... the whole canyon was filled with dryed out tumbleweeds.... I lit that sucker on fire and it sent huge clouds of smoke over the lake... Someone from Bullfrog spotted the smoke and thought maybe a boat had burned down... a few minutes later the "fish cops" showed up and shook their heads......... :D

Misogynist
09-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Every once in a while we'd help mother nature along in a little soil erosion.... we'd take some shovels and scissor jacks with us to Powell... then we'd find a huge rock overhanging a hillside that ran downhill to the water... we'd undermine the soil and they put the jacks on the topside.... it's amazing to see a rock the size of a Mac truck roll down a hill and plop into the water!.................... :hammer2: :D

roostwear
09-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah.. You comment after telling of your encounters with a tree after a high speed downhill run. I came out of my experience with a small scar and messed up nose. Not too bad if you ask me. :hammer2: :D
I didn't plant the damn thing there! :D

DEEZ NUTTS
09-16-2004, 04:36 PM
It is as if we all grew up in the same neighborhood. Same stuff, same trouble. All the BMX talk is taking me back. Just turned 29, been gaining alittle weight since last year. Decided I needed another 20" after about a 13 year break. Wish I never quit riding. Its like starting all over with the tricks. Just bought this last week used at a local shop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830105_0546_Small_.JPG
I'm getting schooled by the little punks down the street.

superdave013
09-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Dezz, I think your right! just think if we DID live in the same neighborhood. lol that would have been big trouble.
I'm 41 and will be giving this a flogging this on Sunday.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48santiago96-med.jpg

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Anybody say "Play Doctor" yet? :D

miller19j
09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
"Mosquito model rocket Bazooka" with electric start and an M-80 warhead ignited by the model rocket engine.
This bad boy was good for a solid 100 yard accuracy within 3 or four feet, and while it was certainly a two man crewed weapon, the results were devatating and very demoralizing to the kid holding only a bottle rocket to return fire with.
Wow that just brought back memories! :)
Mine used a piece of big drain pipe with a coat hanger for the guide rod. I strapped one of those big lantern batteries to my waist and had a push button on the side of the launch tube. I mounted that thing on my shoulder and hit the button. That thing was a deadly weapon until the tube melted!
I am pretty sure I used the Mosquito as well. If I remember correctly that was the smallest rocket estes made.
I also made one for my bike but that one didn’t work real well (but that’s a whole different story!). But my Gopher Gasser smoke screen worked like a dream. Oh….. the good old days!

Mardonzi
09-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Lets See Now.....
*the madatory bottle rocket wars
* making bombs with dads relaoding components
*bb gun wars
*the paper bag on fire full of dog sh*t on the door step, with fire crackers in the bag
*Garbage Can rockets outside the welding shop in High School
*Dropping blocks of wood on the table saw blade in wood shop and shooting them through the classroom window (2 week suspension)
*Demonstrating homemade black powder in the history classroom (report on ancient china) and singing off the teachers eyebrows and bangs in the process.
*Knocking valves off of Welding gas cylinders and trying to put them into orbit (not one of my smarter moves)
*Starting a lizard ranch in moms lingerie drawer..
The statue of limitations is still out there on some of the others....

rrrr
09-16-2004, 06:41 PM
I did a lot of stoopid stuff that revolved around my 1970 Land Cruiser....
Learned to water ski in an irrigation ditch alongside the Rio Grande, pulled by the Land Cruiser.
My best friend's dad owned the ski area. During the Summer we would go to the rental shop at night and take five or six pairs of skiis. We would drive around pulling each other behind the LC until the skiis were ground down to nothing. You shoulda seen the sparks!
Of course we had the stainless steel fire extinguishers, raised h*ll with 'em.
Went rabbit hunting in the desert at night with spotlights. Three guys with 12 gauge shotguns standing up hanging on to the roll bar of the LC, driving 20- 30 MPH chasing rabbits.
Then we found out that rabbits loved the golf course that was on the edge of the desert. I would drive up the arroyo where there was no fence and we would drive all over the fairways blasting rabbits. Had to get in and get out though. The cops were coming! :D
Did the 30 gallon trash bag oxy-acetylene bomb. Filled it in a friend's garage while Mom & Dad were out of town. We drove it to the park in the Toyota, set it on some newspaper and lit it. I thought the explosion was gonna break windows it was so loud. Back for bomb #2, got it 3/4 full and static electricity set it off. It was right next to an open bag of Portland cement. Hoooooly F*ck!!! Dust everywhere! We had to clean every stinking item in the garage. Me ears rang for days..... :D :D
Amazingly, no one was killed.

BADBLOWN572
09-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Thought of a couple more.
Got into a drunken stupor and me and some friends kidnapped a buddy on his birthday one time and drove him out to Holly Jim Canyon and kicked him out of the car at midnight. He was freaking out because he didn't know where he was and all that he could see was treas.
Broke into a car in the school parking lot of an asshole. Took a bottle of baby powder, some flex tubing, and a funnel. Used the funnel and the tube to get the baby powder into the airconditioning vents of the car. Then turned the AC on high so when he got in the car and turned on the ignition it went POOF and he was covered in baby powder.
Epoxy puddied a pie tin wit marbles on it to the underside of our english teacher's (asshole) truck. Thought the car was going to come apart.
Removed the same teacher's drive shaft from the truck while it was sitting in the teachers lot. Put it in the back of the truck. Couldn't figure out why his truck wouldn't move.
Same teacher, took 12" zip ties and zip tied his drive shaft so when he went in gear, it whipped around and caused the truck to almost fall apart.
Same teacher decided to park his truck on the residential streets behind the school so we wouldn't F-with it any more. Think it worked? NAW! We took a large painter's drop cloth and lined the bed of his truck. We then took the neighbor's hose and ran it into the bed full power. Filled the back of his truck up with water. Water was so heavy, it bottomed out his suspension and the truck wouldn't move. Had to have the fire department come out and suck it out with the fire truck.
I will try to think of more. Basically I was a kid with ADHD who had too much time on his hands. Like I said, product of a misspent youth. :D

hack job
09-16-2004, 07:29 PM
when i was young we would fill water ballons with any thing ( piss, mustard, juice , mayo, water and some pennies ) i had a center block wall that was on a major street and we would wait for the bus to drive by and the wail that stuff down on that baby we also would hit up cars and semi's. it was great fun cause no one could see us.
also there was a trucker that would park his "rig" on the same street at lunch with the windows down and walk to his house. then we throw about 15 -20 water ballons ( wink) in there lol.
one of our other pass times was shooting the street workers with the red ryder, lol
taking a water ballon launcher and shooting dog food out of it in to the air and watching it rain down on the street or people houses , with that same launcher we would line up across the street form a liqour store and shoot the ballons in to the store like a line drive.
note to self golf balls fly real well out of those launchers as well.
before the water ballons there was the many game on bikes , close crash ( see how close you could get to some thing or some one before you hit it /them. )
skiding throught the gutter after it rained to see how far you could shoot the crap water. :rolleyes:
most of our " activities " were with the water ballon launcher or the bb gun it was a blast till the cops came and took the gun and i had to explain that to my mom. :p

hack job
09-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Thought of a couple more.
Epoxy puddied a pie tin wit marbles on it to the underside of our english teacher's (asshole) truck. Thought the car was going to come apart.
. :D
we did this to this guy that wanted us to work on his car we took golf balls and put them inside the door and nuts and bolts in his hub caps.
and to one of my buddies we took the fire extengusher and shot it up the tail pipe when he fired it up there was a huge white cloud he was freaking out.
anther guy we took a bunch of wet paper towels and shoved them up the tail pipe he started the car and freaked cause it was running all crappy till it finally kicked them out :hammer2:

DEEZ NUTTS
09-16-2004, 07:46 PM
I have been trying to get our paintball crew to bust out the bb guns like the old days for a change. No one will man up.
I'm shure everyone can remember what the sound of being hit in the head with a rock, dirtclod, or bb is like today.
Superdave, More power to you. I only do my up and down hilling on this. Cant bring myself to pedal that much.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830105_0547_Small_.JPG

rrrr
09-16-2004, 07:51 PM
when i was young we would fill water ballons with any thing ( piss, mustard, juice , mayo, water and some pennies ) i had a center block wall that was on a major street and we would wait for the bus to drive by and the wail that stuff down on that baby we also would hit up cars and semi's. it was great fun cause no one could see us.
:p
LOL, we had the same kind of backyard. We used to do that to the concrete trucks, they would be going up the hill kinda slow and the windows were down. The driver would get soaked and they couldn't turn around because they had to deliver the mud.
I'm surprised one of 'em never came back...
Oh yeah, I forgot about the church across the street, it was the only building on that side of the road, behind it was desert. We would take the screen off my second story bedroom window and shoot my .22 at the church bell.
My dad just found out about that at Christmas last year, thirty years later. He walked around all day muttering to himself and giving me and my brothers dirty looks..... :D :D :D

78sleekcraft
09-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Duct tapeing someone to a flag pole.
Boosted a Geo convertable Put it on the school campus and filled it with styrofoam peanuts.
yard farming (Large lifted 4X4 + nice yard= pissed person)
Relocation of portible johns to residental locations
drag racing VWs in a chicken house(no chickens were hurt)
shooting rabbits off of a combine

rrrr
09-16-2004, 08:28 PM
opening fire hydrants full blast in the middle of the night, carving 4' deep holes in front yards....
:supp: :supp:

DEEZ NUTTS
09-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Going through this thread reminds me of how much time I/We spent out side. I am glad I did not grow up with video games in the house. Think of all the skills learned in even the smallest way from your experiences. Even engineering explosives tought us all something. Dont know what exactly, but I wouldent trade that stuff for anything. It kills me to see kids playing video games all day every day.
And to add to the list- Making sparks with dads grinders for hours. No object was safe if it could get sharp or make sparks.

rrrr
09-16-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm shure everyone can remember what the sound of being hit in the head with a rock, dirtclod, or bb is like today.
Oh man, a big hard dirtclod in the temple, made a sound like a bomb going off. Your eyes and nose runnin' like a river, ears ringing like crazy...
PAYBACK TIME!!!!!! :hammerhea :D

Misogynist
09-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Man... I'm surrounded by a bunch of juvenile delinquents..... but.... uhhh.... I can remember doing stuff too.... Hiding behind bushes and pelting cars and busses with snow balls.... Sneaking into neighbor's yards and stealing their ornament bulbs from the christmas lights and breaking them.... There was an overpass for I-80 that was near our highschool... no on ramps or off ramps... we would wait until a big semi went by and would drop a watermelon onto the top of it's trailer.... one time it hit the cab... that was the last time... we were afraid the cops would be waiting for us..... :D Luckily it hit the roof of the cab and not the windshield... about then we realized how dangerous it was for the drivers of the trucks... :hammer2: :supp:

Misogynist
09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
One of my classmates in HS was a real nut-job... still is... I saw him just a few months ago... anyway... his neighbor up the street was a City detective... had an undercover car... City plates but no "christmas tree" on the roof... just a red spotlight on the a-pillar.... My buddy prowled the car and found it had the keys in the ignition... (dumb for a cop... isn't it?) anyway.. my buddy steals this unmarked car and starts cruising all of our hangouts.. He shows up with it in this area where we used to ride dirt bikes and hang out... he starts hammering this thing over dips and bumps...he must have punctured the oil pan... because after a while it starts smoking and coughing and barely running anymore.... the best part... he limps it back to the place he found it and left it there with the keys still in the ignition... we still laugh our a$$es off thinking what happened when the cop got back into the car in the morning... it's all dirty and the motor is blown.... roflmao...... :skull:What really cracks me up is years later... I hadn't seen this guy for at least 20 years... I'm watching TV and happen to be surfing channels and land on "Family Feud"... I see this clown buddy of mine on tv with his family.... talk about an acid trip........ :messedup:

Nucking futs
09-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Jumping our bmx bikes across the roof gap in the classrooms about 4'
putting a stuffed purse in the middle of our street and watch the dumbshits try to grab it and yank it with the fishing pole and watching them almost fall on there face trying to pick it up.
Ice blocking at the brickyard
stickerball fights with wrist rockets
paint ball cars with brake fluid in the paint balls
robbed the coke machine at the high school with the dollar bill thing and then getting arrested monday morning at school
BEER RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cs19
09-16-2004, 10:29 PM
First thing that popped in my head..
We used to plug this one drain that was in between these two small grassy hills at the local park when a big storm was coming, it would fill up pretty good and we would skimboard and all that sh*t in it, well one time I plugged it like its supposed to be plugged (blue tarp) and the thing was like 3-4 feet deep , so I put one of our Kawasaki 440 jetskis on my skateboard and carted it down there and launched it in this pond or whatever it was, i was doing full on hot laps around this thing. Classic moment. I was like 10 years old probably..we also put it in our neighbors pool, not a good idea.
Another time me and a friend ran our full race jet skiis in this bird sanctuary place over by uci college when we were freshmen in high school, we were making full on wide open passes back there,carving it up and all these huge birds are flying around wondering what the hell was happening, it was crazy..We got chased out of there.
Bottle rockets, bb guns, stealing beers from pops, taking the boat out while dads playing golf at the local course(his fault for leaving the boat in the water, with the keys in it),borrowing his dually when I was like 12, :D go karts,bmx,mini bike tracks,half pipes, in our newly landscaped yard, ,potato guns, pea shooters,stealing christmas light bulbs and throwing them just to hear that little "pop" dirt clods, whats with kids and dirt clods? I got in huge amounts of trouble for dirt clods...
Oh one more...
Ok so we live right behind this pizza place (munchies pizza for you huntington/fv guys) so this pizza place is "the place" to be on superbowl sunday if your a 9er's fan. The place is friggin packed, and were always screwing wth the owner, he didnt like us, we didnt like him.. So its superbowl sunday and the 9ers are playing, just as the kicker is running down the field for the kick off, we disconnect his cable line thats running down the wall beind the place, lol, you could hear the people inside going " ahhh,what the fu*% ?" for a mile away. They eventually figured out what happened, and he knew it was us. The good ol' days.

Froggystyle
09-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Boosted a Geo convertable Put it on the school campus and filled it with styrofoam peanuts.
This is close to another antic I did with peanuts. We found a jerk with his window down a little and got his door open, then, we put a trash bag full of styrofoam peanuts in there and closed the door back up. Light up the gas powered leaf blower, and blow in the cracked window for about 30 seconds.
The static electricity created by the leaf blower was so profound against the styrofoam that it would be absolutely magnetic. You couldn't get rid of the popcorn. You literally had to pull it out a couple of pieces at a time, and it would totally stick to your hand while you were trying to throw it in a bag or whatever.
Too funny.

Froggystyle
09-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Jumping our bmx bikes across the roof gap in the classrooms about 4'
putting a stuffed purse in the middle of our street and watch the dumbshits try to grab it and yank it with the fishing pole and watching them almost fall on there face trying to pick it up.
Ice blocking at the brickyard
stickerball fights with wrist rockets
paint ball cars with brake fluid in the paint balls
robbed the coke machine at the high school with the dollar bill thing and then getting arrested monday morning at school
BEER RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dunno... sounds like a little BS goin on here. Roof gaps on BMX, fishing line on purses, brake fluid in the paintballs? Maybe you use different paintballs than I ever have, but brake fluid would break down cellulose in about a 1/4 second, not to mention getting the paint out.
Throwin the flag here...

superdave013
09-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Froggy, we are riding at a high elevation on sunday. wanna go? You will get your exercise for sure.

superdave013
09-17-2004, 09:09 AM
when we were kids (16) we all seemed to have the old hand me down cars. I was bumming to have a 1968 Opal Kadet. lol
But my bro had a 70's Delta 88 that was a total sled. He would hit this RR crossing that was pretty steep at about 65 - 70. Man O man did that car come down hard.