PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding Rogers Boats

Daughter
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey, anyone know who owns the Rogers jet boat hull? Or how I can track it down? Any info would be great. Thanks!

1Bahnerjet
09-16-2004, 02:51 PM
I'll take the first guess.
Advantage ?
www.advantageboats.com

TRG
09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
owns a hull? or the mold?

victorfb
09-16-2004, 10:11 PM
i think what you are asking for is the were abouts of the molds, correct?
1Bahnerjet is correct to the fact that Advantage has the 18'. the 19" and i believe the 21' was sold to a guy that i have not yet found the name of, but i do know he is in no way willing to part with them, nor lease them out. nor does he plan on doing anything with them. (sad, isnt it?) i talked with roger wieman a couple weeks ago and he told me that he too has recently tried to get the molds back or just lease them to make a couple hulls and the guy said no. so if your looking for the possibilty of the 19' TR to come back, im betting youll be waiting a long long time. i dont know how well Advantage has been keeping up the 18' mold nor do i know how meticulous they are about glassing up the hulls like Roger was, but you can still get the 18' hull from Advantage.(not the mold)

victorfb
09-16-2004, 10:12 PM
hey Toddnjuzz, that looks like a rogers hull in your avatar. way cool. :D

TRG
09-16-2004, 10:17 PM
would'nt have it any other way pal!

Heatseeker
09-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Hey Vic, you've been in contact with Roger?
I'd love to have a conversation with him myself.
Maybe you could get him to join the board?

victorfb
09-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Hey Vic, you've been in contact with Roger?
I'd love to have a conversation with him myself.
Maybe you could get him to join the board?
well, i dont think that is going to happen anytime soon. he is old school and not into the computer thing just yet. but his kids are trying to change that. :p
he frequents his local lake in a new to him 21 rogers (finally got one of his old boats).

Daughter
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM
i think what you are asking for is the were abouts of the molds, correct?
1Bahnerjet is correct to the fact that Advantage has the 18'. the 19" and i believe the 21' was sold to a guy that i have not yet found the name of, but i do know he is in no way willing to part with them, nor lease them out. nor does he plan on doing anything with them. (sad, isnt it?) i talked with roger wieman a couple weeks ago and he told me that he too has recently tried to get the molds back or just lease them to make a couple hulls and the guy said no. so if your looking for the possibilty of the 19' TR to come back, im betting youll be waiting a long long time. i dont know how well Advantage has been keeping up the 18' mold nor do i know how meticulous they are about glassing up the hulls like Roger was, but you can still get the 18' hull from Advantage.(not the mold)
Yes you got it right. I was looking for the molds. Thank you for the info. Too bad it's what I had guessed (19 & 21 nla). I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in.

victorfb
09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
no problem, hope it helped. if your looking for a 19' you can spot them every now and then in the papers or online for sale. the 21' is rare to see for sale. good luck.