PDA

View Full Version : If you could

MsDrmr
09-16-2004, 01:03 PM
What would have done differently in you life?

Her454
09-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Stayed out of the sun more & taken better care of myself.
Had more children.
More I love you's and less I'm sorry's.
Tried a little bit harder at just about everything.
More Hugs for the people I love.
Telling people how I feel instead of assuming they already know it.
Appreciated my parents more while they were still alive to appreciate it.
Listened more.

topless
09-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Stayed out of the sun more & taken better care of myself.
Had more children.
Tried a little bit harder at just about everything.
More Hugs for the people I love.
Telling people how I feel instead of assuming they already know it.
Appreciated my parents more while they were still alive to appreciate it.
Listened more.
Yea, what she said. :wink:

Keithb87
09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
I would have not let my Dickie Doo happen.. I should of never stopped excersing.
Other than that I would not change anything.. Everything that has heppened in my life make me what I am today.. :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-16-2004, 01:17 PM
I would have said more I love you's to my mom while she was still here. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. And I would have been a better son to her.

FMluvswater
09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
I wish I had quit smoking the moment I knew I was pregnant. I'll regret I didn't for the rest of my life and it was not a lesson learned mistake - just my own selfishness and stupidity. Smoke free now going on 8 years (kiddo was almost 2 months old when I quit.)

Rod-64
09-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Not moved to this dopey state of Arizona.
Saved more money by not spending it on over 1500 CD's and vehicles I didn't like and other nonsense.
Bought a lot of stock in Microsoft in the early days. :D

91nordic29
09-16-2004, 01:25 PM
i would have joined the air force like i planned instead of being talked into getting married. but like STV said, our experiences have made us what we are today. i wouldnt change a thing now (except my mind every - so - often). :cool:

Rod-64
09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
I wish I had quit smoking the moment I knew I was pregnant. I'll regret I didn't for the rest of my life and it was not a lesson learned mistake - just my own selfishness and stupidity. Smoke free now going on 8 years (kiddo was almost 2 months old when I quit.)
Good point.......I regret ever started smoking.........I "quit" but now I'm addicted to Nicorette gum and if I have any beer or what not you gotta have a smoke then. :frown:

Her454
09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Can I add that I should have married for money instead of love? :yuk: :)

91nordic29
09-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Not moved to this dopey state of Arizona.
Saved more money by not spending it on over 1500 CD's and vehicles I didn't like and other nonsense.
Bought a lot of stock in Microsoft in the early days. :D
well, kingman IS kinda out there-- :cool:

FRENCHIE
09-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Become mormon>>>>>>>>>>>>9 wives!!! :)

91nordic29
09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
smoking--a big regret. sucks.

MRS. MAINEVENT
09-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Nothing.... :p

Rod-64
09-16-2004, 01:34 PM
well, kingman IS kinda out there-- :cool:
Yes......it is. :frown:
On the other hand it's only 45 minutes from Havasu! :D

mirvin
09-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Nothing.... :p
I'm leaning towards that one too :D No regrets baby!!!
mirvin :eek:

FMluvswater
09-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Good point.......I regret ever started smoking.........I "quit" but now I'm addicted to Nicorette gum and if I have any beer or what not you gotta have a smoke then. :frown:
I don't regret starting. I learned stuff about myself and learned stuff about other people while I was a smoker. There's a social culture involved in it that the "never smoked" will never get (not good or bad just how it is). When I was a "never smoked" I was intolerant of smokers. I begged my mom to quit for years and was furious that she wouldn't. Now on the other side of things I have better understanding of why she wouldn't or couldn't. Some people don't need to put their hand in a bucket of tar to know tar is black (more power to them) but the "wet paint"/"sharp edges" sign gets me way too often. :o

Her454
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
I don't regret starting. I learned stuff about myself and learned stuff about other people while I was a smoker. There's a social culture involved in it that the "never smoked" will never get (not good or bad just how it is). When I was a "never smoked" I was intolerant of smokers. I begged my mom to quit for years and was furious that she wouldn't. Now on the other side of things I have better understanding of why she wouldn't or couldn't. Some people don't need to put their hand in a bucket of tar to know tar is black (more power to them) but the "wet paint"/"sharp edges" sign gets me way too often. :o
Sometimes I hate the way you make me delve deep into my inner self when I have NO desire to. :D :mix:

FMluvswater
09-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Sometimes I hate the way you make me delve deep into my inner self when I have NO desire to. :D :mix:
My apologies sweetie! :D

Her454
09-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Well I guess I need to do it sometime FM, might as well be with humor...and you always provide that! :)

racecar.hotshoe
09-16-2004, 01:44 PM
I think if you would have ask me this 10 years ago I would have had a different answer,But everything turned out ok.Life is good.

PlyaPlya22
09-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Become mormon>>>>>>>>>>>>9 wives!!! :)
That's busy brotha! You can have 2 kids by each one too!

lucky
09-16-2004, 01:52 PM
mine - married later in life , invested money , became hue hefners best freind ------- ohh i should have paid more attention to the 30year old women that where hittin on me when i was a bagger at albertson all i can say is "duh "

FMluvswater
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Well I guess I need to do it sometime FM, might as well be with humor...and you always provide that! :)
often unwittingly :squiggle: :o :)

Kim Hanson
09-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Got into buying boats earlier and said " NO " to drugs! :redface: I don't do them anymore though....10 yrs straight now!........( . )( . )........

CAHotRodBoy
09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
This song gets to me every time I hear it. I think it has something to do with getting old. You start to look back on all the things that have happened in your life and sift through what’s important and what’s not. Your priorities change and you start thinking about what might have been and “if only I had….”. Most of the stuff I’d do again because it’s what makes us who we are. On the other hand, this line kills me: “She wanted to paint our bedroom yellow and trim it in blues and greens But I wouldn't let her, it wouldn't of hurt nothing”. IT WOULDN’T OF HURT NOTHING. I think back on all the times my pig headed ego got in the way and I got hung up on some stupid little thing that I would or wouldn’t do because of some misguided principal or image. The friendships lost, experiences missed, sights unseen, dreams unrealized. I keep these words on the forefront of my thinking at all times now. It helps me keep things in proper perspective and not sweat the small stuff.
I’d spent a lot more time out in the pouring rain without an umbrella
Covering my head
And I’d stood up to that bully when he pushed and called me names
But I was too afraid
And I’d gone on and saw Elvis that night he came to town
Mama said I couldn't
And I'd went skinny dipping with Jenny Carson that time she dared me to
But I didn't
Oh I, I’d done a lot of things different
I wish I’d spent more time with my dad when he was alive
Now I don't have the chance
And I wish I'd told my brother how much I loved him before he went off to war
But I just shook his hand
I wish I’d gone to church on Sunday morning when my grandma begged me to
But I was afraid of God
I wish I would of listened when they said boy you're gonna wish you hadn't
But I wouldn't
People say they wouldn't change a thing
Even if they could
Oh but I would
There was this red dress she wanted one time so bad she could taste it
I shoulda bought it, but I didn't
She wanted to paint our bedroom yellow and trim it in blues and greens
But I wouldn't let her, it wouldn't of hurt nothing
She loved, to be held and kissed and touched
But I didn't do it, not nearly enough
And If I’d had known that dance was gonna be our last dance
I'd asked that band to play on and on, on and on
People say they wouldn't change a thing
Even if they could
Oh but I would, ooh
Oh I, I’d done a lot of things
I think we'd all do a lot of things different.